[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why aren't more studio blockbusters released in black

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

why aren't more studio blockbusters released in black and white, bros?
>>
Because nobody cares about "muh deep artistic integrity" in blockbusters
>>
>>83086752
but with how focused the visual aesthetic of this film is on contrast, it must have looked like shit in color. why release an inferior version? would normies really not go see an X-Men movie just because it's in black and white?
>>
>>83086699
because its a fucking gimmick filter that only autist like
>>
>>83086814
movies were in black and white for decades before color came along. plenty of masterpieces were shot in black and white after the advent of color film - Branded to Kill and Psycho come to mind. why is it a gimmick now? just because color is the norm?
>>
>>83086807
>would normies really not go see an X-Men movie just because it's in black and white?

Yeah there are a ton of people who won't watch black & white films because they automatically think it'll be boring or something. It's the sad truth.
>>
>>83086921
>implying black and white was a choice back then
>>
>>83086921
because color is more stimulating and therefore more pleasing to the brain
>>
>>83087007
i really find it hard to believe they'd be so turned off by the color palette even when it's a major entry into a well-liked franchise.

>>83087030
i'm well aware that both of those films were shot in black and white due to budgetary constraints, but to suggest that Suzuki and Hitchcock didn't shoot differently in color and in monochrome implies a lack of familiarity with their work
>>
>>83087050
>Swallow rat poison
>Stimulates my brain
>GOOD
>>
>>83086699
Always been a thing since color was introduced in movies.

Studios were originally trying to make Mel Brooks make Young Frankenstein color, completely missing what they were trying to satirize.
>>
File: 1447044924023.png (1MB, 1365x1078px) Image search: [Google]
1447044924023.png
1MB, 1365x1078px
>>83086699
You're an idiot if you think that looks good. The only thing it has going for it is contrast. all the detail is lost in a mush of greys

You can't just take color stills and slap a monochrome filter over it and post "muh b&w" it is nothing like a movie that was filmed on b&w stock

die pls
>>
>>83087068
>i really find it hard to believe they'd be so turned off by the color palette even when it's a major entry into a well-liked franchise.
Some people just instantly hate something the moment they see it's black and white. Old movies especially, but even modern stuff. They have no good reason for it, they just hate it.
>>
>>83086699
why don't you wait for the silent edition, where they put all the dialogue on interspersed screens
>>
I wish more films would use film instead of digital. It gives such a sanitized look to the picture it makes me sick. For example Prometheus and The Martian, it makes the sets look fake even though they are practical
>>
>>83088994
there is actually a B&W version released for Logan, so please kys
>>
>>83086921
it's a gimmick to get people to see a movie a second time. as far as gimmicks go it isn't a terrible one, but its purpose is primarily to sell tickets and not to explore its artistic ability
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.