[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got back from Alien Covenant, and if there was any doubt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 41

File: maxresdefault.jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
I just got back from Alien Covenant, and if there was any doubt that Aliens was better than Alien, then it should be erased after seeing Ridley's newest monstrosity.

The characters were even dumber than in Prometheus, and the action was like a lukewarm version of Aliens. Then Ridley tries to rectify this by having philosophical themes which don't do anything. If this franchise is Ridley Scott's baby, then CPS needs to be called. He should never make another Alien movie ever again.
>>
did they end up going to the engineers home planet and finding out why they wanted to kill humans?
>>
>>82953107
Nope.
>>
File: 1495209711435.jpg (37KB, 562x518px) Image search: [Google]
1495209711435.jpg
37KB, 562x518px
>>82953038

>it's a talentless hack director makes a fluke film that everyone loves, then decades later returns to shit all over it and make a laughing stock of his own legacy episode

could have sworn this was a rerun...
>>
>>82953038
>Alien: Covenant proves Aliens is better than Alien! Ridley is a hack!
That doesn't make any sense and you know it. It's very common for artists to lose their touch when they get old. James Cameron hasn't made a great film since True Lies but that doesn't damage Aliens or his other old films.
>>
>>82953038
How does Alien Covenant retroactively make Alien worse than Aliens?
>>
>>82953147
but that was the cliffhanger at the end of prometheus. what the fuck? did they drop the engineers story?
>>
>>82953038
Explain to me in detail what you specifically found wrong with it. It seemed alright to me and it gave me a lot to think about.
>>
>>82953243

i think the point is that it shows how very little of what made Alien a classic came from Scott. it was a fluke and he got carried by the creative talents of others.
>>
>>82953275
It relied way too heavily on the idiocy of the characters to advance the story, like that one guy poking the spores like a kid and then brushing it off as if it was nothing. Then there's the captain who didn't know David's intention and just followed him into the place where he kept the eggs without question.

They never answered why David killed the Engineers or any of the other questions raised in Prometheus. Shaw getting killed off after surviving the events of Prometheus also seemed very cheap.
>>
>>82953609
>He didn't see the spores
>He couldn't have possibly known what the egg did. He was still cautious when he approached it
>They wanted to keep it a mystery so you can wonder about it so when you're done with the movie you can chew on it.
>>
>>82953247

Nope, David "kills" Shaw then carpet bombs the Engineers with the cylinders. even though in the previous film David expressed some regret in the end was and grateful to Shaw for saving him.
>>
>>82953729
that sucks. david is just a stupid android. the engineers were at least intriguing
>>
David killed the engineers because his egomaniacal and ambitious traits inherited from Weyland who "created him in his image". David even questions at the beginning why Weyland is the God if he will die and David won't. David considers himself superior. He has killed his creators and killed his creators' creator (the engineers) because he considers himself greater than them, a God and creator himself.

He is trying to perfect and create new xenos so he can assume the mantle as their one God.

It literally doesn't matter why the engineers turned on people. They probably saw their creation as fuck ups like biblical God did when he sent the flood.

"A king has his reign and then he dies". David is killing the old kings to make way for himself.

Pay afuckingttention
>>
So it's more symbolism rather than interesting characters, story, or Alienish visuals.
>>
There are 2 good alien films. 2 out of 6. The whole premise was a limited concept to begin with. It's time to let this franchise go. There's nothing more you can do with it.
>>
Here's the thing. If you were going to any alien planet you would wear an environmental eco suit. Without question. This isn't Star Trek. Even the smallest of alien germs would kill you.
>>
>>82955243
Precisely, and not even "profound" symbolism imo. Everything in Covanent was an emotionless plot device only there to advance the story. No fun, interesting characters like with the original Alien. Plus the plot itself does nothing but halfheartedly prop up Scott's symbolism, as the story itself is not satisfying or interesting in the slightest.

Plus, as stated already, characters were really dumb and the "twist" was so fucking obvious that it was insulting.
>>
>>82955412
Also the writing was pretty shit, hated how every character with a wife kept going "that's my wife" "be careful with my wife" "my wife is down there" just to remind the audience that we're supposed to feel something when the cardboard cutout woman inevitably dies.
>>
File: 1427800388776.jpg (9KB, 304x272px) Image search: [Google]
1427800388776.jpg
9KB, 304x272px
>>82953038
>mfw half the audience in my cinema were laughing their asses off when David invites the ship captain to approach the egg and stick his face in it
>mfw I had to hold in my own laughter
I honestly couldn't believe my eyes and ears.
Was this really what Ridley was going for, to make the xenomorph tropes into a comedy, a laughing stock?
>>
Aliens was horrid

This movie and Alien are the only legitimately "good" Alien movies, the rest have serious flaws
>>
>mfw I go to the movies nearly every weekend with parents/brother
>I say I didnt like the GOTG2 or Alien C and they say I hate movies.
>>
>>82953038
The plot only happens because every character except david is an imbecile. How these people were put in charge of anything nevermind 2000 colonists is a mystery....
>>
>>82953107
that's going to be in the upcoming movies

>>82955243
definitely high on Alien-ish visuals

>>82955376
they didn't "intend" to get diverted to an uncharted planet and therefore did not feel the need to bring fully equipped eco suits.
>>
>>82957077
Anyone with hazmat training knows you don't go into an unknown environment without protection. The plot basically requires the characters to consistently act like idiots in order for it to advance.
>>
>>82953038
The characters aren't dumb. Meme posting shit. There's very plenty wrong with the film. No one wears helmets in Star Trek. They justified no wearing helmets in the scene prior to going to the shuttle. They wouldn't have written helmets at their original destination either.

It's a bad movie that lets the bad guy win.
>>
>>82957120
Kind of sucks that all my friends can say is "push the I believe button"
>>
>>82956994
How does the captain know a face hugger is in an egg? You know how autistic you sound right now?
>>
>>82957120
History is littered with examples of people doing stupid things, the fact that the group made a mistake (caused also by an inexperienced, inadequate captain) is not surprising.
>>
>>82957120
That's why there weren't going to wear helmets at the colony planet too huh?

No one in Star Trek wears helmets on class m planets. Stop with your memeing faggotry and focus on the real problems likes pacing and character development.
>>
>>82957120
Alien required Dallas be retarded enough to follow a worthless signal.

John hurts character has to be stupid enough to put his face in an egg.

Stupid stupid people. Alien is full of retards. Lambert didn't fight back and just died. What a stupid person. Alien is terrible
>>
>>82956994
>I meet our creator
>How was he
>He was human
My theater, myself included, were laughing our asses off whenever David was on screen.
By the end, he was a cartoon villain
>>
>these characters act stupid because they don't react like they've seen the movies Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Aliens:. Resurrection and Prometheus

Again there's actually plenty wrong with the film but complaining about no helmets and stupid characters is just ridiculous there's pacing issues there's writing issues there's consistency issues there's overall feel issues there's no character development either aside from well there's no character development
>>
IS THIS THE GENERAL?
>>
Just an FYI there is a BLACKED cuckold scene in this movie. If you're not a fan of cuck shit I'd torrent it and not contribute. The movie is shit anyway.
>>
>>82957305

There is a major difference though.

It is established in Alien that the space truckers are petty and impulsive dimwits with a couple of sensible ones between them.
Ripley is the only really fully sensible one and she lives.

And even when they stick their head in the egg they have the full enviro-outfit on and the whole scene plays out very slow, methodical and oppressive with them stumbling around in those oversized suits.

Meanwhile in Prometheus everyone is wearing a skin-thin scuba suit and they pop the helmet first chance they get and they're supposed to be the cautious and methodical science types HAND PICKED by Weyland for the mission
The guy who is literally betting his immortality on that mission.
>>
So he created the xenomorphs all along or what?

Why was David so edgy?
>>
>>82957451
David wanted to be a god
>>
>>82957178
>visits planet full of unknown organisms
>high likelyhood of allergic reaction
>if not then almost certain infection
>decides not to wear protection
These people were idiots. The only thing the captain should have been in charge of was cleaning the bathrooms.

>let's visit an unknown planet which may or may not be habitable instead of the one which we and our colonist passengers prepared for
>if it goes wrong we're likely out of fuel, stranded, and soon to die
>hell we could just die due to environmental complications (see allergic reactions and infection)
>even if everything goes right and we don't die, we might pick the wrong place to land. After all, the people back home have probably analyzed and compared optimal landing sites for years. Can we do a similar job in just a few days? What about natural resources? What storms? Yeah sure, we might survive a few months but what about years? Wouldn't it be better to just go with the plan?

>meet notoriously unstable first model of android
>sees obvious signs of mental instability
>don't warn crew

Walter was an idiot as well.

>>82957305
Yes well Alien was about space truckers. They weren't trained explorers or colonists. They were literally the worst people possible for the situation they were in. In Prometheus and this shit film, we're expected to believe highly trained experts behave like idiots in high stress situations (they would be selected from people who hold their shit together when shit hits the fan).

>>82957253
>star trek
faggot
>>
>>82954526
>It literally doesn't matter why the engineers turned on people.

m8, this was clearly explained in Prometheus. Their whole purpose in creating us was to use as a testbed for their weapon.
>>
File: 1484718466436.jpg (71KB, 647x594px) Image search: [Google]
1484718466436.jpg
71KB, 647x594px
>>82957223
I'm not saying the captain had to know the egg was where the hugger was in, but for God's sake he didn't even slightly pickup that David was luring him into a trap.
That, combined with the fact that the audience knows exactly what's going to happen, made the scene unintentional comedy.
>>82957341
Yeah David became kind of cartoonishly evil in the end. I still think Fassbender does a really good performance though.
On an unrelated note, I called the ebin twist ending a mile away. When they didn't show the end of the Walter-David fight, it was a pretty obvious hint that David cut off his own hand, killed Walter and was impersonating him all along. I'm sure a lot of people caught on too.
>>
>>82956994
Is the "all the audience laughed" thing still going on?
>>
>>82957506
Will he die in the sequel? He was funny.
>>
File: 1484257174308.png (691KB, 698x439px) Image search: [Google]
1484257174308.png
691KB, 698x439px
>>82957369
Nah, no helmets is a legitimate excuse. Maybe I didn't hear all the jargon in the exposition when they initially find the planet, but I don't remember them saying the atmosphere was safe before opening the doors and jumping out. Even if it were a similar to Earth atmosphere, how would they know there weren't deadly microbes or diseases in the air? Red Letter Media pointed this out five years ago with Prometheus and it is a significant plot hole.
Also the characters are pretty retarded at some points. The one that stands out the most is when the captain just follows David into the cave and on his request sticks his face into the egg. That wasjust plain stupid.
>>82957451
David, as was pointed out years ago, is confirmed a secret asshole.
>>82957566
What do you mean "thing?" I'm not joking or anything, my audience was literally laughing out loud in that one scene.
>>
>>82953725
Fuck that noise. It's still Lindelof-tier, which means each new installment raises more questions than it solves. Alien raised like 3-4 questions max, Aliens has like 2 plot holes/questions, and then you get to the recent shit. Prometheus should have been a full prequel if not for Lindelof and I gues Ridley Scott is trying to continue that, trying to solve some questions with each installment but also adding more questions so you go see a sequel. Fucking sucks.
>>
Covenant was masturbatory shite but at least it acknowledged how bad Prometheus was.

