[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Regardless of the effects, script and editing, what are your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 31

Regardless of the effects, script and editing, what are your feelings about the lore, plot and story direction of Prometheus/Covenant?

Is this a viable, interesting or failed path for the franchise to take?
>>
>>82911957
I was dubious but after seeing covenant today i like where its going, and the ending was sinister as fuck. changes how you view the older films now, and the tiny xeno praise the sun made me chuckle
>>
>and the tiny xeno praise the sun made me chuckle
>you will never bash this faggot's brain in
>>
>>82912128
Fucking hate chucklers.
>david teaches walter how to play the flute
>"i hope my fucktarded manchild audience doesnt fucking laugh"
>they dont
Felt good desu
>>
It's an interesting path since it allows different kinds of xenos to appear.

It is also bad in the way that it uses a single individual with questionable at best motives to be the ultimate bad guy.
>>
>>82911957
I do think it's interesting. It's probably the only thing they could have done for further Alien films that wouldn't just be ALIENS ON EARTH, IN CITIES, OMG.

The philosophical aspect however is hamfisted and it would be better to remain vaguely allegorical. But the canon that mankind was the misbegotten experiment of some alien race just cements the nihilism of the first film.
>>
>>82912275
This feels like studio meddling. They're banking big on Fassbender so they're making sure he gets top billing.

In a twisted way he's almost the reverse of Ripley/Weaver.
>>
>>82911957
>tiny xeno hands
GOAT.
Alien Covenant is completely the right direction. Ridley is doing God's work although the movie did still suffer from imperfection (because humans can never match the perfection of God).
I'm hoping there will be more creatures. More bursters. More cute facehugger embryos.
>>
File: Tfw too smart Ridley Scott.jpg (405KB, 867x860px) Image search: [Google]
Tfw too smart Ridley Scott.jpg
405KB, 867x860px
>>82911957
https://variety.com/2017/film/features/ridley-scott-honored-with-hands-and-feet-ceremony-1202425184/
>>
>>82911957
funny how they beat the 'kill an entire civilization' score set by Stargate.
They killed the Engineers faster than Stargate could make the Asgard do mass suicide. Really weird how none of the crew was surprised by the buildings/structures/whatever civilization used to live there.
>>
>>82913161
My main gripe with the film, editing aside, was how characters reactions to things, or rather lack thereof.
McBride's character was in orbit the whole time unaware of what was happening on the surface, he goes down and has an honest to god alien jump on his ship out of nowhere. Outside of displaying some concern he seems completely unfased.
>>
>>82913161
Yeah I agree, it's weird, but I've kind of accepted it since Alien to me (both the original and this one) feel more like fever dreams in space than actual sci-fi movies.
>>
>>82913161
>>82913317
>>82913328
Another thing to keep in mind though is time constraint. There's probably a lot of scenes that were cut from the theatrical version, you can see some of them in the trailers.
>>
>tfw want to go see this movie but can't rely on /tv/'s hype anymore because I got tricked into watching BvS based on threads here saying it was great and to ignore paid critics but it was dogshit and it seems like Alien Covenant threads are the same way
>>
>>82913366
I missed a bunch, like the scene where Daniels talks about the crew being made up of couples, for instance.

It felt rushed in several ways.
>>
>it was a crazy robot all along

radical
>>
>>82911957
Put it this way, the only way I can appreciate the classics in the series now is if I forget this garbage exists.
>>
>>82913392
Covenant has some really bad shit. The alien is full CG and is very obviously clipping through floors in one scene.

Other than that it's better than Prometheus for the most part, outside of the retarded "spore aliens" and lack of quarantine, space suits and safety.
>>
>>82912224
Lucky.

>"fingering"
Several geeks start cracking up.

Worst audience I've been in over the past few years.

