[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"You want it to be one way, but it's the other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 22

>"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"

What did he mean by this?
>>
>you want this show to be entertaining but it's the opposite
>>
>>82982342
>you want to be patrician, but you're pleb
>>
the security guard wanted marlo's name not to be his name but he reminded him that his name is in fact his name
>>
dats sum spiderman shit
>>
how does a young man like himself rise so quickly through the ranks??
>>
File: lestertrollingmarlo.jpg (42KB, 572x400px) Image search: [Google]
lestertrollingmarlo.jpg
42KB, 572x400px
>I want some of dat peppah stake

what did Cool Lester Smooth mean by this?
>>
This quote stuck with me too, actually thought a lot about it.
I guess Marlo taught the security guard a tough lesson about life. Even if you think you are in the right and have good intentions, things in life aren't always the way you want them because you might cross paths with a greater force that doesn't have the least amount of concern about neither your life, nor any kind of conventional morality and there's nothing you can do. This greater force cannot be stopped or negotiated with and if you stand in it's way, it tears you apart like a tornado without remorse or regret. From the security guard's perspective Marlo is such a force, someone who operates on a completely different level of existence, therefore disregards the everyday rules and morals of society and only acts according his own rules.
>>
>>82983183
Fooking this. Marlo was a next level character. I don't know if villain is a fitting term. A force is much better
>>
>>82982805
roofless, like the coupe, but he comes with more features
>>
File: freeman.webm (1MB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
freeman.webm
1MB, 704x480px
>>82982883
that sherlock holmes nigga had the best ending of them all.
>>
>>82984897
>making a ho a housewife

nigga that ending is more tragic than marlo becoming a nobody
>>
name a comfier show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDpvkwBBu6U
>>
>>82982557
Are you saying that his name is his name?
>>
File: 15.gif (4MB, 344x367px) Image search: [Google]
15.gif
4MB, 344x367px
>>82984938
ain't no ho no mo.
>>
>>82982267
I ain't disrespecting you, son.
>>
The man wanted it to be one way, but it was in fact not the way he wanted it to be.
>>
File: 6.gif (3MB, 422x376px) Image search: [Google]
6.gif
3MB, 422x376px
>>82982267
slike a nigga can't... yo FUCK marlo, and anybody think its ok to do people this way!
>>
>>82985304
bodie and marlo in a room alone, no weapons, just will. who wins?
>>
>>82985340
Marlo
>>
Should I watch season 4? I just finished season 3
>>
>>82982267
Of all the scenes in The Wire this one really stuck with me, and whenever I see something in this world I just cannot believe is happening I think of it. It works so well to describe almost anything. And the futility of it all.

I've been thinking about it a lot recently. A lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=409Pjtq7jzY

There's a lot of stuff I found completely cartoonish about Marlo (dual wielding handguns with perfect accuracy) and more than a few times he came off as just some malevolent force of power and greed rather than a human being but the little lines he did have that showed off his ethos were always so captivating.

I still remember when he shot that hooker in the mouth goddamn.
>>
>>82982267
I assume every black person is like Marlo, but with the intelligence of a rock.

Around blacks, never relax senpai
>>
You guys are making Marlo out to be some higher level thinker but he's just another drug dealing fuccboi from the projects. Avon was a tougher and cooler character than Marlo by a long shot. And I'd even say stringer was smarter than Marlo albeit a bitch nigga that ultimately for himself killed by a couple hard, junk yard bow tie wearing negroes.

Marlo meant that the security guard was a low level citizen and even tho he may thought he had some sense of authority in the community , Marlo and his gang/wealth run the show. The guard is used to younger men bowing down but marlo is too dangerous.

It's not deep it's just some straight up, mad niggerish banter.
>>
>>82985429
no
>>
>>82985340
bodie

marlo is a twink, his intimidation comes from the fact that 100 other people will kill you if you fuck with him. never threw hands in his life
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCaBYEEFTKE

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>82985053
Don't make me play it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGXhmz1bEfg

Dr. Dre is on the board of Apple Inc.
>>
>>82985429
Most entertaining season of the show desu
>>
>>82985489
Did you not watch the fucking show?
>>
>>82985468
>Avon and Stringer were smarter than Marlo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRmc9IPGmiA
>>
>>82985489
well he grew up in a group home so chances are he did.
>>
>>82985489
>his intimidation comes from the fact that 100 other people will kill you if you fuck with him.

And how exactly do you think Marlo got 100 killers working for him?
>>
best scene in the show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaA0nmn8_fk
>>
>>82985636
by being willing to break all the rules and common decency codes that the other drug kingpins had so he was seen as more ruthless and intimidating

he would never fight you mano y mano he would just have some other punk kill and kill your whole family
>>
>>82985728
Again did you not watch the show?

He literally leaves the party in his suit and gets in a fight.
>>
>>82985467
seriously just about every black character on the wire seems to be about a hundred times more intelligent than their real life counterparts
>>
>>82985728
>he would never fight you mano y mano

I'm not sure you watched the show.