When's the last time a major character was killed offscreen between Alien movies? Why did the creative team do that? Now, why did it happen here?
>>
Alien > Aliens

Both are good movies, but the tone of Alien suites the franchise better.
>>
>>82957223
>walks in on David face to face with some fucking nightmare fuel
>that clearly just mutilated a crewmember
>he's being a creepy shit trying to make out with it or something
>ignores an order to stand aside
>flips out when you blast the thing to hell
>moments later he's all "yeah stick your face in this it's fine trust me"
He didn't need to know what was in the egg to find the situation suspect.
>>
>>82957711
>When's the last time a major character was killed offscreen between Alien movies?
Alien 3, where 2 of the 3 survivors got killed offscreen between the movies.
And we all know how great that movie was.
>>
>>82957777

yes, exactly. As far as I could tell, Covenant was Scott's fuck-you to Lindelof and was as close to a rewrite of the prequel as we're gonna get.

Covenant was shit but it did what it could to fix Prometheus. There's still hope for the third part. Maybe.
>>
>>82953275
All characters are mentally ill: they all go to a biologically rich alien environment without masks, let people sick with unknown diseases into their sterile transportations allowing the pathogens to eventually reach the spaceship, they trust David even after some of them have been torn to pieces in his "safe" place, they butcher the Engineers and Shaw off camera, Walter lets David kill him for no reason, David lets the second xenomorph roam free in the space ship for no reason, McBride convinces the other two cucks to risk the entire mission for no reason.

I could go on. Shit movie, like Prometheus without anything new. Actually worse
>>
>crew of highly trained professionals
>operating a huge transport and colonizing ship
>full of thousands of living adult humans and hundreds of developing embryos

>each and every one of them panics and breaks ranks at every step of the plot
>even before they land

but

why
>>
>>82957875
Because it moves the plot along. Ridley is shite.

This movie was worse than Prometheus.
>>
>>82953247
Everyone hated the Prometheus story because it wasn't an "Alien" story. And although they were idiots for expecting Prometheus to be an "Alien" movie in ANY way, Ridley still got a little butthurt, and he de-Prometheus-ized Covenant. So we'll likely never find out the answers to what was brought up in Prometheus... at least, not within a single movie. It'll be spread out across the next three or four Alien movies by Scott.
>>
this movie is like a game overthinker video when he starting making sketches.

he's doing all this cringey cosplay shit and you just want him to talk about fucking video games.
>>
>>82954072
David is the best part about Covenant. Also there's a lot of people including me who don't believe David bombed the engineers planet.
>>
>>82957875

>stumble upon an alien planet that is habitable and likely contains an existing biosphere
>don't do a surface scan from orbit
>don't send drones to the surface
>land on the planet
>don't wear protective gear
>land in the water
>don't test the water
>drink the water

but hey at least they showed the blond girl's severed head floating around at least 5 times right guys

>it cost more money to render that head than any of us make in a year
>>
>>82957924
Prometheus was originally going to be a straight up Alien prequel, then Ridley wanted to do something new and changed it, then got cold feet and added the fuckin Deacon thing to the end of it.

This series would actually be halfway decent without the Alien universe tacked onto it. If it was its own thing, and had nothing to do with Alien, it could have been good.
>>
>>82957777
I like that they killed them off, the Alien universe is big, scary, and indifferent to human suffering and killing off everyone except Ripley really hammers home that theme
>>
This movie was so disappointing and underwhelming that it really made me feel like I was robbed of two hours Only movie I ever felt like that Instead trying to correct the mistakes of Prometheus and answers the questions it raised it literally recycled the entire plot of Prometheus
>>
>>82953038
stream plux
>>
>>82956994
> the experience I had while watching my movie must be the same experience EVERYONE had with this movie

Everyone in my theatre was yelling at Dr. Mahnattan for being an idiot, but no one was "laughing", per se.

I'm not claiming that my audience represents everyone, but rather that yours doesn't either. And therefore, you shouldn't assume what Ridley was aiming for just because of your audience.
>>
>>82957995

hi Mr. Scott, thanks for visiting our board
>>
>>82957223
i too, follow strange white men into dark basements
>>
>>82957553
>he didn't even slightly pickup that David was luring him into a trap.
It should have been blindingly fucking obvious from the second he said he wanted to show off "his successes". You're looking at the shit he has in his fucking lab or whatever shit looks like a fucking nightmare, and you want to see how he's PERFECTED that nightmare?
>>
>>82957566
>>82957684
A couple people laughed out loud for a quick second in my theater when that happened too.
>>
>>82957369
> but complaining about no helmets ... is just ridiculous

The no helmets is legit. There is everything wrong with visiting a planet you know nothing about without adequate protection, and plenty of evidence within Human History alone. The Columbian Exchange is one good example, as is the smallpox epidemic.

Even if alien DNA is incompatible with ours, alien organisms can still produce deadily chemical compounds AND aerosolize them... one breath of it can still kill you. It's not worth taking the chance.
>>
File: aliensvscovenantemp7.jpg (52KB, 591x447px) Image search: [Google]
aliensvscovenantemp7.jpg
52KB, 591x447px
Reminder that these are not engineers but a race created by engineers. There was no advanced tech on their planet other than a fucking landing pad for their gods ship.

Or Ridley is a fucking hack.
>>
>>82958086

>be master race
>create black goo to bring life to a planet
>don't create countermeasure for the possibility that a single molecule of black goo reaches homeworld

wew
>>
>>82957830
>David lets the second xenomorph roam free in the space ship for no reason
>for no reason
Are you for real right now?
>>
>>82957875
>highly trained professionals
what ever gave you that idea?
>>
>>82957960
I don't mind the threads of Alien being woven in and out of Prometheus. But I accepted it as NOT an Alien movie, so I judge it for what it was on face value... and it wasn't a bad movie.

I only wish Ridley continued with that and left Alien as a side lore with Covenant, instead of giving into fan demands and remove all but the bare facts about Prometheus in Covenant.

I mean, at least I want to know if he returned to the TRUE Engineer homeworld, or just a colony full of retarded Engineers, versus the more perfect Engineers we saw in Prometheus (the ones that look like they were made out of soft-boiled egg whites).
>>
File: ridley-scott-superheroes.jpg (452KB, 2048x1343px) Image search: [Google]
ridley-scott-superheroes.jpg
452KB, 2048x1343px
>>82958086
>the architecture is heavily roman based
>because you know, like how Rome was the pinnacle of civilisation but slowly fell to rot

what a GENIUS, wow!
>>
File: 1482900530486.jpg (568KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482900530486.jpg
568KB, 1920x1080px
How to make it so that it isn't David that's on LV-426

>Space Jockey party ship with the Prometheus versions that have organic suit/bodies, goes to check up on their world that David's ruined
>See it's all fucked, go investigate and find the eggs David's left behind
>One(the space jockey) gets face hugged and they decide to get out of dodge
>Bursts in his chair and then alien either eggmorphs the crew or becomes a queen to create all the eggs
>Crash on LV-426

Only odd thing would be why the alien would place all the eggs in the silo.
>>
>>82958019
Jimmy, you need to leave
>>
>>82957936
>Also there's a lot of people including me who don't believe David bombed the engineers planet.
wut

Is it delusion? He gud boy, he dindu nuffin?
>>
>>82957936
>Also there's a lot of people including me who don't believe David bombed the engineers planet.
So, did you not watch Covenant or what?
>>
>>82957223
Because he knows spores exist and also knows David knows these aliens and that David probably wants him dead

>>82957253
Because it never causes problems

If there was an episode where Picard goes to a planet and gets a foreign virus, everyone would say going without protection was a bad idea - especially other characters

Bad decisions aren't the problem, the problem is
>nobody acknowledges it was a bad decision
>nobody learns anything
>character established as competent becomes incompetent
>>
>>82958190
TRUE POTTERY!
>>
>>82958172

they're the appointed crew of a huge space ship designated with the survival of the human race

nahhhhhhh ur right my expectations are too high i bet they just gave control of the mission to a bunch of randos
>>
>>82957952
>render that head
Looked like a poorly done prop. The center of gravity in a head is more toward the face so we should have just seen the back of her hair
>>
>>82958208
Yah dingus

It's not that he didn't bomb anyone, he clearly did. It's that he didn't actually VISIT the ACTUAL Engineer homework... but just some colony of retards that the Engineers made. Maybe one of the many species that they intended to wipe out 2000 years ago, along with us humans.

I mean, it's not like the Humans weren't the ONLY species the Engineers created, right? They made others, yes? And they wanted to kill off all of them. David was just finishing the job they started.
>>
>>82958248
>i bet they just gave control of the mission to a bunch of randos
I mean, judging by how they reacted to the situations, that checks out
>>
>>82957553
It was so obvious, that I just assumed there will be an actual real twist, like Daniels having her own plan, or Walter changing his mind, or fucking hell, Shaw actually showing up
>>
>>82953038
While everyone is being pretty critical at the film did anyone else just felt like you couldn't believe what you were seeing? I guess I'm pretty old fashioned but this surprised me in the most negative way possible...
>>
>>82958154
His plan was to infect the settlers with the embryos, and everybody in the crew was going to go into sleep anyways, what was the point of bringing the alien to the ship moments before? The alien would have destroyed the settlers if they didn'g kill it

Think about it, it makes no sense
>>
>>82958285
OK I get what's you're saying. That seems reasonable.
>>
>>82958208
>>82958217
How the fuck is that a planet of an advanced race? A race so advanced they're practically gods. It had zero advanced technology.
>>
>>82958136
>be master race
>create black goo to bring life to a planet
>don't create countermeasure for the possibility that a single molecule of black goo reaches homeworld
Uh...pretty sure the black goo that brings shit to life is not the same as the weapon. And they did have a countermeasure, they did their experiment on a distant planet.
>>
>>82958346
He's a fucking nutjob that wanted to watch his pet play.
>>
File: 1478182613864.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
1478182613864.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>>82957995
I'd put good money down that my cinema was not the only one laughing, Ridley.
>>82958025
But you see, if he had acted with any amount of self-awareness or intelligence, the plot would not have happened!
>>82958061
For me, it was half the entire audience laughing uncontrollably. I'm sure it was not the only time that happened.
>>82958190
BRAVO RIDLEY
R
A
V
O
>>82958331
I was hoping that either Daniels would have realized it and had a plan, or some other twist to subvert it, but no, Ridley went with a Shyamalan-tier "what a twist" ending. I chuckled.
Scott must have lost touch at least a decade ago.
>>
>>82958346
>His plan was to infect the settlers with the embryos

Were you not paying attention? He wants to communicate with a Xeno. He was hoping that the one that came out of the soldier would kill Tennessee and the girl so he would have free run of the ship to continue his experimentation. Hence, why he made that pissed off face when they actually got it off the ship. Putting the crew back to sleep and then doing his thing was Plan B.

