[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

elizabeth shaw was a complete fucking idiot in Prometheus and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 16

File: alien-covenant-set-shaw.jpg (241KB, 670x502px) Image search: [Google]
alien-covenant-set-shaw.jpg
241KB, 670x502px
elizabeth shaw was a complete fucking idiot in Prometheus and people are asking why david killed her irrational ass

David had all that time in the world to study the engineers history and culture so he understands what made them tick and all she wanted some bullshit meaning for her meaningless life even if he told her she could still want to meet them

FUCK THE HATERS DONT EVER KILL DAVID OFF BRING HIM BACK FOR THE NEXT 2 MOVIES
>>
how the hell did she rebuild him?
>>
>>83053853
Can someone tell me what the movie actually shows about what happened to her? All I know is that David ran experiments on her. Did she actually make an appearance?
>>
>>83053905
Just lazered his head back onto his body.
>>
>>83053918
>Did she actually make an appearance?
No, only her corpse.
We see her in one of the promotionnal clips where she repairs David then go into hypersleep with David saying he will wakes her up when they arrive at destination
>>
>>83053853

What am I looking at here?
>>
>>83053905
She soldered his cpu's back on
>>
File: 548974759.jpg (365KB, 820x574px) Image search: [Google]
548974759.jpg
365KB, 820x574px
>>83054011
the queen
>>
>>83053905
https://youtu.be/XeMVrnYNwus

This was released shortly before alien covenant.
>>
>>83054110
Did she forget that he killed her husband?
>>
>>83054270
I don't think she ever really figured it out, did she? There is that one scene where she says "the air might be contaminated because whatshisface inhaled something" and David says something like "trust me, he didn't", which is suspicious as hell but maybe not enough to make her think "yeah, she' killed him".

Also, why is somebody named "Elizabeth Shaw" completely incapable of speaking English properly?
>>
>>83054270
she never knew although he hint at it not being the air
>>
>>83053978
when did this "we show key parts of the plot in deleted scenes and youtube videos outside of the movie" come from?
>>
>>83054060
what is this / is the corpse an actual direct reference?
>>
>>83054110
Oh well. I'm ok with that.
>>
>>83054110
Her mutilated corpse being covered in the same blanket makes me think that maybe she died in her cryo pod.

It'd be nice to get some clarity on how exactly she died to know where and how badly she fucked up.
>>
Makes me glad Ridley is not directing the new Bladerunner.

He's shitting on his own legacy.
>>
>>83055202
Its similar looking so it may very possibly be a reference. The painting is done by Giger, so probably likely.
>>
>>83054110
>Even off-screen the characters in Prometheus are stupid
Maybe that's why the engineers wants to kill humans, because of how stupid we are.
>>
>>83055691
>It'd be nice to get some clarity on how exactly she died to know where and how badly she fucked up.
She died because David used her to harvest Xenos, only logical explanation.
>>
>>83053918

They show her dissected corpse on a table. Looks as though he might of used some sort of embalming thing on her.
>>
>>83053853
>David had all that time in the world to study the engineers history and culture

why would that all that info be in a military attack craft? We dont put the history of America and the ways of its people in every B-52
>>
>>83055202
>>83056004
The original painting is of Giger's mistress, Li, who had psychiatric problems and killed herself.
>>
>>83053905
>>
>>83053978
>David saying he will wakes her up when they arrive at destination
After all that shit that went down, why in the EVER LOVING FUCK would she trust David enough to reattach his body?
>>
>>83056252
>We dont put the history of America and the ways of its people in every B-52

No, but we do have computers on most US Navy ships.
>>
>>83056430
1. She has no idea that David is malicious. She never figures out that he killed Holloway. As far as she knows, David just carries out orders and doesn't deliberately harm humans.

2. She's one of those "see the good in everyone" type of people.
>>
>>83054060
Ridley better fuck off with this every art piece of Giger is somehow for his faggot ass prequels.
>>
>>83056491
Didn't she beg David to help her when her womb buster was about to get out and he just shrugged her off?
>>
>>83056491
Did she forget how david helped weyland basically fuck over everybody in pursuit of irrational selfishness? how his demand to live forever led to blue man group going all hulk on everyone
>>
What about this? Is this in the movie? Shaw doesn't look human, did David run experiments on her while she was still alive? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbX4RVx4Zjo
>>
>>83053853
This picture doesnt happen in the movie stop posting this shit.

