[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not a regular on this board so idk how it's been received

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Vol-2.jpg (382KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Vol-2.jpg
382KB, 1600x800px
Not a regular on this board so idk how it's been received on here...just got back from Tuesday cheap movie night and this was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Felt like I spent money on a movie no adult has business paying for unless they're babysitting a 10 yr old child.

How did this get such good reviews? I liked the first one and am pretty ambivalent on Marvel movies in general...but jeez it was an hour and a half of REALLY lame (even for this kind of movie) quips, so many cliches I wasn't sure if it was intentionally parodying them, and then millions of dollars jizzed out on SFX at the end (which did look good for the most part). It didn't help that I had some fat he-she with red hair in front of me laughing at every penis joke Dave Bautista said.

WTF did I just see? I just have to rant about how gypped I feel right now.
>>
I agree. it fucking sucked. marvel is hitting adam sandler levels now.
>>
>not admitting at least some of the jokes made you laugh
>not liking the father and son plot line
>not mentioning the funeral scene which was done perfectly and had people leaving on an emotional note which contributed to the positive reviews
>>
>>83119993
One scene and a few funny lines don't make up for over 2 hours of garbage.
>>
I thought it was very enjoyable
>>
Nah, it was very good. Beautiful actions and fx, great villain and heart, wonderful use of music. James Gunn is better than typical Russos Marvelshit.
>>
Good:
>soundtrack
>Yondu
Bad:
>romance(?) between Quill and Gamora
>extraordinarily predictable villain twist
>most of the jokes
>the "serious" scenes
Overall I'd give it maybe 4/10, definitely not the worst movie I've seen but pretty much strictly a downgrade from the first one.
>>
File: 1495226909673.png (1MB, 684x784px)
1495226909673.png
1MB, 684x784px
the movie had one legit bad scene/gag: when Rocket is asking for tape. the taserface joke was pretty bad too. those two things aside, everything else was decent. kino even.
>>
>>83119737
>DC fag falseflagging as a newfag
New low.
>>
It was okay, but the there were three or four gags that weren't funny and lasted like five minutes each.
>>
>>83120563
This desu

We knew about the 'dont push the button' from the trailers. the opening sequence for muh baby groot was too long. Tape scene was horrible. But everything else was pretty good.
Oh, and also
>we want the end credit scene audience
5 (FIVE). fuck that
>>
File: mg.jpg (108KB, 431x408px)
mg.jpg
108KB, 431x408px
/tv/ is the worst subreddit.
>>
>>83119737
Yes that's nice anon, now go fap to skeletons.
>>
>>83119737
The biggest problem this movie had by far is that it refused to play any emotional scene straight. Any time I was actually about to feel something someone said a shitty joke. James Gunn doesn't have the confidence to be genuine and it ruined his movie.
>>
>>83121221
This. Just let me feel you dumb fuck.
>>
File: 1484358728836.jpg (80KB, 640x640px)
1484358728836.jpg
80KB, 640x640px
>>83119737
It's Taylor made for Reddit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.