[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just watched this movie. What a masterpiece of lighting, cinematography

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 51VPVWD57DL.jpg (35KB, 321x475px) Image search: [Google]
51VPVWD57DL.jpg
35KB, 321x475px
Just watched this movie. What a masterpiece of lighting, cinematography and symbolism.
Are the other Powell and Pressburger movies just as awesome? I feel shame for how long this has been on my hard drive unwatched.
>>
>>83025425
The Red Shoes, but Narcissus is better. Martin Scorsese loves this movie btw. I love the imagery of Byron.
>>
>>83025598
Gonna watch this next.
We both are the only ones here who watched this movie? How pleb is /tv/?
>>
>>83025425
a matter of life and death is great too, powell and pressburger were the masters of technicolor
also recommend colonel blimp
>>
>>83025425
They are usually pretty amazing. if you can post some clips on this thread others might enjoy looking through. i still dont understand why 4chan doesn't allow mp4's if they did i would be rolling in content i could post
>>
Has anyone seen Peeping Tom? How does it fare with the other Archers’ works?
>>
File: peepingtom19601080pblur.png (1MB, 1784x1080px) Image search: [Google]
peepingtom19601080pblur.png
1MB, 1784x1080px
>>83026636
i've seen it, it's great
a lot more grounded than something like the red shoes, but visually it's stunning and it plays with themes like the power of the camera, the truth of image, nurture, science and obsession
also has a weird pre-code feel to it, along with a hitchcockian influence

worth checking out
>>
>>83026636
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GItFNbLVCs
>>
>>83026582
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pQc1cE8roA
This scene was one of the best. Might be because I'm a bit drunk but I had tears in my eyes several times watching this movie. Just because how beautifully shot it is.
>>
>>83026935
>hitchcockian influence
Absolutely the scene in with the red filter was so Hitchcock (Marnie, Rope).
I do think this movie did it better.
Just one weak scene in it. The quasi collage with the many cuts didn't fit in too good. The rest was pure cream. 9/10 movie for me.
>>
File: Narcissus_Ruth_fullshot.jpg (79KB, 375x273px) Image search: [Google]
Narcissus_Ruth_fullshot.jpg
79KB, 375x273px
Probably the truest interpretation of woman ever committed to screen.
>>
>>83027382
Well, as I saw it she was the other darker side of Deborah Kerr's character not a different person.
I saw that more symbolic than shown.
Sister Clodagh's white pious side won the fight against the lusty red side. She didn't give in to Mr. Dean in the end, although they both knew they loved each other. It's not morally judging. I took the movie quite critical of religious institutions.
>>
Opie you should check out Minnelli's and Preminger's Technicolor films
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.