[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else besides myself who liked Alien Covenant? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: orig_creatures302.jpg (73KB, 1458x971px) Image search: [Google]
orig_creatures302.jpg
73KB, 1458x971px
Anyone else besides myself who liked Alien Covenant? I'm digging it so far, I'd like to know what David's endgame is. Now that all the Aliens films except Prometheus, Covenant and Alien are the only canon Alien films - new story

>What if
>Xenomorphs evolve over thousands of years due to David's presence
>David finds a way to alter his creation with dastardly evil experimentations and becomes the God of the Xenomorphs, helping them to evolve quickly
>Current Xenomorphs are looked as apes by the evolved Xenomorphs
>Evolved Xenomorphs are light years more intelligent than David and become the enemy of the Engineer's creator
>Evolved Xenomorph can manifest beyond the physical and outside of time and are telekinetic
>Come to Earth where they now take over planets to perfect their species
>David takes on the Engineer's creator - a humanoid who is made of light and love and is omnipotent
>David and his abominations are made to suffer eternally by the Creator of All for his Universal crimes
>>
>>83152273
go have a wank, and go to bed.
>>
I literally just finished watching this. Literally.
Was David at the end really david? Or was it Walter, who accepted Davids ideology, and pretty much assumed his identity.
>>
I really loved it even though it had uneven spots.

Scott has balls of steel making an ending as grim as that.
>>
>>83153091
You can tell it was David by how he started talking once she realized it was him. The Walter accent was dropped completely.
>>
I liked it a lot. It was a very beautiful movie.
>>
File: ajec-square-1536.jpg (212KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
ajec-square-1536.jpg
212KB, 1536x1536px
AC novelisation

>We also find out why they run around the planet without helmets; Walter leaves the ship first to test the air and water, revealing that it's free from pathogens and pollutants "right down past the molecular level." Ledward actually remembers this when he sees the spores for the first time, reasoning that they cannot be dangerous because Walt gave them the all clear. Oh, and the spores shoot the eggs into his ear through some kind of proboscis, they do not just zip into his ear as in the film.

>After the attack, when they follow David back to the city, the neomorphs actually trail the survivors along the way, seemingly to test their reactions and observe how they move. Once again, concerns over the infectious nature of pathogen arise, the crew wondering whyntheir scans missed it, and David tells the crew that because the virus is inert until it senses life, it is impossible to detect even with the most advanced scanning equipment. He also mentions that there are other Engineer ships on the planet, but they were all grounded to prevent the infection escaping.
>>
>>83154097
>>83154097
>The biggest change is the scene with David and Oram in his little shop of horrors. It is filled with all manner of fascinating and gruesome sights, including a dissected Engineer's corpse, tiny preserved neomorph specimens that hatched out of insects, and, most notably, corpses (or at least models) of something that sounds suspiciously like the classic Giger alien. David even shows Oram a petrified facehugger's egg, which he reveals he euthanised because it was too aggressive. Oram looks inside this egg, at David's urging, and is comforted to find that the hugger inside is, as promised, quite dead. Tantalisingly, he mentions that this was left behind by the Engineers, saying it is a "supreme example of their skill." His attempts to create the alien, seemingly, are trying to emulate this one left by the Engineers. He also confirms that the aliens take on characteristics of their host species, a la the Dog Alien from Alien 3, which is a nice little detail.

>Finally, David shows Oram his own attempts at creating the eggs. Before descending into the egg chamber, he gives Oram some kind of smelly unguent to smear underneath his nose which he says will keep him safe from the hugger's attentions, and even leans over one of the open ovoids to prove that doing so is safe.
>>
>>83154144
>Birthing scene with the groot-esque alien goes on much longer. It mimics Dave's movements and he tries to communicate with it, eliciting a rudimentary response. Apparently, the reason the alien grows so quickly is because it is an advanced model.

>There are many more mentions of fingering, for those of you that like that kind of thing, and the initial tete-a-tete between David and Walter ends with the latter receiving a flute as a gift rather than the fight seen in the movie - presumably this still happens, just later on. What follows is an extra scene between Daniels and Walter, which deepens their relationship and also hints at the first stirrings of emotions in Walt. He even plays a lullaby of his own creation on his new flute.
>>
>>83154097
This was pretty much obvious but kinda a logical jump in the movie, they should have added a scene about it. The entire movie suffers from bad cutting.
>>
>>83154097
>>83154144
These are pretty top notch desu.
>>
>>83152273
>Anyone else besides myself who liked Alien Covenant?
No. Most of us have at least some semblance of taste.
>>
>>83153751

Not just that, but his skin didn't auto-heal. Daniels probably didn't know Walter could do that and so didn't suspect anything was amiss.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.