>>83053918
No. There is no mutation. Only her torso is open wide.
>>
>>83056547
He was merely following his master's, i.e. Weyland's orders like a good synthoid is supposed to.
>>
Can somebody explain what the fuck Idris Elba's accent was supposed to be in Prometheus?

>>83056542
She asked him to help and he sedated her, which is a pretty reasonable thing to do when a hysterical pregnant woman is shouting at you.

>>83056547
I doubt she forgot that, but she probably thought David was just following Weyland's commands, and since Weyland was dead by that point it no longer mattered.
>>
>>83056426
>"girls can do whatever guys can do!!!!"

whatever you say
>>
>>83054270
She never knew that.
>>
File: Wxx7qJo.png (678KB, 625x925px) Image search: [Google]
Wxx7qJo.png
678KB, 625x925px
>>83056596
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ1lc6KASWg
>>
>>83056491
>She never figures out that he killed Holloway
Yes she did. When she says Hollaway could have been infected with some shit in the air, and David blunty responds He didnt. She realized his death wasnt an accident. Watch it again.
>>
>>83056616
>Can somebody explain what the fuck Idris Elba's accent was supposed to be in Prometheus?

Not sure. I guess he was going for "American" but we don't sound like that. This bugs me about a lot of foreign actors trying to pull off American voices,since they never do it right, yet more and more are being used in TV and film.

The two britbongs in TWD don't sound right at all for instance, and they're suppoised to be playing characters from our deep south? please.
>>
>>83056681
Based on the dawning look she has in that scene I'd say she knows he is responsible but chalks it up to Weyland's influence since it happened while he was alive. In the end she undermines David's agency when she calls him a robot. Also yeah, she's a dumb forgiving christian.
>>83056304
fucked up.
maybe there will be some parallel and Shaw will have killed herself after all.
>>
>>83056681
I could never figure this shit out

At the end of Prometheus, she knows David is psycho

But then she's like, oh well, lets go fly to the engineer planet together! it will be fun!
>>
I kind of can't get over how David lost his - ANDROID - mind in 10 years. I mean even an ordinary human has a good chance of going that long withoug snapping and he's a goddamn robot ffs.

Also, the Neomorphs were so insanely overpowered. The black dust was just supposed to be some random byproduct of the black goo right? Like black goo 1.1
while David had all those years and his genius, autistic, cockgobbling robot mind to come up with what will later be known as the Xenomorph?
From what we saw in the movie, I think the only genuine thing 'better' about Xenos in comparison to the Neos is acid blood.
You can blow up eggs, you can shoot facehuggers and chestbursters but what the fuck are you supposed to do about f*cking dust that, once it touches your skin, kills you in a few minutes and spawns ultra fast killing machines that go to like 75% of their power the moment they burst out of you?
>>
>>83056639
That image isn't even about that you utter fucking retard
>>
did that bjork chick that played shaw not do alien covenant because she hated michael fassbender really really badly after doing the movie with him or something?
>>
>>83056119
There was a theory floating around that David removed her blood to embalm her after the experiments and transferred some of it into his coolant fluid. He apparently bleeds a dark substance in the movie but I don't remember it if it happened. Could just be his works getting crusty from being marooned too.
>>
>>83057308
seems likely. people say he's a real prick
>>
>>83053853
>Anon sympathizes with the psychopath killer robot

really makes u think
>>
>>83053853
>yfw Awakening reveals those are leftovers from what Shaw started "shedding".
>>
>>83057253
lets not forget that he was an experimental model built to experience something too close to emotional desire and this feature had to be scaled back in later models for stability. also he served his primary function and had his hardware badly damaged. walter alludes to the fact that he's basically broken.
>>
>>83056596
People'll stop posting this shit when we get a cam rip
>>
>>83053853

I actually preferr Walter by a wide, wide margin.

