[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the smoke has cleared, what did you think of this ending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: ww.jpg (28KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
ww.jpg
28KB, 600x337px
Now that the smoke has cleared, what did you think of this ending and the last series in general?

Do you think they went in the right direction? A lot of people here seem to hate S5 but won't articulate why.
>>
>>82965022
>out of nowhere final villains
>walt sick again
>walt becomes full on villain
>2 part, hank finds out
>new 1 dimensional characters
>should've ended with killing gus
>Jesse written to be a constant problem
>>
What would Walt have done if the guy guarding his car wasn't standing directly in the line of fire?
>>
>>82965228
Pick up a gun and kill him
>>
>>82965228
get cancer
>>
>>82965176
Pretty much this. The show should have ended with coherence instead of bringing in bigger, badder bad guys because they blew their load with established characters in season 4

I remember reading somewhere that they wanted the old wheelchair guy to be the final antagonist and I honestly don't know why they didn't go that route.
>>82965228
Oh yeah and his final master plan was just literally to gun down a roof full of people, he did way cooler shit over the course of the series
>>
>>82965022

It was a perfect ending. I was pleasantly surprised because I liked Walt and knew Vince Gilligan had always talked about Walt facing consequences in the end for what he did. He allowed him a last minute redemption arc though where he was able to admit he was being selfish but also assert that this is what he needed to feel alive. Which I think is true, he probably would've just wasted away and died as a pathetic overworked / underachieving school teacher who everyone would forget a few weeks after his funeral if he hadn't gone that other path. The way he was able to get the money to his kid where Mike and Saul failed was pretty neat too. He was allowed to fully embrace his role as a guile anti-hero who has the creative vision to find morally questionable workarounds for seemingly hopeless problems.
>>
>>82965273

>I remember reading somewhere that they wanted the old wheelchair guy to be the final antagonist and I honestly don't know why they didn't go that route.

He was too likable to be the final antagonist. Also he was defenseless. He was able to kill Gus by getting explosives strapped to his chair, but that wouldn't really work well against Walt since it'd be a sudden random death for the protagonist when what Walt needed was a prolonged death of his own doing to serve as payoff for everything that led up to it.
>>
>>82965328

>inb4 the Sopranos did a sudden random death for their protagonist

I know, and it was stupid. Just the fact they foreshadowed it by saying people like him die sudden random deaths doesn't make it good writing.
>>
>>82965022
>won't articulate why.
are you the newest person on /tv/?
>>
>>82965273
>I remember reading somewhere that they wanted the old wheelchair guy to be the final antagonist and I honestly don't know why they didn't go that route.
This would have been even more retarded.

Final antagonists should have been members of all the organizations Walt fucked over during the course of the series i.e. cartel hit squad, Czech mafia. There was so much fucking potential.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.