And everyone remember. Marlo outsmarted Prop Joe, who was the smartest nigga in the game. And people are saying Avon was smarter gtfoh.
>>
Is Frank the most sympathetic character ever made?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NmUsG9eQKg
>>
>>82985923
Great scene anon.
>>
who /propjoe/ here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyewqmAKHto
>>
>>82985923
He was a stupid corrupt Union President and people like him are the reasons why Unions are dying out in America.

Seriously Union President is literally one of the most corrupt jobs you can have, regardless of what union you are running. And no, MUH FAMILY MUH BOYS WE USED TAH MAKE SHIT IN THIS CUNTRY is not an excuse for his absolute failings and criminal activities. His fate was sad, but only because he should have been in prison after testifying, not killed.
>>
>>82985923
Also every American actor on this show either came from Harvard or Yale, why are those colleges so elite?
>>
Tell me about his name, why does he wear the name?
>>
>>82982267
He meant "They don't think it be like it is, but it do".
>>
>>82986063
that dude was a real nigga
>>
>tfw you're about to get wacked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga8MJsFtsmM
>>
>>82985728
In the "my name is my name" scene where he's pissed off at everyone, it becomes clear he is prepared to step up to anyone to protect his reputation. Part of the reason he's so angry in that scene is because he knows people are going to call him out for being thrown in jail while Omar continues to trash his rep after the failed attempt at killing him. Also have to remember that he was the one who initiated the war with Avon by making the first move.
>>
>>82985668
Avon is lowkey a top 5 character.
>>
>>82986112
before the tech sector took off schools like harvard and yale were the only place you could go to become a 1%'er. They were extremely hard to get into, you had to know somebody, not like it is now where you just have to be born some oppressed minority
>>
What show?
>>
>>82982267
you don't think it be like it is, but it do
>>
>>82983183
Good post, thanks.
>>
the acting in this show is so damn good
>>
Official real robert hours character power rankings
For another pulled pork sandwich and some more tater salad I could go a few more tier
>slim charles
>prop joe
>stringer
>jay landsman
>wee bey
>rawls
GOT DAT WMD GOT DAT WMD tier
>marlo
>bodie
>herc
>cutty
>fruit
>marlo
>clay davis
>burrell
>bunk
>frank sobatka
>the greek
shit bird baby jail tier
>omar
>lester
>kima
>cheese
>kima
>bubbles
>daniels
>D'angelo
>>
>>82985511
This scene is amazing.
>>
>>82986253
The Cable
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0vgw-PeSFc

Cold as fuck
>>
>>82986164
What is it with black people and aquariums?
>>
>>82982805
Ever see the chess scene?
>>
>>82986540
White people love them too
>>
File: avondaniels.jpg (26KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
avondaniels.jpg
26KB, 576x432px
>>82982267
>season 3 of the wire aired in fucking 2004 (which means it was probably written in 2003)
>plotline features police using cell phone inteceptors provided for CT uses in a routine drug investigation
>takes the media LITERALLY a decade to start reporting on this

I know Simon and Burns had some damn good connections in the BPD to get these kinds of details, but damn if that isn't an insane time difference.
>>
>>82986297
Pit sandwich.
>>
What was Chris's endgame?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLxnfllkGYI
>>
>>82986729
Black people are on another level with it though. I knew a couple black dudes that spent more money on their aquarium setups than they did on anything else.
>>
File: 92437070.jpg (20KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
92437070.jpg
20KB, 152x254px
>>82986910
>>82986297

>tfw eating a chicken and horseradish sauce sandwich with some mac and cheese right now because of this thread
>>
>>82985489
The last episode begs to differ - Marlo handily deals with 2 guys at the same time, one with a gun and one with a knife, even after antagonizing them into initiating the fight (so no sucker punch). The whole point of the scene is to show that Marlo is an OP brawler and legitimately extremely tough despite his calm demeanor. This further contextualizes why he was so angry that Omar was slinging his name in the streets and no one told him.
>>
>>82983183

upvoted
>>
>>82985603
Avon very clearly demonstrated how much better he was than Marlo during the prison exchanges.

Avon was imprisoned with no known release date and even when removed from any real authority carried enough respect that he was able to negotiate deals while incarcerated that Marlo couldn't despite being a free man with limitless resources at his disposal.

Avon is just waiting for his term to be up however long it may be and he'll get out and be back in top bet it 2 years or 20.

Marlo could never hope to reach that level and was doomed from the start by his own methods to fade into obscurity.
>>
>>82982805
>>82982805

he didnt rise through the ranks at all

he created his own ranks. his own pharmacutical company, real niggaz Lt. Inc.

on a more serious note. marlo as a character was supposed to represent a remarkable yet somehow anonymous part of american ghetto history in the 90s

at a certain point in the drug war, politicians and law enforcement came to the incorrect conclusion that in order to halt the drug trade they would need to arrest the men behind the scenes as opposed to just arresting junkies

in the show, this is represented by avon barksdale, who, as the captain put it, is some ghetto nigger hes never heard of, and one of the very first scenes in the show is him informing mcnulty of how much of an idiot he is for informing the judge about him

when avon barksdale gets arrested, it creates a vacuum, a hole in the ghetto nigger economy. marlo sees an opportunity to fill this hole and absorb avon barksdale clients

these young niggers are brought up on inflated stories of glory and riches and have always wanted to take barksdales place, and now they have the perfect opportunity to do so since avon is forced to stay off the radar to avoid the cops

