[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Both are made by Disney >Both are sequels to films from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 41

File: TronWars.jpg (722KB, 1011x750px) Image search: [Google]
TronWars.jpg
722KB, 1011x750px
>Both are made by Disney
>Both are sequels to films from around 30 years prior
>Both are the same general story as the original film
>Both have the biggest star of the original cast in a major role
>Both kill said cast member's character at/near the end
>Both feature the son of the aforementioned character in a major role
>Both have one of it's other original cast members in a supporting role

>One shunned the original director/writer and threw all his ideas in the trash
>The other retained the original director/writer as a producer
>One has a protagonist who can do anything and everything on her own without any help
>The other has a flawed but well meaning protagonist who makes mistakes and sometimes needs help
>One has a villain without a clear backstory or motivations
>The other has a fleshed out villain with clear motivations who is doing the right thing from his own point of view
>One has the son of the original film's protagonist as the villain, who ends up murdering his own father
>The other has the son of the original film's protagonist as the hero
>One kills the original film's protagonist before the climax in a death that accomplishes nothing
>The other has the original film's protagonist sacrifice himself at the climax to save his son/the world
>One is soulless, pandering, uninspired, agenda pushing trash
>The other is one of the greatest cinematic achievements since the turn of the century
Discuss
>>
>>83169847
Don't care about the comparison to TFA but god damn it you mouse, make another Tron movie.

Fuck damn it, Tron Legacy was great as a visual experience and albeit, the story was dumb in some parts it represented what Tron's world would look like in the modern computer world.

Yes, I'm mad that Tron 3 was cancelled because Tomorrowland did shit.
>>
>>83169847
>Tron
Falls snuggly within my "fuck you I liked it" list.
Visuals and soundtrack just made it like an kick ass music video from start to finish.
>>
>>83170041
Daft Punk were on their A-game making this movie's soundtrack honestly.
>>
At least Tron had a very hot Olivia Wilde in it and no feminism. TFA is a feminist fantasy with Keira Kinghtley doppleganger as a lead
>>
File: DaisyRidley.jpg (244KB, 1300x861px) Image search: [Google]
DaisyRidley.jpg
244KB, 1300x861px
>One has attractive white protagonists
>The other has a Xenomorph and shaved ape
>>
>>83169847
yea but i actually like tron though...
>>
>>83170199
>Keira Kinghtley doppleganger
In her dreams. Ditto on Olivia though.
>>
Man I love this movie so much.. Both visuals and soundtrack are insanely good, better yet pop some psychedelic drugs and this movie is a 10/10
>>
>>83169847
Too bad the fights in Tron were shit. That disc is shit for fighting
>>
Tron Legacy was an amazing movie.
>>
>>83170443
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt6clk4LNRk

I'm sorry, what?
>>
File: Tron Leg 2.png (318KB, 820x343px) Image search: [Google]
Tron Leg 2.png
318KB, 820x343px
>Disney
>Every character is white
>The only diversity is background extras
What the fuck happened between 2010 and 2015?
>>
>>83170585
Why do we need black computer programs? We actually want programs to work.
>>
>>83170495
Yeah it's lightsabers and weird discs that are used like daggers, they could just have gone with daggers. The discs look weird
>>
File: 4dPYv2A.png (23KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
4dPYv2A.png
23KB, 200x200px
>>83170608
>there's no black people in the grid because black people don't know how to use computers
>>
Post yfw this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn4SUk6p1fg
>>
>>83170634
>winrar appears in the grid
>mexican that you force to work that you ignore when he asks to be paid
>>
>>83169847

If The Force Awakens starred only pigs it would be called The Source of Bacons.
>>
Tron: Legacy is shit and the only good things about it are Daft Punk and Jeff Bridges.
>The other is one of the greatest cinematic achievements since the turn of the century
Embarrassing.
>>
>>83170643
car chase scenes on a flat surface are always boring. A bike can only go so fast
>>
>>83170732
Visuals were great as well.