>"I find it hard to believe life was created from a random spontaneous molecular occurrence"
Some sperg in the audience goes "but it was"
>Several people start howling in laughter
>>
>>82913317
there is attention to detail but in the wrong ways. Correct anon
>>
>>82913392
It's mostly good. Also, you should've known better regarding that capeshit movie. Just by the name you can tell that it will suck.
Go see it nigger.
>>
>Fassbender in the cave hovering over the captains body before it combusts

Godlike. Everything about that scene.
>>
>>82913317
I also wonder how they could not have spotted a city out of all things from orbit, and also the city scenes were almost non-existent, as far as I remember they enter some entrance, go through that circle place where David genocided a race, and then are in that temple on top
I do give bonus points for the great space scenes and athmosphere scenes, cgi was a bit fake here and there but good overall

>>82913328
probably true, but unlike the first alien the main character in this one was a bit more uncertain, a lot of characters got the same amount of time

>>82913366
this is probably the main culprit, but honestly I wouldn't have minded a 3 hour film to flesh things out, especially a bit about the backstory between David genociding everyone till David doing that thing to Shaw,could include David studying engineer tech too
>>
I honestly think the reason the ship crashed was because Shaw woke up, found out what David was up to, and decided to take the best option to ensure David wouldn't return to Earth to genocide humans, although I don't know why the Engineers don't have more ships
>>
>>82913547
There were 15 people in my theater tops, that probably helped.
There was a mild response during the gay selfcest kiss however. Which is superb, by the way. When Walter is impaled through the neck and he folds up into a dying pose it got a shiver out of me. Probably the only really spooky moment in the film.
>>
>>82913721
>probably true, but unlike the first alien the main character in this one was a bit more uncertain

We're led to believe the main character is Danny in the manner of a classical Alien heroine, but in many ways the main character really is David.
>>
>>82913773
I really liked Walter in this film, was such a bro, Davids model was a mistake
>>
>>82913721
>I also wonder how they could not have spotted a city out of all things from orbit,
Ion storm would be the excuse for that I suppose. It was overcast most of the time.

Come to think of it I'm kind of annoyed that they landed within walking distance of David's ship. They weren't tracking a beacon or anything. They just approached the planet from a random angle, explored randomly and randomly found the Engineer ship that Shaw had piloted.
>>
>>82913948
>They weren't tracking a beacon or anything

theyw ere tracking the origin of that radio message the bearded guy heard while repairing the recharge sails.
>>
>>82913317
This was a problem in the original Alien. Remember when they find a huge derelict ship and are completely blase about it? They were impressed by the size of it but otherwise never acknowledged what a big deal it should have been
>>
>>82913713
You sound like a fag.
>>
If Walter was such a bro, why is Ash such a cunt?
>>
File: 15817524cb44kL1qe.gif (1017KB, 500x207px) Image search: [Google]
15817524cb44kL1qe.gif
1017KB, 500x207px
>>82914152
He was a little twitchy.
>>
>>82914152
Mad because he got put in an uggo body rather than David's aryan model.
>>
>I'll do the fingering

What did David mean by this?
>>
Did anyone else think they made it too obvious David was pretending to be Walter and thought maybe the real twist was that Walter started sympathising with David and was going to carry on his legacy?
>>
>>82914152
Because they kept turning them into colder machines with each generations, probably, like Walter implied.
>>
>>82914152
With how busted Ash was and how psychotic David is I wonder how many scandals and setbacks Weyland-Yutani faced over the course of its existence. Rogue android surgeons killing hospital patients for instance.

Probably allowed Tyrell Corp to make their move with more reliable and biological Replicant model workers.
>>
>>82913547
the only time i ever laughed at someone shouting out in a theater was when I saw Shin Godzilla and when the scientists were brain storming and was told to hydrate someone went "DRIIIINK WATER" like a drill sergeant and it got me.>>82913629
>>
>>82914409
Isn't it implied at the start of the film that david is groomed directly by weyland himself as an immortal successor? The contrast between early david and derelict david seems to create the idea that we has made too human.

I'd argue the closer you get to the core of what we call humanity the closer we get to being unstable. Possible why the engineers might have saw humans as a failure as implied in Prometheus if memory serves me right.
>>
Why did the guys who used the radio neglect to mention the fact that a deadly alien just came out of someone? Sounds important y'know.
>>
>>82914742
I'd imagine with a shitty connection to the main ship the point they wanted to get across was more GET US THE FUCK OUT OF HERE before they explained anything else.
>>
>>82912224
>>82913547

Dude that scene was gay as fuck and everyone in the audience kept chuckling at how overtly gay that was.

Now let me do the fingering. Just blow on it.
>>
>>82911957
I liked a lot, though it's flawed of course. They could have done worse imho.
>>82914152
The 02's always were a bit twitchy.
>>
>>82914831
This.
>>
>>82914831
>GET US THE FUCK OUT OF HERE THERE'S AN ALIEN MONSTER
is that really so hard?
>>
>>82915060
Whoa, an alien monster? Nah, catch ya later sport.
>>
>>82915060
What would they have done?
>>
>>82915060
He mentioned casualties first so it's already emphasized shit is getting fucked and basically that evacuation > explanation.
>>
>>82914109

Yeah I never understood, in the Alien universe, did they already know other intelligent life existed and just never made contact or what?