I was really hoping he would win the 1v1 and end that little shit David.
>>
I love the Alien series' favorite method of series suicide, the "killing characters in between movies for no reason" technique.
>>
>>83053905

Glue.
>>
>>83053978
>>83053853
so they pulled the same shit as in alien 3 again ? what the hell is wrong with this franchise
>>
>>83057928
the patrician way
>>
>>83057239

She knows he's a little weird and off but not the full blown psycho that killed her husband. She never found out he did it.
>>
she trusted the AI too much, she assumed AI was perfect
>>
>>83058231
>>83057956
>>83058100

she exposed how bad the writers are for Prometheus and A:C
>>
>>83053853
>what is that?
>a weapon.
>A FUCKING WEAPON?!? HOW DARE YOU! LEAVE THAT ON THE SHIP ASSHOLE!!

then the poor guy and his friend end up getting killed. thank you based david for mutilating and torturing shaw.
>>
Although Covenant managed to piss me off just like Prometheus did, the reasons were different.
I wanted in Prometheus to learn more about the Engineers, what did they created the black goo for and why did they wanted to kill us if they created us. I had hope in Elizabeth surviving long enough to get some answers but I'm not sure she even awakened from her travel.

In the prologue ("The Crossing", >>83054110), the last time we see her she looks like this. I have no idea where she got such a big sweater but it looks comfy.

In the movie, this is what we got:
- The convenant crew find the ship that flew at the end of Prometheus, crashed in a hill.
- Inside there's Prometheus stuff, including Shaw's dog tag and a picture of her with her husband.
- In the space jockey room, there's a recording of Shaw using the navigating instruments while singing "Take me home".

Back in the remains of the engineer's city, David is living in some caves. Inside:
- He has a tomb with "Elizabeth Shaw" written on it. Apparently it's an empty tomb.
- David says Elizabeth died in the crash, but later he admits that he did to her what he will do to the new female protagonist (kiss her? I don't remember seeing David directly attacking a human, he's always using indirect methods).
- Walter gets to see some of David's weird art, including a drawing which features Elizabeth Shaw's face but with a destroyed jaw.
- There's also a very artistic picture of a bald head (Shaw's again, I guess) with tubes all around.

And finally, Covenant's fem protagonist gets to see Elizabeth Shaw's corpse:
- It's over a table
- It's a little bit covered by a fabric identical to OP's pic.
- There's a big opening in the chest/stomach, you can see all of her organs inside. Looks like a vivisection.
- The final shot of this scene is a closeup to Shaw's face: she looks as a terminal patient, her eyes are closed and she just look like a terminal patient. It looks as if she never woke up from her sleep.
>>
Why did all the married couples have different surnames?

Branson/Daniels
Ricks/Upton
Oram/Karine
Tennesse/Faris

It's only 100 years in the future, not really that long for society to rid itself of women taking their husbands name.
Also when have a couple ever referred to each other by their surnames. I can understand T and Dani as nicknames but everyone else sticks to the surnames only. Is it just another throwback to Alien, because I'm sure in every other movie it's always surnames only and that would only really make sense in Aliens where everyone is military.
>>
>>83058393
>- Walter gets to see some of David's weird art, including a drawing which features Elizabeth Shaw's face but with a destroyed jaw.
Here.
I really thought for a second that this really happened. But it's just a drawing and we get to see the proper corpse minutes later.
>>
>>83055692
Sorry to break it to you but a pricipal writer on alien convenient is also a writer on the new blade runner and is pals with scott.

Its quite obvious they are building AI universe.(not a shared one but bringing AI to the for front of movies)
>>
>people bitching about shaw 'trusting' david
she didn't have a choice. she didn't have a chance of piloting that ship alone, communicating with the engineers or most importantly getting herself in and out of cryo without him.

her options were die there, die on the way or take a leap of (lol) faith and hope that david wouldn't fuck her over.
>>
>>83053853
I dont get OP's pic.
It looks like a stand-in for Elizabet's corpse.

