[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zack Snyders only good movie is 300. His visual style is overreliant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: KEK.jpg (31KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
KEK.jpg
31KB, 460x276px
Zack Snyders only good movie is 300. His visual style is overreliant on CGI, a technology that only looks good in motion with a lot of blur.

Good action scenes need both fast action and slower moments to build tension, which Snyder achieves by the use of slow motion. In 300 this works because there aren't very many moving parts, it looks artful with the silhouettes and the shining red capes. Compare this to the slow motion in sucker punch, while it does slow down the action it turns it into a nauseating experience with clutter abound and seemingly nonsensical slow motion sequences.

I believe he should move away from superhero movies and more into action scenes where the terrain is more monotone, like in medieval movies or historic epics.
>>
300 was kino as fuck. Severely underappreciated in these grounds
>>
The Spartans had full armor which is why they had such an advantage. I hate how they are depicted in 300.
>>
dawn of the dead is awesome too desu
>>
Snyder is a complete hack. 300 and Watchmen are good only because the source materials are good. Every time he tries to do something original, he completely fails. Snyder and DC are retarded. Why do they keep writing shitty original scripts when they already paid billions of dollars for the franchise? Just copy the excellent story of the excellent comics. How hard is that?
>>
Eh. Fuck all of you. Watchmen is my all time favorite movie.
>>
>>83083994
Is that why his daughter killed herself?
>>
>300
>good
>>
That movie with the owls and dead can dance was okay, can't remember what it was about but I'm pretty sure it was good.
>>
>>83087102
Ga'hoole I guess. It was okay, but nothing memorable.
>>
>>83087320
I wouldn't mind rewatching it but I don't feel like downloading it and am certainly not going to buy it, so while I'm not 100% on board with your point I do see where you're coming from
>>
>>83087071
Yes
>>
I thought Dawn of the Dead was good...
>>
Snyder movies that are better than anything Disney has done in this decade:

>Dawn of Dead
>300
>Watchmen

Snyder movies that are good
>Owls
>Man of Steel
>>
300 was a trash meme movie. His only good one was Dawn of the Dead.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.