[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>aeons again the Engineers create ultimate lifeform, Xenomorph

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 12

File: Alien-Poster.jpg (503KB, 1381x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Alien-Poster.jpg
503KB, 1381x2048px
>aeons again the Engineers create ultimate lifeform, Xenomorph
>they treat them as a god, i.e. the murals in Prometheus
>Xenomorphs require specific DNA to come about however, that being of a human
>humans die off or they fuck up and Xenomorphs kill them all or whatever. Basically humans become a non-thing
>The Engineers panic and try to recreate human life on Earth, i.e. opening scene of Prometheus, for specific purpose of being able to create Xenomorphs again
>This explains why the engineers are so happy to see the ship come back when David brings it to their homeplanet, also explains why there's fk all of them left, they've basically become a Xenomorph worshipping cult-race that has shrunk because that's all they care about, they gave up on expanding into the galaxy and diversifying, their entire existence is just to worship Xenomorphs, i.e. the "perfect organism"
>Eggs on LV426 is just an ancient engineer ship that had one of the last batch of original Xenomorph eggs on it

Why hasn't anybody thought of this theory yet? And better yet, why wasn't any of this explained in either of the movies if true?
>>
File: 1427248236395.jpg (103KB, 500x678px) Image search: [Google]
1427248236395.jpg
103KB, 500x678px
>>83125615
I like this theory to be honest. But I doubt the writers of the next few movies will be that clever. Guess we'll just see how it goes. I believe the xenos seen in Covenant are David's unique batch.
>>
>technology millennia more advanced than ours
>can't make xenos without humans
>>
>>83125615
>ultimate lifeform
They're dumb animals that can be taken out by Thompsons and MG-42s.
>>
>>83125840
well to be fair
the Engineers are crazy as fuck
>>
Saw Covenant yesterday. The tweest was painfully obvious right from the moment Walter runs out of the structure to get on the ship. Some pretty obvious "winks" to the audience, most notably when he holds Daniels by the shoulder and for a few seconds the wind raises his hood. I thought the result of the fight between the two was bullshit, one is supposed to be newer and better
>>
File: 1492484545700.png (659KB, 781x582px) Image search: [Google]
1492484545700.png
659KB, 781x582px
>it's a there is at least 10 different stages in the life cycle of xenomorph episode

fuck you, fuck giger, fuck scott and his overrated flickography, fuck this capeshit-of-scifi """""franchise"""", fuck xeno, fuck queen, fuck le perfect organism, fuck le artist androids xd, fuck le abstract penis art, fuck weaver, fuck your mothers, fuck all of you, you're cancer - f u c k y o u, eat shit you're boring
>>
>>83126012
This. The Alien prequels are Star Wars prequel tier.
>>
>>83125953
Walter is predictable where David is capable of being creative. Not surprising he'd win in a fight.
>>
>>83125892
Xenomorphs don't even hold up as a weapon. It's very easy to avoid getting infected, they're no more intelligent than bigcats, and they're far from bulletproof. If engineers really wanted to kill humanity, why didn't they just bomb the planet?
>>
>>83126037
Worst thing is, I love Alien from '79 but the fanboys piss me off to no end. Before all this Covenant gimmick I was perfectly happy pretending nothing after 1979 was ever made but then this catalog reminds me of cancer this """""franchise""""" is.
>>
>>83125615
Because it's stupid.

It's much more likely, the Xenomorph is considered the height of their evolution, which is why it's in all the murals and paintings. Everything in the universe, like humans, are created by them seeding planets with life. Humans end up birthing Xenomorphs because they're the step after Engineers, and it's the next step up. It's why all the creatures from the Engineers, like the Deacon and such, are all soft and imperfect.

In the end, after raining black goo on all the planets with life they've populated, the xenomorph is what comes about.
>>
>>83125615
>This explains why the engineers are so happy to see the ship come back when David brings it to their homeplanet

It doesn't work because that was not the Engineer's homeplanet.