>mfw you were playing 1D checkers and the point of the movie was playing 2D chess
>>
Stop fingering the boy
>>
>>82958538
my cinema was audibly cringing when david went in for the gay kiss, lmao

i get what he was going for but it was still a bit out of the blue
>>
>xenomorphs are just some butthurt android's creation

wow

alien is gay
>>
Did anyone else feel that the "what do you believe in?" line by the captain before he got chestbursted was really out of place? It felt like it was going somewhere like they were going to discuss things but it just went nowhere.
>>
File: 4d9.png (124KB, 382x491px) Image search: [Google]
4d9.png
124KB, 382x491px
>>82958560
Then why did he keep opening the right doors and giving real info, instead of just leading the alium to them?

Almost as if he actually wanted to kill him?
>>
>>82953275
-The characters were dumb as shit.

-No character motivation provided for David killing Shaw and the entire Engineer planet.

-The Engineers were completely swept under the rug, all the cliffhanger questions from Prometheus involving their purpose, the point of creating the black goo, and their relation with humanity wasn't explored at all.

-The black goo still has an ambiguous purpose that just seems to do whatever the plot needs to create tension at the time

-The xenomorph origin is actually interesting and unexpected, and pretty much the only good part of the film, but it kind of disregards the concept of a Queen and why the Nostromo found a Engineer spacecraft filled with eggs and a Engineer that had obviously died due to a chestburster. The next movie will have to dance circles to connect the dots.

-David engineered the current state of the Xenomorphs, but the goo/ spore seems to randomly create the similar results, sometimes involving a facehugger, sometimes not.
>>
>>82958631
oh yeah the religious subtest was as half assed as it could be
>>
>>82954526
THIS

Movie was create don't let the Galaxy Of the Spiderman Disney shills divert you from watching it.
>>
>>82958086
They are the Engineers, as evidenced by the landing area and all of them coming out to greet the ship.
>>
File: 1479136209160.jpg (31KB, 316x340px) Image search: [Google]
1479136209160.jpg
31KB, 316x340px
So now that the dust has settled is it better than Prometheus?
>>
>>82958685
No, it's even worse
>>
>>82953725
If a mysterious and menacing robot asks you to come down into a dark basement filled with unexplained organisms, right after your crew had been slaughtered by a bunch of other similar organisms, you are a fucking retard and deserve to be faceraped.
>>
File: 1483510380576.gif (6KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1483510380576.gif
6KB, 150x150px
>>82958586
Oh shit, I nearly forgot. My cinema was fucking laughing at that part too. I kind of understood it too but I think a kiss on the cheek a la Judas would have been less unintentionally comedic.
>>82958685
Both of them are going to go down in the book of "What Could have Been Great", co-authors Ridley Scott and George Lucas.
>>
>>82958635
Because he figured the 2 of them would be no match for it anyway. And in the unlikely event of their success, he couldn't afford to arouse their suspicion before he got them into the pods.
>>
>>82958657
>involving their purpose, the point of creating the black goo, and their relation with humanity
This was all made clear in Prometheus, though...
>>
Covenant was like a really shitty version of Deep Blue Sea

That movie did subversion of expectations really well, especially the final scene where the woman makes up a really stupid and risky plan, it just goes to shit because she is a weak girl with baseless optimism. In Covenant it works perfectly, wow she outran the alien and it got stuck in all the right places! What are the odds?
>>
>>82958780
no it fucking was not
>>
>>82958762
>Because he figured the 2 of them would be no match for it anyway
Where are the proofs?
>>
>>82954526
>It literally doesn't matter why the engineers turned on people

Yes it does. The first movie specifically evokes this question. You ever heard of Chekhov's Gun?
>>
>>82958560
He could have killed them just by opening a path for the xeno to those guys with the automatic doors. Damn Ridley your movie gets worse and worse the more I think about it
>>
>Ridleyfags already claiming 3deep5u

This is it

The end of Alien
>>
>>82958685
Prometheus is better to be honest.

The idea of Prometheus makes it a better movie, humans searching for their creator. Covenant is fucking about how a dumbass fill in captain changes the course of his entire colony based on cryptic message on a strange random planet that seems safe and not wanting to go into hyper sleep again

There is just too much retarded shit in this one.
>>
>>82958670
I don't know, other anon has a good point. There is no other tech anywhere. They all come out to greet the ship like it's some special event, the gods returning. You would think that would be no big deal to an advanced civilization, no more interesting than seeing planes take off and land.
>>
>>82956994
show the scene
>>
Anti-Prometheus posts
>Quoting scenes from the movies

Pro-Prometheus posts
>Dude you just gotta believe man, it was real in my mind, it will all be explained, dude, believing in Ridley is like believing in God, wow
>>
>>82958685
It's flawed, but yes, better than Prometheus.
>>
>>82953038
Aliens sucked. The only good film in this whole franchise was Alien the original.
>>
>>82958780
No it wasn't. We don;t learn why the Engineers do what they do. We do not why they severed ties with us, but also gave us a space map, and then attacked us when we did make contact. As far as the goo, Janek randomly comes down saying "its a weapon!" with no context, or explanation as to why it kills some organisms while making others stronger.
>>
>>82957305
Cryosleep turns you into an idiot.
Deepest lore.
>>
>>82957553
>On an unrelated note, I called the ebin twist ending a mile away.
I don't think it was meant to be a twist for the audience.
>>
>>82958814
The fact that he deemed it more necessary to cooperate with them and not arouse their suspicion than to simply backstab them at the first opportunity. 2 humans with no military training against a Xeno, you tell ME what their odds are.
>>
>>82958615
The neomorphs problem is that they were very sensitive to light so david cross bred them until they became the shelled black ones. The only problem is that they became too aggressive, which is why he is upset when it bites the computer screen
>>
File: 1485364975743.jpg (41KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1485364975743.jpg
41KB, 657x527px
>>82958856
I don't got any webms of the scene, sorry.
>>
So are the chestbuster phase of the xenomorph evolution not real anymore? Or do they just pop out as a tiny alien? I guess I can throw my toys away right?
>>
>>82958917
>I don't think it was meant to be a twist for the audience.
>implying
The scene where he puts her in the pod and she asks about the log cabin, and how he keeps on helping them with the final alien battle, makes me think that it was supposed to be a twist.
>>
>>82958929
Then don't hype me up, faggot
>>
>>82958926
>The fact that he deemed it more necessary to cooperate with them and not arouse their suspicion
That implies he knew they could win
>>
>>82958927
>upset
Pretty sure he smiles.
>>
>>82958586

He has to throw a bone to the sjws
>>
>>82958992
But think about it, if you already know it's David then it's much more interesting because you're on the edge of you seat waiting to see how he kills them. Way better than an ebin twist at the end. That's why I don't think it was meant to be an actual twist for anyone excep the characters.
>>
>>82958992
I thought that twist would have been great if it was real but it was obvious from the start that it was david. He rekills walter, puts clothes on, swallows eggs, and cuts his hand off really fast.
>>
>>82958973
Ridley wanted to rewatch Alien before filming, but accidentally put in Spaceballs

>What is this?
>A... chestburster, sir?
>No it isn't. Those have arms and legs and do a dance routine. Fix it.
>>
>>82959051
He was surprised
>>
>>82957223

He DOES know that David is the devil though, he literally says that just before that scene.
>>
i came to see some Aliums but instead got a bunch of bumbling space retards and a BBC scene, thanks Ridley

the main actress was kinda uglycute though
>>
>excited to see new alien movie
>people bashing movie before it is released
>sit down
>movie starts
>people talking through entire thing
>neck bearded fat slobs talking exotic nerd shit during scenes
>during the beautiful dialogs between David and Walter fat neck beard behind me is fighting with candy wrapper
>people start turn around because it is distracting
>CRUNCH SSSSHHHSSS CRUNCH
>people are fidginting during dialog scenes
>2017
>going to a movie theater thinking brainlets with attention spans of grasshopper wont ruin it

Audio Auxary ports when? I'd love to plug in my own headphones, it's getting bad now. 15 years ago
people followed movie theater edicate, now it's morons letting loose.

Movie was great BTW don't listen to the virgins in this thread
>>
So the franchise shouldn't be called Alien anymore, right?

How about Big Wasp?

Big Wasp: Retribution
Big Wasp: Revelations
Big Wasp 4
>>
>>82957952
>but hey at least they showed the blond girl's severed head floating around at least 5 times right guys

WHY DID THEY DO THAT

WHYYYYYYYYYY

>floating head 2spooky
>>
>>82959064
Columbo was always more boring than Poirot, but Columbo was still not a fucking idiot

You are on the edge of your seat thinking "How will Daniels stop David?" and it's resolved with "Oh she doesn't, she was a dumbass"

Fuck off Ridley, hang yourself before you ruin Blade Runner 2 too
>>
DUDE
what if

a facehugger

impregnated

a wasp
>>
>>82959122
>lonely vapelord ramblings
>edicate
>Movie was great

Ridley's target audience, everyone
>>
>>82958685

Is a rotten apple better than a rotten banana?
>>
>>82958803
Yes, it was.

>their purpose
As far as making the Xenos? Why does anyone make weapons? To defend yourself.

>the point of creating the black goo
You mean the stuff at the beginning? That was to break the one Engineer down into some basic molecules that, once in the environment, would tend to build towards organisms, and eventually shape our evolution at the outset towards a bipedal humanoid species.

>their relation to humanity
The Engineer they woke up was trying to take the ship to Earth to distribute the weapon and see what happened. We were their test subjects. That was literally why Shaw convinced them to ram into his ship...
>>
>>82958136
Yeah, after the movie my friend and I were talking about how that scene is basically like NASA sending a spaceship full of nukes out into the space, it disappears for a few years or whatever, and then suddenly comes back unannounced and we just let it land without a challenge.

Good to know the Engineers are as dumb as the humans in this narrative.
>>
>>82958917
>>82958992
>>82957553
>On an unrelated note, I called the ebin twist ending a mile away.

EVERYONE did. You're not special. It wasn't meant to be a twist for the audience. It was meant to be more like... we all KNOW it's David, but HOW is he going to reveal himself. Will he bring an Egg on board like Bishop clearly did in Aliens? Will he let the Xenomorph kill both Danny and Tenny and be the sole survivor? How long will he play "Walter"? And despite all that, what about Walter? Did he self-heal? Is he still walking around Paradise? Will be save the day later? I mean, David clearly taught Walter how to activate the Engineer ship using the Flute, and there is a perfectly good ship just waiting to be used... it might have "crashed", but it could still be used maybe. Or maybe there are other ships on the planet he could use.

Those are the kinds of thoughts and discussions I think that David-Walter switcheroo was intended to envoke... not simply "OMG WHAT A TWEEEST!".
>>
>>82959122
I don't know if this post is genuine or just a glorified 'if you dont like Promemetheus you are a fat neckbeard who talks during films' but I agree

Sitting in my own cheap headphones and a computer monitor is a better experience than a movie theater I paid 10 bucks for (+10 for snacks +20 for tip)
Once I got a seat under the AC and I had to listen to it buzzing into my ear for two hours
>>
>>82958825
>He could have killed them just by opening a path for the xeno to those guys with the automatic doors.

As I JUST pointed out, he had to be prepared for the possibility, however remote, that they would actually succeed. He's a sociopathic genius, he doesn't just act impulsively. He has contingencies for every situation.
>>
File: 1492633656422.png (95KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1492633656422.png
95KB, 512x512px
Okay, I have two questions because I'm autistic, hopefully an intelligent anon can spoonfeed me.