Unlike most shit that comes out these days, it uses CGI to stylize everything.
>>
File: Gem.jpg (114KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Gem.jpg
114KB, 1024x768px
>tfw no gridfu
>>
>>83170495
>>83170643
Daft Punk knocked it out of the park for this film. Live action version of Interstellar 555 when?
>>
>>83169847
Get real
>>
Tron was great because it was basically a 90 minute music video for Daft Punk
>>
>Tron (2010)

Came out to early, "nerd culture" hadn't fully matured yet.

If they had waited 3-4 more years they would have made bank.
>>
>>83170799
shut the fuck up nigger, they would ruin everything it would be on the same level as Ghost in the Shell
>>
Tron is great because its so simple.

Its just a nigger in a digital neon world fight fuckers while Daft Punk plays music behind them.

fuck there isnt even a bad guy in it either, its literally a movie about there is no evil only perspective

Thats all it is, but its fantastic
>>
>>83169847
>Mark Hamill is a major role
>5 seconds on screen at the very end
Yeah, no, you're just wrong.
>>
>>83171000
>there isnt even a bad guy in it either, its literally a movie about there is no evil only perspective
That's always the best kind of "villain". Clu was just doing what he was programmed to do.
>>
Tron 2 was miles better than force awakens. It remains the most expensive movie ticket I ever bought because it was in 3D and IMAX
>>
File: QuorraUprising.jpg (20KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
QuorraUprising.jpg
20KB, 640x360px
>>83171030
>biggest star of the original cast
>Mark Hamill
>>
>>83171000
Glad you enjoyed it ! :D You convinced me that we should make a Tron Cinematic Universe and pump out 2 (two) Tron flicks a year

t. Disney
>>
>>83171196
Disney wants Tron dead and buried, what are you talking about?
>>
File: Smuggler.webm (204KB, 960x400px) Image search: [Google]
Smuggler.webm
204KB, 960x400px
>>83169847
>One kills the original film's protagonist before the climax in a death that accomplishes nothing
>The other has the original film's protagonist sacrifice himself at the climax to save his son/the world
It's pretty nuts how badly Disney botched Han's death. For such a beloved character of 3 massive films and tons of other fiction over the years it was so fucking anticlimactic and empty. It was just like "Oh... that just happened." On the other-hand Flynn's death was perfect. It was big and meaningful. I had only even seen the original Tron once at that point in time, yet I really felt the weight of that scene.
>>
>>83170787

serinda swan btw, she was on a show called breakout kings
>>
>>83172096
with my man Jimmi Simpson
>>
>>83169847
Critics are extremely bias. And when it comes to Star Wars, we all know most people aren't objective about it because of the nostalgia factor and fanboyism
>>
>>83172096
>serinda swan
That's a different one. Pic related was Beau Garrett.
>>
File: TronCity.jpg (336KB, 601x367px) Image search: [Google]
TronCity.jpg
336KB, 601x367px
>Tron 3 never ever
>Uprising season 2 never ever
>>
>>83172754
This is the most infuriating part.
I mean it's been five years and my childhood is already over, but Disney finally had something that let me geek out like the princess brand does for women and they fucking killed it.
>>
>>83173022
based on the way you said that, you need to grow the fuck up
>>
>>83169987
Thanks fucking George Clooney.
>sequel with based Cillian Murphy as the villain never
It hurts
>>
>>83170608
WE WUZ DEM PROGRAMZ AND SHEEEEIT
>>
>>83170787
Muhhhh DIIIIIIIICK. I always thought she was hotter than Wilde in this movie
>>
>>83170608
>>
>>83170799
>>83170953

