[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> ITT: warm and sunny Summer evening flicks Sahara (2005)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 20

File: dirk.jpg (16KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
dirk.jpg
16KB, 182x268px
> ITT: warm and sunny Summer evening flicks

Sahara (2005)

Master explorer Dirk Pitt goes on the adventure of a lifetime of seeking out a lost Civil War battleship known as the "Ship of Death" in the deserts of West Africa while helping a WHO doctor being hounded by a ruthless dictator.
>>
File: foolio.jpg (15KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
foolio.jpg
15KB, 182x268px
Fool's Gold (2008)

A new clue to the whereabouts of a lost treasure rekindles a married couple's sense of adventure -- and their estranged romance.
>>
File: shy ronnie.jpg (18KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
shy ronnie.jpg
18KB, 182x268px
Captain Ron (1992)

(aka: KURT KINO)

A family in Chicago inherits the yacht formerly owned by Clark Gable. They decide to sail it from the island of Ste. Pomme de Terre to Miami, and they sail with the assistance of Captain Ron and their lives will never be the same again.
>>
File: con-air.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
con-air.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Con Air (1997)

Newly paroled ex-con and former U.S. Ranger Cameron Poe finds himself trapped in a prisoner transport plane when the passengers seize control.
>>
pure kino itt
>>
File: popshit.jpg (16KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
popshit.jpg
16KB, 182x268px
What Happens in Vegas (2008)

A man and a woman are compelled, for legal reasons, to live life as a couple for a limited period of time. At stake is a large amount of money.
>>
>>83034890
ALSO WHAT THE FUCK.

The same director is taking on "Log from the Sea of Cortez" (Steinbeck). If he fucks it up imma cut a bitch.
>>
File: bamma.jpg (13KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
bamma.jpg
13KB, 182x268px
Sweet Home Alabama (2002)

A young woman who's reinvented herself as a New York socialite must return home to Alabama to obtain a divorce from her husband, after seven years of separation.

Pure happy-go-comfy kino
>>
File: birdcage.jpg (11KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
birdcage.jpg
11KB, 182x268px
In & Out (1997)

A midwestern teacher questions his sexuality after a former student makes a comment about him at the Academy Awards.
>>
File: birdcage v1.jpg (14KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
birdcage v1.jpg
14KB, 182x268px
The Birdcage (1996)

A gay cabaret owner and his drag queen companion agree to put up a false straight front so that their son can introduce them to his fiancée's right-wing moralistic parents.
>>
File: robin v baddies.jpg (18KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
robin v baddies.jpg
18KB, 182x268px
Hook (1991)

When Captain Hook kidnaps his children, an adult Peter Pan must return to Neverland and reclaim his youthful spirit in order to challenge his old enemy.

We all want to be kids again.
>>
File: puresquallkino.jpg (18KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
puresquallkino.jpg
18KB, 182x268px
White Squall (1996)

Teenage boys discover discipline and camaraderie on an ill-fated sailing voyage.
>>
File: aussie circlejerk.jpg (12KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
aussie circlejerk.jpg
12KB, 182x268px
A Good Year (2006)

A British investment broker inherits his uncle's chateau and vineyard in Provence, where he spent much of his childhood. He discovers a new laid-back lifestyle as he tries to renovate the estate to be sold.
>>
>>83034599

It really roasts my almonds that there hasn't been a great movie adaptation of a Dirk Pitt novel yet.

>>83035216

Loved the hell out of this when I was young. I think it really laid the groundwork for all of the "Awkward Tension/Cringe" humor that's around today, but in this it never goes overboard or tries to sell the social awkwardness too much.

>>83035286

I almost always ended up watching this with my dad around Christmas time when I was a young'un. It's kind of surprising to think about how badly it did when it first came out compared to the kind of "cult hit" it is now...
>>
>>83034599
actually would not have minded there being more mcchanuaghghehe as dirk pitt movies
>>
File: Nice One Mate.jpg (129KB, 611x764px) Image search: [Google]
Nice One Mate.jpg
129KB, 611x764px
>>83034775
Fuck. Yes.

This right here is fucking ultimate summer comfy, man. Any other comfy sailboat movies out there?
>>
File: deathandthepoolguy.jpg (18KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
deathandthepoolguy.jpg
18KB, 182x268px
A Bigger Splash (2015)

The vacation of a famous rock star and a filmmaker in Italy is disrupted by the unexpected visit of an old friend and his daughter.

not a flick as such, but still summer-time feels
>>
File: Forget.jpg (61KB, 358x500px) Image search: [Google]
Forget.jpg
61KB, 358x500px
Dude goes on tropical trip to forget his ex. Ex is there with new boyfriend. High and low jinks ensue.
>>
File: vinceiskill.jpg (15KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
vinceiskill.jpg
15KB, 182x268px
>>83038527
ah thanks forgot about that one

also in the same vein:

Couples Retreat (2009)

A comedy centered around four couples who settle into a tropical-island resort for a vacation. While one of the couples is there to work on the marriage, the others fail to realize that participation in the resort's therapy sessions is not optional.
>>
File: Wander.jpg (81KB, 290x430px) Image search: [Google]
Wander.jpg
81KB, 290x430px
>>83039626
For some reason I immediately thought of this.

A couple with corporate jobs who live in Manhattan lose their jobs and decide to move to a hippie commune where, well, everyone else is a free-loving hippie.
>>
File: Evolution_movie.jpg (27KB, 299x440px) Image search: [Google]
Evolution_movie.jpg
27KB, 299x440px
>>
File: midlifecrisis.jpg (18KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
midlifecrisis.jpg
18KB, 182x268px
Six Days Seven Nights (1998)

Robin Monroe, a New York magazine editor, and the gruff pilot Quinn Harris must put aside their mutual dislike if they are to survive after crash landing on a deserted South Seas island.
>>
>>83040304
The world needs more stranded-on-a-tropical-island movies that aren't Robinson Crusoe adaptations. I fucking love each and every one of them.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.