marlo is what happens when you upset the established order in the nigger ghetto economy. wild, ambitious and reckless individuals who all have to fight for their right to exist in the nigger ghetto economy, or NGE for short. the most ruthless ones rise to the top

this is not just some fucking hypothetical unrealistic scenario in a kike tv show. this actually happened in the 90s, but you shitkids are too young to remember that. the wire shares this paradox with generation kill. both shows are so accurate in depiction reality that the viewer sees it as unrealistic, because of how unrealistic american tv shows usually are
>>
I shoplifted because I was inspired by Marlo.
>>
>>82986297
no sergei? did he have teeth? or hands? then it wasnt us.
>>
>>82983183

this. Reminds me of that upper middle class urban white lady who got held up by some ghetto nigga and she kind of smirked and dared him to shoot her so he blew her fucking brains out on the spot.
>>
>>82986729

no, black people fucking love them
>>
>you want there to be justice and the world to make sense, but it doesn't

bravo simon
>>
>>82989588
marlo's character is actually based on an actual drug kingpin. oddly enough the basis of his character was active a decade earlier in the '80s.
>>
Did Slim Charles win "the game"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nus8PGZzVw
>>
>>82990078
Is that in the show or something that happened? Clip?
>>
>Compassion for human hurt, a humble sense of our impermanence, an absolute valuation of justice—all our so-called virtues only trouble us and serve to bolster, not assuage, horror. In addition, these qualities are our least vital, the least in line with life. More often than not, they stand in the way of one’s rise in the welter of this world, which found its pace long ago and has not deviated from it since.
>>
>>82986076

>hehe goy! play by the unfair rules and go fuck yourselves while we rob the country blind and just get your cucked representatives to tax you to death to pay us for any money we lost!
>>
>>82990318
>>82990078
Anyone?
>>
>>82990498
>>82990318
it didn't happen in the show I know that for sure, I've seen The Wire 5 times and that never happened
>>
>>82990318

no, it was in real life. some rich hipster bitch in jew york didnt understand people like that operate on a totally different mental level and that daring him to do something is basically like forcing a normie to suck your dick
>>
>>82990523
>>82990565
Ah. Thanks, men.
>>
why do plebs hate season 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx3VpW8x5-w
>>
>>82990645
i think it's because if you're marathoning the show it's such a jarring break from season 1

you expect it to pick up with the characters you've grown to give a shit about, and all of a sudden it's "white trash on the docks" out of the blue
>>
>>82990565
is there a news article on this somewhere?
>>
>>82990645
FUCKING ZIGGY
>>
>>82987112
>>82990161
White people fucking love aquariums. Who the fuck are yall trying to fool?
>>
which way would you guys prefer it? one way? or the other?
>>
>>82990726
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicole_duFresne
>>
>>82990645
They're either plebs who thought it was only gonna be a show about cops vs. gangsters or they're white-hating liberals who wanted it to be a show with mostly black cast every season

Season 2 is every bit as good as seasons 3 and 4 and better than 1 or 5
>>
Why did McNulty blow his life up?
>>
>>82991026
reading that made me somehow hate niggers just a bit more
>>
>>82990645

because they dont understand local politics or union corruption, they only understand niggers selling drugs and people killing eachother
>>
File: woops.jpg (48KB, 632x473px) Image search: [Google]
woops.jpg
48KB, 632x473px
>>82991156
>You got what you wanted. What are you going to do now, shoot us?

kinda sounds like her fault after challenging the guy holding a gun in front of his degenerate friends
>>
>>82991156
She wanted to be a big shot and mouth off. Sure there was alcohol in her system and she was speaking out of hurt and concern but, fuck, pick your battles.
>>
>>82991303
>>82991329
She was frustrated and she reacted poorly but that doesn't give the nigger who had already robbed her any more leeway in shooting her in the skull
>>
>>82988883
>the prison exchanges

That scene is so great to rewatch after you learn that all Marlo cares about is respect, Avon made him look like an idiot and he probably got really mad

>let me help you find your tongue
>>
File: 1293057969248.jpg (10KB, 264x282px) Image search: [Google]
1293057969248.jpg
10KB, 264x282px
>watching clips of the wire on youtube because of this thread

>"where do you see yourself in 10 years?" project

>"ay I wanna be a neurosurgeon like dat one nigga. Whats his name?"

>Ben Carson
>>
>>82991368
No one is fucking saying that. But she lacked tact. You don't talk sideways to someone with a gun, period. No one is saying she deserved what she got but it's expected. Though the reason why they got mugged in the first place sucks.

