[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

now that the dust has settled...... can we all agree that this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: The Neon Demon Review.jpg (380KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The Neon Demon Review.jpg
380KB, 1920x1080px
now that the dust has settled......

can we all agree that this is a pretty disappointing follow up from only god forgives? The visuals aren't even that good. The movie ends exactly when it starts getting interesting. It should have gone full giallo.

Refn has a problem that he doesn't go full out. I feel that he has a really fucking great film in him. But he doesn't explore his ideas clearly.
>>
File: 1488958388261.jpg (53KB, 750x671px) Image search: [Google]
1488958388261.jpg
53KB, 750x671px
it was very good and not bad imo
>>
>>83135096
I didn't think it was bad. It was a solid 6.5/10. I just think refn is repeating himself and he could do much better if he truly tried.
>>
>>83135096
She's going to get that basketball all sticky.
>>
Refn is the biggest hack in the industry.
>>
It's not his fault the camera loves Jena Malone.
>>
>>83135096
Is she laying that basketball?
>>
>>83134936

Refn's problem is that he's completely lacking in judgement and discipline. He's got loads of talent and skill, but left to his own devices just indulges in the worst kinds of meandering crap. He needs a producer or studio to lock him in a box and take some of his toys away, and then he'll make some really brilliant films.
>>
File: u wot.png (2MB, 1916x800px) Image search: [Google]
u wot.png
2MB, 1916x800px
>>83134936
>>
>>83137650
you mean like when he made pusher 2 and 3?

And those are also strangely enough, his best films
>>
>>83137719

Yeah, pretty much. I'm not really trying to knock him, because I do think he's totally brilliant. It doesn't seem like he cares that much at all about structure, story, and tightness in film, and so he ends up making this wandering stuff that's so tremendous visually that it's really kind of good despite it's obvious flaws as a movie.

If somebody clamped down on him and set him off to make a Frankenstein movie or something, it'd probably be the greatest horror movie of the last 20 years.
>>
>>83137428
There are literally David Lynch threads on this board right now. Your point is refuted.
>>
>>83134936
No, it's a great film.

>>83137650
Why are you talking middlebrow bullshit like the last sixty years never happened? Auteurism happened. The "needs a producer" thing is for people pretending to be nineteen-fifties insiders. Eat some shit.

>>83138068
Nobody with any taste watches films for plot any more than they read serious novels for plot. Plot is for teevee, and those who were born to sit in front of it. Stick to your Fargo threads.
>>
>>83135096
kraaaaaaaaaaaakkkk
>>
File: 1492234961185.jpg (13KB, 254x174px) Image search: [Google]
1492234961185.jpg
13KB, 254x174px
What did he mean by this?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.