For starters, wanting an actual movie with dialogue and casting for 4 5 is missing the entire point of the production.
>>
>>83169847
I saw Tron Legacy unintentionally in a train I was riding through Spain. Pretty good, as I remember. Also, if anyone wants to visit Spain, don't, it shit. Go to Majorca instead.
>>
>>83170891
It was too early to take care of the mainstreaming of nerd culture, but too late to not be infested with macfag hipster garbage. Still decent over all, could have been better with better editing. The thing is too long.
>>
Tron Legacy blew me away. The visuals, the music, the plot. Was a solid 10/10 for me. I enjoyed star wars, but Tron is something I don't mind rewatching, whereas star wars is more like a chore to rewatch
>>
So, does the majority hate TRON: Legacy? Seen a lot of negative comments here and there, even Futurama or Simpsons mentioned it, something about destroying every copy of it.
I enjoyed it a lot. Even bought a blu-ray.
>>
>>83177349
I don't know if anybody hates it, I think it just kind of is. And lmao at nu futurama thinking they have the right to call anything shitty. That being said I fucking love Tron legacy
>>
>>83169987
I fucking love Tron, i know it's dumb but it makes me feel like i'm a kid enjoying flashing lights. Would probably rather watch a mediocre Tron 3 than another star wars film
>>
>>83170643
got fucking hyped
>>
>>83179229
You can blame both marvel and Star Wars for Disney cancelling Tron 3. They desperately needed a "boys" franchise and attempted that with Tron. Soon after came marvel and then Star Wars so they no longer needed Tron for this demographic. That and tomorrowland bombing made them believe people weren't interested in sci-fi
>>
>>83171526
>DUDE WHY DIDN'T HAN GO OUT LIKE LE EBIN BADASS WHILE KILLING 10 MILLION STORMTROOPERS AND SHOUTING NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS BEFORE BLOWING UP STARKILLER BASE

this isn't real criticism, you fucking child. The cognitive dissonance among people who hate TFA is amazing, they bitch it relies too much on fanservice (which isn't inaccurate) then simulataneously bitch it's not pandering enough.
>>
>>83177349
The plot was painfully inoffensive to have such great music and visuals. The writing wasn't bad, but it's by far the weakest aspect of the film because the music and visuals were just so damn fantastic.
>>
>>83169847
Bros, how do we force Disney to make Tron 3? Or at least season 2 of uprising.
>>
>>83179313
>buy star wars because they need a "boys" franchise
>immediately attempt to convert it to a grrl power franchise
>>
FLYNN LIVES
>>
>>83180019
Are you sure you want modern Disney's agenda pushing to corrupt Tron?
>>
Tron Legacy is one of the few movies I watched in 3Dmeme, and I do not regret it.
>>
>>83180199
exactly. that doesnt make sense, they made 2 sw movies and both featured women mc, the sad part for me is women mc is always so forced, like all the focus is on her and she must do everything herself with no help, she beats bad guys herself, save the universe herself etc, every other character is basically 2nd tier in these movies.
Starwars was movie about stories of more then one character, but when MC is female sudently every other character is shafted and ignored or appears on screen for max few 2 minutes.
>>
>>83170357
>MUH DICK
>>
File: 1439503046953.png (125KB, 297x324px) Image search: [Google]
1439503046953.png
125KB, 297x324px
>>83169847
>Both kill said cast member's character at/near the end
Flynn lives.
>>
>>83169847
FLYNN LIVES
>>
>Disney has to shit out MCU and SW turds so there will never be Tron3.
>>
>>83180918
Well they manage to squeeze in a few politically correct remakes here and there in their release schedule.

Another Tron probably would have done better than Pete's Dragon.
>>
>>83170585
>What the fuck happened between 2010 and 2015?
Smartphones became cheap.
Niggers got onto social media and ruined it, just like every other neighborhood they move in to.

Fuck. The internet was great before they infested it.
>>
>>83181841
>Niggers got onto social media and ruined it, just like every other neighborhood they move in to.
I have never thought about it this way but it makes a scary amount of sense
>that shit is so litty *100 emoji*
>>
>>83170246
Kek
>>
>>83182078
There is no subtlety about them. Vomiting a constant stream of reaction gifs and emojis is no different than blaring their shitty music.

They make everything worse.
>>
File: dan soder russians are scary.jpg (898KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dan soder russians are scary.jpg
898KB, 1920x1080px
>>83170701
WinRAR is actually Russian. Along with FineReader, Acronis and Kaspersky.