>Ashley Evans, Fleming's girlfriend and the instigator of the attack, was sentenced to six years in prison as part of a plea deal in which she pleaded guilty to first-degree robbery. Evans reportedly told police that she decided to start a fight with one of the women in the group because they annoyed her by being cheerful and laughing

For literally nothing.
>>
File: Under the bridge.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Under the bridge.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
GOAT scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMe-3jFdwLY
>>
>>82991329
reminds me of the bill burr bit about how women develop this mentality that they're free from repercussions shit talking men because it's not socially acceptable to hit em

compared to when you're a guy and you run your mouth and get the shit kicked out of you, so you learn quick
>>
>>82982267
Really though I hope Simon makes another show like this. Treme was ok, not interesting to me, but it was written well. But if we can get another crime drama I will fucking be ecstatic.
>>
>>82991471
>You know how much of a dick I would be if it was socially unacceptable to kick the shit out of me?
>Dude, I would be trashing everybody I saw.
>But I can't do that. Every guy has a line, and if I cross the line, I get blasted in the face. Totally acceptable.
>>
>>82991368
sounds like she wanted it to be one way

but it's the other way
>>
>>82991471
I remember that bit. Classic Billy. That's definitely the mentality that got her into this and is why she's no longer walking around today. Like no one is advocating that you should go out and beat women but they fuckin' do things to warrant it from time to time. And because society is structured so that every dispute automagically favors them it can breed this thought pattern that they can say or do whatever they want and escape conviction. In reality the punishment the man sees for losing their temper and getting physical--which is a thing most women push guys into doing but don't expect to happen to 'em--is like the equivalent of smacking tall children. You shouldn't do it. But some of them deserve it. How else can they learn?

Sucks that chick got scrubbed for literally fucking nothing, though. But there's a lesson there--one everyone should know: Don't be a hero when a guy with a gun instigates something.
>>
File: gang of youths.jpg (18KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
gang of youths.jpg
18KB, 500x373px
>>82991026
when seven youths accosted and mugged
>youths
>>
>>82991661
i'd rather be the alive coward than the dead smartass
>>
>>82991661
>>82991423
>>82991368
literally this scene

https://youtu.be/11pfnIFiSFw?t=88

>i feel sorry for your mother

could have just let them walk out
>>
>>82984336

Possibly the greatest antagonist in TV history. The fact this actor hasn't gotten better roles is inexplicable. I was stoked to see him in Quarry on Cinemax in a supporting role, but he gets murkef
>>
>>82986770
the whole show feels timeless.
>>
>>82985518
Dr. Dre married a whore, he doesnt know jack shit.
>>
File: String-Avon.jpg (261KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
String-Avon.jpg
261KB, 1024x576px
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>82992244
unironically String

he thought they could move up to the next level and it was delusions of grandeur. clay davis played him for a fool. all they ever knew was the corner life, a couple community college econ classes isnt changing that

stay in your lane basically
>>
>>82992244
Stringer. He tried to be something he wasn't and was in way over his head.

Avon knew what he was and knew he would never change. Such a great character.
>>
>>82992244
they both were really. String was no businessman and he was gullible as fuck, falling for a grifting politician's schemes. Sometimes you forget how limited these characters' world is, they are fucking helpless outside of their projects. There's an episode in season 5 where Marlo is amazed by the notion of electronic banking when he picks up his money in the Cayman Islands

But Avon was also wrong for putting so much importance on corners and not on profit. He could have had immense power and influence if he just stopped worrying about who was standing on his corners.
>>
>>82991156
>forgetting 100 years ago millions of men died in Europe for virtually nothing
Come on, Anon/
>>
>>82982805
>Be Avon
>Hold the Westside of Baltimore with horrendous product but some of the best muscle in Baltimore
>Have the cops and Omar take your muscle
>Forced to sit in jail with your streets lacking muscle, watching the Eastside come through with the superior product
>Be surprised when someone with no respect for the game shows up out of nowhere to absorb your old territory with semi-competent muscle compared to your braindead pawns

Avon had his reputation but that means jack shit with complete psychopaths like Marlo
>>
>>82984938
>Lester did what very few people were able to do with ease despite his age

I'd be jealous too
>>
>>82985429
>The Wire - Lord of the Flies edition

Do yourself a favor and watch it
>>
>>82992565
yeah it's easy to forget what his empire looked like from his perspective when he finally got out DA CLINK
>>
>>82986253
The String
>>
>>82986928
To get rid of Child molesters that remind him of his own past
>>
>>82992505
50 million men died in Europe to control the course of history.

And a million Africans hacked to death their neighbors 20 years ago because some guy told them to.
>>
>>82992244
>dude I had to kill dee because he would've given us all up lmao
>hi officer colvin here's the location of his hideout, don't make him serve more than 5 years please :(
>>
>>82986297
>he didn't include snoop tier
>>
File: 1492398778365.jpg (111KB, 1013x841px) Image search: [Google]
1492398778365.jpg
111KB, 1013x841px
>>82989588

Marlo is Simon's comment on Darwinian evolution eating itself. Marlo is the apotheosis of the Drug War, he's parallel to modern Mexico cartels literally praying to Saint Death, or ISIS, the idea of ISIS, fill in the vacuum of a principled operator like Saddam. He's the Great White shark, a literal force of nature as another anon described it. He reminds me of Mickey Knox's evolution speech about Natural Born Killers in Oliver Stone's film.

But what makes Marlo a remarkable character is that he's not le evil nor a barbarian. He's pure. He's literally anti Christ. We see him at the end, still learning. When he flies out to the offshore bank, it's a remarkable scene, an alien world that's made of entirely foreign colors, he steps foot in a heaven, and shivers because he's exited hell, but he also is hell. He's part of his environment in a way others in the series' kingpin hierarchy are not.