It's just another species seeded by Engineers that is welcoming home their 'gods'
>>
>>83125953
>The tweest was painfully obvious right from the moment Walter runs out of the structure to get on the ship. Some pretty obvious "winks" to the audience, most notably when he holds Daniels by the shoulder and for a few seconds the wind raises his hood. I thought the result of the fight between the two was bullshit, one is supposed to be newer and better

That wasn't a "twist", you guys know that right? It was obvious and we are supposed to be watching it from the point of view of wondering when the Covenant crew will realize it's David
>>
>>83125750
They are all men, right? Maybe they were a vagina cult trying to create a vagina. However, the black goo only created dick monsters when they impregnated their host. They created humans that had vaginas (women) and needed their DNA with the black goo to create walking vaginas, i.e. the one that came out of Shaw.
>>
File: 1412928801834.jpg (63KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
1412928801834.jpg
63KB, 600x375px
>>83126339
>xenomorphs were intended as sex toys
>>
>>83126339
And the guys on the hippie planet welcomed the spaceship, because they were like
>DUDE, the Science-Guys are finally back with their fancy vaginas, yay!
>>
>>83126463
>muhsexjunk
>>
>>83125750
Well due to the fact they didn't even have any orbital defences on their planet or any other ships, as well as how primitive their city was, it's reasonable to assume they were in some kind of technological decline.

Maybe they simply forgot how to build ships and even engineer shit at all anymore?
>>
>>83126091
I agree with the other anon. The Engineers are 10x as interesting as the cockroaches at this point. I want their backstory. Also the very last Alien movie needs to be super advanced future humans hunting down David and crushing him with bare hands
>>
>>83126717
Oops, didn't mean to quote anyone
>>
>>83126339

I swear that I saw and Engineer female in the flashback.
>>
>>83126999
How do you tell? Big tits?
>>
>>83126394
w-would...
>>
>>83125731
>I like this theory to be honest. But I doubt the writers of the next few movies will be that clever.
If you have seen Prometheus, it's literally in the movie with an Alien Statue and if you have watched the 3 hour documentary on the making of Prometheus, Ridley talks about the Engineers sending down an Alien i.e. Jesus 2,000 years ago
>>
>>83128427
Maybe Jesus wasn't an engineer but a xenopmorph.

Virgin birth = chest burster
Wine = his acidic blood
>>
I thought you guys were joking but holy shit, it's like Ridley hates the audience
>>
>>83130173
How did Romans nail a xenomorph to the cross?
>>
>>83130214
The Predators helped them ;)
>>
>>83125615
>the "perfect organism"
>a bunch of humans (xeno fodder) with guns are able to subdue them with barely any effort
>>
Why would you take as a God something you created? Not only that, but the thing you created is much less smart than you are.
>>
>>83128427
>it's literally in the movie with an Alien Statue

I also have a statue of a Xenomorph in my room, but that doesn't mean I think it is a religious deity. That wall carving could mean many things, perhaps it's just a warning, "niggers, don't mess with that fucking goo or you get this fucker, k?"
>>
File: 1468468343134.jpg (45KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
1468468343134.jpg
45KB, 768x512px
>my
>first
>alien
>movie
>saw
>today
>and
>it
>FUCKING
>SUCKED
>RETARDS
DIDNT_WEAR_FUCKIN_HELMET....