>YOU THINK THIS BAD NEIGHBORHOD, HEH?
>>
File: 5217876985_b68bacee97_o.jpg (3MB, 2013x2900px) Image search: [Google]
5217876985_b68bacee97_o.jpg
3MB, 2013x2900px
>>83169847
The dialogue in Tron Legacy was atrocious.

Absolute dogshit. I'm not defending TFA, its a hot mess.

I like Tron because of the original, and the Uprising animated series (FUCK YOU DISNEY, axing it when you got Star Wars), and its pure kino aesthetics.

But fuck me the dialogue is shit. It was funny, I even watched this last night before you made this thread. All of Bridges lines and all the programs were horrible, absolutely horrible.

At least Bridges could channel CLU, which was at least tolerable for his lines as a villain.
>>
>>83171196
Disney hates Tron. It's male orientated. They're out to promote feminist agenda shit.
Pay attention. They're about to fuck up star wars forever. All this Star Wars is female and the force is female shit will bite them all in the ass.
>>
>>83169847

Tron > SW: FA

> Tron art style, while different from the original is beautiful
> Tron has Olivia Wilde
> Tron actually addresses an interesting topic like simulated images (albeit in a silly way)
> Tron has Olivia Wilde
> Tron OST is awesome
>>
>>83185313
You forgot
>Tron has Olivia Wilde
>>
File: tron.jpg (183KB, 850x638px) Image search: [Google]
tron.jpg
183KB, 850x638px
>>83169847
Tron:Legacy was a pretty off the wall experience, I enjoyed it and I was but a little drunk, I wish I was stoned.

I liked Rogue One better than the Force Awakens.
>>
>>83171526
I liked Han's death, because it recalled his original character arc of growing into a more loving, open-hearted guy. He dies in a final act of opening up, and even after he gets stabbed seemingly has faith in his son in his final moments.

TFA in general doesn't do Star Wars or Han justice, but that scene did.
>>
>>83170070
that too

>>83170199
>here we go again

can you shut up??? do you even know what feminism is?

Seriously, if we take the broader definition of a reboot, Fury Road and Tron:Legacy were the best so far, by far. Maybe the others had a lot of expectations riding on them.
>>
>>83186059
or Chewy justice
"btw you life long best friend died lol no hug from Leia shes gonna hug this mary sue she only knew for a few hours"
>>
File: 1495574355463.jpg (670KB, 906x1240px) Image search: [Google]
1495574355463.jpg
670KB, 906x1240px
>>83186070
>>can you shut up??? do you even know what feminism is?
tumblr spotted, and I am not that poster you replied to

btw explain this image mkay
>>
>>83171120
>there will never be another season of Tron Uprising
I liked it better than both movies, desu
I mean, we know how shit will end because it's a prequel to Legacy but still dat cliffhanger ending
>>
>>83180499
>>83180900
wait, I don't remember that. Does he send a message from the grid? or dow e see him living as a programme in digital paradise? All I remember is Olivia pinnochioing to ride at the back of the motorcycle as the sun comes up.

also,

>not using ELECTRIC AVENUE by Eddie Grant

unforgivable
>>
>>83186138
why do I? and why did you save it? Does it trigger you?
>>
>>83186138
what does that even mean?
>>
File: IMG_7287-1333x1000[1].jpg (145KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7287-1333x1000[1].jpg
145KB, 1333x1000px
>>83186351
Didn't answer the question.
Does my question trigger /you/?
I have a folder where I save bullshit so I don't have to keep it in the back of my mind so I can disprove retarded revisionists like yourself.

>>83186400
Extrapolate as you will? Maybe you should look up who those people are in relation to the production of Star Wars properties at Disney.
>>
>>83186474
why should I answer your question? What do you want me to interpret? I 'm asking you a question in return. Does that image bother you in any way?