That why the "but it's the other way" quote is profound more than a decade later. I too reflect on it all the time. It sums up what happened to American in 2003, when bloodthirsty Zio neocons hijacked foreign policy, and threw down surveillance grids upon us. Shadow predatorial power rearing its horned head. The world isn't the way we want. It's headed toward Marlo turf. Perhaps it always was.

That quote is Shakespeare to me. That Marlo unsheathes his philosophy on a nobody, a street sweeper, is beautiful. With parsed words, he ells the man what he's too cowardly to tell himself: he has no future in our present. Marlo is the secular cold world speaking, and telling this man, no one will believe the world spoke to you, because there's no record of you, of the moment, because you don't even exist slave nigga.

Also, the way Marlo walked, I don't think any actor has convincingly earned that chest-out walk, except for this one. The walk came to the character, the character didn't come to it. Perfection in casting meeting writing.
>>
>>82993116
>50 million men died in Europe to control the course of history
You have to be delusional to believe this. You literally had entire platoons committing mutiny because of the senseless of the war.

Point is no matter what racial group, we're awful creatures.
>>
PLYMOUTH ROCK, GOT THAT PLYMOUTH ROCK!
>>
File: urff.gif (1000KB, 450x234px) Image search: [Google]
urff.gif
1000KB, 450x234px
>>82991423
niggers go around murdering and robbing people
sheboon nigress points out a pack a good looking white people trying to enjoy themselves and sicks her nigger baby daddy on them knowing he has a gun
>gets six years in prison in 2007
>released on parole in 2010
less than three years and this nigger who was 18 at the time has her whole life ahead of her and gets to pump out 4 or 5 more little niglets that the state will pay for to continue the cycle because you know she isn't gonna be taking them to church every sunday and even then the schools would turn them into animals anyways

fuck this gay earth. just need to start gassing entire prisons and streamline executions.
>>
>>82994034
who the fuck cares

there are heinous assholes in every race who arent even getting caught to begin with
>>
>>82991570
Simon is pretentious fuck who gets mad when people watch the show now as opposed to when it aired

"You like the show? That's nice, where were you when it was airing?"

Not a literal quote but he said something to that degree. Just seems like a smug jew who looks down on whites compared to his monkey buddies
>>
>favorite street character
>favorite cop
>favorite other (docks/politics/school/newspaper)

go
>>
>>82994089

His next HBO series The Deuce stars James Franco in dual roles. It's about the porno underworld of 1970s NYC. Sadly, it feels like a time drain of Simon's time and genius. Viewers are burnt out on all NYC edgy nostalgia, hence Vinyl is kill.
>>
>>82994071
of every race he says
yeah Im so sick of all those chinese hoodlums taking over housing projects and turning half of a city into an open air prison atmosphere running around killing eachother over nothing

fuck you
>>
>>82994089
I don't think that's pretentious, I think he's just salty as fuck about how people only like it now it no longer actually makes him money or furthers his career.
>>
>>82994329
call the fucking wahmbulance bro, what's your pussy ass doing about any of it
>>
>>82994329
>>82994071
Wrecked.

>>82994363
Semi-wrecked back, nice.
>>
>>82994184
>>favorite street character
slim charles
>>favorite cop
herc
>>favorite other (docks/politics/school
/newspaper)
the slimy jew levy
>>
>>82987112
fish can swim, its fantasy
>>
>>82986770
>takes the media LITERALLY a decade to start reporting on this
Reporting on what? Police wiretaps of cell phones? Everyone knew about it already. Why do you think the burners were a thing?
>>
File: 1488.jpg (102KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488.jpg
102KB, 600x600px
>>82994363
>>82994381

Im doing what any sane person with an ounce of reason and self respect is doing.
not being around niggers. ensuring that my family and loved ones dont live or go to school with niggers.
enjoying the complete lack of self awareness of niggers. enjoying the way they just completely butcher eachother and ruin eachothers lives because they cant even trust one another at all lest they be completely victimized. just when it spills over to innocent whites it makes me sick.
the entire world despises american nigger culture. but its being exported and promoted like its a cure for cancer instead of actual cancer.

t. the wire is my favorite show but even as real as it is it didnt display blacks as the truly subhuman violent animals they really are correctly
>>
>>82994629
I hate niggers too anon, but I feel like you're getting too invested in these negative emotions. There's no need to carry it like a disease, it's not healthy for you.
>>
>>82995100
not really
I had 2 black roomates for a few years, nothing but black out parties (black people a few years ago like to have huge house parties with all the lights off for some reason)
my boys were fucking cool. so were tank and sheldon.
but the rest of them just ripped eachother off and picked fights with eachother over nothing and talked fucking loud and rapped to themselves for no reason.
also
no black people have watched the wire
or read books and the wire is too close to a book
but goddamn if they cant just be joyful about everything. thats pretty remarkable and admirable about them. just able to get hype and facing down immense problems and they can shut off that worry and concern center.

still need a slim charles mini series to come out
>>
>>82982267
Marlo is the one on top, the guard at the bottom, and there's nothing the guard can do about it. It's just the way it is.
>>
>>82993743
>The world isn't the way we want. It's headed toward Marlo turf. Perhaps it always was.

