[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the hell can anyone take this contrarian fuck seriously?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: critic.jpg (22KB, 300x279px) Image search: [Google]
critic.jpg
22KB, 300x279px
How the hell can anyone take this contrarian fuck seriously? He's such a fucking pretentious contrarian it baffles me how people listen to a word that comes out of this fools mouth. Look at these two reviews:
http://www.nypress.com/knight-to-remember/
http://www.nyfcc.com/2011/11/jack-and-jill-reviewed-by-armond-white-for-cityarts/
>>
He's the dude who kept "Get Out" from having a perfect score.

I've read his review. It's shit.
>>
>>83050800
Now look at this one: http://www.nyfcc.com/2012/08/aurora-atrocitas-the-dark-knight-crisis-by-armond-white-for-cityarts/
Or this: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/428730/star-wars-demystified
>>
>>83051224
I've already read it. He blames fucking NOLAN for the shooting.
He's like /tv/ personified.
>>
File: HAHAHAHAH.png (35KB, 793x248px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHAH.png
35KB, 793x248px
>>83051249
oh, and he got kicked out of the NY critics circle for telling the director of 12 years a slave "fuck you, kiss my ass"
fucking manchild.
>>
>>83051249
Fuck you, the man was dressed up as The Joker, a character who carried out multiple violent terrorist attacks and killed people. He wasn't directly blaming Nolan however, more Hollywood in general for abandoning virtue in storytelling to exploit a shallow trend of nihilism. You sound 14. And The Dark Knight is shit, even White's number 1 enemy in the entire universe agrees: http://www.cosmoetica.com/B816-DES658.htm

>>83051321
I don't buy that. And even if he did I'm sure that the main reason would have been that he's disagreeable. You can't have a critic in a prominent position saying that most critics are shallow idiots who don't know what they're talking about.
>>
>>83050899
based armond is the only critic standing up to the virtue signalling masses who don't care or understand about quality filmmaking
>>
>>83051432
>who don't care or understand about quality filmmaking

Oh please fuck off, Armond hardly ever reviews films at all, he only discusses what he thinks are the political views of the director and the lowest ranking artistic tool of them all, symbolism.
Too many mentions of "muh nationalism muh social decay muh diversity muh post 9/11 era"
Never does he talk about any filmmaking element, just a constant stream of political ideologies. He talks more about Obama in his reviews than the film itself.
>>
>>83051504
What do you want, a scene by scene breakdown? Would you approve of his reviews if he included 'breathtaking cinematography' in every single positive one? Because that's about as much filmmaking assessment as you'll get out of 90% of critics.
>>
File: 1487633509696-tv.png (462KB, 1232x832px) Image search: [Google]
1487633509696-tv.png
462KB, 1232x832px
>ITT triggered plebs.

What did he do OP, critized your capeshit movie?.
>>
>>83051565
I never said that the other 90% of critics are any better.
But yes, he should form arguments about the filmmaking elements and what he thinks was executed right or wrong and why. "Breathtaking cinematography" is not an argument, it's just a surface level opinion.
>>
>>83051321
>Trusting liberals critics to be fair with a conservative.
He never jeered that dude, he was supporting Robert Deniro's the good Shepard.

Like always leftist media resorts to slander against people who disagree with their echo chamber.
>>
>>83051373
>the man was dressed up as The Joker
Joker has GREEN hair not brownish also

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/26/us/james-holmes-trial-notebook/

>Aurora Police Sgt. Matthew Fyles read excerpts from the notebook on Tuesday, some of the words describing how Holmes listed pros and cons of several different types of attacks and venues.

>He ruled out striking an airport because he didn't want people to think he was a terrorist.
"Terrorism isn't the message," he wrote. "The message is, there is no message."

>In the notebook, Holmes diagrammed the individual theaters and even noted that a police station was just three minutes away. Holmes apparently visited the theater two weeks before the night of the shootings, a detective testified in 2013.
>Holmes listed three options on how to conduct the shooting, when to begin the attack and weighed the possibilities. Holmes considered theaters 12, 10 and the theater he ended up in, 9.

So no, it could have been any other movie.
>>
>>83051614
Dude he likes BvS and Suicide Squad
>>
Why does he trigger plebs so much?.
Are you thar upset that his reviews are more than empty bs like "the movie accomplishes what it sets to do" or "that was fun".

Is sad that people dont even attempt to understand where he is coming and just worry about the RT scores like fucking autists
>>
"Contrarian" is for fags like OP who can't take someone else having a different opinion.
>>
>>83053184
Yes.
Nothing wrong with BvS.

Stop thinking in marvel vs DC pleb terms.
>>
>>83050800
I like him because he's an excellent writer, which can't be said for the vast majority of film critics these days. Sure he's contrarian on purpose, but at least he's entertaining.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.