[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this never talked about here? Why didn't it stand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1467385489854.jpg (176KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1467385489854.jpg
176KB, 600x450px
Why is this never talked about here? Why didn't it stand the test of time? Snakes on a Plane was literally the first meme movie and saw unprecedented amounts of hype on the internet.

I remember seeing countless threads about Snakes on a Plane years ago on /b/, then it all fizzled into obscurity. "I've had it with these motherfuckin snakes on this motherfuckin plane!" was a huge meme back in the day. Why didn't it hold up /tv/? Also, what'd you guys think of this piece of shit meme movie.
>>
Snakes on a Plane came out before the post-ironic metamemetic age. The memes for the movie were just too normie and too simple to evolve (mutate?) into something like Baneposting or sheevposting. Also, the film proudly embraced the meme status and I think this weakened it's meme potential. The meme was already very popular with normies and therefore unappealing to 4chan poster. The movie was also very terrible so the fun and games kind of died out as soon as people saw the film. After you hear Samuel Jackson say 'le motherfucking snakes on le motherfucking plane', what else is there to laugh about?
>>
Why is this board so obsessed with memes?
>>
>>83025418
The movie is one of a kind though. It came out right as internet culture was starting to become pop culture but before everything was coated in self aware '7 layers of irony'.
>>
>>83025043
The entire movie is based on one line, that's not enough to justify 100 minutes. It's something that should have been a SNL skit.
>>
>>83025511
Because this is a shitposting board. It should be retitled
>/tv/ - Television, Films, & Memes
It's all this board is good for.
>>
>>83025561
Mmm sweetie please stop you're embarrassing yourself
>>
>>83026041
How so?
>>
>>83025511
The majority of 4channers are teens - early 20s. You figure it out.
>>
this movie was kino, only plebs think otherwise. as if all of you dont kek when you see it on tv and he says monkey flyin snakes on this monday to friday plane
>>
>>83026085
30 here
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.