[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is every King of the Hill episode basically >Strawman comes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: 1429524641625.jpg (43KB, 497x410px) Image search: [Google]
1429524641625.jpg
43KB, 497x410px
Is every King of the Hill episode basically

>Strawman comes onto the show
>Hank is a good boy, he dindu nuffin - he just wanted to mow his lawn. He was getting his propane career back on track!
>Strawman is defeated in some way by Hank's old fashioned ways

Or am I missing something?
>>
You're missing a lot of things I tell ya' hwut
>>
>>83122455
how many times are you going to post this same tired ass thread, OP?
>>
File: King-of-the-Hill.jpg (65KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
King-of-the-Hill.jpg
65KB, 720x480px
>>83122455
Yup. Hank is never portrayed as flawless, he makes loads of obvious mistakes as a father with bobby. It's how hank deals with the rest of the world. Usually his old fashioned ways are both his problem but also everyone else's solution. Like he is very stubborn and prone to unreasonable anger. But he has redeemable traits that at the end of the show at least let him get along with his family and the boys in the alley. And that's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.
>>
>>83122455

>it's a "Bobby falls for some modern fad and Hank doesn't get it" episode
>>
>>83123323
It's a Bobby has yellow fever racemixer and Hank will have little Elliot children episode.
>>
>>83123323
>it's a "Bobby falls for a modern fad and Hank really likes it" episode
>>
>>83123323
literally happens like 3 times
>>
>>83122455
You're missing a gf.
>>
>>83123365
No it was basically every single Bobby episode.
>>
File: 1493699527751.jpg (50KB, 472x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493699527751.jpg
50KB, 472x400px
>>83123323
>>83123357
>>83123362
>It's a Lucky episode
>>
>>83122592
Where do you think you are?
>>
>it's a bobby gets new girlfriend episode
>>
>>83122455
these kinds of episodes only really got out of hand in the last 3-4 seasons
>>
>>83123393
the one where they enter shooting competitions
>>
>>83123500
it's the episode where bobby is a better texan and Hank
>>
>>83123365

3 times every episode
>>
File: Rusty1.jpg (25KB, 307x352px) Image search: [Google]
Rusty1.jpg
25KB, 307x352px
>it's a (((rusty))) episode
>>
>its a "Dale gets a radio broadcasting system form a swap meet and sets up a pirate radio station boradcasting /pol/ news and conspiracy theories 25 hours a day" episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyzCccndc2w
>>
No.

The beauty of KOTH is that is shows the benefits and drawbacks of progressive and traditional lifestyles. Hanks family values range from crazily out-dated to timeless (and everywhere in between) depending on the episode.

For example, in the episode where Peggy becomes a modern artist Hank sees through the pretentious art scene immediately. Then there's the episode where Hank plays the progressive and fights the churches damnation (heh) of Halloween. Whereas on the other side, we have the episode where Hank accompanies Bobby to a concert and freaks out over the sexuality of their dancing, showing what a prude Hank can be.

Are you people asleep at the switch? I understood this about KOTH when I was like 13.
>>
File: planetofdrunkirishmen.jpg (39KB, 490x381px) Image search: [Google]
planetofdrunkirishmen.jpg
39KB, 490x381px
>>83122455
Sounds like Star Trek.
>>
>>83123927
This is pretty much right. Hank has a set of values and a way of doing things which may be old fashioned but worked for him, and he knows that it will work for his friends and family (though they might not like it). Hank is always the guy to fix everybody else's mistakes and he does it with discipline and ascetism which is sometimes unnecessary, but usually effective.
>>
File: clouds1.webm (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
clouds1.webm
139KB, 1280x720px
>its a clouds episode
>>
>>83123927

>they were....dancing
>so what, we danced when we were young
>but they were enjoying it, Peggy
>>
>>83123463
100% accurate post

made it pretty unwatchable
>>
>>83122455
What's wrong with that formula? I'm no redneck but it worked for the show because Mike Judge created funny, entertaining characters and knew how to build a good punchline. Not sure what you're expecting from a silly little animated sitcom.
>>
At least we can agree that Dale is /our guy/
>>
>>83125209
yes
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.