[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please explain why the black goo was so important,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

Can someone please explain why the black goo was so important, and if they are engineers that created us, why did they want to come to earth to destroy it? Also what exactly did david say to the last engineer? Did he warn him that the crew was dangerous and earth was a problem some how?
>>
Nobody knows most of those things because Ridley Scott wants to make 5 more movies about it
>>
>>83166119
1.Black goo was a deadly virus created by the engineers.
2.They haven't really said why in the movies yet. I've seen one theory that Jesus was an engineer but when we killed him they got mad and wanted to kill us
3. I think he told the engineer that his father (Weyland) was trying to extend his life and he needed the help of the engineers.
>>
>>83166119
We can't because Prometheus 2 got canceled and Covenant killed off Shaw and the Engineers to make sure there will never be a sequel.
>>
Easy explanation for you
https://youtu.be/PsdyahvKN3g
>>
maybe because the one engineer who drank the goo and disintegrated to make humans was like a lone radical, and the rest of the engineers view what he did as a mistake
>>
>>83166119
That isn't an Engineer, that's an Arts & Social Science Student
>>
>>83169033
I lol'd
>>
>>83166195
It's not created by the Engineers, the goo was just a liquid form of the spores on their planet.
>>
>Engineer's terraform planets by drinking black goo and sacrificing their bodies to create a bio sphere.
>On the way home to tell the other Engineers that they terraformed earth they crash land
>Human life reaches sentience without the Engineers coming back to live on world
>Millions of years later the events of Prometheus happens.
>The Engineer is mad because humans are clearly Engineer mutants that need to be gassed
>All the Engineers in covenant gathered around and looked awe struck when the ship came back because it was an ancient lost terraforming ship
>>
>>83168737
No he drank it when David found them and gave it to him
>>
Maybe the engineers can't breed and they need to replicate through a painstaking evolution based process. When man kind showed up they realized something went wrong in their overly ellaborate process on earth so they were going to go back and try again.
>>
>>83169255
That's not how it went.

The archeological records in the first movie indicate the Engineers were initially friendly with humanity, and their Roman looking society in Covenant is likely another hint that they were coaching us along up to the point of Jesus's death whereabouts the relationship deteriorated.
>>
>>83169359
No when they had David he found them and he gave him to them when he drank it
>>
>>83169408
When David found them he released them out to them and they gave them the black goo when David found them
>>
>>83169418
Sounds spiritual as fuck. Is that a biblical quote?
>>
>>83169408
But then Christianity became one of the biggest religions on earth , I'd why it would deteriorate. I think I know why , Engineers want to kill the jews because jews killed Jesus. So when Hitler tried killing jews and we beat him and started being ruled by the ((())) , engineers decided that we were a plague.
>>
>>83169475
Yes , this totally makes sense.
>>
>>83166119
to answer your question see>>83166183
>>83166204
>>83169033
>>
>>83166119
because that hack lindelof wrote the script
>>
>>83169475
Someone FUND THIS TRUE STORY MOVIE NOW!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.