[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who was happy to see him back at the end of the movie?...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Kraken_attacks_18_Davy_Jones.png (250KB, 638x267px) Image search: [Google]
Kraken_attacks_18_Davy_Jones.png
250KB, 638x267px
who was happy to see him back at the end of the movie?...

i believe he has everything to become a great and memorable villain...
>>
I went to the midnight opening yesterday and missed out on the post credits scene.

What was it?

Was he in human form or squid?

If they make a 6 they better find a way to bring barbossa back again
>>
>watching pirates in 2017
Why do you torture yourself. They series went down hill after the first and the 4th was beyond garbage.
>>
>>83192083
2 and 3 were good, cmon man...

4 was shit

5 is actually decent.

I never cared for jack too, the side characters have always been more interesting
>>
>>83192037

agree with you on that... it's my favourite character... also i thikn Rush did some spoiler about the 6th movie somewhere but was told not to say another word...

it was with Will and Elizabeth... HE LITERALLY WALKS IN while they are sleeping and you see his shadow over them... Will wakes up and sees him raising his crab claw ready to strike him down... then he wakes up again like it was just a dream but has he falls back asleep and holds Elizabeth, the camera pans down and you see Jones "melting" into the ground and leaving a wet floor and some sea food behind

i liked the movie but the editting was made by 12 years old... i like the replacement on Zimmer... spent the whole week discussing this with fellow cinematograpehrs... the new guy is MUCH better than Hans Zimmer

The recurring minor cast was fine but they felt... i don't know, forced?

loved the 2 new leads, the kids are great.

Barbossa fucking steals the whole show from Sparrow...

Salazar was ok i guess... i chuckled at him most of the time...
>>
>>83192083

it's entertainment... as far as entertainment go, i liked all the movies even knowing and understanding they are not even good...

1 is the best, 2 and 3 are okay, i liked Jones
4 is slightly off the tracks but i DID like the way they tied in the mythos

5 is surprisingly decent... i thoguht it was going to be worse than 4 but i think it's as good as the second one...

being completly honest, the REAL PIRATE mythology is what keeps me going in this movies... and all of them have tiny bits that relate to real life events that i used to read on old pirate stories books...

Bartholomeus, Morgan, Teague and Leon already appeared... hoping Kid makes his debut soon
>>
>>83191834
He's done for as a villain, we know everything there is to know about him, guy got cucked and threw his job. At best he can be a supporting sidekick or a neutral guy.

>>83192257
>the new guy is MUCH better than Hans Zimmer
How comes? It was basically soundtrack from the first movie with few bits from the 3rd. One of the most disappointing parts about it IMO.

>The recurring minor cast was fine but they felt... i don't know, forced?
True although specially the ex navy guys made perfect sense and was hinted in 3rd.

>Salazar was ok i guess... i chuckled at him most of the time...
Found him pretty bland. He had such a cool design but he was neither threatening nor funny enough and didn't feel really human, just "the bad guy role". Given the good performance it was very disappointing too.

Hector was definitely the highlight and the first time the movies almost made me want to cry. Which I am still pretty confusing about because I didn't care too much about him or his daughter yet the scenes were so touching.
>>
>>83192379
If you care about the mythology, what they did to Teach was even more jarring. His daughter, Barbossa and the fucking Spaniards stole the show from him.
>>
>>83192807

>How comes? It was basically soundtrack from the first movie

Salazar theme was better than any other sound track in the franchise so far... i'm getting it in my ipod ASAP... but i won't argue tastes.

>Found him pretty bland

completely agree... there was on urgency... things happened because they did... they dragged and the fact that the villain did nothing almost the entire movie was dissapointing...

> the first time the movies almost made me want to cry.

feel you mate... the scene was confusing but it played out perfectly... fucking hell... having kids do change the way you see these movies...

>>83192877

yeah, that might be true... at least i think the Spaniards were cool... The Spaniard in particular still holds as the most fucking badass character in the series...

but you are 100% right anon, to be honest, what i meant about mythology is that it was palpable... you could feel it... they throwed Teach in there, he IS there... he didn't do much whatsoever but HE WAS THERE... and that aspect did dragged me back then to watch the movie on the theatre and it does make me enjoy it slightly above what it really is... hope i'm making some sense here...
>>
>>83191834
I didn't care for seeing him return. To me, the post-credits scene really is just Will's nightmare, and the barnacles on the floor are there because Elizabeth went for a swim before going straight to bed and dragged them in between her toes.

