[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else here think Horror is the genre with the most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Anybody else here think Horror is the genre with the most unrealized potential?
>>
>>83138155
A million shitty horror movies have proved you wrong. It's a lowest-common-denominator genre for inbred mouthbreathers and will always be thus.
>>
It's certainly the one with the biggest amount of shit.
>>
>>83138207
the reason there are so many shitty horror movies is because they are literally the cheapest to make

think about every shitty horror movie
>set in the woods
don't need to pay to shoot in the woods
>young inexperienced no name actors
pay them little
>audio and video is shit
why even try, this movie was made in 2 and a half months tops

its just the most profitable
>>
>>83138207
thats because most western (american) horror movies are just bad and clinched

its not the fault of the genre
>>
do people still genuinely get scared by horror?
>>
>>83138155
Horror is going to an Ariana Grande concert. Horror movies never could compete.
>>
>>83138155
No. Fantastique does, however.

>>83138328
Only because its fans are the least demanding.
>>
>>83138461
No. We as a society have grown past such trivial things as fear, hunger or even dreaming.

Kind of fucking retarded question is that
>>
>>83138461
I have neve been scared by a horror movie. I don't understand people who claim to have been.
>>
>>83138508
>fear, hunger or even dreaming.

Oh, here comes the "horror speaks to a deep human need" bullshit. No, it speaks to the morbidity of little boys who were not too bright at school. There's a reason it has such a crossover with metal fans.
>>
>>83138570
What the fuck are you on about, moron?
>>
>>83138155
Horror can be the most diverse as you can fit any number of sub-genres under that umbrella and still consider it a horror film. Sadly films that can achieve that potential only come out once in a blue moon nowadays. Studios rarely touch anything that strays from whatever formula that works at the moment, even for low budget projects.
>>
>>83138605
You trying to make out that getting scared by horror movies is as timeless as fear, hunger etc. is on the road to making out that horror movies are neccesary. They ain't. They probably do need to be shown to audiences of hicks for best impact, and ain't nobody that much of a hick these days.
>>
>>83138632
>Horror can be the most diverse as you can fit any number of sub-genres under that umbrella and still consider it a horror film.

Nope. This is the kind of thing metal fans say too, and it's usually an excuse for their only listening to metal.
>>
>>83138913
No, you twat. I was cynically answering to your dumbass question about whether people still get scared by horror movies or not. Of course there are people that do. You can't be that dense.
>>
Horror movies are not changing enough with the times. What keeps people up at night isn't what it used to be, and Hollywood is still pumping out things that horror fans probably grew up watching, which means they certainly aren't fucking scared of it.

So yeah it has potential but good luck unleashing it
>>
>>83138950
What's your obsession with metal fans anon?
>>
>>83138570
Metal fans on average are more educated and have better iq than pop/rap fans
>>
>>83138155
Yes. Horror is never scary because 24fps films can never be scary. You're constantly reminded that it's not real because of the poor motion quality. The whole genre needs to be remade at 120fps or more.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.