Nobody's trying to shove propaganda down your throat when they present a female or a black person as the hero in a movie for a change.
>>
>>83186676
>why should I answer your question? What do you want me to interpret?
by doing the actual research you dumb retard.

here's your (you), come back when you do your school paper, kiddo.

can't spoonfeed you retards who defend this drivel when you don't even know the basic facts.

also stopped reading after what i quoted of your post.
>>
>>83186788
you are very upset, but I can't understand why.
>>
>>83186016
I watched Tron Legacy while high and it was an amazing experience. I don't know if I'd enjoy the movie as much while sober but it was pretty great.
>>
>>83187037
I enjoyed it sober but very much wish I could watch it high but I don't know where to get weed so
>>
>>83187037
I 'm afraid I surpassed the point where can I get high without danger to my sanity. It was one of the moments where I wish I had some weed. Do you thik I can consume again at some point in my life? Haven't touchd it for 6 years.
>>
And Tron is better
Even though it's a meh movie on it's own
>>
>Both are shit
>>
>>83179323
Reading comprehension? Hans death felt hollow. That doesn't mean "it needs to be a big epic battle" it changed fuckin nothing because he could have been dead already, or died then, or lived and nothing fuckin changed for the story you nigger
>>
>>83188696
>and nothing fuckin changed for the story you nigger

Except for Kylo Ren losing his fucking shit because he realized killing his dad didn't make him the big powerful badass he thought it would, which leads to his instability that causes him to lose to Rey

the entire movie led up to that moment, almost every scene with Kylo relates to him building up to the realization he'll have to kill his dad
>>
>>83188696
See >>83186059

It was a pretty important capstone on Han's character arc and Kylo's insecurities. We won't know the full effect it has on Kylo until VIII (or maybe not even until IX), but it's hardly hollow.
>>
>>83186836
Still didn't answer my question.

Glad you can't dispute it.
>>
HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG
>>
>>83189019
I already have

I already have
>>
Torn Legacy is Kino

TFA is Marxist bait made by a kike
>>
>>83188771
That's not why he lost to Rey Though. He lost to Rey because Jar Jar Jew thought it would have been cool. You know Jar Jar Jew? he's the asshole who thought it would have been cool to have a ten times larger death star that sucks in energy from a sun that's like, right there. And this asshole thought it would have been cool for Anakin's saber to have survived falling into a gas giant and some how magically find its way into some fucking orange toad stool's hands. And this asshole thought it would have been cool for Finn to look up and see the death star destroy an entire solar system from light years away and not surprisingly, the very same shot of Finn seeing the solar system's destruction from light years away is shot for shot the very same scene of Spock from the abominable star trek 2009, looking up and seeing Vulcan destroyed. So Ren was defeated because Jar Jar Jew's a hack and not because of Kylo's ineptitude. If he was so put off after killing dear old dad he would have fallen much much earlier because if you'd remember he was playing with Finn, you know the guy who was trained to combat Jedi. Yeah that guy, he was playing with him and Finn pissed him off and he ended that fight. He easily trumped Rey for the better part of the fight until Rey after hearing Kylo say, I can teach you more about the force, And then time Pauses, and there's a record scratch and then she unbelievably opens her fucking eyes wider along with her fucking mouth, and then an existential mike switches on and she breaks the fourth wall addressing us with, "Oh yeah, The Swartz!" And then impossibly she easily defeats Ren. Your excuse as to how he was less because he killed his dad makes no sense. Were that true, he would have fallen to the superior warrior Finn. And not some no body sand nigger. But then Rey's a mary sue who pulled the saber from a defeated Finn out force pulling Ren which was utter and complete dog shit.
>>
>>83169847
Never even seen the original Tron or the new Tron. Really don't give a shit. It will never be on the same level as star wars.

TFA was a good film. Best film of 2015. Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1481348021090.jpg (139KB, 833x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1481348021090.jpg
139KB, 833x1000px
>>83189158
>Torn
Typical kinotard idiot.
>>
>>83189340
TFA was dog shit.
An Atrocious film if ever there was one. You should slap yourself silly for pretending otherwise. You must be a faggot. No sorry about that. Calling you a fag insults Pos chasing degenerates.
>>
File: 1367381229021.jpg (16KB, 235x126px) Image search: [Google]
1367381229021.jpg
16KB, 235x126px
>>83189124
You did not. Also I'm talking about the female comments from the Disney producers and those t-shirts and other social media comments.. I did not give a shit about Boyega starring in it, he did well enough.