Detective Marty Hart: You know, throughout history, I bet every old man probably said the same thing. And old men die, and the world keeps spinnin'.
>>
>>82997111
Trips of truth.
>>
Anyone ever had a pit beef sandwich? Are they actually good? The way Wee-Bey eats in that scene makes me hungry every time.
>>
>>82982267
>>
>>82994329
>yeah Im so sick of all those chinese hoodlums taking over
When's the last time black hoodlums threatened the world with nuclear holocaust? I'll wait.

Stop cherry-picking. Europeans were destroying themselves way before importing blacks
>>
File: 51620151126140[1].jpg (63KB, 480x486px) Image search: [Google]
51620151126140[1].jpg
63KB, 480x486px
>>82998092
>which is worse, nuclear holocaust or niggers
ill let you decide
>>
>>82998150
>atomic bomb versus a city neglected and abandoned
>billions of dollars in aid for reconstruction

You can't be serious, anon. They're not even in the same league.
>>
>>82998092
Nuclear holocaust has kept major war from happening for almost a decade friendo.
>>
>>82998664
Century. Not decade. Fucking tired.
>>
>abandoned
its not abandoned its just full of ninjas
>>
>>82982267
Corner talk.

>Own a corner
>Go away for a bid
>Corner gone

Niggers.

A white man would have held a corner for a bro.
>>
>>82998860
Get mad at Boston.

We holding that corner.
>>
>>82994184

Marlo
Ellis Carver
Unironically Carcetti
>>
>>82994184
String
Lester
Clay Davis
>>
Marlo's humanity were hinted at some scenes btw. They way he approached Mike was something insightful about his childhood. His pidgeons and the way he killed that Avon's girl spying on him was also weird. It was clear he had a tough childhood and has trust issues with people except Chris and Snoop.

And I believe out of all characters he had the coolest finale. The way he walked out of that business meeting and disarming some street thugs while feeling happy? Only Bubble's finale gave me similar feels but Marlo's was stronger.
>>
>>82990645
What was his fucking problem? Why couldn't he just get a different job?
>>
>>82994629
You are so so fucking salty, Jesus Christ, you're giving Carthage a run for its money
>>
i remember being able to discuss the wire on here yearsss ago
>>
>>82999318
Yeah well, thank m00t for allowing you know what to exist and thus allow you know who to get a foothold here. '''People''' here get triggered by black people merely existing.
>>
>>82999127
>coolest finale

I felt that it just highlighted how pathetic he was. Those two corner niggas were glamorizing Omar's death and didn't know Marlo's name, and yeah he beats them but his happiness is fleeting because he can never rule the only world he knew again.
>>
>>82992244
String. If he didn't have delusions of grandeur and didn't rat Avon out Marlo would have been killed off and Avon would remain on top.
>>
>>82998860
?
>>
>>82983183
That also applies to Prop Joe's death. He spent his whole life making compromises and cutting his losses in order to survive until his interests crossed paths with Marlo, who had no interest in half measures.
>>
>>82990332
holy fucking shit
its like hemingway this show
spot fucking on
>>
>>83001660

That's a Thomas Ligotti quote. Great author. Writes freaky shit.

If it was The Wire there would be at least one "fuck" in that quote.
>>
>>82990332
Without compassion for human hurt, without empathy, there's really nothing to rise to. We only know what joy and peace feel like because we know at this moment someone else is suffering.
>>
>>82982805
He doesnt

It's a made up story from a kike writer David Simon

Based moreso on the Russian Mafia and how the breakdown of Russia lead to the growth of young upcoming gangsters, which did happen

Simon however tries to pretend that a nigger born in the hood somehow gets educated enough by himself to figure out how to take on embedded gangs. Somehow he removes all people who know him so there's no way to harm him, he has no family, but he's fully educated and raised well, so someone raised him that doesn't exist anymore. And he's ruthless enough and wise enough to outwit guys who have been in the business for decades.

It's horse shit fantasy for white kids who think someone like Marlo could exist because it is possible but in reality it never happens.
>>
>>83002073
maybe we are not meant to "rise" toward anything

>As long as humankind recklessly proceeds in the fateful delusion of being biologically fated for triumph, nothing essential will change. As its numbers mount and the spiritual atmosphere thickens, the techniques of protection must assume an increasingly brutal character.

"techniques" in this case refer to isolation, anchoring, distraction and sublimation.
>>
>>83002632
> Zapffe believed that existential angst in humanity was the result of an overly evolved intellect, and that people overcome this by "artificially limiting the content of consciousness."[1]

Yeah I agree with this, and the "techniques" you mention. But what would he have us change to? We are born, in western society, into a society that tells you from birth that you can be #1. We are bombarded with media stating this. It is a staple of capitalism itself, allowing for the joy of competition, etc. What would he have us do instead? I'm fairly certain this is it for humanity as far as society goes. Distracting ourselves from shit.
>>
>>83002819
>>83002632
Bump.
>>
>>83002819
>>83002632
There's a film called The Sky Crawlers which has the entire world at "peace," putting on fake wars made up of cloned children. The idea behind this is that total peace would never be an option without constant reminder of one's own mortality. I bring this up, because it seems ordinary citizens in the film have abandoned any notion of becoming great themselves, opting to watch the war on television.
>>
>>83002819
>But what would he have us change to?

