[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best movie of 2017 so far? Pic related, it at least

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: get-out-movie-song.jpg (125KB, 1013x596px) Image search: [Google]
get-out-movie-song.jpg
125KB, 1013x596px
What is the best movie of 2017 so far?

Pic related, it at least deserves a best picture nomination.
>>
>tfw only 2017 movies I've seen are Get Out, Kong SI, John Wick 2 and Life
>>
>>83050664
I liked it, but no where near best picture nomination for me.
I liked logan a bit more, but it's much too soon to talk about 2017. most of the good stuff will come out in the end of the year as always
>>
Comedy, action and mystery but horror fuck no, not one scene could even be described as remotely scary. If this is now a hallmark of the modern horror movies, then its safe to say the future of horror genre is fucked.
>>
>>83050697
>shit meme flick, nu-male directed shit, gun-fu kíno, a decent horror Alien-esque better than today's Covenant (JUST)
Nice
>>
The VVitch was better.
>>
>>83051871
It's a thriller. Hate seeing this labeled as horror.
>>
>>83052205
Peele called it something like a 'Social-Thriller.
>>
File: image.jpg (120KB, 541x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 541x470px
Can anyone explain why they were selecting black people in particular? Felt like a plot hole
>>
>>83052236
The society seemed to be made up of people who preferred black bodies. Either for style, or alleged physical superiority. It sounds a little self-serving coming from a black director, it would make more sense if they just went after fit people in general but that would defeat the social commentary.
>>
>>83052236

Because if they didn't the social narrative and theme would fall apart.

I mean Fucking duh!
>>
>>83052236
It was taking a shot at racist liberal elites who try to convince themselves and others they're not actually racist, but super progressive via tokenism and such. In an incredibly exaggerated manner, of course.
>>
I can guarantee this movie wont even be considered for oscar talk.
>>
>>83050664
it was ok , but 100% perfect reviews are smoking some serious shit

its a 7/10
>>
>>83052444
It was a really good movie, but yeah, the overly high score was due to the sort of people the movie was kind of satirizing to begin with.
>>
Get Out is definitely the best so far, but it's been a weak year. It's the only one I've seen without huge glaring flaws that would have been easy to fix with a decent editor.
>>
>>83050664
>Le experience racism daily man
>>
>>83052236
Like the others mentioned earlier the people at the party likely envied the blacks but as for the family of the girl especially the father it seems the exact opposite he hates blacks cause one beat his father in a race. One could also say it was either blacks are easily manipulated/mind controlled or that the girl simply loves the bbc.
But one thing that bugs me is, does all the mind controlled blacks have brain transplant?
>>
>>83052903
>does all the mind controlled blacks have brain transplant?

yes
>>
>>83052236
Physical superiority to every race and the added bonus of no one really caring about black people missing.

The grandpa literally got BTFO by Jesse Owens and never got over it.

I know this is /tv/, but I'm almost surprised at how dumb you people can be.
>>
>>83050664
Split was better.
>>
>>83053558
But why would a white person want to be put in a blacks body just to be a maid or gardener? It doesn't make any sense.
>>
Get Out was a fine movie, but it's getting jerked off a little bit. My top 5 rn are

1. The Red Turtle
2. Silence
3. Your Name
4. Frantz
5. Graduation

I go by when I had access to the films myself, not festival circuit/select city release.
>>
>>83050664
I've only seen nine films this year so far.
If I had to put them in order they'd go something like
>Logan
>Kong: Skull Island
>Alien: Covenant
>John Wick: Chapter Two
>Berlin Syndrome
>The Lego Batman Movie
>Ghost in the Shell
>Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
>Power Rangers

I didn't get around to seeing Get Out but I did want to.
>>
>>83054477
A said State of affairs on /tv/ when people only see movies like.
>>
So they have a full brain transplant. How do they turn back over a flash other than the plot.
>>
>>83053884
saw frantz at LFF last year and enjoyed it a lot. hope it gets some recognition this year :)
>>
>>83050664
I liked Alien: Covenant - great effects, shame about the actors, only good one was the one playing the robot, plus I thought the story of a killer or crazy robot was a bit old
>>
>>83054637
I got free tickets to review them, I don't get to pick the films.
>>
>>83052236
presumably to make a point about race relations in America today I believe it is called a met a phor
>>
>>83053884
>SILENCE

Wow if that's near the top of your list then it has been a pretty fucking shitty year for movies
>>
>>83054638
The movie seemed to be rooting in the psychology of it on top of just the physicality, establishing a self beyond the brain. A flash could trigger something in your eyes/nerve ends that can bring back memories.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.