[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>America's not a country, it's a business, founded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: coogan.jpg (59KB, 494x427px) Image search: [Google]
coogan.jpg
59KB, 494x427px
>America's not a country, it's a business, founded by slavers and born in the blood of a genocide, a business built on the lie that anybody can achieve success when in reality only 1% profit off the others, a "dream" that's actually a nightmare because Americans are stupid and cannot realize its media propaganda, neoliberalism and corporatism are the cancers killing white society softly, *flips middle finger off at Obama talking on the TV* now fucking pay me, like a Jewish bank getting bailed out by the government!

What did this subtle film mean by this?
>>
>>83134385
>What did this subtle film mean by this?
That if you use the song "Heroin" over the top of a scene where two of your characters use heroin you are officially a hack.
>>
>The only measure of success and happiness in life is making a shitton of money, therefore the 1% are STEALING the American dream from everyone else!

This is what delusional lefties believe. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>83134385
That's obviously true but applies to most countries. The quote from Network is better.
>>
>>83134385

But people change in economic class all the time.
>>
>>83134385
it means america is a jungle and "community" is a farce. now pay him or he'll fucking kill you
>>
File: 1490982646568.jpg (14KB, 238x188px) Image search: [Google]
1490982646568.jpg
14KB, 238x188px
>junkie character shoots heroin drug into his veins
>the song "Heroin" about heroin use by Lou Reed's Velvet Underground & Nico starts playing
>>
>>83134536
Not since the 80s.
>>
>>83134422
>>83134579
>being able to recognise anything by poo reed
my sympathies
>>
>>83134485
This tbqf.

There is a narrative that money doesn't matter and you shouldn't be self-interested, and yet their main focus is always income; this person has too much, this person too little, and we've got the cure. Never mind that after decades of the war on poverty, poverty rates in the US have stayed pretty constant.
>>
>>83134485

If you're living in real poverty that's one thing but I get a lot of middle class people who are just plain jealous of the 1%, plenty of very well-off people claim class oppression because they feel robbed that they don't have the money to make any hope or dream they can think come true effortlessly. My old roommate was always ranting about the illuminati and the evil that they do, but when asked admitted that he wanted to be one of hem, and believed that one day he might be, and claimed that they personally saw to it that he failed law school. He had his own delusions though. Last I heard from him he had sent a written letter to his boss trying to get his help in taking down conspirators higher up in the school he works for.
>>
>>83134582

'Only back in the 80s' my ass, it happens al the time.
>>
>>83134754
What a coincidence! Wars against drugs and terror have similar results.
>>
>>83134883
http://equitablegrowth.org/working-papers/the-decline-in-lifetime-earnings-mobility-in-the-u-s-evidence-from-survey-linked-administrative-data/

Although it's pretty obvious if you have a basic understanding how economics in US of A work.
>>
>>83134754
>poverty rates in the US have stayed pretty constant.

That's because they keep changing the definition. You can have plenty of food, shelter and clothing and still be considered in poverty.

It used to be a term for people literally weren't getting enough to eat. Now the fattest people in the US are below the poverty line.
>>
>>83134955
>Although it's pretty obvious if you have a basic understanding how economics in US of A work.
It has very little to do with economics and very much to do with the unequal distribution of intelligence among any given population. In the near future, most of the working class will be made obsolete by advances in technology and autmation, leaving only high-end white collar jobs (which - at the low end - require an intelligence north of 110-115), certain blue collar jobs not easily automated (construction, plumbing, electrical work - anything involvingdifficult terrain and frequent small displays of creativity), select government jobs (bureaucracy, law enforcement, education, emergency services) and service sector work (nursing, prostitution).

This is not just the rambling of a random anon, but the immediate future (<20 years) as envisioned by top men at Oxbridge, Harvard and MIT.
>>
>>83137529
>very much to do with the unequal distribution of intelligence among any given population
Which was always the case yet social mobility started dying long before massive automation and is more extreme than in most other first world countries.

>most of the working class will be made obsolete by advances in technology and autmation
Obviously but this doesn't have to mean even more wealth inequality, unless there is a system that protects the upper classes and specially the super wealthy. There are enough countries with higher productivity and more jobless people, where the poor are better off and have a better chance to improve their situation.
>>
>>83137529
>top men at Oxbridge, Harvard and MIT

Who?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.