[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else have a problem getting into series with Fake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: Lexa.jpg (255KB, 500x751px) Image search: [Google]
Lexa.jpg
255KB, 500x751px
Does anyone else have a problem getting into series with Fake "Girl Power!" female heroes?

It's particularly flagrant in "Young Adult" genre. Shows like Fucking The 100, or movies like the Divergent or Hunger Games series. I mean let's be real, post apocalyptic there is no Fucking way these scrawny women are going to be in leadership roles. No Fucking way.

You're telling me this Lexa chick is some Warrior Commander? Yeah bullshit. She's a Fucking concubine at best.
>>
File: qt commander.jpg (148KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
qt commander.jpg
148KB, 1280x720px
they get a pass when they're cute
>>
>>82956533
no, because tough female characters are either relegated to side characters or romantic interest.
the trope is literally to insure female characters aren't totally useless aside from vagina.

Lexa has an AI chip in her brain so it works, but other females like octavia and clark are tough just for the sake of survivability in harsh settings.

Clarke literally can't operate without Bellamy
Octavia is more of a stealth warrior rather than battle tank like. So I let her slide.
>>
File: 1235234346346.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1235234346346.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
>clark will never sit on your face
>>
It's stupid but it happens so often that it's easy to suspend disbelief about it. Also it helps that I'm not an alt right teenage gamergate-spamming feminist-hating insecure virgin so I don't care about the "strong women" trope

Also I grew up on Xena
>>
>>82956723
The only woman on that show that truly don't need no man is probably raven, all the rest either rely heavily on others or repeatedly make terrible decisions
>>
>>82956744

That's such a Fucking lewd thing to be considering. Why would you ever want any woman to do such thing to you? It sounds a lot better on paper.
>>
File: LX I C.png (334KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
LX I C.png
334KB, 550x550px
>>
>>82956864
season 2 based engineer guy help raven get her mental and physical shit together, they bang and hes never sen again.
>>
>>82956533
>Does anyone else have a problem getting into series with Fake "Girl Power!" female heroes?
yes...I have to choke it down with the rest of the artificially injected garbage in the shows and I hate it. If that shit wasn't in it a show like the 100 would be fucking epic.

fuck political correctness. cant wait for the un-PC rebooting of present day shows by the next generation
>>
>>82956533
>>82956723
pretty much Lexa and Raven works, the rest are laughably bad

especially Clarke who is slowly evolving into Jabba, Octavia is straight-up cringefest

also Idra or whoever the nigger women is good too
>>
Lexa let Clarke jew her into being a pacifist and died for it. Not exactly unbelievable that a female leader be swayed by emotions.
>>
>>82956533

I felt the same way at the start of Into the Wasteland but it has top tier leather dom Mommy ninja and her loli eyebrow daughteru so I give it a pass and a fap
>>
>>82960246

meant badlands, whatever, show is pretty mediocre if not for my mommyfu
>>
>>82956864
This.

Raven is bae
>>
>>82956533
I'm torn by it. I'm all for girls getting positive representation as kickass heroes, that's how you want to tell your story then go for it.

When you shove them in for the sake of shoving them in, or you have some scrawny 19 y/o brunette who's clearly never had a hard day's work in her life taking on multiple heavily armed bodyguard dudes with ease, you both strain to make it believable (at least within the context of your story, unless you have a damn good excuse) and ruin the credibility of any woman who could actually kick their ass.

I think Atomic Blonde is gonna sidestep this, but by a fucking thread.
>>
>>82956533
>Lexa is my waifu
>dies
>Raven is my waifu
>gonna die
>fattie and cringey are still alive

shit show tbqh
>>
The proficiency of males is exaggerated in every TV show. Why should females be different?
>>
>>82956723
Octavia is nothing but cancer
>>
>tfw octavia murders pike in cold blood for executing her 30 something bf she's had for a few months and is never punished for it

Based Pike did literally nothing wrong and was the best leader the sky fucks ever had and some fucking brat kid gets away with his murder. Clarke is occasionally obnoxious but it's believable that a woman can be a strong leader type, even at a young age. Fucking octavia needs to die though. Most garbage character on the whole show.
>>
File: 1493368656011.webm (2MB, 740x416px) Image search: [Google]
1493368656011.webm
2MB, 740x416px
>>82956744
sounds uncomfortable my friend
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.