[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/tv/ says a movie is shit >watch it >it's actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0349.jpg (22KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0349.jpg
22KB, 182x268px
>/tv/ says a movie is shit
>watch it
>it's actually good

Every time. What do you guys mean by this?
>>
Un-Ironically this desu senpai.

/tv/ and r*ddit are hating on this movie so fucking hard. I honestly think it's a good movie. Maybe cus most blockbuster franchise-shit is garbage, but this movie seemed above competent and it definitely deserves a better wrap than its getting rn.
>>
>>83114352
I just do whatever the opposite of the /tv/ hivemind is, it has improved the overall quality of my life.
>>
There were some great ideas and moments,
but fuck those last 30 minutes. The alien was not creepy and there was no tension at all in those final scenes
>>
>>83114679
If it wasn't an alien movie I'd be way less annoyed with it
>>
>>83114352
>>83114679

You sound like underage or recently adult guys that seriously haven't seen any modern classic or have seen them but you've been exposed to so much drivel and incompetent filmmaking like the kind that has permeated this last decade that you can't even tell what makes a film good or bad.

Like a fat diabetic guy with his tastebuds completely ruined by soda and candy that can't appreciate or distinguish genuine food from concentrated fructose.
>>
>>83114352
you need to learn to read /tv/
if a movie is mostly praised by everyone, it's shit see, ALL DC and most marvel
if a movie gets a thread per day or so, with actual discusion, which includes real opinions and the usual shitpost, it might be good. It can be about movies that are a few years old already but for some reason anons got caught in the snowball effect where one watches, posts, 5 more watch, 2 post, 10 more watch, 4 post.. and so.
If a movie is hated by all or most of /tv/, it's probably worth watching at least. You should only avoid movies hated by certain well spoken individuales who can actually pinpoint the reason why it sucks
>>
>>83115020

Or in the case of prometheus and covenant, when everyone can pinpoint why it sucks.
>>
>>83114764
I'm more let down by the first half hour. The start off Prometheus was breathtaking and it got worse over time. It's the opposite for AC.
>>
http://www.metacritic.com/movie/alien-covenant

It's not just /tv/, home skizzle bodizzle
>>
>>83114352
Before I state this I just want you guys to know thati I genuinely enjoy browsing this board and have gotten great recommendations from you guys. That being said, /tv/ and /mu/ are the most contrarian boards out there and have terrible reputations on the other boards. Some of taking deserved, generals are fucking cancer (with the exception of the boxing one on /sp/), alot of folks are either underaged or just dense and clueless and take muh movies and muh music very seriously, as if it were something that actually mattered outside of the real world. I just think theres alot of underaged faggots who get brave and start posting, compared to other boards. Some asshole will post some sarcastic shit and will have 10 responses like 'omg you're not being serious OMG this better be a joke' because those 10 faggots are 12 and they think by shitting on something that everyone likes they are being deep, rebellious, or a true critic of the arts, when in reality, they are just whiny little faggots. That said, I do hate capeshit.

>Tl;dr: /tv/ is populated by underaged contrarian faggots.
>>
>this film that shits all over the mystery and mythos of the original with actual "lol an android created the aliens 10 years before the original film", using fucking atrocious CGI which dance around in the spotlight rather than the genuinely creepy suit monster which still holds up today, with 90% of the scenes just being poorly done rehashes from alien and aliens is actually good

this isn't even /tv/ being contrarian. The film is fucking awful and Scott is a hack who's lost his touch and doesn't give a shit anymore.
>>
>>83115103
>The start of Prometheus was breathtaking and it got worse over time

The visuals were great and specially when viewed on 3D in the cinema but the moment they say they deduced the existence of engineers from random cave paintings and that they created us because they point at the stars I knew the movie was going to be utter shit.
>>
>>83114352
it's pretty shitty. were you looking at your phone when a sleep chamber locked a person inside and burst into flames? yes, I'm aware the solar flare/whatever did some damage to the ship, but why in the hell would a sleeping pod be designed in such a way that there was even a remote chance it could burst into flames?
or when the two shrieking harpies slipped on a blood puddle within 2 minutes of each other? and then one of those harpies accidentally blew up herself and her ship?
or when the captain decided to trust a creepy robot immediately after he saw that robot try to communicate with an alien and completely ignore the decapitated corpse of his crew member?
or when the space cowboy decided to ignore the computer's warning and fly his ship into a storm that could destroy them, risking his life and the lives of over 2000 other people? it pissed me off so much that they didn't even get punished a little for this

there were a few cool scenes in the movie, mostly ones with David. but there were so many retarded scenes (and everyone besides David is so forgettable) that he couldn't redeem the movie for me.
>>
>>83115643
I like how such a big deal was made about the storm like
>HOLY SHIT what are you doing? You can't fly the ship 20km above the storm it's well beyond our tolerances- we're all going to die!

Literally nothing happens. The storm may as well never have existed.
>>
>>83114352

Hey thats a nice poster, what does it have to do with the movie?

Absolutely nothing.
>>
>>83115774
>the alien on the poster looks better than the CGI shit that made it into the final film

dishonest to put the suit onto the poster tbqh
>>
>>83115414
Fyfield, pls.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.