[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how would YOU reboot the x-files? here's my ideas: >exploding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

File: 1400043082573.jpg (250KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1400043082573.jpg
250KB, 720x540px
how would YOU reboot the x-files?
here's my ideas:
>exploding telephones, suspicious plane and car accidents
>mytharc would start with typical alien abduction and ufo stuff, then pan out into military abductions, underground bases and secret space programs in cahoots with grey aliens and reptilians
>mulder is a gay muslim jew with cerebral palsy and scully is a balding transsexual with autism
>>
>>82915631
>mulder is a gay muslim jew with cerebral palsy and scully is a balding transsexual with autism
Why you have to be so cynical my man?
>>
>>82915631
I wouldnt
>>
File: Untitled.png (951KB, 1680x596px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
951KB, 1680x596px
>>82915658
you don't think it would be good tv? I haven't thought about what skinner would be like yet
>>
>>82915631
>how would YOU reboot the x-files?
>here's my ideas:

Make a new series
Make vague allusions to X-files
explore my own mythos without getting bogged down in its overarching plot that Chris Carter can't even keep straight.

Pretty much Fringe 2.0
>>
File: borland is not amused.jpg (140KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
borland is not amused.jpg
140KB, 1440x1080px
>>82915631
>rebooting the xfiles
>>
File: s20e24.png (285KB, 624x464px) Image search: [Google]
s20e24.png
285KB, 624x464px
>>82915727
>Pretty much Fringe 2.0
roofs the limit for you huh. bet you actually watched fringe too lol
>>82915971
it's practically begun already
>>
>>82916002
>roofs the limit for you huh. bet you actually watched fringe too lol

You're a regular Lestrade, bet you can tell me what direction the sun will rise too!
>>
im up to season 5 in my bluray collection.
good god there is a lot of filler episodes.

i would want to see a new xfiles series go for the real conspiracies and make a stab at what goes on behind the curtain.
cia running drugs and helping shift focus and blame to users.
administration being coerced in to child abuse so the higher ups have something to control them with.
military industrial complex making up wars so that tax money can be handed over to private companies that are in on the scam.

stuff like that
>>
X-Files just makes me sad. It is one of those shows that could have been so much better than it was. Great cast and premise, but so many episodes that are just mediocre to bad.
>>
>>82915631
I don't know why Chris Carter is so messy with this show, just finish this fuck already. He had a chance to do it on last season.
>>
>>82916219
Yeah. Also Russians buying politicians, hacking elections, assassinating people who leak damaging info on the DNC, running huge propaganda campaigns and funding racist movements around the West.
>>
File: 1402366583884.jpg (48KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1402366583884.jpg
48KB, 600x450px
>>82916317
not in my thread please
>>
>>82916317
Even Feinstein admitted there was no evidence of Russian collusion. Whens this narrative going to fucking die?
>>
>>82916390
>Even Feinstein

oh well if (((Feinstein))) said so!!
>>
>>82916390
When Drumpf stops draining Pootaints balls
>>
>>82915631
I wouldn't make a new x-files, but a cross between the x-files, twilight zone, men in black, and the SCP foundation.
Keep it very episodic with a rotating cast.
>>
>>82916929
Basically this, the show would be from the viewpoint of the conspiracy and what they do, try to humanise them too.
>negotiate with ayys
>wipe out monsters and cover up their existence
>dealing with curious journalists and truth seekers
>>
>>82917451
More or less. But you can go all over the place with the idea, play it weird as fuck.
>>
File: Rust and Marty.jpg (89KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
Rust and Marty.jpg
89KB, 580x326px
>>82915631
Unironically this.
>>
>>82920150
Rick and Morty?
>>
I wouldn't.

But what I would like to do is make an off-Broadway musical version that heavily derives from the source material but rather is more close to what it was originally supposed to be (before it was picked up by FOX).
>>
>>82915631
bald mulder
>>
File: 1489974836969.png (964KB, 1280x546px) Image search: [Google]
1489974836969.png
964KB, 1280x546px
>>82915631
I started to watch this from season 1 a few days ago. I have seen the first 3 episodes and I lost interest really quick. I remember this being scary and interesting to me when I was very young in the 90's. I'm used to the modern way of storytelling in tv shows today where every episode is a continuation. (One big story) X Files seems to be setup like a sitcom where every episode is a different story packed into 40 minutes. Is this just how the show is? What am I missing here when does it get good?
>>
nice dead thread faggots
>>
>>82915658
Scully will also have to be black. Why are you racist anon?
>>
>>82915631
wow whoever said the alt right can't be funny?
>>
What happened to xfiles being back?

The series reboot ended over a year ago right? Was it cancelled?
>>
>>82926378
Its back next winter
>>
>>82922367
>Not watching x-files to stare at the beautiful Gillian Anderson
>Thinking there is no 'bigger story'
I can't tell if you are legit trolling or if you are just a retard. " I saw the first 3 episodes where is the story????"
>>
>>82927024
I'm a retard for expecting a show to be good. Cool dude nice input. What's your favorite season?
>>
>>82915658
lol thats not cynicism, you pussy liberal dickwipe retard. thats just being realistic

/r/eddit libtards need to get go back
>>
I wouldn't mind a reboot, with new characters. Both skeptical of their beliefs.
Mulder is dead, Scully some sort of Politician.
>>
>>82915631
Wouldn't make a reboot, but a prequel series. Would follow Mulder Sr., CSM, and Deep Throat, starting with Roswell in '47 and continuing to the 50s & 60s.

>that old era America aesthetic
>height of cold war hysteria as part of the atmosphere
>get to see each character's rise to power and eventual corruption
>throw in a red head qt for the hell of it

Could be pretty kino desu
>>
MISSING 411
>>
>>82922367
>when does it get good?
in the pilot you massive pleb
>>
>>82927660
so I'm not missing anything. it's just shit
>>
i'd make a reboot w/ two new agents looking after mulder's notes and reporting directly to scully who's now assistant director
instead of having that sort of duo "one is a believer and the other is a skeptic" they would both be foes who don't buy any of the alien stuff but as the show goes they can't explain the cases they face
also, instead of having separate myth arc and monster of the week episodes i'd make all episodes both, having cases directly related to a bigger conspiracy but not dropping that nice atmosphere the good monster of the weeks had
>>
Make X files the Media alsoways talk about trump because it gets attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/bql0uI9GIYs?t=1m28s
>>
>redditshits actually encouraging reboots of anything
kys
>>
>>82915631
Don't

FOX is gonna try and reboot it with those new clone agents who look like Mulder and Scully

but replacing them failed before

The whole appeal of the show is the interactions between Mulder and Scully as played by Duchovny and Anderson. It cannot be remade
>>
>>82926378
>>82926816
I just want a damn 3rd movie to end the stupid story

no Zombie-Files with new agents please god
>>
>>82915631
Since we live in the times of internet, mystery has to be much more convoluted to stay believable. I would make a story arc about NASA discovering an alien base on Mars and covering it up, that's believable.
>>
Revolt against the left, just switch sides and make it very public, Expect the working class to react by supporting Your interests.

This is the Law.
>>
It would be a contiuation

Mulders missing and has been for a couple years.

William becomes aware of his adoption and finds out about Mulders disappearance So he joins the FBI to re-open TXF to give him insight and resources to figure out what happened and to understand himself and his abilities better.

So pretty much a rehash of the original except the lead has a paranormal edge..
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.