[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tv/ think about studio Ponoc's upcoming firs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: mary and the witch's flower.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mary and the witch's flower.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
What does /tv/ think about studio Ponoc's upcoming first film?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2IQqNP1ajg
/a/ doesn't care to discuss anything that isn't moe fanservice nonsense
>>
>hey Gaijin, dabble in the forbidden arts...!
>it's fun!
>>
>>83122704
It's based on the little broomstick though
>>
so far looks like a shit version of kiki meets moving castle
>>
>Grab all the good animators from Ghibli
>Make a Miyazaki ripoff
>Rake in the profits
>>
I watch anime, but only anime starring adult male characters who commit violence.
>>
>>83122432
Looks like generic weebshit to me.
>>
>>83122432
Looks like shit.
>>
Thread has the right idea. They are playing it way too safe.
>>
Should've done literally anything else-- especially something more grounded in reality. Looks like a demo reel for "DIY Ghibli" for how uninspired it looks

>strong young girl protagonist
>recycling a classic children's story and centering its plot on the mysteries of nature (and likely corruption of nature)
>overload of magical visuals, mysterious machines and vistas
>the wisdom of your elders (and likely how it was ignored)
>abominations made of black goo

The only thing left is to watch it and see if they spend the entire movie on the visuals and themes, and then spend the last five minutes trying to hastily wrap up the plot.
>>
>>83124242
because cute girls doing cute thing is way too risk
>>
>>83122432
Oh look, yet another samefacefest by the Ghibli hacks.
>>
>>83124689
What is this reply getting at? That seems like a really weird way to announce that you agree with somebody.
>>
>>83122432
so basically a shittier kiki's delivery service with some supernatural elements to pander to the spirited away plebbit faggots?
>>
The girl's cute
>>
>>83122432
Trailer doesn't help the movie look any less generic. Agree with sentiments of most anons ITT. Still want to see based on how much I loved director's other films.
>>
>>83122821
you say that as if it means anything to you or anyone else here.. I guarantee you had no idea about that random childrens book from the 70s even existing until now.
>>
>>83123035
How is that a "ripoff" at that point? They're just continuing Ghibli under a different name without Miyazaki.
>>
>>83124710
>look how edgy and different I am! I hate something everyone loves!
>>
>>83122432
looks like they just recycled a bunch of old ideas and put them in one film.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.