Still didn't answer. Last (You), stay deflective.
>>
>>83179323
haha you use big words and still look dumb
>>
>>83189502
Top grossing movie of all time. I enjoy it.Better than any of the prequels. You're the snob who can't enjoy everything because you take cock in your ass due to your hate for yourself.
>>
File: 1472009141483.jpg (122KB, 500x476px) Image search: [Google]
1472009141483.jpg
122KB, 500x476px
>>83189551
>cognitive dissonance are big words nowadays
Not even him but is this post ironic?
>>
>>83189582
Movie was formulaic and safe. Not great. Whether or not it grossed anything is irrelevant. Shit taste, pleb.
>>
>>83189582
Were it about Fucking Ewoks fucking wookies while fisting droids, it would have made bank. It was only the most anticipated film of all time. No movie in the history of film was as anticipated as Episode 7 was. And that's why it's even more of a let down. I was disappointed, to say the least.
>>
>>83189295
this
>>
>>83189597
>2017
>attaching pics to your post for attention
>>
>>83189340
>TFA was a good film.
It was alright, yeah, I had a good ti--
>Best film of 2015
>Fury Road
>Sicario
>Hateful Eight
>Ex Machina
>Crimson Peak

Shut the actual fuck up.
>>
>>83189856
>ever
>complaining about the use of images on an imageboard
>>
>>83189922
You win anon, so cool guy. Let me suck your dick as reward
>>
>mfw this Tron thread has been up all day
>this has been the highlight of my day
Where did it all go wrong? I've watched the movie twice since noon
>>
>>83189856
why don't you return to reddit?
>>
>>83189864
There's a protagonist done right, Kate. She's an FBI agent that was trained to handle impossible shit like what we saw but as a guy who has seen some pretty off the wall shit, If I were there I would have been in a corner crying like a little bitch. So Kate goes home and washes the blood from her hair. Were it me I would have been applying for a filing room somewhere safe where there's lots of donuts and coffee. But then Our girl stays with it because she's reluctant but then some one has to do it and because of this self sacrificing spirit she goes and then gets suckered into impossible shit that's easily above her, she's literally out of her league but she's suckered into it because they tell her that the big guns are always right there.. I was literally afraid for her every step of the way. High way scene was tense as fuck! When you as an observer can self insert into a protagonist, that's when you know it's a well put together film. Compare Kate to maRey Sueeeeeeeee!
>>
>>83184839
>The dialogue in Tron Legacy was atrocious.
>TFA has gems like "Got a boyfriend? Cute boyfriend?" and "Droid please!"
It's really not even close. Nothing in Legacy is nearly as bad as half the garbage dialogue in TFA. The TFA dialogue sounds nothing like a Star Wars movie.
>>
File: 1491546190267.png (20KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1491546190267.png
20KB, 370x370px
>>83190055
>triggered by weakest of shitposts
>y-you reddit
>>
>>83190210
>I was pretending to be a retard
>>
>>83190133
>When you as an observer can self insert into a protagonist, that's when you know it's a well put together film
I don't think you understand what the idea of a Mary Sue is.

I really did love how Kate acted as the audience's guide throughout (effectively acting as an insert), but the whole point of a Mary Sue is literally so either the author or the audience can think "Damn, I can totally see myself as that character" despite them being perfect in every meaningful way.
>>
File: WeekendWarrior.jpg (60KB, 1019x577px) Image search: [Google]
WeekendWarrior.jpg
60KB, 1019x577px
>>83189582
Star Wars: The Force Awakens made a shit ton of money, it must be good riiiiight?
>>
>>83190460
I know what a mary sue is, anon. Kate is not a mary sue. A mary sue is a plot hole, everyone and thing falls into it. Rey has everything given to her, everyone loves her, trust her and wants to be her friend or must have her for whatever reason. She can do no wrong and any time she fails she sets up an even bigger ass pull.

