[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Prometheus finally being acknowledged as kino? Has the negative

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

Is Prometheus finally being acknowledged as kino?

Has the negative reception phase that occurred with so many other sci-fi masterpieces now passed?
>>
>>83091932
No, its still boring as shit and my least favorite in the entire series.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
I agree that Prometheus is excellent but the mainstream audiences being disappointed by Covenant has jack shit to do with this.
>>
>>83091987

I think Covenant was HELLA better than Prometheus and I HATED Prometheus and what Scott did with the lore in that one so thats saying something for me as a long time Alien fan.
>>
>>83091932
It's not smart enough to be a masterpiece. It's an aesthetically stunning movie though, and that's enough to call it decent. The connections to Alien felt largely unnecessary, and the way Covenant expands on those connections is boring and hackneyed. Covenant doesn't do Prometheus a favor nor the other Alien movies.

Fassbender as David is great, though.
>>
File: sdfsdf.jpg (140KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sdfsdf.jpg
140KB, 1280x720px
you faggots taking these movies as stand alone in to years when all are out Prometheus alien covenant and the next 2 will be better than the first 3 alien flims

David is the new ripley the NEW GOD OF THIS UNVERISE
>>
>>83092060
>>83092060
>in to years
TEN
>>
>>83092014
Covenant butchered the lore much worse than Prometheus.
>>
I like Prometheus because it tried something original with the series. It failed spectacularily.

Despite of that Prometheus is aesthetically pleasing to look at.
>>
File: zeldacycle[1].png (230KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
zeldacycle[1].png
230KB, 800x600px
>>83091932
Zelda-syndrome? The franchise's newest piece is always hated , while the last one gets love
>>
GIFTBEARER FAN EDIT
I
F
T
>>
>>83092448
Prometheus is a 7/10 movie with horrendous execution.

Could have been a masterpiece with editing.
>>
theatrical release was bad but if you watch a fan edit with all the deleted scenes it barely becomes a 7/10. People just like it more now because of how shit covenant was.

The thing is ALL the alien movies except for the first 2 were shit.
>>
>>83092149
>Prometheus
>tried something original

>bunch of people find some unexplainable alien shit
>people act like retards and fuck up one by one
>alien shit kills the crew one by one
>by the end, only the woman survives

OC DONUT
>>
File: alien_3.jpg (205KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
alien_3.jpg
205KB, 825x464px
>>83092880

>The thing is ALL the alien movies except for the first 2 were shit.

You know man, as much as I would like to disagree with you on that, there is some truth to that statement. But you know, there was a young new director that was willing to take the series in that VERY direction that you are talking about anon. And that is Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5. Do some lurking online about it. Wish it actually fucking happened and Ridley didn't want to shit all over this disintegrating franchise with more shitty sequels made by him.

Ridley is the LAST thing this series needs more of.
>>
File: 23234.jpg (33KB, 485x324px) Image search: [Google]
23234.jpg
33KB, 485x324px
The problems with these movies is that everything needs to be PG13 and that takes away the human the raw human aspects we need more lord of the flies raw humanity
>>
>>830919I>>83091932
I liked it since its release.

I liked its ambition, some ideas are very interesting and when it turns to a shitty horror flick it's entertaining.

Would be better if had nothing to do with Alien though.

And Covenant was shit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.