[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just saw this. What did /tv/ think? I unironically cried

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Just saw this.
What did /tv/ think?

I unironically cried a couple of times desu
>>
>>83186738
About to watch a shitty Russian camrip because can't be assed waiting any longer. From all the stuff I read about it, it sounds pretty good.

Over what did you cry though? Hector kicking the bucket? Seems like such a waste after the reveal, then again it's not like people stay dead for long there.
>>
>>83186829
>About to watch a shitty Russian camrip
Why aren't you just going to the cinema?

It looked absolutely gorgeous.
>>
It wasn't perfect but way better then the fourth. Just came back from it as well though I have to say GotG2 made me actually tear up while this one had touching moments but wasn't that emotional. Bardem and Rush are the best part of the movie as expected. I would have liked to see even a bit more of Salazar. Depp does his thing as Jack as usual. The two young actors are mediocre at best. Especially her dialogs constantly evolve around the smart woman need no man trope but even they don't even follow that to the end. Soundtrack was amazing. The gimmick of the new purse adversaries is pretty cool and everything makes a bit more sense than in the 4th movie. I don't want to talk about Orlando Bloom too much here to not spoiler anything. The ending was a nice pay off even though it didn't overwhelm me and kind of forbids a sequel, even though the very last scene leaves that open again and the post credit scene is basically a guarantee for a follow up if it wasn't a very mean joke by the directors. You can feel the soft boot character of it but it doesn't feel forced. Only thing that bugged me is that darn compass that's way to important over all those movies now in my opionon. I give it a 8 of 10
>>
>>83186869
For one, I'd have to wait longer for original dub (one day but still) while paying to watch German dub is worse than free Russian one and it's generally an annoying experience with all the traveling involved. I am going to rewatch it in 1080p with all the jazz later either way, now it's just to deal with the hype that built up since the first trailer.

Is it true that Davy Jones got a post credits scene?
>>
>>83187235
I'm German too and watched a English screening in my shorty city today so no excuse for you

And yes that's kind of true
>>
>>83187481
Can vary a lot, I live in a big city but original in 2D is hard to come by. I see it as watching a detailed trailer, enough to deal with the curiosity but leaving enough hype for the comfy rewatch of better version.
>>
>>83186738
Decent. Better than 4. I would've enjoyed it a lot more had I not been spoiled on all the emotional bits (Hector's death sure but more importantly everything involving Will and Elizabeth. Up until a few days ago I didn't know Henry's story was about wanting to free Will of the Dutchman, as a big fan of POTC 3 that would have blown my mind if I hadn't read about it beforehand but knowing about it kinda lessened the impact.)
>>
Salazar was extremely inconsistent
At one hand he's this goofy undead navyman, but at the other he's apparently very angry
These two don't blend very well

The pacing felt very unnatural at times. They spent a real long time at St. Martin, the pre-execution was dragged out as all hell and alot of unnecessary drama was stirred up over Jack not having money, which the side-character Henry just solves off-screen for 'le ebin crew saves the day right before death' moment.

This movie had some very fine shots, almost on par with the third one, which in my eyes had the best shots in the series

Not to mention the introduction of the worst character in the series, a terribly forced SJW character which pushes down the message of 'womyn are smart too!!' down your throat

They ruined Barbossa's character. You don't need to know more

I actually wouldn't mind if they made this into a more detailed two-part movie, the emotional scenes would've hit so much harder, and they were pretty fucking solid in this one
>>
>>83187481
I was hoping they would reveal Barbossa having taken over captainship of the Dutchman. I was a bit pissed that they made the transformation into fishmen a mandatory thing instead of a punishment for Jones half-assing it on the job out of spite. Being the ferrymen of the dead-at-sea is a job, not a curse.
>>
>>83188561
>a terribly forced SJW character which pushes down the message of 'womyn are smart too!!' down your throat
She does feel like that from time to time but overall she's arrogant about it instead of being preachy, making it pretty bearable.
>>
>>83188561
>Not to mention the introduction of the worst character in the series, a terribly forced SJW character which pushes down the message of 'womyn are smart too!!' down your throat

She is a bit of a brat, but she's not played as being without flaws. Panicking, running straight into a trap and immediately crying for help springs to mind.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.