Kate's none of the above.
>>
>>83190382
I can always spot a newfag by his memes
>>
>>83191477
No, you hush, anon is right and you don't know.
Also "self insert" does not mean "empathize with"
Also stop quoting youtubers.
>>
File: moms.jpg (53KB, 848x401px) Image search: [Google]
moms.jpg
53KB, 848x401px
>>83191033
McDonald's is the best restaurant in the world. The logic checks out.
>>
>>83192016
We're not talking about the author, we're addressing the character's ability to carry the plot or literally drags all plot points and characters into their gravity well. Kate carries the plot beautifully and perfectly and to the degree that she's leagues better than most protagonist I've ever seen. In fact it's doubtful that there are that many who can do a better job than Kate did. , Rey's a big huge hole that everything tumbles into because it was written by a ten year old boy who wanted to insert himself into the lead.
>>
File: yum.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
yum.gif
2MB, 333x194px
>>83169847
>Tron: Legacy
Was on FX this morning. Enjoyed every single bit of it except for the club scene. Best film of 2010
>>
>>83192263
>Kate carries the plot beautifully and perfectly and to the degree that she's leagues better than most protagonist I've ever seen.

prove it
with as few adverbs as possible
>>
File: 1495531058198.jpg (138KB, 568x566px) Image search: [Google]
1495531058198.jpg
138KB, 568x566px
>>83186279
>doesn't remember the absolute kino of Tron's world building in real life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBZIDt8iPkQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ7cOrR9u6c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrhO7pLiCfo
>>
File: tumblr_lenv4bC1Ks1qdrowlo1_500.gif (510KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lenv4bC1Ks1qdrowlo1_500.gif
510KB, 500x312px
>>83192370
>except for the club scene.
How?
>>
>>83192631
Man disney did a lot of cool shit with this movie. I remember graduating in 2011 and at the end of the year going to disney and going to the fucking flynn's arcade they had set up at the park and getting special commemorative flynn's arcade coins. They're was also a bangin' party going on outside the arcade. Shit was rad.
>>
>>83192741
The club scene was fine, but the actual fight was retarded
>>
>>83192631
>more care put into these supplimental promotional videos than either disney star wars movie
Wew...
>>
File: BG01.png (606KB, 1344x815px) Image search: [Google]
BG01.png
606KB, 1344x815px
>chillin at the club when these niggas show up
>>
File: Tron_Yori.jpg (70KB, 720x707px) Image search: [Google]
Tron_Yori.jpg
70KB, 720x707px
I really enjoyed Tron: Legacy but if I had to criticize it it would be that they didn't bring back Lora/Yori (Cindy Morgan), she was a major babe.
>>
File: 1390300560262.jpg (76KB, 470x531px) Image search: [Google]
1390300560262.jpg
76KB, 470x531px
>>83192631
I'm still butthurt that they canceled the sequel and the Legacy show.
>>
>>83192370
>except the club scene
What the actual fuck is wrong with you? That's the best scene in the movie
>>
File: vietnaminhiseyes.png (597KB, 479x677px) Image search: [Google]
vietnaminhiseyes.png
597KB, 479x677px
>>83192631
>ywn go to an Encom press conference
>Bruce Boxleitner says he's done with the franchise
Why even live?
>>
File: 1439781928360.png (98KB, 828x828px) Image search: [Google]
1439781928360.png
98KB, 828x828px
>>83189004
I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WATCH A GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING CINEMATIC UNIVERSE JUST TO GET A GOOD GODDAMN STORY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>83192999
Lora was in the first video >>83192631. I can understand why Yori wasn't in the film but it bugged me that she wasn't in uprising at all.
>>
>>83193110
See
>>83192858
I personally thought the games and ending confrontation were the best scenes in the movie
>>
File: tron_boxleitner.jpg (210KB, 936x746px) Image search: [Google]
tron_boxleitner.jpg
210KB, 936x746px
>>83193145
>Bruce Boxleitner says he's done with the franchise
If Disney ever actually decided to make a sequel and threw some money at him he'd do it. He's just fed up after years of Disney jerking him around.
>>
>>83193273
Even moreso
>Helps voice entire season of Tron Uprising
>canceled
I was the one posting about it earlier. Goddamn Disney jews axing everything after they got Star Wars, knowing their plate would be full of capeshit and SW (marvel-like+cartoons) shit.
>>
>>83169847
Let me just say that seeing Tron legacy in Imax was amazing too bad it came out after avatar because this movie is visually stunning, also the story was good especially if you watched the original
>>
>>83170891
It made a good amount, Disney was expecting 1 billion dollars not 600 million
>>
>>83186676
Get out feminist. You're not wanted here.
>>
File: 1385774604021.png (464KB, 1100x1327px) Image search: [Google]
1385774604021.png
464KB, 1100x1327px
>>83195049
>Disney was expecting 1 billion
Classic Disney
>>
>>83195049
I think it did well considering most people knew nothing about the franchise, and Disney made it impossible for newcomers to see the original film before Legacy because they were worried it would turn people off. I think a sequel to Legacy would've done much better.
>>
>>83186101
But it did do Chewie justice though. He didn't get the hug from Leia sure but he also singlehandedly turns the tide to destroy starkiller base. After Han gets killed you realize that Chewie is the best dog friend of all time without ever getting any recognition.
>>
File: 1488262759435.jpg (15KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488262759435.jpg
15KB, 480x480px
>>83195495
>After Han gets killed you realize that Chewie is the best dog friend of all time without ever getting any recognition
You realize this in the first three Star Wars films.
>>
>>83189295
>this triggered by rey