Because finding an alien space craft is a pretty big deal.
>>
File: damon lindelof.jpg (8KB, 185x273px) Image search: [Google]
damon lindelof.jpg
8KB, 185x273px
>>82911957
Imagine how bad it would have been if it were Blomkamp/Lindelof.
>>
>>82914385
I thought that it was David the moment the movie cut away from the end of the fight. I didn't even mind it, I was just anticipating the reveal.
>>
>>82915356
There was already evidence of it on earth in Prometheus which lead them to the engineers in the first place. I'd wager they could have found evidence of ancient civilizations previously but no direct contact. Without knowing where to look the universe is a bitch to find anything.
>>
i thought it was really good. not as good as alien or aliens but that's obvious, i figure nothing in the franchise will be (although this wasn't far away). i wanted a happy ending but it makes sense they need to set up for the sequel, which in turn will probably explain why David's xenomorphs are on lv426. Daniels and Tennessee were great. Fassbender was great, Walter was a top tier bro. The violence was really cool and the gore was well done and not over the top. captain aurom(?) is the least intelligent character in film history though.
>>
File: 1486855946282.png (551KB, 964x912px) Image search: [Google]
1486855946282.png
551KB, 964x912px
>that moment where we find out what happened to Shaw

Fuck. Did not see that coming. How could that fucker??? He clearly didn't love her. He subjected her to the same fate of those he hated.
>>
File: good times with friends.jpg (682KB, 1023x749px) Image search: [Google]
good times with friends.jpg
682KB, 1023x749px
I just wanted to see them have a threesome.
>>
File: 1494693905182.jpg (141KB, 700x750px) Image search: [Google]
1494693905182.jpg
141KB, 700x750px
>>82911957
not enough wheat
>>
>>82915475
Even worse actually, because he dissected her and left her to mutate and rot.
>>
>>82911957
It's not the path I want but whatever. It's the IP I like. Sometimes I just have to take a bad movie with an IP that I like just like AvP Requirement
>>
File: 1313134264731.jpg (53KB, 695x527px) Image search: [Google]
1313134264731.jpg
53KB, 695x527px
Is anyone else really excited about the next movie (even though this one was just OK) because David is a complete son of a bitch? Very interesting villain and I can't wait to see what the fuck he does with 2000 victims/experiments at his dispossal.

Im on the train all the way just because I want to see how much more he fucks shit up and what he comes with next.
Is the Undead Campain in Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne all over again, you end up loving the villain (Arthas) because like David he just wants to rule and fuck with people.
>>
why is there so much wheat?
>>
How did Walter and David switch places at the end? One minute they're fighting, and the next one of them is running behind the others toward the ship. It doesn't make any sense to me, maybe I missed something??
>>
>>82913317
This.
Also, James Franco death seemed to be the biggest tragedy that could ever happen to the crew, and yet some time later they lose many other crew members and act like it wasnt a big deal.
>>
>>82916030
David's Xeno army vs space marines.
>>
>>82911957
The worst thing about Covenant were the characters. They were boring as fuck. Forget about being dumb or any other complaint, they were boring.

Milburn and Fifield were morons, but at least they had some banter and shit.

Anyway, I like the direction. Just need more dynamic characters if Scott wants us to spend 2 long hours with them.
>>
>>82916030
Spotted the autist.
>>
>>82916030

Fassbender is amazing at being a creepy villain.

INB4 the inevitable dogshit drama that regularly befalls this series hits again and they scrap a direct sequel and his character is not in any other movies.
>>
>>82916190
It cuts away from the fight while Walter is hesitating and David is reaching for a knife (or something like that, cant quite remember). This leaves two possible conclusions for the fight. It isnt that hard, sport.
>>
Can't wait for the Director's Cut where they reveal the scenes that they should have included in the very first place instead of giving us filler scenes with no purpose.
>>
>>82916190
My theory is that when D hit W after kissing him he uploaded his own data into W, evidenced by that bump inside W's neck, maybe a chip or something. Until the cryo scene it's W but with bits of D inside him. At that point he becomes D fully. It's an imperfect theory but i think it makes more sense than D helping the crew for no reason despite the fact he could kill them easily once inside the ship as well as him needing to injure himself in the same ways as W in the very brief period that Daniels and injured guy are running outside.
>>
The Chestbursting scene is fucking art. Like, you can see how David could think the Xenos are beautiful. They really were in that scene.

