[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>art house isn't dying, it's dead Is Lynch right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: lynch red room.jpg (213KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lynch red room.jpg
213KB, 1920x1080px
>art house isn't dying, it's dead

Is Lynch right? Have there been any significant art house movies in the past decade?
>>
>>83188774
Who gives a fuck about art house? Are there any good art house movies?
>>
>>83188774
Yes it is, for a lomg time now. He's referring to the arthouse movies from when he was young by the way. That's his point of reference.
>>
All the modern "arthouse" films are just normie flicks with slightly more artistic merit than a regular blockbuster
>>
File: potion seller.jpg (55KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
potion seller.jpg
55KB, 500x411px
>>83188774

Enter the Void? Lost River? The Witch?

How does one even define art house in a strict sense?

>>83191353

Low budget art film still exists as much as it ever did, it's just that they're not as widely praised anymore.
>>
>>83188774
Last year's Sunset Song by Terence Davies was bretty good.
>>
>>83189107
Belladonna of Sadness
>>
>>83191443
Was Enter the Void any good? I watched for this girl I was seeing, ended up detesting her and therefore, detesting it.
>>
>>83191564

Yeah, probably a bit too long.

I'm going to catch flak for this, but it helps if you're tripping on something, a lot of the visuals were made to benefit from psychedelics.
>>
>>83191504
Shit, you really got me there. I fucking love Belladonna of Sadness, didn't know it'd be considered arthouse.
>>
The Turin Horse was the last real arthouse film, prove me wrong.
>>
>>83191627
Ok, that makes perfect sense, thanks.
>>
>>83191443
>Low budget art film still exists as much as it ever did, it's just that they're not as widely praised anymore.

I think this is only a fragment of the full picture. There is no space much left for art films nowadays. We are drowning in big budget releases, not just the studios but Netflix and co as well.
Showtime should be praised for giving Lynch so much freedom and space in 2017. This is clearly a risk by Hollywood standards. The last time Hollywood financed a Lynch movie the wall was still up in Berlin.
>>
>>83191504
I fucking love that movie and it's soundtrack
>>
>>83191764
>The last time Hollywood financed a Lynch movie the wall was still up in Berlin

Mulholland Drive was Universal
>>
>>83192918
Nah, it was funded/produced by StudioCanal. Universal just picked up the US distribution rights after the movie was done
>>
>>83193420

I stand corrected
>>
>>83193441
yeah the french basically have been producing Lynch for more than 2 decades now.
Even this S3 if you look at the end credits you'll see the french quite involved still with CNC (Centre Nationale de la Cinématographie) funding and tax re-baits.
>>
>>83191413

This. They're even made by the same companies.
>>
>>83191443
>Enter the Void?
shit
>Lost River?
shit
>The Witch?
not arthouse
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.