What did David do to Shaw, and did he actually like her/regret her? One second he's mourning her and has her "buried" BUT the we find out he doesn't and he operated on her BUT he still has a picture of her BUT then he says he's gonna do what he did to Shaw to Daniels and it's worded in a really aggressive way. It was so fucking weird.
>>
>>82957875
>>each and every one of them panics and breaks ranks at every step of the plot

Panic makes people do silly thing. You never know what makes people snap. And also, that's why those people weren't leading the missions.
>>
>>82957253

If you are even a casual fan of any Star Trek series incarnation, you would know that the transporters "sanitize" the crew before and after teleportation. The transporter removes any foreign shit from the crew, negating the need for envinronmental suits unless the planet's temperature or other shit is so insane that it would kill a human.

>inb4 someone mentions tuvix

Voyager is 95% cancerous shit, and the tuvix plant transporter incident is one of the most cancerous episodes. If that shit must be interpreted as canon, then Prometheus/Covenant must be also, meaning Scott/Lindelof have irrevocably ruined Alien/Aliens (which I think is bullshit).

Prometheus/Covenant are garbage films in part because the characters act like retards. This makes me completely unsympathetic to them when they get maimed/killed, since they brought it on themselves. Natural selection at work.
>>
>>82959256
It's like a Bond movie.
You kinda know what will happen, so how it will happen is what makes the movie good or bad.
>>
>>82959256
I also loved Lost!

Something was stupid AND I CLAPPED

I CLAPPED BECAUSE I WILL HAVE TO WATCH MORE SHIT FOR IT TO MAKE SENSE
>>
>>82959256
I have this alternate theory where it was just a boring, obvious twist due to poor writing.
>>
>>82959312
Also, ice crystals in their respective brains from cryosleep..
>>
>>82959301
>What did David do to Shaw
Remodelled her shithole
>>
>>82959362

what did you say?
>>
>>82953038
Has there been a stupider death than the captain?
I'm working on the perfect killing machine, here is my perfection, please look inside it will do you no harm, none! *Looks in and gets face buggered
>>
File: hanselandgretel.jpg (397KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
hanselandgretel.jpg
397KB, 960x1440px
The writer who wrote this movie also wrote this movie. lol good choice Ridly Scott
>>
>>82953292
yea there's too much shit in the new shit
alien was simple and sigourney weaver
i had a fun time in the theater tonight bc of fassbender and waterston, but i definitely could have lived without this movie. it will never be alien, alien is the best of all. we don't need any fucking more cash cows god damn
>>
>>82959345
Yeah, like that scene where one character said "Drink this tea so the ice crystals in your brain that affect your panic center will melt faster" that was a really subtle setup for this very obvious plotpoint that you just pulled out of your ass
>>
>>82958973
The chestbursters honestly sucked in this movie. They weren't as believable as the puppet in 1979, and the CGI wasn't very convincing. The rest of the effects were fine but the chestbusters kind of looked like shit even compared to a puppet in the 1970's.
>>82959064
I still think it was definitely played to be a twist for the audience. judging by the way it was done. Also, why the hell did David help them stop the alien anyways in the last fight? He might as well just let the alien kill them.
>>82959076
Yeah as soon as it cuts to Fassbender running out of the cave without an end to the David-Walterfight, you know something is off, especially with that one shot of David grabbing the knife.
>>82959256
Nice try, Ridley. You're not fooling anyone here.
>>
>>82959377
I said we'll change the seat on your toilet
>>
>>82958889
>No it wasn't.
Sure was lad.

>We don;t learn why the Engineers do what they do.
Well, the one doesn't just come right out and spell it out in black and white, but he makes it pretty obvious.

>We do not why they severed ties with us,
Why did you think they ever intended to have ties with us? They aren't big, gentle space friends. They made us just so they could test a horrific weapon on us.

>but also gave us a space map,
Doesn't seem like they gave it to us, just seems like some pseudo-scientific muh subconscious shite desu.

>and then attacked us when we did make contact.
They never intended to be our pals. It attacked Weyland and the rest of them because they were lab rats that got out of their cages. If you recall, he was momentarily puzzled by David because he was surprised that we had managed to make something that advanced, but not impressed enough to stop himself from ripping David's head off.

>As far as the goo, Janek randomly comes down saying "its a weapon!" with no context, or explanation as to why it kills some organisms while making others stronger.
It hijacks animal tissue for its own use, i.e., killing everything it comes into contact with. David explained the different reactions away in this movie as random genetic accidents.
>>
>>82959418
I think the part of your brain that interprets jokes got some ice crystal stuck there.
>>
>>82959387
I hate HATE Billy Crudup's character, and now I hate Billy Crudup! Fuck him for making this movie shit!

the characters are fucking loads of shit

I hated the Captain's wife, so glad she got face raped by the baby Neo Morph.

LIterally everyone got killed off, there is no value whatsoever for any character other than David and Walter! How is a movie supposed to be good if every character is just fucking fodder! What the fuck! Thats not how you write a movie unless you want it to be a shit tier cheese flick!!!
>>
File: alien-covenant-set-shaw.jpg (139KB, 667x500px) Image search: [Google]
alien-covenant-set-shaw.jpg
139KB, 667x500px
>>82959301
>Okay, I have two questions because I'm autistic, hopefully an intelligent anon can spoonfeed me.

I'm still trying to sort it out myself, so maybe putting my thoughts to words might help.

No one knows how Shaw died. David could've murdered her in her sleep, she committed suidice, David woke her up then evicerated her while she was awake, the Engineer Air Force got their ass into gear and attached their ship while it was bombing it and forced it to crash which did kill Shaw while she was asleep... who knows. What is known is that David used her (or her corpse) as a guinea pig for experiments.

David clearly had some emotions for Shaw, as she was the first/only human to show him kindness... seeing as Vickers was jealous of him as being more of a "Son" to Weyland than she was to him, and Weyland simply used him for his own ends. But, just like the Replicants in Blade Runner, he had no clue on how to deal with those emotions or what they meant.

I really think David's "feelings" for Shaw—if they can be called that—really was on the level of the Replicants in Blade Runner: originally intended to be emotionless, but suddenly was human-like enough that he formed them on his own. But unlike the Replicants and their 4-year lifespan, David was effectively immortal, and thus had no means to curb his growing emotional state. Worse, he had only Shaw (if even that) to help him understand... and maybe he did to Shaw as Ash did to Ripley. Maybe he has no penis, just like Ash didn't, and had no means to "show" his love to her... so maybe he fisted her to death.

Anyways, just my theory. Poke holes in it as you wish.
>>
>>82959023
No, dingus, as I JUST explained to you, it implies him being intelligent enough to prepare for the highly remote possibility that they COULD win.
>>
>>82953038
>and if there was any doubt that Aliens was better than Alien, then it should be erased after seeing Ridley's newest monstrosity.
God, Cameronfags will stretch anything to try and legitimise this falsehood.
You're trying to argue Ridley is a hack while Cameron is about to release 5 sequels to a movie nobody cares about anymore.
>>
>go to movie alone
>get a jumbo popcorn with butter
>theater packed with loud african americans

>oh boy

>wheat scene
>SO DAT HOW WHEATIES IS MADE
>I sigh

>guy steps on a spore
>OOOOOOOH BOOOOOOY HE DONE IT NOOOOOW WOOO HE GOT DA BLACKNESS HUAH HUAH
>trying to enjoy my popcorn despite the shrieking

>Neomorph appears
>YO WHY DIS ALIEN WHITE
>sigh loudly (quietly)

>David luring the dude into the egg chamber
>SHIT DER GON BE A PREDATOR IN DERE OOOOHH
>I groan (quietly)

>David leans in to kiss a dude
>6'5" african american stands up and starts yelling incoherently at the screen, something about trees and cats
>give him my evil eye when he's not looking

>long dialogue scene
>one of the african americans pulls out a basketball under his seat and runs around dribbling the ball between the aisles
>get up and leave

That's my experience. Terrible movie.
>>
>>82953038
MUH SPACE G I JOES AND MUH SPACE BUGS

RRRRRRRT GAME OVA MAN! GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH! IMAO
>>
>>82959553
wow, you're retarded, glad to no see you in the theater.
>>
File: lel office.gif (894KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
lel office.gif
894KB, 500x281px
>>82959278
>100% tip
You madman.
>>
>>82958862
kek
>>
>>82959484
>Yes, the movie does explain everything!
>assumption
>assumption
>assumption
>assumption

Now I remember the worst part of Lost generals
>>
>>82957253
> Star Trek

The Transporters have biofilters; so if any crewmember was infected by the spores on Paradise and started to show signs of infection... "Two to beam directly to sickbay!"... up they'd go, and in the process the Transporter system will recognize the foreign organisms in the sick person and filter them out. He might be worse for wear—or dead—but at least there wouldn't be any alien popping out of him and spraying biohazardous blood on everyone.
>>
>>82959511
It was literally made for the alien babbys that were butt mad about Prometheus not being alien
>>
>>82959553
>>long dialogue scene
>>one of the african americans pulls out a basketball under his seat and runs around dribbling the ball between the aisles
>>get up and leave

i laughed here. the rest of your pasta was completely terrible, but that little segment was so unexpected and decent that i had to

good enough job, i guess
>>
>>82959553
>give him my evil eye when he's not looking
das rite whyte boi
>>
>>82959181
Capeshit brainlets who can't sit through dialog that isn't macho will smith 90's nigger speak everybody
>>
>>82959236
The black goo did whatever the plot needed at the time. It was shown creating life, breaking it down, mutating. Then at the end the captain says "I think its a weapon".

At no point is there any exposition stating that humanity was the test group for the weapon. That is supposition.
>>
>>82959673
I wonder how Promemers would react watching an actually smart movie
>>
>>82959301
He's a sociopath. Sociopaths can have positive emotions towards the people they victimize yet still not afford them any humanity/dignity.

He genuinely appreciates/cares for Shaw because she chose not to leave him for "dead," giving him a the chance to not only continue his tinkering but to take it to a whole new level.
>>
>>82959511
>I hated the Captain's wife, so glad she got face raped by the baby Neo Morph.

Wasn't that Tenesse's wife? Captain's wife was the one that slipped on the blood (....like Tenesse's wife), firing a shot into the air, then eventually shot more until the whole ship blew up.
>>
>>82957440
>>82957517
Space truckers still have safety protocols they still have to deal with. I dunno about you but in my experience those kinds of blue collar workers are more keen on following safety rules than white collar folk. At least their bosses/foreman are... and Dallas was just that.

Face it, everyone in Alien was an idiot. Ripley was the only one who cared about OSHA safety protocols and was rewarded for it by being the only one who survives. Parker at least gets the honor as the last male to die for pointing out "Why don't you just freeze him?"; contrary to popular belief, it wasn't because of the "bonus situation".
>>
>>82959714
Black chick was the wife of the guy who got facehugged. Blonde chick was Tennessee's wife
>>
>>82959714
Daniels was the captain's wife, captain burns up in his pod

Second in command's wife was the old woman who collected samples and got stuck in quarantine

Pilot was slip and sliding

T's wife was who got ate and her head was floating around

I know all white people look the same to you, but it wasn't that hard to follow
>>
>>82959484
Literally everything you responded with is supposition. Did you even see Prometheus?