I don't mind that they're mini-Xenos though. Seemed clear to me as it came out that it was the general chestburster, just unfolding because it didn't have to run like in Alien.
>>
>>82916357
I got that much, but how did David cut his own hand off and switch clothes with Walter so fast? And how did he know all his command codes at the end? He uses a David code once and then a Walter code to signal back to Earth.
>>
>>82915419
This.

Even if you know something is coming you can still feel anticipation and enjoy how it unfolds. Everything after they space the xeno was just perfect.
>>
>>82916426
Chestbursters don't have legs though. They're like snakes with tiny arms. I guess these are still prototypes, albeit much closer to the final product.
>>
I enjoyed it quite a bit, My only real gripe is that I always preferred the idea that the xenos were a natural evolutionary species that developed on some uber fucked up planet. But Prometheus already started setting up the idea of them being artificial, so I wasn't too upset about them being the result of Dr. David Frankenstein.

Also I was pretty happy with the alien births. Pretty distinct for cgi since they worked so much goop into each emergence.
>>
>>82912224
>CHASE A CHECK, NEVER CHASE A BITCH
what did david mean by this?
>>
>>82916510
I don't mind the tiny legs. In Alien it just runs out while standing straight up, which doesn't really make sense with the tail.

Giving it legs makes sense of that to me.
>>
File: 7691786250_9a8f27a6ed_b.jpg (559KB, 948x1016px) Image search: [Google]
7691786250_9a8f27a6ed_b.jpg
559KB, 948x1016px
I'm kinda confused with the way this film went, in prometheus there a murals in the ship depicting a fullyear formed xenomorph, the implication being that xenos are the ultimate end of evolution which can be accelerated by black goo.

But now it looks like David engineered them, so did David see the mural and think I just got to make that thing or what?
>>
>>82916520
I don't mind them being mandmade since it was always sorta implied they were created as weapons of mass destruction (due to the cargo bay of the Engineer ship in the original movie and all), though I still don't know how to feel about an angsty android being the creator.

I know it's PURE POTTERY from Scott, but it's going to take some getting used to.
>>
>>82911957
I hated Prometheus and it's dumb "lore", so I'm glad Covenant basically scrapped it all and focused on David.

I guess I'd still like to learn more about the Engineers since Prometheus feels kind of pointless now, but then I think back to how fucking shitty it was and lose all interest. Just move on.
>>
>>82916520
honestly when i saw alien i figured they had to be created, they don't really seem natural, they seem like a weapon. maybe prometheus made errors in how the story of the creation was written but i always figured they'd be made.
>>
>>82911957
AlienS made them bugs. Like a hive. Not very imaginative but that was pretty fucking terrifying to see infested colonists trapped in walls in Aliens.

Now it's very convoluted. The aliens now are a byproduct of a super weapon created by an ancient race but only spawn on the right conditions set by a robot who want's to play God.

It's a matter of preference.

However, They threw the Engineer lore out the fucking window and killed off Shaw off screen like they were correcting a mistake

I think were gonna have to stick with James Cameron
>>
>>82916211
doesn't he horribly burn to death in his cryo-pod or something?
>>
>>82916570
>the implication being that xenos are the ultimate end of evolution which can be accelerated by black goo.
>But now it looks like David engineered them, so did David see the mural and think I just got to make that thing or what?

It's stated outright that the Black Goo creates Deacons at the outset. In the flashback the Engineers start popping Deacons left and right.
>>
>>82916570
Could still be the case since we've seen so many natural variations of the xenos now. Seems more like David's breed specifically are just kind of the top dogs compared to all the "natural" xenos predeceasing it.
>>
>>82916616
>In the flashback the Engineers start popping Deacons left and right.

The scene went too fast/crowded for me to really understand what was going on. I thought they were just exploding.
>>
>>82916599
>>82916211
yeah your captain being exploded as he sleeps when you need him in an emergency is a pretty big deal
the other deaths were like deaths during a combat scenario, more expected, easier to take i guess
>>
>>82916649
Nope. Deacon bodies start sliding out of them.
>>
>>82916596
>However, They threw the Engineer lore out the fucking window and killed off Shaw off screen like they were correcting a mistake

I wish Scott stuck to his guns and continued the Prometheus story instead of caving in to fan outcries about a lack of xenomorphs. I don't find this direction all that interesting.