He would have us opt out of the cosmic joke by denying our biological imperative and no longer bringing new people into it. Mankind goes out on its own terms.

Good luck getting anyone on board with that though. Instead we will "recklessly proceed in the fateful delusion of being biologically fated for triumph"
>>
>>83004829
>Good luck getting anyone on board with that though
As well they shouldn't. One guy doesn't like how humanity is ending up and we should all fuck off to the nether? Nope.
>>
>>83004873
that is an extremely superficial take on his argument
>>
>>83004899
It's the only take. Capitalism isn't going away. People like holding on to the hope that they can achieve great things. He provides no insight into what humanity ought to change into. That about sums it up.
>>
>>83004929
the dude wrote this shit in the 1930s. it has nothing to do with the state of humanity, he couldn't give a fuck which direction it's going or what economic principle wins out

the point is human consciousness created a biological paradox leading us to believe we have selves and some grand purpose to be here on earth, which people only believe because it's more comforting than the alternative.

you are arguing about some shit you clearly know nothing about the premise of
>>
>>82982267
This scene always gets to me. The fact that they killed this guy over literally doing the right thing doesn't make any sense. To think that there exists people in this world exactly like Marlo is frightening.

This is why I try to be nice to everyone I meet and never snitch or question bad the bad actions of another. You never know who is rabid.
You have to think. A person who is brazen enough to steal in broad daylight must have a few screws loose.
>>
muh name
>>
>>82989588
Stop saying 90's. It's not that long ago.
>>
>>83004978
>leading us to believe we have selves
We do.
>and some grand purpose to be here on earth
Forgive me, but I interpreted this as having to do with religion and capitalism because I don't see any other way it could be applied. Maybe people who believe in astrology, and destiny, and fate, and crap like that I guess.

>you are arguing about some shit you clearly know nothing about the premise of
My question was what would he have humanity change into. You, or someone else, said he would rather we all die. That's not really an option, so it should not be entertained very long or too seriously. I then replied people should not die off just because he noticed some people labor under the delusion of some grand purpose.
>>
>>82989623
I shoplifted because I wanted some nigger security guard at Walgreens to try to stop me in my track suit, so I can tell him, "you want it to be one way." "hey you're under arrest!" "you want it to be one way but it's the other way." I said it calmly but he started throwing punches like a regular old Tyson and I went to county. It sucked plus they said it was a hate crime on my part because I'm white and apparently that's a thing. oh well. this show was aight but a tad bit ovarated my niggers. the russian shipping docks stuff was the best. except for the wiggers. wiggers are the worst people in this world.
>>
>>83005098
>russian

Polish you mong
>>
>>83005144
Gesundheit
>>
>>83004982
So if I punch you in the face and take your phone and wallet you'll do nothing? Good to know.
>>
>recommend the wire to my dad whose anything but a racist
>ask him how he liked it
>"Ending sucked, kinda wish the jigaboo got killed in the end?"
>what?
>nothing
>>
YO STRINGER WHERE DA FUCK IS WALLET?
>>
>>83005177
It would be extremely painful.
>>
is there any explanation as to why the final season is so awful?
>>
>>82994184

Omar
Bunk
Clay Davis
>>
File: mCnUTTY.jpg (413KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
mCnUTTY.jpg
413KB, 1280x718px
>actual The Wire thread with +100 replies
It's been fucking time, lads.
>>
>>82994184
>favorite street character
D'Angelo
>favorite cop
McNulty
>favorite other (docks/politics/school/newspaper)
Either Frank Sobotka or Levi

>>83005430
Sincerely, fuck you. The last season may be the weakest because of the newspapers plot line, but man oh man was it packed with some great scenes, i.e. McNulty getting analyzed, Snoop's death and it nicely wrapped everything up. It's still good compared to most shows.
>>
>>83002439

lel marlo isnt remotely educated, he is just ruthless, sociopath, and takes wild risks

he is as good as dead when avon's crew are getting tooled up with grenades and assault rifles; then they get arrested because of stringer
ratting

marlo is lucky is all, he just bulldozers through everything nearly dying at every turn before hitting big then returning to the streets which will probably kill him this time
>>
>>83006641
He is obviously educated in at least gang management. He knows he needs to have 0 people close to him who can be used against him. He knows he only has 2 bosses and everyone else is beneath them. That's literally how the Russian mafia operate.

David Simon just took the Russian mafia template and applied it to street gangs cause it's easier than actually admitting some kid doesn't come up and terrorize everyone without getting whacked by one or more group before he has a chance to assert any power.

How would Marlo have taken a single corner? As soon as he was operating he'd be paying protection money to somebody or infringing on territory and would get killed. If he's paying someone, where did they disappear to? If they disappeared, why didn't an older crew move in and take over the new kid?

It's all a fantasy created by Simon. Which is fair enough. He's a story teller, it's engaging and interesting. But it's not a realistic depiction of anything. And as he tries to maintain The Wire is real, it is dishonest.
>>
>>82998092
Can you fucking imagine how scary the world would be if African countries weren't so retarded that they could develop nuclear bombs? The only reason the world hasn't ended due to a nuclear holocaust is because mostly it's only the intelligent countries who have access to them. North Korea doesn't have functional missile silos but I would even trust that regime more than fucking Nigeria or Rwanda with access to nuclear missiles. There are many African presidents like Yoweni Musuveni who actually utilized child soldiers to win elections. And they're still in power.