How many females have rejected your advances anon?
>>
>>83195566
Han didn't die in the first 3 star wars films though
>>
File: sb.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
sb.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>83195641
>>83195495
>you realize that Chewie is the best dog friend of all time without ever getting any recognition
>>
>>83192631
>reboot probably won't get the same treatment
What a fucking shame. They put so much effort into marketing that movie, only for the sequel to be axed
>>
>>83170701
what would open source software be
>>
File: Enchanted.jpg (64KB, 497x500px) Image search: [Google]
Enchanted.jpg
64KB, 497x500px
>>83169847
And speaking of live-action Disney films, when will pic related get a sequel?

I know there was one that was planned but we never heard anything about it in the years since.
But still, I would prefer TR3N over Enchanted 2.

Also, Disney (under Touchstone) made the H2G2 movie adaptation and I think a sequel sounds good in paper but maybe the sequel won't live up to the first movie because Douglas Adams is now gone and he wrote most of the first movie's script.
It ended on a too-open cliffhanger and we all know the the H2G2 movie is different from the radio play, the books and the TV series.
>>
>>83197474
>But still, I would prefer TR3N over Enchanted 2
I think everyone would, anon
>>
>>83192751
Same man. Was great playing classic arcade games with my dad. I still have one of the coins
>>
>>83197474
DISenchanted has already been penned for release in a few years anon
>>
>>83199949
Nice. Just looked it up.
I also heard there will be a third National Treasure movie.

Also, Disney was going to do a live-action adaptation of Kiki's Delivery Service but we never heard of any news since then.
And this adaptation is completely different from Takashi Shimizu's live-action adaptation from 2014.
>>
look how fucking good this show looked
>>
>>
File: 1288810056251.jpg (110KB, 762x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1288810056251.jpg
110KB, 762x1042px
>>83190210
>>83190037
>thinking either of those posts were me, the original reply
try again some other time, memes were mostly referred to in the past with the name 'reaction image' or 'macro images', pretty much prime 05-07 4chan
>>
File: (you).png (50KB, 509x744px) Image search: [Google]
(you).png
50KB, 509x744px
>>83202608
oops, forgot my real image attachment before presumptions
>>
File: 1495779165993.png (253KB, 449x496px) Image search: [Google]
1495779165993.png
253KB, 449x496px
Did Tomorrowland really kill off Tron or put it on hold temporarily?
>>
>>83169847
>Kylo Ren's motivation is unclear
>Han Solo's death accomplished nothing

Both wrong
>>
>>83204899
Enlighten me
>>
>>83204370
Acquiring Marvel and Lucasfilm killed Tron.
Thread posts: 173
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.