Also here is a screenshot of the space map early humanity had in the movie, obviously not figured out by cavemen.

>It hijacks animal tissue for its own use, i.e., killing everything it comes into contact with. David explained the different reactions away in this movie as random genetic accidents.

it doesn't though. It makes some organisms stronger and creates life sometimes.

If you make a gun as a weapon, but the bullets randomly kill, mutate, and create life, that is a shitty weapon.
>>
>>82959623
It's just simple logical extrapolation. If you need everything spelled out for you in big, bold letters, science fiction isn't the genre for you.
>>
>>82959522
Can I get a quick rundown of this image?
>>
>>82959418
> it's just a movie so I really should just relax?
> NO I WANT TO BE MAD, EVEN AT AN OBVIOUS JOKE

t. nonautistic anon
>>
Ridley always intended the Alien movies to be scary movies like 'It! The Terror from Beyond Space' and 'Planet of the Vampires' but more well done. He also intended them to have mysterious unexplained aspects to them like Star Wars has. Keeping some things a mysteries in the movies has some appeal to it. If you want answers for it and don't enjoy just imagining possible answers then just write a book about it or read a book about it like they have for Star Wars.
>>
File: Selection_018.png (10KB, 489x134px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_018.png
10KB, 489x134px
>>82959319
>Prometheus/Covenant are garbage films in part because the characters act like retards.
ITS SCI FI HORROR YOU MORON HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED A SCI FI AND OR HORROR MOVIE

Seriously consider never posting again you fucking idiot mongrel.
>>
>>82959342
Oh hush Jimmy. No one liked your "twist" of the queen magically jumping into the landing gear of the dropship and Bishop not noticing the increased weight...

...OR MAYBE HE DID?? WHAT A TWEEEEST

>>82959424
Stop double posting Jimmy!
>>
>>82959325
I don't mind if someone spoils shit for me, because it's not so much about the end result of the spoiler, but HOW it gets to that point, which entertains me.

So yeah, you know it's coming, part of the fun is waiting for it to come.
>>
>>82959738
>>82959769
My bad guess the lighting in the ship was weird.
Also what was up with the ship? If one section of the solar array gets damaged the lighting and half of the other stuff goes to shit?

Also you think they could ask Muthur to stop flashing the goddamn lights on and off and red when trying to deal with a foreign organism
>>
>>82959785
That's Elizabeth Shaw, or at least her corpse, after ten years worth of David fucking around with it.
>>
File: 1487370966960.jpg (56KB, 960x463px) Image search: [Google]
1487370966960.jpg
56KB, 960x463px
>>82959824
Cameron is a better director than you, Mr. Scott. What else do you have besides Alien and Blade Runner? Thelma and Louise?
>>
>>82959729
They got an emergency signal, and went to check out if they were still alive. They didn't risk the life of 2000 sleeping people, just some cargo. It was an emotional choice but reasonable. (Save people's lives versus Get more money)

Not to mention they never saw or heard of aliens before, let alone xenomorphs

Every decision they made was based on either human emotion or because they lacked information - and somebody, Ripley usually, always points out they were bad decisions

In Covenant there is one scene like that, Daniels saying landing is a bad idea, then never again. Everything bad that happens happens because the characters are fucking stupid
>>
>>82953038
Late to the party but
>Covenant proves aliens is better than alien
>A good horror movie vs a bunch of marines killing xenos
alien is better, deal with it Cameron cucks
>>
>>82959688
>The black goo did whatever the plot needed at the time. It was shown creating life, breaking it down, mutating.
Maybe, but I don't recall anything indicating that the stuff the guy drank on Earth was necessarily the same as the Xeno weapon. Suppose it could just be laziness as you suggest.

>Then at the end the captain says "I think its a weapon".
IIRC this was speculated by the characters more than once. Also seems pretty fucking obvious, unless you think that the horrific monsters that are perfectly designed killers are just misunderstood and want to be friends.

>At no point is there any exposition stating that humanity was the test group for the weapon. That is supposition.
Uh, that was their entire rationale for ramming the Engineer's ship, dooming themselves in the process. They knew that Earth was his intended destination, I haven't re-watched Prometheus since it first came out, so I don't remember if they fucking spelled the whole thing out to a T with dialogue, but the implication was very clear.
>>
>>82959811
You are not even making any sense anymore, just rambling

Eat a slice of lemon
>>
>>82959769
>T's wife was who got ate and her head was floating around

You were right up until this. T's wife was slip and sliding, the chick who got her head ripped off was nobody.
>>
>>82959511
>>82959635
> It was literally made for the alien babbys that were butt mad about Prometheus not being alien

THIS.

Ridley: "Oh, you want your movie with aliens in it? Not about God and ancient aliens creating humanity? Well FUCK YOU HERE'S YOUR GODDAMN ALIEN MOVIE! I HOPE YOU CHOKE ON IT!"

Damn Ridley, calm down. You appear to be awfully mad...

>>82959886

lol you're gonna tell me your Space Dances With Wolves—oh, sorry, The Last Air Bender—was better than my The Martian or American Gangster? Get that shit outta here, Jimbo.
>>
>>82959553
THIS. The movie was good but white niggers ruined it for me. People on their phones, guy with uncontrollable fidgeting few seats over, fat comic con virgins debating the inconsistencies of the movie compared to the collectible card battler.

Totally pathetic,
>>
>>82959982
>We made it shit on purpose to spite our fans
>>
>>82959635
Aliens don't appear until the last 30 minutes of the movie you faggot.
>>
>>82959866
Did David say Shaw died? I'm assuming that picture is part of some flashback shit.
>>
File: 1494340090899.png (454KB, 668x445px) Image search: [Google]
1494340090899.png
454KB, 668x445px
>>82959698
Try me faggot brainlet nigger kike
>>
>>82959891
>They didn't risk the life of 2000 sleeping people, just some cargo.

Dude, millions of (adjusted) dollars of ore went up in smoke, along with an M-class star cruiser, a rather expensive piece of machinery. It wasn't just "some cargo".

And honestly, we all know how much Weyland-Yutani values the lives of human beings.

> Not to mention they never saw or heard of aliens before, let alone xenomorphs

I beg to differ; I'm sure Weyland told plenty of people about his alien-focused goals, and I'm of the belief that David kept in touch with WeYu the whole time he was on Paradise, keeping them posted on what he's doing in the name of Weyland.

> Everything bad that happens happens because the characters are fucking stupid

So we're both agreeing that basically every single character in every single Alien movie were fucking stupid, yes? Not that the crew of the Nostromo were the only non-smart people and everyone else was not?
>>
>I just got back from Alien Covenant, and if there was any doubt that Aliens was better than Alien, then it should be erased after seeing Ridley's newest monstrosity.

That statement makes no sense, you dumb as hell boy.
>>
>>82958819
Speaking of chekhovs gun, why the fuck did they show the canister things of black goo if they were never used in the film? I was under the impression that David smuggled one onboard the covenant... But instead he coughs up some facehugger eggs that came seemingly out of nowhere
>>
Haven't seen it, so I have a question. What's with the "couples" thing? Colonization? If so, why are there gay couples on the ship?
>>
>>82960011
It was still just more humans being killed by aliens instead of a sequel to Prometheus
Them other experiments from David might not be xenos but it was still the same shit
>>
>>82959810
He leaves and left too many unanswered questions open across too many films and has yet to even touch upon a more serious question in any way shape or form.

Covenant was literally Alien (1979) + 5 minutes of an advanced alien home planet with no explanations.

WTF man. I can fill in the blanks in my head .... lots of them and keep many left to be desired. He filled in none.

> Get a beacon
> Go to planet
> Find alien ship
> Get BTFO by monsters
(oh look, you're on an alien civilization's home planet... No one seems to care.. he doesn't even allow a minute to explain it)
> Monsters are coming to fuck your shit .. RUN
> Monster survives

Fuck off with this 4d chess meme.
Ridley just killed a franchise that actually had potential after prometheus to tell a deep story.
>>
So if David experimented with animals to make the perfect Xenomorph how did he get eggs with no queen?
What did he make the first Xenomorph with if he killed all the engineers? Was it Shaw?
>>
>>82960001
> to spite our fans

On the contrary; whatever quality you consider Covenant, Ridley made it BECAUSE it was what (he thought) the fans wanted after Prometheus. If it was up to him, Covenant would've just had more Engineer lore in it, and maybe not called "ALIEN Covenant" but either simply "COVENANT" or "Prometheus Covenant".

>>82960025
David said a lot of shit that wasn't true. We can't take his word on Shaw's ultimate fate at all.

>>82960079
But they were used in the film; it was what David dropped on the Engineer.retard() planet. Those canisters he had left over were simply the remaining lot, which he used to experiment with whatever was left alive... or not alive (but still had viable DNA, like Shaw's corpse).
>>
>haha Ridley made it bad on purpose to troll people who didn't le understand Prometheus

These fucks literally implying that Prometheus wasn't Alien with worse characters

>spasehip lands on rocky inhospitable planet
>crew finds ancient space craft and gets contaminated
>crazy android deliberately fucks shit up
>everyone dies one by one
>last girl defeats monster and fucks off to space

WOWWW SO DEEP REALLY MADE ME THINK
>>
File: nice_night_for_a_walk.jpg (39KB, 380x450px) Image search: [Google]
nice_night_for_a_walk.jpg
39KB, 380x450px
>>82959982
>The Martian
THAT WAS GARBAGE AND YOU KNOW IT, RIDLEY!
Hasta la vista, you hack.
>>
>>82959780
>Literally everything you responded with is supposition. Did you even see Prometheus?
How would I have figured any of this shit out if I hadn't seen Prometheus? More to the point, how do you expect me to believe that you watched Prometheus without figuring any of this shit out? Not my fault that you can't handle a bit of subtlety and put things together without everything being spelled in ULTRA BOLD ALL CAPS like some fucking capeshit.

>Also here is a screenshot of the space map early humanity had in the movie, obviously not figured out by cavemen.
Like I said, I'm not sure where it came from, but it just seems like laziness to me. The Engineers were able to guide our evolution to a very specific degree with just a small intervention early on, it seems to me like the map was supposed to be some accidental subconscious relic of that. Best I can figure with how little there is to go on.

>it doesn't though.
Yes it does. Literally every living thing it touches gets killed and/or mutated into another killer. In every single movie.

>It makes some organisms stronger
Yes, by making them into mindless killers...

>and creates life sometimes.
Again, where is the assumption that the stuff at the beginning IS the weapon coming from? Maybe they are meant to be the same, but I don't recall anything in the film that implies this.

>If you make a gun as a weapon, but the bullets randomly kill, mutate, and create life, that is a shitty weapon.
Containment failure is an inherent risk with any bioweapon. The upside is that the Xenos work quickly and are damn effective. Then when they're done, you just glass them from orbit.
>>
>>82960058
>went up in smoke
They didn't expect the survivors to be alien monsters that will destroy the ship. And the company man was fine with it.

>I beg to differ; I'm sure Weyland told plenty of people about his alien-focused goals,
The truckers didn't, that's the point. The W-Y guy did know about them tho, it's part of the plot
>David
We are talking about Alien, dumbass.