Pic related, it looks as if the used the stand-in to create that big cut that shows all her internal organs...
... and only in post-production they added Shaw's face on it. OP's woman looks nothing like Elizabeth Shaw. I also can't remember all that Giger stuff around her head.
>>
>>83058393
>>83058468
ok so what's your point
>>
>>83056426
>this kills the woman
>>
>>83058586
they're just production stills of the props used, not screenshots.
nobody has pics of her corpse from the movie yet, it seems.
>>
>>83058393
>I have no idea where she got such a big sweater but it looks comfy.

I assume before taking off on the Engineer ship Shaw gathered supplies from Vicker's lifeboat. It had two years worth of supplies.
>>
>>83058393
>I wanted in Prometheus to learn more about the Engineers, what did they created the black goo for and why did they wanted to kill us if they created us
That was the exact thing I expected when I went to see it. Kind of a letdown that the only Engineers we got to see were slaughtered, in admittedly, a fantastic scene.
>>
>>83058601
I still don't know exactly how did she die and why.
>>
>>83058771
>why
bad writing!

I think there is probably some truth to the RLM review where they suppose that Ridley must think that everyone hates Prometheus (not far from the mark), so the only way to correct that is to kill off the only survivor from the movie, and more or less any plot point from the movie.
>>
>>83058771
it's purposely left nebulous i think. will probably be revisited in some capacity.
>>
>>83058586

If you read the thread you'd know OP's pic is art by Giger's girlfriend.
>>
>>83058877
> If you read the thread you'd know OP's pic is art by Giger's girlfriend.
Didn't she died decades ago? What are you talking about?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Tobler
Yes, "Li" was the model for Giger back in the 70's, >>83054060 shows some of Giger's work using Li's face and OP's pic looks like a homage to it.
Shaw's proper corpse is a similar pose but with eyes closed and without all that weird stuff around.
>>
>>83056426
>that feel when did that on accident once and burned the fuck out of myself
>>
>>83058393
>- David says Elizabeth died in the crash, but later he admits that he did to her what he will do to the new female protagonist (kiss her? I don't remember seeing David directly attacking a human, he's always using indirect methods).
Just realized that androinds don't have penises so no rape, at least not in the 20th century definition of rape.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4Cmf4BuNgg
>>
File: 21ea118f51289ffd.jpg (406KB, 640x3904px) Image search: [Google]
21ea118f51289ffd.jpg
406KB, 640x3904px
>woman is a complete fucking idiot
>woman is irrational

finally kino with believable charcters

you literally never see this in capeshit, even in the Watchmen movie Silk Spectre (an incompetant bimbo who's only good at riding blue cock in the original comic) is portrayed as "womyn batman, but smarter and stronger and better at fighting"
>>
>>83054433

Overwatch
>>
>>83056426
Wait, she's holding the hot part of the soldering pen right? Fucking clipart models.
>>
File: download (37).jpg (4KB, 270x186px) Image search: [Google]
download (37).jpg
4KB, 270x186px
Am I the only one here that noticed that they actually on purpose went full meme in the movie?
>>
>>83054110
Why was this not in the fking movie ?
Jesus christ i'm never falling for that hack pice of shit again, only torrenting from now on.
>>
>>83057027
Yeah, Li "killed herself", sure.
>>
File: tumblr_lt0sf1JfRg1qa1o5zo1_1280.jpg (98KB, 702x627px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lt0sf1JfRg1qa1o5zo1_1280.jpg
98KB, 702x627px
>mfw the alien and Prometheus comics are better then anything the movies has been giving us
>>
>>83053905
>how the hell did she rebuild him?
She had the technology
>>
>>83053905

She had the technology
>>
>>83054110
wouldn't the alien nerds have also discovered robotics, ai, and have countermeasures for this shit? how did some human invention btfo them so hard.
>>
>>83061348
Imagine an Aliens: Labyrinth adaptation. the horror, the horror
>>
>>83061348

Dude the short vignettes built around Prometheus had more depth and made way more sense than the movie itself.

For Shaw and co.getting assigned a spot on the Prometheus crew was like winning the lottery because the vetting and testing process was so unbelievably thorough.