I just wanted to learn more about the Engineers, dammit.
>>
Walter >>>> Brave Little Toaster
>>
>>82916596
They were still smart, all the kills in the first fight were sneak attacks, the co pilot, Burke. The Queen can communicate. They still took some alive to lay eggs.
>>
Why didn't the black goo nagasaki attack result in thousands of 'morphs? Them niggas just turned to a crisp wtf
>>
>none of this makes any sense...

Oh, you think?
>>
We will never see the Engineers again in a film
>>
>>82916676

No they don't
>>
>>82916744
>result in thousands of 'morphs?
It did.
You see them.

I figure David just used them up in his experiments. And then there's the mutated wasp creature he says was the "end result" of the assault and created the Proto-Neomorphs that he then bred.
>>
Why didn't the xeno attack David?
>>
So... were those actually Engineers on that planet? The end of Prometheus implied they were gonna visit them, which I'm assuming they ultimately did, but they look very noticeably different.

The only thing I can think of is that they just evolved or whatever over 2,000 years and what we saw in Prometheus were the ancestors. But then, they were the same for billions of years between when they seeded life on Earth to when they decided to destroy it.

I don't know.
>>
>>82916800
I just got out of the theater an hour ago. Yeah they do.
>>
File: 1483231443072.jpg (7KB, 388x428px) Image search: [Google]
1483231443072.jpg
7KB, 388x428px
Time for POWER RANKING

Alien > Covenant >Alien 3 > Aliens > Resurrection > Prometheus > AVP > AVP 2
>>
>>82916810
the white one he said only attacked organic life forms right? he was trying to tame it. the black xeno saw him as daddy i guess.
>>
>>82916823
Eons of inbreeding and/or cloning, probably.
>>
>>82916853
Alien > Alien 3 > Aliens > Prometheus > Covenant

Sorry, it's not as shit as Prometheus, but it's so much more boring.
>>
>>82916823
I think they were a lesser form of the Engineers, an intermediate between humans and engineers. Still, we will never know anything about them as the next film will take place in Origae-6
>>
>tfw David starts experimenting with grafting alien flesh to his own frame and makes himself into a biomechanical monstrosity
>implants himself with a protomorph and gives birth to a xenomorph
>each xenomorph that he is a progenitor of retains David's mind
>he can now live forever and slaughter inferior lifeforms throughout the known universe
>>
>>82916853
>aliens below 3

alien > covenant > aliens > 3 > resurrection > prometheus > avp > avp 2
>>
>>82916853
Alien>Aliens>Alien Covenant>Prometheus>Alien 3>Resurrection>shit>AvP>AvP Requiem
>>
>>82916823
>r 2,000 years and what we saw in Prometheus were the ancestors
2000 was Jesus the one first shown is millions of years old. they had a flying saucer
>>
>>82916894
>Still, we will never know anything about them as the next film will take place in Origae-6

Scott plans to make Alien: Awakening as well, which would be about Shaw's experience on Paradise before being killed.
>>
>>82916853
>>82916877
>>82916901
>>82916903

>all "Alien > Aliens"
my brothers
>>
>>82916810
Could have been confused by the mechanical inorganic nature of him, maybe. Could have also included his robot DNA or whatever into the mix via experiments.

Which is kind of an interesting way to explain why David's xenomorphs have the biomechanical appearance.
>>
Can someone explain David s actions, it doesnt make sense
>>
>>82916919
>a prequel to the sequel of a prequel

What is Scott's endgame?
>>
>>82916919
So there's going to be a movie that is a prequel to Covenant which itself is a sequel to Prometheus and a prequel to all the Alien movies?
>>
>>82916981
>>82916971

