[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>“We had to destroy the myth because [the Austin Powers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: spectre-james-bond-origins.jpg (133KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
spectre-james-bond-origins.jpg
133KB, 720x480px
>“We had to destroy the myth because [the Austin Powers movies] fucked us,” Craig said. “I am a huge Mike Myers fan, so don’t get me wrong, but he kind of fucked us, made it impossible to do the gags.”

What did he mean by this?
>>
They couldn't have lighthearted jokes in james bond because they would draw comparison to or remind people of austin powers.
>>
>>83104368

he meant that he's not witty or charming, he's a meathead who hits people.
>>
>>83104368
>we're too lazy to write good movies so we'll blame it on other movies
>>
>>83104368
>Austin Powers revealed the tired dumb cliches that we have copy and pasted dozens of times, so now we can't use them again and have to be original, whaaaa
>>
>>83104732
Can someone do this with capeshit???
>>
>>83104368
>We had to destroy the myth
>Plots are literally the same
thinkingemoji.png
>>
He's not wrong, as much as i love James Bond you can't really do "my name is pussy galore" and pretend to be serious, it's childish
>>
>the Brosnan movies sucked and the Bourne movies were popular at the time so we copied them
fixed
>>
>>83104831
Drake Bell tried with Superhero Movie, but (((Hollywood))) brought him to JUSTice.
>>
>>83104875
well yea, Bond movies are for children

also taking a cartoonish concept and making everything super serious does not make the movie more adult, just less creative
>>
File: hmmmm.png (11KB, 470x454px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmm.png
11KB, 470x454px
>>83104831
/tv/ needs to write that shit.

>"hero" ends up destroying half a city and killing thousands, much worse than the villain intended
>pisses others off by only speaking in quips
>directed by Raimi
>>
>>83104875
Probably because Bond movies weren't supposed to be super serious to begin with.
>>
>>83104947
That's just the first half of Hancock.
>>
>>83104947
And giant blue energy beams shooting off into space.
>>
>>83104831
i'm actually surprised this hasn't happened, though I suppose the spoof era was on its way out by the time capeshit started to get huge with iron man.
>>
>>83104368

>>
No one remembers Austin powers anymore.

Make the next bond film as a tribute to Moore, filled to the brim with campy shit
>>
>>83104962
This
>>
>>83104831
it has been done countless of times, but they haven't really hit the nail

imo it needs more meta than straight parodies
>start with a forced origin story, make it less batman/spiderman and more wolverine/captain america
>introduce the obvious female romantic interest character and recognize it as such
>make sure the villain makes an appereance just by the end of the movie and make the battle quick and shitty, make sure you recognize it
>always make sure every character introduced has a potential for a spin off
>end credits scene

The desired result should be a mix of Hancock, Mystery Men and Wayne's World.
>>
>>83105140
I'd like that. They were just showing some RM highlights on the news. Good harmless (slightly sexist but who GAF) fun.
>>
>>83105417
Make like 4 movies with all different characters but an identical script. Literally frame for frame the exact same movie but different actors/characters. Then make a teamup movie
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.