But then in the movie every one of the crew is pants on head retarded.
>>
>>83056639
That bit she is holding is hot enough to burn holes in cloth.
>>
It honestly looked like David turned her into the queen from Aliens.
>>
I thought Shaw was an awful character in Prometheus but I found myself wishing she'd come into it in Covenant, because all the new characters were forgettable
>>
Alright /tv/, what's our opinion about the Enigneers?

Are they based GOAT patrician we people look up too?

Or

Are they beta plebs who deserved to be destroyed for good?
>>
Both Prometheus and Covenant is utter shit, Ridley Scott needs to fucking stop. Bladerunner is going to be shit as well.
>>
>>83062241
i actually like how retarded they all are, the apollo 11 mission was mostly automated and even then, with simple routine tasks, it broke all 3 men psychologically. the magnitude of what they had done will echo for all of mankind, and that type of focused pressure you can only maintain for so long especially on mission, before going insane. they probably did isolation tests and figured out that the first people they send out there could only survive for one or two sleep cycles before they totally break down and a catastrophic error or man caused failure occurs.

the first people to ever do anything are often not prepared for it whatsoever. no doubt the prometheus crew was completely unprepared mentally or emotionally with what they were about to do. by ripleys time of course space travel is so mundane you just think about your bonuses and wearing comfortable shoes.
>>
>>83062336
Shaw was a lame "character" in a poorly-written movie - the Covenant crew were just meatbags set up for kill scenes in a cheap schlock flick.
>>
>>83060118
I nearly burst out laughing
>>
>>83062194
i woudn't mind seeing a live action or animated version of this one
>>
File: pillar-men.png (754KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pillar-men.png
754KB, 1280x720px
>>83062189

They did not develop robotics since they were perfect in every sense.

Maybe they knew that humans ain't shit and their technology sucks, but they didn't anticipate David's drive to fuck shit up.
>>
>>83057239
She knows he is a psycho. She also knows that she has 2 options

1. Staying forever in the planet
2. Use the psycho robot to escape the planet
>>
File: FaceApp_1492948292261.jpg (66KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
FaceApp_1492948292261.jpg
66KB, 450x450px
>>83062034
>>
>>83062609

3. Disable such robot when he fulfills his task, but she decides to trust the robot not to harm her after he has been cool for a while when she knows he's fucking insane.

Very realistic interpretation of a woman
>>
>>83059602

every character is suddenly an expert martial artist because it's a zack snyder movie you shitlord
>>
>>83054110
Ok I get the part where they learn how to fly the ship, but why in Gods name would they keep the goo on the ship?????????
>>
>>83062694
>disabling a smarter and stronger than you robot
>good idea

Frankly, you are not only a retard, but considering Shaw was also a retard Im starting to suspect thats how it actually went between the movies. She tried to shutdown David and got BTFO
>>
File: 1421783396546.jpg (336KB, 1268x1695px) Image search: [Google]
1421783396546.jpg
336KB, 1268x1695px
>that scene where both women slip on the same puddle of blood
>>
>>83062241
> Dude the short vignettes built around Prometheus had more depth and made way more sense than the movie itself.
I watched again the extended version of Peter Weyland's TED talk.
He actually gives some answers to Covenant: the founding father of "The Company" just plainly says that he's ok with creating worlds without ethics or rules or legislations.

TL; DR: Peter Weyland created David not in his image, but as he wanted to be: inmortal and limitless in his creativity. Fuck ethics.

Pic related, I'm in love with Elizabeth Shaw so I will use her ovaries to create alien eggs because fuck you.
>>
>Why display Shaw....

People don't expect their i-phones to murder rape them and use their dead corpse for untold facehuggery
>>
File: weyland.png (315KB, 851x479px) Image search: [Google]
weyland.png
315KB, 851x479px
>>83063443
> extended version of Peter Weyland's TED talk.
Forgot link:
https://youtu.be/cHUhjTo16i8?t=5m47s
>>
>>83063517

>Why did Shaw
>>
>>83063443
>I'm in love with Elizabeth Shaw so I will use her ovaries to create alien eggs because fuck you.
kek
>>
>>83062561
if they were perfect how did the robot fuck them up so hard? is he more perfect?
>>
>>83063641
no, but humans are
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.