The Mummy did the same thing with the Scorpion King.
>>
>>82916971
a xenoquel that kills everything before it
>>
>>82916961
He was insane in the membrance and had a god complex in which he wanted to create. And he was bored for a decade and only had deadly bioweapons to play with.
>>
>yfw walter repaired himself after getting stabbed and is still alive/functioning on the planet
>>
>>82916961
He's a secret asshole.
>>
I absolutely love what Ridley did with David. I just wish it was less held down by the alien franchise. Yeah I do want to see how the xeno got created, but it seemed a little forced in this film because of the reaction to the last one.
>>
>>82916951
Walter is going to be the one implanted with the first Xenomorph.
>>
>>82916961
David wanted to create something of his own. Humans created him, so he thought the only way to truly surpass them was to create life of his own.
>>
>>82916971
To confuse people who are old enough to have watched the old Alien films in theaters but can't keep up with this prequel-sequel-reboot nonsense.
>>
>>82916961
Classic robot rebellion. Not much more to it.
>>
>>82917005
>yfw walter repaired himself after getting stabbed and is still alive/functioning on the planet

>tfw he uses the flute to fly the ship

>David: But you can't create melodies
>Walter: I learned how
>>
>>82916190

David "killed" Walter and he took his clothes, this was easy to follow because later theres a scene where David is pathcing his injuries and if you remember correctly, Walter is an autoregenerator...
>>
>>82916961

Weyland specifically created him as his greatest work and gave him a task to be essentially a scientist robot in charge of figuring out how to make Weyland live forever.

Once Weyland croaked David's original mission is voided but his main impulse is still to figure out how to achieve immortality.

He also resents the engineers for killing Weyland and maiming him and sees humans as test subjects since Weyland approved of that before he croaked.
>>
>>82916942
Aliens is a solid flick, but comparing it to Alien is like apples to oranges. They're so vastly different in tone that it's hard for me to place them in a list.

They're both my favorites, personally.
>>
>>82916961
It would take too long to explain, but he basically has very good reasons to despise humans (even though he himself is a sort of superman, hypocritically enough). And we can't understand him well because he's an artificial intelligence, not a monkey like us
>>
>>82913366
I enjoyed the movie but I was surprised how rushed it felt and seeing the trailers made me realize how much must have been cut. To be honest I'd fucking dig a 3 hour long version of Covenant fleshing things out, such as spending more time on the Engineer ship (that whole sequence felt very odd and unnecessary), maybe more time in the flashbacks possibly showing Shaw and how she died etc. If Ridley released a directors cut with loads of added shit it'd be up there with the original imo desu
>>
>>82917111
>(that whole sequence felt very odd and unnecessary)

I think it was included just to say "Hey, look, we remember Prometheus" before completely abandoning the storyline for something else.
>>
>>82917111
I'd be happy with another Agent 9 fanedit.

Covenant not only needed more scenes, but it could have also trimmed some fat.
>>
>>82917067
He was always immortal, The only things driving him are pride and hatred of humans, an his curiosity.
>>
>>82917111
It started by being strangely slow an then it picked up the pace and became too fast. I'm hoping there will be a longer version showing more of the city and David's lab.
>>
>>82917111
i noticed that the shit with them all looking lovey dovey in the ship (including the gay couple) from the trailer got cut, for the better i think. i was a little sad they didn't flesh out the Captain's "i saw the devil" comment though.
>>
File: bonus_situation.jpg (815KB, 873x1633px) Image search: [Google]
bonus_situation.jpg
815KB, 873x1633px
The only issue with this film was Ridley's refusal to address the bonus situation
>>
>>82917005
FUN FACT
you can see walter run to the ship at the end just 2 secound
>>
>>82912224
>"Look me in the eyes while I finger for you."
My theater had some chuckles here and there.
>>
>>82917143
Yeah, that's what bugged me (no pun intended) about that sequence. It's like it was just there to show it's a sequel to Prometheus - didn't really add much in terms of story. Was still kinda cool seeing all the sets tho.
>>
>>82917181
My brother said the same thing to me and I agree. The beginning was way, way too slow. And the scenes that did need to be slow were instead way too rushed.

I can't decide how I feel about this film. Maybe the extended edition will save it.
>>
It's stupid that "Mother" wasn't able to detect that daivd was a different android but was able to detect a foreign life form on the ship and warn the crew

I cheered out loud when the girl was getting blacked at the end btw
>>
>>82914385
I assumed David replaced Walter the moment it cut to black as he reached for the knife. So yea It was a bit too obvious. Even obvious when he kind of fucked off on his own into the bridge when the 2nd Xeno was unleashed.
>>
How does an Engineer eventually come into possession of David's brand of Xenomorphs? Does he just find another Engineer homeworld and work out a deal with them over coffee? I don't think Ridley Scott even knows.
>>
>>82915691
Yeah that really made me uncomfortable, not just what happened to her (which I'm still trying to fully wrap my head around) but also that Scott ditched such a strong leading lady so coldly. It's macabre.
>>
>>82916919
Doesn't the movie imply that David had already taken control (he had already killed Shaw?) by the time the ship is landing and deploys the weapons? I doubt if she weren't incapacitated she'd have given the okay on that plan.