OR_USE_DRONES
>>
File: 13.jpg (8KB, 304x166px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
8KB, 304x166px
>>83125615
>some asshole on an egyptian donkey breeding forum makes a better alien story than the creator of the franchise
>>
>>83125615

the murals in Prometheus were a poor attempt to recreate Giger like art and atmosphere that was shoddily tacked on in that particular scene. It has no deep meaning or symbolism remember this is hollywood.
>>
>>83126012
Do you remember what I said? No internet for you until you've done your homework.
>>
>>83125615
>i.e. the murals in Prometheus
not xenomorphs
>>
>>83125953
>I thought the result of the fight between the two was bullshit, one is supposed to be newer and better
Walter wins the fight, because he's newer and better. But David has more imagination and the ability to manipulate. Walter hesitates to kill David because of the doubts he's planted in him, which gives David his chance to pre-empt him.
>>
>>83126275
That's interesting. I noticed how the planet's inhabitants didn't seem genetically perfect like the Engineers did. Some of them were old and bent, or generally ugly. The Engineers in Prometheus were portrayed as flawless, herculean, angelic beings.
>>
>>83125615
>Literally a story about cuckolding
>Lets stop reproducing and let the big burly bullcreature decide our fate
>OP comes up with it and likes it

No surprise here, move along now, this franchise is dead
>>
>>83130173
But wouldn't his blood kill the disciples.
>>
>>83128427
the head makes it look more like a deacon
>>
File: icy8ykiuc58vfnfreqvr.jpg (28KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
icy8ykiuc58vfnfreqvr.jpg
28KB, 620x470px
>Walter has auto-healed and is still alive and functioning on the planet
>He will find a new ship and fly it with his flute skills
>He will create a new alien species named Predator to get revenge on david
>>
>>83132821
Fund it
>>
not a bad theory
>>
>>83125615
Why would an advanced civilization start worshipping glorified space cockroaches though?
>>
>>83132821
>David and Walter are immortal gods who wage intergalactic war on each other through genetically enchancing armies
I jizzed a little
>>
>>83132943
Why would an advanced civilization worship a glorified cult leader who got nailed to a cross?
>>
>>83133060
Because of his message. Xenos dont have any message, they screech and kill shit. Its like we would have started worshipping tapeworms or crocodiles all of a sudden, its retarded
>>
File: jadensmith.jpg (99KB, 469x600px) Image search: [Google]
jadensmith.jpg
99KB, 469x600px
>perfect organism
>no eyes
>>
>>83133184
>See no evil
>>
>>83126012
>everything is shit, reee
>>
Are there really people who are surprised David won that fight? No shit, he's a manipulative, creative fuck. All Walter can do is be predictable. It's in his programming.
>>
>>83125615
>race capable of creating wonders of technology and traveling the stars worships a bunch of parasites

This is so fucking retarded it could actually be true.
>>
>>83125615

It makes 20 times more sense for Engineers we saw in those movies to be just some tiny fucked up sect while most of their race lives far away.
>>
>>83125615
>muh perfect organism

Marines from Aliens could kill a dozen of them with proper weapons. Not to mention how humans can make space ships and nuke entire planets.

Xenomorphs are nowhere near "perfect". They are just really dangerous animals.
>>
>>83133777
Maybe for the Engineers, perfection is a walking vagina that pops a dick-monster in you via oral rape.
>>
>>83130342
Not saying this is a perfect explanation, but what if the whole "biological battery" thing really is hat big a deal to them? What if the Engineers see intelligence as jot only a fluke but also a burden, a mistake?

What if xenomorphs are born in thermodynamic equilibrium and biologically immortal? That would mean they already me American n organisms exist in perfect harmony with the universe.
>>
>>83136018
>already me American n
>alone among organisms
>>
why was there a fire in that dudes cryo tube chamber thing. he got burnt lol
>>
Whats even the alien agenda? If they are biologicaly immortal why do they attack anything indiscrimently?
>>
>>83126096
In Aliens,it is explained that the rounds used ny the Spase Mureens are tough up to pierce extremely thick steel. Remember,they geared up with those toys because a "Xenomorph might be involved" in the shenanigans at the colony. The point being that they're a little sturdier than you suggest.