>So we're both agreeing that basically every single character in every single Alien movie were fucking stupid, yes?
No, they aren't. They make wrong decisions based on emotion or lack of information, and if it was a wrong choice it's acknowledged
They also do a lot of smart things here and there (mostly Ripley)

In Prometheus and Covenant everyone is fucking stupid, everyone, and the movie treats their retardation as par for the course
"Hehe in horror movies everyone makes bad decisions" *winks at the audience*
While trying to making a smart film about God and faith and creation. Nonsensical meds
>>
>>82958846
This

I actually really enjoyed Prometheus. It was interesting and had a mysterious concept.

Covenant literally shat on Prometheus and made it pointless and worthless. The ending in Prometheus, shaw, the engineers - all swept under the rug.

What where they thinking?
>>
>>82959626

>at least there wouldn't be any alien popping out of him and spraying biohazardous blood on everyone.

I'm suddenly disappointed the TNG vs Aliens comic got cancelled.
>>
>>82960096
>Covenant was literally Alien (1979) + 5 minutes of an advanced alien home planet with no explanations.

Your post reads like someone with schizophrenia wrote it. Also Covenant was NOTHING like the original alien,
>>
File: IMG_5924.jpg (33KB, 680x358px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5924.jpg
33KB, 680x358px
>Mantis: Silly David! Robots don't have feelings! They just fake them!
>Drax: Ha-Ha! He even has a person name! Which is amusing due to how robots shouldn't have those!
>>
Why bother with engineering eggs when you can impregnate people with chestbursters by putting a sticky note on their face?
>>
>>82959811
>the genre makes it okay for the characters to be dumb
No, that's the mark of a lazy cashgrab. If it was well done, there would be some logic or at least relatable emotion driving decisions, even bad ones. Not just "hurr durr let me stick my face in this thing and see what happens."
>>
>>82959811
Sci-fi horror :
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448134/

This was light years beyond what was presented across the whole Alien Franchise. In every film he gets close to touching something deeper, he backs off like a faggot and relegates it to fucking mindless dribble.

He's setup a story about wayland industries that in and of itself could fork off multiple franchises yet does nothing with it. He sets up an epic story about creators as engineers in prometheus and then drops this fucking turd that doesn't even say a single intelligible thing about the actual engineers/creators...

Instead it reverts back to monsters chasing dumbass people around.

The good Sci-fi horror goes deep and tugs at your fucking suck. Ridley tugs on your dick for two hours and you don't even get half a chub.

The only redeeming possibility is if he is somehow giving you an example as to why David was right :
Liberal dumbasses continue to fuck up even in an age of advanced technology. They're willing to sacrifice a long chartered colonization mission and fuck up at every turn because they are just that dumb. Due to emotions the cowboy pilot risks a yuuuge ship of colonist because MUH wife. Due to emotions and other idiocy, the whole of possibilities are wiped out not only by humans but by an infected emotional android. Let me know if you want to expand on this and I'll link to source sauce where Ridley seems to comment about this.
>>
>>82957553
>I called the ebin twist ending a mile away
congratulations. they leave it blatantly open-ended when they cut before Walter attacks, and they directly foreshadowed it with "Walter"s hood on the cargo shuttle. It wasn't meant to be any more a surprise than the Captain inevitably getting facehugged once the eggs first showed up on screen
>>
File: aliendeleted17.jpg (43KB, 370x262px) Image search: [Google]
aliendeleted17.jpg
43KB, 370x262px
>>82960087
The couple's thing was to help give incentive to keep the colony producing tons of babies.

Mind you, even if they weren't couples, ship crewes were always still fucking one another; at least that's what was implied in Alien... everyone just screwed one another. Like, there was going to be a scene where Ripley is casually fucking Dallas, only to have Ash's body bump into the window outside. Pic related

Incidentally, this was how Ripley and Lambert realized something might be off about Ash, because he was never interested in sex with either of them. This was included in a deleted scene.
* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDu78p3h6JE

Side note: imagine Parker's big black cock entering both Ripley and Lambert. Mmmmmmm
>>
Did anybody notice the Star of David that Rosenthal was wearing?

It was just another fun attempt at diversity next to the gay couple
>>
>>82960217
Ridley Scott is actually dumb enough to think that if you leave a forklift alone it will become a person and starts crying

Blade Runner was 100% this. Hey if we make our robots look like humans, they will actually get emotions. And if you make a smiley face out of your breakfast, it's cannibalism
>>
>>82953275
>getting fooled by the Christian symbolism, le epic Wagner lol, skynet Magneto, and the poem Watchmen ruined forever

Good lord, man. What's wrong with you?
>>
>>82960079

He sneaked aboard posing as walter. That may have been difficult to do carrying a bioweapon container...
>>
>>82960283

so the bonus situation is the extra inches?
>>
>>82959522
>>82959785
>>82959866

Reminds me of the queen actually
>>
>>82960283
>>82960087

Oh yeah, also, as for why include gay couples? Family cohesion, I'm guessing. Like, maintaining a family unit concept is important, regardless of who the parents are. Gay couples could still be parents of the embroys. In fact, they might be more ideal, because they're not actually making babies, so it might be a way to test how parents affect their children or something.
>>
>>82960122
>how did he get eggs with no queen?
This is actually a good question, I don't know.

>What did he make the first Xenomorph with if he killed all the engineers? Was it Shaw?
The Engineer ship was full of Xeno liquid canisters.

What I want to know is, if he turned all of the people on that planet into Xenos, where did they go? Per Alien, they can lie dormant for incredibly long periods.
>>
>>82960304
And the girl never fired the gun in Seagull because she didn't know how to load it
>>
File: 1493540777490.jpg (343KB, 640x877px) Image search: [Google]
1493540777490.jpg
343KB, 640x877px
>>82959982

>Ridley: "Oh, you want your movie with aliens in it? Not about God and ancient aliens creating humanity? Well FUCK YOU HERE'S YOUR GODDAMN ALIEN MOVIE! I HOPE YOU CHOKE ON IT!"

You know what I'm really starting to believe this is the deeper plot of the movie desu. It would explain a lot. I mean, covenant is literally a bunch of liberal dumbasses who myopically risk a grand mission due to idiocy and muh feels at every step of the way... and they're slaughtered for it and ultimately in a fucked up way David is proven right and is the ultimate victor and goes on to try to craft a more advanced creation because human beings after so many years of advancement really are really that fucking dumb and so was their emotional android (v1).

Does anyone here want to entertain the possibility that this is the underlying message of the film. From the way prometheus was setup (and I found it to be a stellar foundation), it didn't seem to be going this way..

But then based on the response, it seems Ridley really decided to give normies a big:
> fuck you
> You don't deserve to live on any longer

LMFAO... The madman actually did it.
Someone else confirm this is potentially what's going on.
>>
>>82960249
>The good Sci-fi horror goes deep and tugs at your fucking suck

>t. 10/10 "The Void" reviewer
>>
>>82960394
Almost as deep as Guardians of the Galaxy 2
>>
>>82960096
It's not 4d chess. Alien came out two years after Star Wars and has a lived in aesthetic for the spaceships. it is unsurprising if it is similar in other ways.
>>
File: basedAvp.webm (3MB, 940x400px) Image search: [Google]
basedAvp.webm
3MB, 940x400px
favourite scene?

Mine was the surprise appearance of the Predator
>>
Can anyone tl:dr me what happened between Prometheus and Convenant?
What did David do all that time?
>>
>>82960351
>if he turned all of the people on that planet into Xenos

they very clearly melted into black statues
>>
File: david alien covenant.jpg (273KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
david alien covenant.jpg
273KB, 1400x700px
>>82960394
>David is proven right and is the ultimate victor and goes on to try to craft a more advanced creation because human beings after so many years of advancement really are really that fucking dumb and so was their emotional android (v1).
>Does anyone here want to entertain the possibility that this is the underlying message of the film.
This has been my interpretation all along, going back to Prometheus.

David really is meant to be /ourguy/.
>>
>>82960474
He implanted a cuntburster in Shaw's womb
>>
>>82958635
the way i see it, he was willing to sacrifice the xeno to further his own cover and get the humans into cryosleep because he didn't plan for it to be onboard in the first place (no one knew the facehugger managed to egg the guy during their brief struggle). it wasn't part of his design, so he'd rather sacrifice it and get everyone back to cryosleep so he could properly utilize them for his own creations rather than have it free roam and fuck shit up freely just because it happened to sneak onboard

he also might not have imprinted on it like he did during that scene with the other xenomorph that popped out of the captain
>>
>>82960474

nobody knows until September.
>>
>>82960454
>yfw Engineers made Xenos to win a war against Predators

Pottery...
>>
>>82960454
>good editing
>good lighting
>well animated physical props

Jesus Christ Ridley, how did you manage to suck more than AvP?
>>
>>82960475
u avin a laff?

The "statues" were very clearly what was left of them. The rest were mutated into Xeno-like creatures, which you could see ripping them open and crawling out of them.
>>
I respect Ridley Scott for his visual sense, but he has no taste in writing. He can't tell the difference between a good script and a bad script before he signs on to a project.
>>
>>82960156
Sorry, I can't hear you over the $600 million that movie made.

>>82960192

>> No, they aren't. They make wrong decisions based on emotion or lack of information

Naw, stop trying to justify it. Kane was a fucking moron for sticking his face in something that clearly was foreign AND activated by him being close to it. That was not a "lack of information".

Alternatively, the panic attack on the drop ship in Covenant was a "wrong decisions based on emotion" just the same.

I mean, shit, in the first one, all they needed to do was see the Space Jockey, realize that whoever sent the beacon was dead, and just fuckin' left. Lambart straight up said "Let's get the hell outta here"; she knew the score. Kane then found a hole which was not naturally made (clearly MELTED, and whatever melted fucking metal can easily melt you!), and decided to go down it for whatever reason, instead of, I dunno, just poking your flashlight down and seeing what's below. Anyways, then Kane saw something and correctly deduced that they were eggs... eggs for what? Who knows, but only an idiot would stick around to try to find out. A harsh environment like LV-426 certainly wasn't going to give birth to friendly fuzzy space puppies.

So, sorry, but Alien1, Prom, and AlienC, they're all one in the same. They're either ALL fucking idiots or they ALL made shitty decisions based on "emotion" and/or "lack of information". None of the people in those movies made better decisions than the other.
>>
>>82960527
>>82960548
>>82960454
What if Walter is the one who created the Predators
>>
File: hack.jpg (128KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
hack.jpg
128KB, 1000x562px
Scott is a fucking

H A C K

A

C

K
>>
>>82960508
>no one knew the facehugger managed to egg the guy during their brief struggle

David put a new patch on his face that had the black goo on it. Movie clearly zoomed in on this patch with ominous music and then it cut to them putting jelly beans on his face and commenting how he would need plastic sugary because of how fucked it looked.
>>
>>82960144
Prometheus laid a foundation for explaining the creators and how the monster aliens came about.

Covenant could have literally been a deep film from start to finish about shaw and david going to the aliens home planet, learning about creation, learning about why the engineers wanted to harm human beings on earth, and still left tons of open ended questions for all sorts of forked off films.