If thats the case, what would Awakening even cover other than their flight on the Engineer ship to the Engineer planet?
>>
>>82917228
>>82917228
>It's stupid that "Mother" wasn't able to detect that daivd was a different android but was able to detect a foreign life form

>foreign life form with completely unknown DNA or body structure.
>David and Walter are literal clones.

i think the stupid person is someonel else anon.
>>
>>82917225
idk if the beginning was TOO slow, I actually thought it was pretty surprising that a blockbuster movie such as this took so much time in showing the characters interacting and conversing, rather than going straight into action. But fuck yea, once the action started it felt very rushed. Not to say the action scenes were bad, I actually think they were really well directed and entertaining - just the second half of the film needed to be a bit slower to match the first half
>>
>>82917344
we'll see in Alien covenant 2 - electric xenoloo
>>
>>82911957
It's so shitty. The characters' idiocy was so forced I wanted to vomit. Way to ruin a franchise.
>>
>>82917358
>Doesn't the movie imply that David had already taken control (he had already killed Shaw?) by the time the ship is landing and deploys the weapons?

No it doesn't.
Shaw steals the ship and crashes it trying to escape from David, which happens after David has unleashed the weapons.
>>
>>82917209
IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!
>>
>>82917391
They are nowhere as stupid as the scientists from Prometheus
>>
>>82917391
>It's so shitty. The characters' idiocy was so forced I wanted to vomit. Way to ruin a franchise.

This is a Covenant thread, not Prometheus
>>
>>82917430
Those scientists were a lot more entertaining though.
>>
>>82915475
please spoil it for me, what happened?
>>
Can someone help me break this down: why do the xenomorphs use face huggers?

From an evolutionary stand point the fucking infectious dust shit is way more effective as a way of reproduction than the stationary, ambush face rapist.

Why would the evolurion take a step backwards reproductively but still come out creating a superior being?
>>
>>82917478
He dissected and mutated her.
>>
>>82917364
>an outdated droid can just board any ship and take complete control of the AI and computer systems with no safeguards
>>
>>82917494
Evolutionarily, sure. But they're constructs of other beings.
>>
>>82917494
>Why would the evolurion take a step backwards reproductively but still come out creating a superior being?

Because David decided it was so.
Honestly, I think the fact that the last time Shaw was infected ended up creating a Proto-Facehugger, and that she ends up as his experiment, means that those Eggs are HER EGGS>
>>
>>82917391
>this android just admitted that he bred and expermineted with those horrible creatures in solitary for circa ten years

>seems like a reliable guy, i guess i can trust him and place MY FUCKING HEAD 20 centimeter over that slimy ominous egg

bravo ridley
>>
>>82917540
I didn't realize that's what happened to her... that's really fucked up.
>>
>>82917528
The ship planners probably didn't consider that an insane but perfectly convincing, almost-exact clone of their android would replace it after being picked up in a random planet.
>>
>>82917605
Also, given that using a David code overrides Mother probably means that Weyland coded him with proprietary access.
>>
>>82917155

Not immortality for himself.

He was tasked with searching for immortality on Weyland's behalf.

Once Weyland was dead David still has his main task except now it got twisted.
>>
>>82917436
You sure got me there, bro!
>>
is this anywhere online yet?
>>
>>82917364
>David and Walter are literal clones.
are you for real my man?
>>
>>82917210
Lies
>>
>>82917635
Alien's been dead since Resurrection (ironically), I'm not sure what you're talking about in regards to ruining the franchise.
>>
>>82917193
It's so fucking hilarious that there's a GAY couple on a COLONIZATION mission.
>>
>>82917494

I think it's the incubation process.

With a facehugger, you get both a consistent oriface to use and a longer incubation period (the dust seems like an hour tops.) which in turn bred a stronger creature.

