[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the only anime adaptation that would never have a problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_5073.jpg (45KB, 900x350px)
IMG_5073.jpg
45KB, 900x350px
This is the only anime adaptation that would never have a problem with white washing right? I mean there's literally only one Japanese character. No way they could screw that up.
>>
>>82915519
Johann would be cast as Idris Elba..
>>
Well there's tons of european fantasy shit that would work too
>>
>>82915563
Like what?
>>
>>82915573
berserk, nanatsu no taizai, grimgar, gunka no baltzar, arslan senki
>>
File: 1480311006426.gif (3MB, 300x264px) Image search: [Google]
1480311006426.gif
3MB, 300x264px
>>82915519
the protagonist IS the problem. No one would ever cast a Japanese lead.
Anyway the Monster anime is pretty fucking stereotypical and mediocre up until the very last act so I wouldn't be too excited for an adaptation anyway
>>
>>82915519
Who could play Tenma? He's a very hansy boy Japjap, I don't have a good actor in my head.
>>
File: 5383096-18.jpg (466KB, 900x1280px) Image search: [Google]
5383096-18.jpg
466KB, 900x1280px
Vinland Saga would make a perfect transition
>>
>>82915690
Johan is such a treat though!
>>
interesting premise ruined by a villain that doesn't make sense and constant filler that doesn't really fit anything. Characters act unreasonably and the best character, lunge, exists just so that tenma can have someone chasing him as he chases johann
I quit around episode 70. Right about when johann psychologically tortures a kid and tries to get him to kill himself for no reason other than "I am crazy and like hurting people"
>>
>>82916220
Whoa you don't like Johan?? For what reasons?
>>
>>82915519
>This is the only anime adaptation that would never have a problem with white washing
>right?
how when this anime has not only a white main protag, but British as well
>>
>>82916220
>implying people aren't sadistic for no good reason all the time in real life and you don't get people who dedicate their entire life to it
>>
>>82916248
it's not that I didn't like him. it's that my interest with him waxed and waned throughout the story.
They should have either kept more of him a mystery for longer, so that the audience would want to know more about him. or alternatively reveal things at the pace they did, but ditch how far-reaching his influence is. at one point he, a college aged kid, is essentially running an organization full of armed men willing to die for him when a few months earlier he was going from house to house manipulating and killing foster parents.
The peak of interest was him trying to manipulate that blind old man in hamburg, that was genuinely interesting. The subsequent stuff with grimmer and the czech secret police fucking around was a low point. the show could have done without several filler episodes that really added nothing. I like the comfy parts where tenma is helping random people, don't get me wrong. But the grimmer stuff was just bafflingly bad.
>>
>>82916220
>I quit around episode 70
kek

you know theres only 74 episodes right
>>
>>82915547
lol
>>
File: mootwo.jpg (24KB, 550x332px) Image search: [Google]
mootwo.jpg
24KB, 550x332px
>>82915712
>Who could play Tenma? He's a very hansy boy Japjap, I don't have a good actor in my head.
I do.
>>
>>82915635
Berserk is impossible to pull off properly in live action or anime for that matter.
>>
>>82915519
Wasn't Del Toro involved with this with HBO at one point?

Shame it fell through, but I don't think it could really be improved upon.
>>
>>82916220
Johan makes sense. You should rewatch
>>
>>82916500
You did not understand anything about this show
>>
they would still call it cultural apropraorgpsgn cause normies DO NOT care about source material. theyre very racist:

>japanese people made it so it MUST star japanese actors!!!
>>
File: DetroitMetalCity.jpg (135KB, 437x600px)
DetroitMetalCity.jpg
135KB, 437x600px
Even a white-washed version of Detroit Metal City would be funny, I think. Leader of a death metal band secretly yearns to play indie pop. Throw in a couple of oddball characters. That's a hard premise to fuck up.
>>
>>82915519
Even the japanese agree that the standard anime style depicts mostly white looking people
>>
>>82918400
>sourceless shitposter again
Monster is an exception however, where the characters' races are explicitly stated and their features are evident
>>
Attack on Titan has mostly white characters

Theres some asians, mixed asians, and like one black character
>>
File: IMG_9330.jpg (92KB, 600x767px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9330.jpg
92KB, 600x767px
>>82919643
Is Ymir black? She was a slave from a distant land
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.