When Hicks unloaded that scatter gun on the aliem the rounds had no effect until he Curt Cobained the fucker in mouth.
>>
>>83130214
They were the Romans,nuff said.
>>
>>83131010
That is what I was thinking.
>>
Perhaps the Engineers worshiped Xenomorphs because they're a doomsday cult.
>>
>>83130173
Shut the fuck up, you unforgivable heathen.
>>
>>83125615
your theory is dogshit OP
here's why
the eggs are product of David bio-engineering
there are 5 years difference apart from alien 1 and Covenant
>>
>>83125615
>Why hasn't anybody thought of this theory yet?

Because your fan stories aren't going to be canon and you're delusional if you think they have any plan about where this is going when they're retconning not just all earlier Alien movies, but the previous one as well.

The point is as nihilistic as the movie. There is no point and there is no answers.

Most likely it'll end that way too and Ridley will claim that was the point the entire time, despite the point changing in interview from interview and from movie to movie constantly.
>>
>>83134167
Do queens mate? Or do they simply grow eggs in the ovopositor like som kind of cloning machine?
It's something i have never known and always forget to ask
>>
>>83125615
>"perfect organism"

I can't get over this shit. How are they "perfect"? They don't seem to have any intelligence whatsoever and need fucking humans to reproduce.
>>
>>83137160
They look real neat.
>>
>>83136936
Depends on which movies/material you consider canon. Generally from all the pre-prometheus movies/comics, it's suggested that a regular drone can eventually morph into a Queen if none is available, Alien 3 suggests that queens can lay a Queen-facehugger that supposedly produces a queen. Ridley Scott's prequels kinda fucks over all of that, suggesting that the eggs are engineered/grown.
>>
>>83136154
William De Franco was going to play a bigger part in the film. After all the complaints the studio did re shoots to take him out of the story.
>>
>>83137160
In the original it wasn't that they were the perfect organism, it was that Ash thought they were because they integrate host DNA into their own so they can adapt very quickly and well to any environment, among other things.

Thing is, that was there because the friendly robot going full creepy homo worship for the alien killing your crew adds to the horror of the move, not because they actually are the perfect organism.
>>
>>83133037
F U N D
U
N
D
>>
>>83125615
>ultimate lifeform, Xenomorph
How the fuck is a giant cockroach the "ultimate lifeform"? They get rekt every time they face humans
>>
>>83133777
Isn't that what this whole series is about? Despite our technological marvels we're still afraid of the creatures that lurk in the dark. Predator is even worse, because it shows that whatever gadgets we have, there are species that are so advanced that our weapons are almost useless
>>
>>83130214
>>83136431
Romans would unironically defeat an alien infestation.

They'd just send zerg rushes of slaves to get facehugged and kill the slaves and facehuggers before the babby aliens sprout.

Regular aliens and even queens just get centurion'd to death.
>>
>>83140129
Nazis would win with the same strategy
>>
>>83136359
>armor piercing rounds
So they know these very durable monsters would be involved but didn't bring power armor of any kind. Yeah, that's smart. Still doesn't answer how they're a better weapon than orbital kinetic bombardment.
>>
>>83133037
Boy this is retarded, but I'd love to see it.
>>
>>83142312
>>83133037

Proving once again that all roads lead to a WH40K prequel.
>>
>>83126012
Why are you shitting on Giger and Weaver? They aren't responsible for the Alien prequels. Weaver is just an actress, Giger just designed the xenomorph.
>>
>>83130703
>>my
>>first
>>alien
>>movie
Why the fuck would you start with Covenant? Everyone knows that Alien and Aliens are by far the best of the franchise. Although Alien 3 (assembly cut) is worth checking out.
>>
File: 21000.jpg (258KB, 1200x805px) Image search: [Google]
21000.jpg
258KB, 1200x805px
everyone agrees that when david mentions his dreams, his talking about seeing giger imagery right?
>>
>>83143949
I actually love that theory
>>
I don't think the engineers in Covenant are the same as those from the military base. The engineers in Covenant are more human-like, with regular eyes and pupils, rather than the deathly pale, black-eyed engineers from Prometheus.