To pretend that "oh we're all just equally terrible" is ridiculous.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIUlqmWCCcA
>>
File: McNulty.png (656KB, 700x526px) Image search: [Google]
McNulty.png
656KB, 700x526px
One of the most humane scenes in television and beyond. Fight me.
>>
>>82985023
how do you spell the noise she used to make?
>>
>>82982267
The security guard wanted them to have a normal father son relationship, and wanted Marlo to respect him. But Marlo didn't have any respect for him and in fact had pretty much disowned his father and had zero respect or feelings for him, and even had him killed later.
>>
>>82982267
He means asking the police are respected, and for Marlo to know and respect him as a person, but he is willing to fight for that honor. He says he is a man, but Marlo step to appear different and supported under. telling him Marlo could not find one way. You gain respect are willing to fight for. Marlo, for all its horribleness, was willing to die there in that corner instead of letting one respect him very little.
>>
>>83010394
One of the best I have read. Spot on.
>>
>>83010163
YUUURRP
>>
>>83010444
Thanks man. Exciting event information about this right now ... In my Podcast, I will do a series on the origins of the Israel-Palestine conflict and I just healed an event on the presence of culture in the Arab world, with a group in the way drug culture in the US the same school. You can check it out.
>>
>>83005333
I would've at least asked him which one
>>
>>82994329
actually the chinese are buying an inordinate amount of properties and pricing out natives in countries in the anglosphere.

So taking over housing projects is actually literally true and shady business practices abound
>>
I remember Mcnulty driving to this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gJCyx45zq0

Maximum comfy. Does anyone remember in which episode was it?
>>
>>83006833
>There are many African presidents like Yoweni Musuveni who actually utilized child soldiers to win elections.
The west has done this too dumbass.

>only the intelligent countries
Dumbest thing in this entire thread. Also do you realize how many close calls we've had? The world was almost turned into ash over a training exercise...
>>
>>82990161
>>82990906
MAN WHY WE MAKING LOOKING AT FISH A RACE THING

EVERYONE

LOOKING

AT

FISHES
>>
File: the pit.jpg (94KB, 810x535px) Image search: [Google]
the pit.jpg
94KB, 810x535px
>tfw rewatching s1 and knowing that everyone here except poot fucking died
>>
>>83013451
It would have turned to ash if Africans had nukes. Also name a single current Western leader who utilized child soldiers.

You're just lying to yourself if you don't see the differences in African savagery and the Western world. Obviously the West isn't perfect, and obviously there has been a wealth of violence, death and pointless devastation due to tribal alliances in the West, but nothing like what happened in Rwanda could happen in a civilized society.

And yes, I am defining countries as intelligent, African countries have an average IQ below that which is considered mentally retarded in the Western world
>>
>>83012808
wasn't that in season 1 when he got drunk in his car by himself and saw those two teenagers smashing car windows so he stumbled out and fell down the muddy hillside?
>>
>>82985429
>>82985429
Just watch the entire show no matter what you read on 4chan. And get out of this thread fool, you'll spoil everything for yourself
>>
>>83012085
You conveniently left out the second part of his statement about turning their neighborhoods into open air prisons with violence and crime reigning above all. Typically when Asians gentrify a neighborhood they increase housing prices
>>
>>82990681
This. First time I watched the entire show it took 4 or 5 days and I actually kind of disliked season 2. I rewatched the entire thing a year later and now S2 is my favourite.
>>
>>83006743
Literally nothing from the series resembled anything from the Russian mob even remotely.
The way Russian mafia is entrenched in the society, the people that run it highly educated and most of the time hold public office positions and the judgement and ruthless self policing. Read some books. Niggas in the show are completely wild Bespredel baboons, everything single one of them would classify as a torpedo, maybe besides String and Greeks
>>
File: 1466544538001.png (155KB, 992x1856px) Image search: [Google]
1466544538001.png
155KB, 992x1856px
>>82982267
Marlo telling it like it is.
He want to be respected like the NEET master race, but he nothing but a normie wageslave cuck and there nothing in between.
>>
>>83006833
>only the intelligent countries who have access to them

Remember the time MacArthur wanted to drop nukes on China? Remember the time they wanted to drop nukes on Vietnam. Good times anon.
>>
>>83013991
>poot goes from being a murderer to working at footlocker
I wonder how common that is in the hood
>>
>>83014712
>African savagery and the Western world
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Somme
>Bombing of Hiroshima
>226,000 dead in a flash
>Libyan Civil War
>now a failed state because of West intervention
If you defend this kind of savagery, you dont deserve to breath.
>>
>>83015300
>I can do anything I want with my spare time

Yes you can but 95% of the NEET people or other unemployed ones who say this won't leave their computer and they just shitpost on 4chan as long as they breathe.

I do this too since I got fired some time ago and haven't bothered to look for a new job
>>
>>82994184
Bodie

The Bunk

Prezbo as a teacher
>>
>>82984897
>wearing Converse

could you get any more white?
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.