[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's difficult for me to find a lot of movies enjoyable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1495697276916.jpg (11KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1495697276916.jpg
11KB, 240x240px
It's difficult for me to find a lot of movies enjoyable because plot conveniences and nitpick almost everything when I don't like it.

But my friends get angry at me when I try to explain my thoughts on a movie and they'd rather me say nothing or hate that I can't enjoy most movies.

Why do people get offended? I don't even come off rude when I talk about a movie I think isn't good. Should I just say nothing when I walk out of the theater with my friends? It's frustrating.
>>
My guess is you refuse to accept the genre conventions when watching a movie of a certain genre. You're probably "criticising" horror films for having characters that are scared and irrational or you're "criticising" action films for having an unreasonable amount of action.
>>
literally r*ddit

caring about "plot" is the most plebeian thing you can do.
>>
>>83170421
Is this necessarily a bad opinion to have? I can understand having more leniency for older action films because that's where it all started and it's completely aware of how dumb and cartoony it's being.

Recently I had an argument with a friend whether Alien Covenant was a good movie and I argued that the boring characters and the massive amounts of plot convenience ruined the movie for me. But their response is "What do you expect it's an action movie."

Is that really a valid excuse for bad writing? I don't understand this logic.
>>
>>83170491
Nah.
>>
File: 35T5RxbrnvLNCzfOZPq9BoB6egq.jpg (394KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
35T5RxbrnvLNCzfOZPq9BoB6egq.jpg
394KB, 1920x1080px
>>83170686
you will remain a pleb forever.
>>
>>83170746
Then what should I focus on?
>>
Yeah it's not useful to try to tell everyone what they like sucks. I endured a whole dinner with my friends after watching Interstellar where they sat around and said how brilliant it was and ignored all the plot holes and ridiculous character decisions. I could have told them I hated it but what's the point? We had a better night. Spew that garbage on the internet and spare your friends.
>>
Feels good to be one of the few people that can enjoy a movie for what it is, and not dislike it for what it isn't. I can still criticize it and see flaws or whatever but it must be annoying as fuck for you if you can't enjoy decent movies.
>>
>>83171153
Feminine penises
>>
>>83171614
tHIS I GOTTA TRY
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.