After Hector sacrificed himself, I actually expected the post-credits scene to show him as captain of the Dutchman. Someone has to ferry the dead to the afterlife, I was expecting to see him having swapped places with Will, without the penalty system of fish transformation.
I mean, they even kinda foreshadowed this! Henry attempts suicide in the prologue, so Will can come and pick him up. They played the love theme associated with him after Barbossa's sacrifice, so I thought the Dutchman would show up. Oh well.
>>
File: 1494251474095.jpg (471KB, 1444x866px) Image search: [Google]
1494251474095.jpg
471KB, 1444x866px
>>83192083
It's utter shlock but I enjoy it for what it is. I never get enough of the over the top action set pieces with Jack jumping across the room and flying off chandeliers and ropes and shit. Also the goofy lore is fun.
>>
File: 1494892145867.jpg (9KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
1494892145867.jpg
9KB, 204x247px
>>83193278

i was also expecting that!... but to be honest, i don't think Barbossa is finished... i've heard Rush saying that it wasn't over for the character...

in a way i was hoping the franchise would be over untill the post credits scene...

i think they can do justice to the character... when i finished watching the second movie i thought it would be able to reach the peaks of , i don't know, Darth Vader himself perhaps... But third movies comes out and he becomes a puppy...

I'm just hoping that if they are getting a 6th movie, they are now on the right direction and they have everything to make it right.

hell, they could even save the 4th instalment if they played their cards rights...
>>
>>83191834
>im ur dad btw :^)
why
>>
>>83193535
>they could even save the 4th instalment if they played their cards rights...
Sans of inventing the time machine or something to erase our memories ... nah.

Though the future seems decent, the new leads are functional enough, there are enough lose ends to focus on and now they can slowly push Jack to the side without killing the entire franchise.
>>
>>83193719

Scrum was great in this one... and the after effects of the 4th one on Barbossa were felt and it played out great...

the 4th movie was an enjoyable mess... i enjoyed it despise the fact that it sucked... if someone from that movie comes back in the 6th movie, maybe, MAYBE... maybe they can "save the movie" ?... i don't know, i feel like i'm playing the devils advocate part here...
>>
I cant belive how much better then Jack Barbosa was in this movie.
Whenever Jack was on screen, I was just waiting for more Barbosa
>>
>>83193970
I could enjoy the 4th too because ... POTC, I bet I could enjoy most of the shit they threw at me but it was objective a mess, so unless someone else is just as big of a fanboy, it's just not salvageable. It's probably best to let it be forgotten or a most go with references like the mermaids again.

>>83194194
Yeah, Jack sure lost his charisma, the bank robbery was pretty cool but afterwards it was very meh, which is probably intended. Keeping Johnny Depp blows up the budget and doesn't allow them to try something really new. In the next they could limit him to couple cameos and then to intro/outro like Will in this one.
>>
>>83194194

i have that feelin on every movie of the franchise... even the second one
>>
>>83194194
Its been that way since 3 desu
>>
File: invisible-hook.jpg (41KB, 259x400px) Image search: [Google]
invisible-hook.jpg
41KB, 259x400px
Anyone read any pirate /lit/?
>>
>>83193243
>Salazar theme
I recall it sounding cool but not long enough to get the feel of it with all the stuff going on. Looking forward to check it out in detail when the OST finally arrives ... which should be later today.
>>
>>83194406

i used to read way more...

the pirate story i remember the most is probably Jules Verne, The Archipelago on Fire.

http://archive.spectator.co.uk/article/26th-december-1885/23/the-archipelago-on-fire-by-jules-verne-sampson-low

The pirate captain Nicholas STARKos is so fucking amazing... it takes his mother to reach him and kill him because no one else ever survived long enough to get close to him

plus, he reminds me of Dr. Doom... "sorry, i'm robbing this bank, do get out of the way please" and people just do because he's the most murderous actual living person
>>
I thought Salazar did nothing wrong
>>
>>83193970
I remember Blackbeard's sword could do neat tricks like controlling ropes on that particular ship that had a flamethrower. Shame Barbossa didn't use that ship.
>>
>>83192257
Human Salazar was a much better villain than undead Salazar.
>>
I like Salazar because of his accent and how happy he is with killing pirates.

I'm a simple guy, i guess
>>
>>83196235
Yeah it was a missed chance. The 2-3rd handled it the best by far, with the Beckett - Davy Jones dynamic.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.