Instead, we get dumb liberals on a grand mission who in turn fuck it up due to emotions and idiocy.
We get David arriving at the home planet of the creators.. Not asking a single fucking question and just blowing everyone the fuck out.

Either Ridley is that trash tier (hard to think after prometheus) or he decided to tell a tale of literal fucking hell and destruction for normies who have no appreciation for creation or anything in depth (see how the normies responded to prometheus).
>>
>>82960582
Can't hear you over the 3 billion Avatar made and the 1.5 billion Titanic made!
>implying you can compare to my box office
And I'm not even going to include T2 or T1.
>>
>>82960584
a. Canonically speaking, don't Predators already exist?

b. They aren't what he wants at all, they have their own culture and value system and goals. He wants something like the Xenos, that dont give a fuck about any of those things, they just kill and make more of themselves until they run out of biomass.
>>
>>82960608
Or he just knew from the wound that the guy had been in contact with a facehugger, and IRCC facehuggers have been able to work that fast in previous movies, as well.
>>
>>82960548
yeah im watching avp now and the xenos look so much better and feel good when there is an actor physically interacting with a model, these fight scenes are really enjoyable

pic not related but damn this queen is yuuge
>>82960584
>>
>>82960608
The goo itself just spawns neomorphs though, proper xenomorphs always come from facehugger infections

I don't remember David messing with the burn paste like that, the only scene like the one you described was the chick talking about how its only a temporary treatment and they need to get a real doctor to take care of it
>>
>>82960621
>learning about why the engineers wanted to harm human beings on earth,
They created humans with the intention of harming us.
>>
There are a mountain of issues with this movie, but I really want to know why when David is helping the two lure the alien, and it shows the underside of his chin, there is no mark from where he was stabbed with the nail.

They went to lengths to illustrate that David didn't have the healing capacity of Walter, so why was such a major thing missed?
>>
>>82960527
>>82960584
David vs predator when?
>>
>>82960621
>liberals
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>82960209
>TNG vs Aliens comic

God only knows what kind of contrived work around the writers of that would've thought up to get xenomorphs on the Enterprise. Maybe the transporters stopped working and they had to go from ship to surface and back on shuttlecrafts, or they beamed up a xeno egg.

But I think the Enterprise crew would've had a much easier time dealing with them: phasers could disintegrate xenomorphs without dropping a single drop of acid blood, facehuggers could be beamed off someone, along with the chestburster it planted into the poor sucker... aliens could be lured into the holodeck, or squished using force fields... etc. Just another day in Starfleet, I guess.

>>82960096
>Covenant was literally Alien (1979) + 5 minutes of an advanced alien home planet

I realize the hip thing lately is to psudo-reboot a movie series by taking elements from the first film and updating it to modern sensebilities (I'm looking at you, The Force Awakens)... but Covenant was not it.

>>82960323

I was actually expecting that David used black goo to transmute Shaw into an Alien Queen-esque creature and forced her to lay facehugger eggs. Because to be honest, David never did get into where the eggs actually came from...
>>
>>82953038
fuck off, imbecile.

I guess you didn't like prometheus and you like ripley in aliens as a character

fucking piece of shit, idiot retard
>>
Ok so for the new age pandering we have:
- interracial couple
- homosexual couple
- jewish crew member

Did I miss anyone?
>>
>>82960720
Predators are so primitive and single-minded it's hard to believe they could care about science enough to make all of the tech they have. David would play 14-D chess with those niggas.
>>
the full grown neomorph was kinda hot though tbqhwyf
>>
>>82960288
Oh vey I noticed it too such a shame how that alien killed 600 of us in that movie
>>
>>82960640
>Can't hear you over the 3 billion Avatar made and the 1.5 billion Titanic made!

> justifying Space Dances With Wolves

So help me with this... are you implying that more money makes a movie better?

> And I'm not even going to include T2 or T1.

The Terminator franchise has been raped by so many other people, turned into a PG-13 schlock with the last one. At least Ridley had the honor to go back and fix the Alien franchise before it got to releasing PG-13 movies on a regular basis.
>>
>>82960764
Why does simply having characters with these traits upset you so much? I could understand if it was hamfisted, or shoved down your throat, but it wasn't. They didn't spend a bunch of time dwelling on it, they just moved on.
>>
>>82960429
The normies were victorious in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Ridley (the mad man) actually blew them the fuck out and made the victor someone who maintained that they didn't deserve to live any longer.

Per what I suggested and the outcome of Prometheus, Covenant wasn't meant to be deep (if you didn't catch this subtle jab)..

covenant: a formal and serious agreement or promise.

As I recall, the maintained promise of the creators of several belief systems is : If you don't get your act together, I'm going to come back an fucking destroy you.

I don't think Ridley intended for the follow up film to Prometheus to be this but did so based on Prometheus' response and did so like a madman.

I hear few people talking about this even though it is highly plausible which makes me think this potentially flew over a lot of people's heads as did many of the concepts in prometheus.
>>
>>82955376

At least Star Trek has tricorders to scan for germs. Prometheus had absolutely nothing.
>>
File: 1491066625155.jpg (184KB, 800x980px) Image search: [Google]
1491066625155.jpg
184KB, 800x980px
>>82960522
I see what you did there you fuckin madman ..
>>
>>82960843
On the contrary it doesn't upset me or anything in that sense. Some of these just seemed like paperthin characterizations is all.
>>
>>82960845
>covenant: a formal and serious agreement or promise.

And thus "Alien - Awakening" simply means "Alien - Red Pill"

PURE POTTERY!!!
>>
>>82960764
Muslim gay guy
Redneck gay guy
>>
>>82960793
In my head the Predator movies all involve the asshole rednecks on their society dicking around on primitive worlds
>>
File: 1464085424384.jpg (19KB, 297x247px) Image search: [Google]
1464085424384.jpg
19KB, 297x247px
>>82960843
>didn't spend a bunch of time dwelling on it
>literal interracial shower sex scene, full-on gratuitous with penetration implied by the way he gets right up on her
>put in for absolutely no reason, the movie would not have changed whatsoever whether we saw lashontelle fucking dallas debbie or not

you're right, anon. absolutely no narrative being created here.
>>
>that flute scene
my family laughed
>>
File: 1494032074379.jpg (23KB, 672x434px) Image search: [Google]
1494032074379.jpg
23KB, 672x434px
>mfw Michael Fassbender kissing himself
>>
Thanks to Covenant I have concluded that Ash must've been a crappy budget model since he can't do even half the shit David and Walter can.
>>
>>82961159
that was retarded in every way anyway.

ayy the whole crew just died now let's fugg
>>
>>82961197
They were just glad to be alive dude.
>>
>>82960713
That's not the framing Prometheus examples.
At the opening of the film you see an engineer arriving on a planet, digesting the black goop, and breaking apart into strands of DNA which then begin recombining. Literally sacrificing himself for creation.

That literally could have been earth and the creators could have come here to allow a new creation of theres to flourish. All of human history could have then transpired for which the creators simply wanted us to advance, come to know ourselves, and come to know them and get our act together and find them.

Instead.... :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5j1Y8EGWnc

So, there is no initial violence.. He doesn't want to destroy humans. He wants to know why they are there. There is no idea of what the black goop or transport ship yet you have shaw freaking the fuck out like a dumbass .. you have guns drawn .. Wayland tells him to shoot her if she keeps mouthing off ...

Then, wayland tells the engineer he's there because he wants to (((Live forever))) then he keeps going and points out his own creation and how he (((made him in his own image))) so that he can be (((perfect))). Then he says he (((deserves))) immortality because he is (((superior))) .. He's says to the engineer : We are creators .. We are (((gods))) and (((gods))) never die.. Yet the creators (engineers) had to die to create them...

Bro, what the fuck do you think is supposed to happen .. What do you think Ridley is framing here. You come to the creators and example that this is the low tier shit you've become...

So, that planet was likely a science lab with no ill-intent. You arrive there as the engineers expected you to and told you to come to when you became advanced enough to know how. You arrive and the engineer asks you why are you there and you carry on w/ that bullshit and stated purpose.

Do you get prometheus now?
Do you get how people's response to it literally formulated the tale told in covenant?
>>
>>82957566
Lots of laughter at that scene, and the bull shit "come with me" line.
>>
>>82961213
but not for long
>>
>>82961237
That's the joke, yo.
>>
>>82961229

at least they cut out the "if you want to live" part.
>>
>>82960736

The mainstream response to Prometheus dictated how Ridley concluded the franchise with Covenant. Prometheus was centered on critiquing the wrong path desired of the human race w.r.t to technological advancement. Normies hated it for that and thus Ridley blew them the fuck out in Covenant via a depiction of them being BTFO due to their shortcomings. Do you see this yet?
>>
So why the fuck was James Franco even in the movie?
>>
>>82961281
I liked how he died in the first 10 minutes desu

he must have been so excited to star in the Alien franchise only to be scrapped almost instantly
>>
>>82957019
go kill yourself now and do the gene pool a favor ya twat. aliens was a masterpiece. fuck you for breathing you slack jawed idiot
>>
"Come with me"

"Hold it right there, mister or I'll have my crew open fire. You aren't going anywhere until you explain yourself to my satisfaction."
>>
>>82961304
He was probably very well aware he'd be in it for 10 minutes. Got a very easy paycheck out of it
>>
Wait, David boarded Covenant without being detected because Mother had been turned off, right?
>>
>>82961281
Yeah it was stupid all he did was get baked his entire time on screen
>>
>>82958973
retconned chestbursters into anywhere they want to go out via spine or through your throat
>>
I liked the gore

>when the alien falls out of his fucking back
>>
The only good movie was the second one. Fight me.
>>
>>82961159
>just a slasher scene in the classic vein of the franchise and wider genre
>THEY CAN'T RACEMIX, IT'S NOT FAIR!
Pray tell, wny not?
>>
>>82958354
This.

Plus those fuckers that got wasted looked NOTHING like the Adonis brick shithouse that fucked shit up in the last act of Prometheus.
>>
>>82953275
>it gave me a lot to think about.
See a doctor,Im not joking.
>>
For the love of god!!! Bring back a decent fucking queen to this franchise sometime pleaaaaaaaase ridley that is all i ask, i want a dope ass hive with a queen
>>
File: haw!.png (17KB, 614x604px) Image search: [Google]
haw!.png
17KB, 614x604px
>>82961340
>>
>>82959064
i'm more pissed when "walter" was stapling his fucking face and the bitch wanted to help do it. i knew right then and there it was david because we saw him regenerate when david stabbed walter in the neck with a flute

but do we know that the crew knows their androids are built like that?
>>
>>82960351
Perhaps they don't have a long lifespan and David engineered them have a longer gestation period inside a host as well as a longer dormancy / life period.
>>
File: 1492241700553.jpg (16KB, 447x444px) Image search: [Google]
1492241700553.jpg
16KB, 447x444px
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkXgRlRao5I

>Franco says I'm just burning up

IT'S LIKE POETRY
>>
I don't know how I feel about David being the creator of the Xenomorphs.

It feels really weird to see after almost 40 years of thinking they were their own species, it was really an edgy robot that made them.
>>
Is it wrong that I think Daniels is cuter than both Shaw and Ripley?

