[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /tv/ pretend to hate Harry Potter? This series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: Severus_Snape_as_Headmaster.jpg (372KB, 2136x2850px) Image search: [Google]
Severus_Snape_as_Headmaster.jpg
372KB, 2136x2850px
Why does /tv/ pretend to hate Harry Potter? This series is kino as fuck.
>>
"No!"
>>
>>83009531
Yes!
>>
>>83009475
>Why does /tv/ pretend to hate Harry Potter?
They don't unfortunately, everyone seems to like this shit series.
>>
Kino? More like ki-"no!"
>>
>>83009648
>They don't unfortunately
Yes they do, newfriend. There's a ridiculous copypasta(referenced by >>83009531 & >>83009704 ) that appears in every Potter thread and every Potter thread is bogged down by endless shitposting.
>>
>>83009475
Not the whole thing. The first one was watchable. The one with Gary Oldman too. Then the last two were nicely darker, but i still feel a movie on Severus would have been much, much better and interesting than all this pompous saga.
>>
File: 1487421952988.jpg (2MB, 1869x2324px) Image search: [Google]
1487421952988.jpg
2MB, 1869x2324px
Harry Potter is one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

TLDR: If you're a numale potterdrone then try /lit/
>>
Azkaban, Half-Blood Prince, and one of the Hallows were quite kino. Everything else is kinda meh.
>>
>>83009747
You only say that because Rickman made Snape much more compelling than he ever was in the books. By the time it's revealed that Snape was basically a good guy the series is over, Rickman is too old to play a younger Snape, and no one could ever do a competent "young Rickman" impression to play a younger Snape.
>>
>>83009865
Well i know...and now we will never know anyway cause he's gone forever. He was an underrated talent, man.
>>
>>83009752
this is the fucking truth
>>
because theyre protocapeshit trash
why is it our fault you have no taste or a cinema governed mind
>>
As a kid I liked it
But now the fanboys make me cringe

MORE THAN STARWARS FANBOYS
they had a reason to do it
>>
>>83009903
>He was an underrated talent, man.
Not to Potter fans. His death was pretty crushing to the Potter fanbase.
>>83009908
It's literally filled with lies and uses a facetious image.
>>83009930
>theyre protocapeshit trash
>featuring little kids and schoolwork
Full retard.
>>
>>83009752
>atlas shrugged
always. always. whats up with this memebook and why do you autist list it the highest everytime?
>>
>>83009931
>But now the fanboys make me cringe
>MORE THAN STARWARS FANBOYS
>they had a reason to do it
But Star Wars is a garbage franchise and its fanboys literally won't ever shut the fuck up about how awesome their stupid movies are. The Potter fanbase is pretty fucking low key for how diehard they are.
>>83010009
It's meant to be facetious. /tv/ is overrun by /pol/ and those retards think Ayn Rand was brilliant.
>>
>>83009475
A teen can skip HP with nothing of value lost.
>>
>>83010167
The same can be said about all entertainment, you pseudo-intellectual fuckwit.
>>
>>83010213
Well back then the powers that be treat it like a rite of passage and a craze. Niggers with books, there were NIGGERS WITH BOOKS!
>>
>>83010329
Are you retarded or just autistic?
>>
I was autistically obsessed with the books so I wasn't thrilled with the creative direction they took with the movies. Too dry and gloomy. Too much fucking turquoise filter. And wtf was with their haircuts in Order?

But I know this isn't an uncommon opinion.
>>
>>83009604
>he still thinks luna looks like this today
"No!"
>>
>>83010559
>And wtf was with their haircuts in Order?
Apparently Radcliffe and Grint were feeling overwhelmed by the fame and that was their quiet way of protesting. Radcliffe was also already an alcoholic at that point, so I guess he needed a sloppy haircut to match.
>>
>>83010786
>he still thinks luna looks like this today
Literally no one said that, you raging autist.
>>
>>83009475
overall its meh but it does have some amazing moments, especially when you are young. rewatch wise only azkaban and half-blood have any value
>>
>>83010009
>taking a brain meme list seriously
>>
>>83009865
well he was a fag in his youth so who would even want to see that? He was not a good guy, he was on the side of good.
>>83009903
I liked him since die hard. always found his story inspirational
>>
>>83010056
star wars has lots of memes. potter only has "yar a wizard, harry" and sexually aggressive potter posts
>>
>>83011170
He directed a movie with Emma Thompson that i'm pretty fond of. Called "Winter's guest".
>>
>>83010329
powers that be were right. you don't have to watch it, I did not watch breaking bed but if its going to be a big part of your group than its best to watch. + reading something that was labeled as forbidden is tempting to kids, I only picked up the first book because of all the churchfags, I was like 7 so its not like I was in an angry teen phase
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.