Maybe some of the deleted scenes will shed some light on this, as Covenant completely glosses over in explaining their civilization. My guess is that what we see in Covenant is some tribe, or distant relative of the engineers who did not venture into space and eschewed technology. Or better yet, they didn't even know how their technology worked after decades in isolation, hence why so many of them gathered to greet the spaceship.
>>
So will there be a sequel? What's next for this franchise?
>>
>>83125615
>ultimate lifeform
>literally just a tiger that climbs on walls
Engineers were retards.
>>
>>83144041
2 more scripts done already. Scott said there could be more depending on success
>>
>>83144071
I think they were pets or worse, some kind of hyper-degenerate sex toy. When you're as powerful and advanced as the engineers, you're probably so far gone that you'll need some serious shit to get your rocks off.
>>
>>83141304
The short answer is that Cameron and crew didn't think of using power armor. My question is how do the marines know what a xenomorph is,but nothing about its habits?>>83142312
>>
File: mobile infantry.jpg (175KB, 619x589px) Image search: [Google]
mobile infantry.jpg
175KB, 619x589px
>>83144506
>The short answer is that Cameron and crew didn't think of using power armor.
Horseshit. He read Starship Troopers and instructed the cast to read it as well. There is no fucking way he could be unaware of the concept having done that AND included the power loader.
>>
>>83125615
This was theorized 5 years ago.
>>
>>83144071
There was a series of books released years ago that go into further detail. The chitonous hides of Xenomorph make it harder to kill off via weather,even the cold darkness of space
>>
>>83144605
The chitinous hide of a xenomorph is literal plot armor.
>>
>>83144562
Well,the marines did have armor. It just wasn't acidproof. Xenomorphs dont use weapons so it was mostly useless. Having bigger thicker power armor would limit mobility.

So,Cameron could not fart up a reason for it. It was used in comics though,even by androids.
>>
>>83144637
Huffelpuff. Its a giant bug. If you saw a spider the size of a rat terrier you'd need a 50 cal just to make a dent.
>>
File: gasaraki-screenshot02.jpg (37KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
gasaraki-screenshot02.jpg
37KB, 600x450px
>>83144688
>Having bigger thicker power armor would limit mobility.
POWER armor. Not just heavy plates of steel slapped onto someone. It has motors of all kinds that increase mobility. If you have the technology to make a power loader, you have the technology to make something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pi_qp-Wz2U

>>83144748
>If you saw a spider the size of a rat terrier you'd need a 50 cal just to make a dent
Fucking no.
>>
>>83132821
In extended universe the predators are wayyy older than humans, and have been around since the dawn of man.
>>
>>83125615
> actually trying to make sense of any of Ridley Scott's inane horseshit plot

30 years to come up with this?
he's worse than George Lucas at this point
>>
>>83144562
>>83144506
Jim Cam's first short film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KpZRJ4HE4Q
>>
>>83128427
That looks like a deacon. From the head shape to the body.
>>
>>83145388
>posting about non-canon trash
>>
>>83126107
you and me both, my guy. you might like alien: isolation if you like video games, imo it's the only thing good to ever happen to the alien "franchise"
>>
>>83130240
With a little help from the Jews
>>
>>83138495
is this really why his dumb death happened before he said anything??
>>
>>83125953
David is meant to represent elements of humanity, so his ability to overcome adversity in the form of a more up to date unit makes some sense, particularly because his opponent isn't driven by anything aside from programming.
>>
>>83125615
That's retarded
>>
>>83125615
>Ultimate lifeform
>Hunted for sport by Predators
>Studied for stock options by humans
>>
>>83128427

I listed to the Empire podcast the other day and they interviewed Scott, the crazy old bastard sounds senile as fuck
>>
>>83130839
Yea its pretty sad when you put it that way
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.