I wanna build a cabin by the lake with her.
>>
>>82961506
Oh shit I never seen this.
I guess Franco being in this wasn't a surprise for some people
>>
>>82960715
I believe he had the device Shaw used on him to reattach his head somewhere in his quarters. He simply used it to heal that small wound and presto! None would be the wiser.
>>
>>82960744
>I was actually expecting that David used black goo to transmute Shaw into an Alien Queen-esque creature and forced her to lay facehugger eggs. Because to be honest, David never did get into where the eggs actually came from...

I would've preferred this so much. Then again, Shaw probably would've wasted David had she began to ascend her own humanity, so that probably wasn't in the best of his own insane interests.
>>
>>82958685
Prometheus is like The Phantom Menace. Completely retarded, but it had character.

Covenant is like The Force Awakens. A soulless facsimile of the original, but competently made.
>>
File: 1488227525338.gif (1MB, 200x254px) Image search: [Google]
1488227525338.gif
1MB, 200x254px
>>82960394
>>
>>82960122
>how did he get eggs with no queen

Shaw's ovaries.
>>
File: 1484492998802.jpg (114KB, 1204x680px) Image search: [Google]
1484492998802.jpg
114KB, 1204x680px
>>82961340
I'm fucking dying here.
>>
File: 1404272174780.gif (2MB, 331x197px) Image search: [Google]
1404272174780.gif
2MB, 331x197px
>>82961340
>>
>>82953609
The captain had a gun and just killed a neomorph, so he thought he was safe and in charge of the situation. He demanded an explanation and David told him to follow him and then began to tell his story. The captain was just being overwhelmed. y the situation anyway, his wife had just died, half of his crew butchered in front of him, they were stranded on an alien planet with things trying to kill them, this David android is acting fucking weird, he's feeling lost and ashamed because it was his idea to come to the planet... And like it was already established earlier, he doesn't really handle pressure well, it's obviously part of why he was considered not to be the best candidate to be Captain for the mission, hence why he only got the job after James Franco died, and why he was mostly reacting to shit rather than being effective, confidently in charge of the situation while leading his crew.
>>
Guys, stop pretending Aliens' egg cycle is canon for Scott's universe.

If there's one idea Scott does better; it would be that in the original movie it's an alien biomechanical weapon and not a space ant.

tl;dr, it'll eat waste matter and secrete webbing/construction that would turn live organisms into more eggs.

Then the adults die out due to their insanely fast metabolism.

That's why there's no actual xenomorph outside of the eggs in the original film.

The perfect organism, not a fucking space ant.
>>
>>82961596
Which is why he didn't let the xeno kill what's her name. He was trying to keep her alive to make a queen.
>>
>>82961225
>That literally could have been earth and the creators could have come here to allow a new creation of theres to flourish. All of human history could have then transpired for which the creators simply wanted us to advance, come to know ourselves, and come to know them and get our act together and find them.
>could have
>could have
>could have
Yeah, except NOTHING in the film points to this being the case. All indications suggest the opposite.

>So, there is no initial violence.. He doesn't want to destroy humans. He wants to know why they are there. There is no idea of what the black goop or transport ship yet you have shaw freaking the fuck out like a dumbass
She had good reason to freak out, by that point they had seen how terrible the goop was firsthand. Also, lol at the idea that the Engineers were totally benign and friendly until she raiser her voice, or because Weyland asked a favor, then he decided to go on a killing spree. You can really see how much he values human life in the way he tosses people around the room like ragdolls.

>So, that planet was likely a science lab with no ill-intent.
Ah, going with the "Xenos are misunderstood pets" line, I see.

>You arrive there as the engineers expected you to and told you to come to when you became advanced enough to know how. You arrive and the engineer asks you why are you there and you carry on w/ that bullshit and stated purpose.
Yeah, they were so excited about bringing you there and uplifting your species until they met you, then they immediately decided to exterminate you instead. Seems like they're super into the value of life.

Your whole post really made me think.
>>
>>82961275
>critiquing the wrong path desired of the human race w.r.t to technological advancement
What is this wrong path? Wanting a longer lifespan? Why is that such a crime that it merits sending a super-powered bioweapon to your planet?
>>
>>82961281
>hibernation pods that spontaneously incinerate their occupants
What did they mean by this?

>made by General Motors
>>
>>82961506

>is he gone?
>yep.
>let's party!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wNzaQTMj4o
>she make my heart stop drop and roll
>I’m on fire baby yes I know
>I’m on fire when you touch my soul
>I’m on fire baby yes I know
>I’m on fire when you touch my soul

what did they mean by this?
>>
>>82961762
> Yeah, except NOTHING in the film points to this being the case. All indications suggest the opposite.
Explain yourself. All indicators including the name of the movie point to what I suggested as does 'covenant'. That's seemingly flying over your head.

> She had good reason to freak out, by that point they had seen how terrible the goop was firsthand.
Does the engineer seem like he wants to murder their faces? Does he not ask them why they are there calmly? Does he not get mad only at the point that they give shit tier reasons?

> Also, lol at the idea that the Engineers were totally benign and friendly until she raiser her voice, or because Weyland asked a favor, then he decided to go on a killing spree.

Are we watching the same video? Are some people really this blind? He calmly engages them, asks them questions while they are showing themselves to be arrogant savages who want to live forever who don't, even with all their advancements get the point of life or creation. Wayland doesn't ask for a favor. He arrogantly pronounces that he wants to live forever and is a god who has created equal marvels and thus deserve it. He myopically doesn't understand that creation requires sacrifice.

You really don't seem to know anything about what covenant means or what tales of old have spoken about w.r.t to creation.. It's ok desu. It doesn't seem to be meant for you.

>So, that planet was likely a science lab with no ill-intent.

You have no clue what any of that is used for.
I'd think you wouldn't be so stupid so as to rush contact with something like that. Maybe I'm wrong about the state of humanity. I don't personally tend to go rushing to idiotically dive into something that looks that serious.

> Yeah, they were so excited about bringing you there and uplifting your species until they met you, then they immediately decided to exterminate you instead.
Covenants are that serious
>>
I liked this movie a lot.
Philosophy? Sprinkled here and there.
Horror? Some good "oh fuck that's horrible." and not just "JUMPSCARE" moments
Action? Tons
Characters? I liked everyone with 5 or more lines.
Story? Same shit, different people

Alien isn't a Kino and if you treat it like a major impactful movie then you're not enjoying it for what it is: A good dramatic movie.
>>
>>82961787
Wanting to live forever and not understanding that creation requires the sacrifice of that privilege.

Arrogantly pronouncing that you're God.
Being violent, unruly, and divided after 1000s of years of civilization and technological development that allow you to be face to face with your creator.

^rewatch it. There is calm dialogue up until the point that wayland beings spouting off idiocy and the crew begins fighting.

> Why is that such a crime that it merits sending a super-powered bioweapon to your planet?

Arriving at a point that you meet your maker and demonstrating that you have failed to understand and/or uphold a pre-ordained and widely discussed (across multiple civilizations) covenant. Arriving at that point and your only concerns are being immortal, being arrogant, coming with weapons, screaming like tards, getting ready to blow someone's head off if they shut up...

This being your ambassadors .. This being who you send to represent you. You don't know if it was a bio-weapon. You don't know why they were going to earth. They created you and told you to come meet them...

Take a look at the landing strip.. There were 5 temples. They weren't crash sites.

Why do you think your creator would create you only to destroy some? Maybe its time to read the tales of older civilizations.
>>
File: 1494614082494.jpg (5KB, 145x174px) Image search: [Google]
1494614082494.jpg
5KB, 145x174px
Why was David kissing everybody, he was such a smoocher.
>>
>>82962152
he wanted to create babbies
>>
>>82956994
My audience did too anon.
>>
File: 1494428083235.jpg (91KB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494428083235.jpg
91KB, 960x480px
>>82958849

It's the first of their ships to return in over 1,000 years (3,000 years?) . Of course it's a big event.
>>
>>82961159
Racemixing occurs in Alien Reshartingen. A FUCKING MEXICAN WHORE and a whiteman
>>
>>82962152
he wasn't programmed for sex
>>
>>82960217
I just reported your ass, you fucking piece of shit
>>
>>82961989
>Explain yourself. All indicators including the name of the movie point to what I suggested as does 'covenant'.
They simply describe creation. That does not imply benign intent.

>Does the engineer seem like he wants to murder their faces? Does he not ask them why they are there calmly? Does he not get mad only at the point that they give shit tier reasons?
He doesn't murder their faces right away because he is so dazed he can barely stand. He starts murdering them when he realizes that they're his lab rats run amok.

>Are some people really this blind? He calmly engages them
You are fucking blind to the difference between being calm and friendly, and being dazed coming out of a bajillion year coma.

>He myopically doesn't understand that creation requires sacrifice.
"Let's hear what this guy has to say. Oh wait, he doesn't share my philosophical viewpoint? Time to squash him like a bug."
I could go on about the meaning of creation and sacrifice and how they could be interpreted, but it should be enough to point out how ridiculous of a reaction that is in the context you're projecting.

>You have no clue what any of that is used for.
Yeah, because there are so many different uses for killer monsters that turn every living thing they come into contact with into more killer monsters.
>doubling down on the "Xenos are just misunderstood pets" rationale
>>
>>82958136
>>don't create countermeasure for the possibility that a single molecule of black goo reaches homeworld

That's a stupid argument that could be applied to every weapon

>human create nuclear weapons, don't create actual efficient countermeasures for the possibility that a single nuke go off in the homeland
>>
>>82962122
>There is calm dialogue up until the point that wayland beings spouting off idiocy and the crew begins fighting.
There is a calm dialogue up until the point that Weyland tells him that he is one of their created test species, at which point the Engineer realizes he need show them no more regard than a guinea pig.

>failed to understand and/or uphold a pre-ordained and widely discussed (across multiple civilizations) covenant.
"No one told us about that."
>LOL, too bad fgt! xD LMFAO

>You don't know if it was a bio-weapon.
Yes, because there are so many other things it could be.

>You don't know why they were going to earth.
It's not hard to figure you out when you stick to what's actually in the film instead of completely projecting some pseudo-religious horseshit onto it.

>told you to come meet them...
Now, THAT is something that can't be gathered from the film.

>Why do you think your creator would create you only to destroy some?
Why do we inject rats with all kinds of chemicals, or send dogs into space on rockets with no way to safely recover them? For science.
>>
>>82962650
>turn every living thing they come into contact with into more killer monsters

Except for the beginning of Prometheus when it creates the entire human race.
>>
>>82962497
>It's the first of their ships to return
That's my point, if they were the actual Engineers, wouldn't they have ships coming and going all the time, all over the galaxy?
>>
>>82958560
>Putting the crew back to sleep and then doing his thing was Plan B
Not, that was the plan A. He could not have known that the spic was infected. He was fighting Walther when that happened, remember ?
>>
>>82962629
>misusing the report function
>announcing your report

Enjoy your ban.
>>
>>82959021
It's in the trailer
>>
>>82962789
>Except for the beginning of Prometheus when it creates the entire human race.
Present even a shred of evidence that that stuff must be the same thing that's in the canisters.
>>
File: 1491439026539.jpg (140KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1491439026539.jpg
140KB, 640x640px
Stream link when?
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.