[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2017 >Watching Lord of the Rings Why do you watch ch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: george-rr-martin.jpg (31KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
george-rr-martin.jpg
31KB, 620x413px
>2017
>Watching Lord of the Rings

Why do you watch childish banalities when based fatman put Tolkien in his place?

Take it away, George.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K3H-FjEhkw
>>
>>83032357
i can't wait to see this fat nerdo drop dead.
>>
Who cares, just enjoy the media you want.
>>
>>83032357
He's not wrong. GoT is much more complex than LotR, not that there's anything wrong with enjoying simplistic stories of Good vs. Evil.
>>
T A X P O L I C Y
A
X

P
O
L
I
C
Y
>>
taxposting is fun and all, but all he's saying is that he wants to write fantasy stories that focus on different details. I mean he only calls himself 'RR' because he's a big Tolkien fan
>>
>>83032357
>GRRM talking shit about how tolkien finished his fantasy series
George...
>>
>>83032357
What was Ned Stark's tax policy?
>>
>>83032357
The title is a little misleading and unfair. George R.R. didn't outright bash Tolkien or say Tolkien got anything wrong. He's just explaining that he likes to take certain aspects of storytelling further, because that's his preference.
>>
>>83033108
>>83033353
>he wants to write fantasy stories that focus on different details
Like dysentry, food and fat pink masts. I can't recall much every being said about taxes or the economy except the crown owes money to the Iron Bank, but it doesn't really matter anyway
>>
>>83033353
he likes to gild the lily when writing his awful nerdfiction because like most nerds he confuses 'long and complicated' with 'deep and mature'.
>>
>>83033402
You probably never read any historical fiction did you? These things are common in plenty of books,but because it shows up in fantasy it is unforgivable?
>>
>>83033948
No, it's that he talks out his arse about this shit, bringing up shit he himself barely touches on. It almost seems like he's not confident in his own material, authors should let their work speak for them
>>
>>83032357
GRRM is a fucking hack and that he goes around trash talking Tolkien.

Fuck it triggers me every time
>>
Why are 4chan babies so insecure over Gurms statements?
>>
>>83032357
Reminder that GRRM will
NEVER
EVER
EVER
finish the series. GOT's ending will be the only ending you bookfags EVER get so I hope you enjoy it.
>>
>>83034041
>he's not confident in his own material, authors should let their work speak for them

Considering that it is an immense success, because of the things that he said...
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.