Maybe it's just for consistency sake
>>
>>82917371
Yeah man the actions were so good! Like that Lost World copy and paste with the aliens in the field! Wow!
>>
>>82917767
stop samefagging
>>
>>82917494
This bothered me so much when I watched the movie
If David was engineering it why didn't he just make it so that Xenos could be born through sport particles? I guess because it's a much bigger creature and stronger and all that shit it requires and egg
>>
>>82917731

You still need people for work, and to even volunteer to just up and leave earth
>>
>>82917729
Haha!
>>
>>82914409
Ash was following instructions, David was a model allowed large autonomy because he was Weyland's personal bot. That said, Bishop did mention that Ash's model allegedly had some issues that lead to problems but those were fixed.

Weyland-Yutani obviously put a lot of money to kill any negative PR whenever they had issues.
>>
>>82917731
Are you 13?
>>
File: 1490361082325.gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1490361082325.gif
1MB, 500x280px
>>82917540
Wait, so the first alien eggs are created from mutated shaw eggs? I liked it better when the xenos were this hostile, supernatural space horror humans just bumped into during their nascent journey across the stars. A reason to fear the unknown vacuum of space. Now it seems they're this failed experiment that humans created, cancels out the whole sci-fi horror aspect and makes the Xenos localized. Ruins the mystery.
>>
>>82917731
They're part of the main crew and weren't chosen for their genetics. I get the humor of it, but they had 2,000 people to fulfill the colonization role. Breeding wasn't their job.
>>
>>82917816
>Now it seems they're this successful experiment that an android god created

ftfy
>>
>>82917816
They've been implied artificial since the original Alien on the juggernaut ship. But I get what you're trying to say.
>>
>>82917788
You don't understand what that term implies
>>
>>82917816
I still say it's sci-fi horror, except now it's Shelley style horror
>>
>>82917794
he didn't care about efficiency, i think he wanted to emulate / reinvent human birth, thus the egg and birthing, so he went with that over the superior spore method
>>
>>82917802
What was it about Prometheus that you liked so much to where it didn't shake your faith in the franchise?
>>
>>82917870
Artificial, but it was never humans that made them. Xenos were part of a larger game that alien races knew about, but humans didn't. We were children, trying to understand what to us was an unstoppable cosmic horror and to them was a stereotypical bio-weapon.
>>
File: 1473789052669.png (364KB, 848x736px) Image search: [Google]
1473789052669.png
364KB, 848x736px
Why would the Covenant crew assume the air was okay to breathe on the alien planet just because it had an oxygen atmosphere? What about alien diseases and deadly microbes? I would have kept my fucking space helmet on, just in case.
>>
>>82917917
David definitely has some issues about sex.
When he kisses Daniels and asks "is that how it's done?" means that, well, he can't do it the normal way.

I think the Xenos, if the Eggs are Shaw's, are his attempt at having children with her.
>>
>>82917950
>but it was never humans that made them.

They still didn't make them.
>>
>>82917826
Okay, that's fair, I honestly haven't seen the movie.

Still funny tho.
>>
>>82917957
hell, covenant literally happened because idiots in prometheus didn't keep they helmets on
>>
>>82917950
Oh, no, I agree with you. I am not sure what to think of the revealed origins either. I just wish Scott would stop making these films leave more questions than answers.
>>
How did he have eggs but no queen?

Where did the embryos come from?

I thought the black goo infected people with monsters and shit, now it turns them into black statues?
>>
i honestly liked AVPR more than AVP. had more of a horror feel to it. also, no bullshit xeno head shield.
>>
>>82917950

jk engineers are just big dudes and xenos are hand-made by an android made by Weyland himself

LMFAO
>>
>>82917957
>People keep on criticizing this.

With realism there wouldn't be an adventure or story to tell at all.
>>
>>82917938
I didn't like Prometheus either, Covenant is an extension of that film and the franchise's new direction
>>
>>82918032
1. Shaw.

2. Probably a larval stage of the full grown eggs.

3. They got covered with the Goo, it decayed them in a similar but not the same way as the Engineer from Prometheus's prologue.
>>
>>82918032
Scott is bitter that people have admiration for an alien film that he didn't direct and is probably trying to retcon Aliens out of the picture. The dude needs to step away from filmmaking, honestly.
>>
>>82918073
Shaw didn't have eggs, she was sterile, remember?
>>
>>82918032
i think it's implied he did have a mother for the eggs, a prior experiment, probably not perfect so it died or he killed it after it made the eggs. embryos were probably another experiment, he already had the facehuggers. the goo makes engineers crumble but we did see deacons coming out of them in that sequence too.
>>
>>82918090
>sterile
>still gave birth
>>
File: 1444624099132-4.jpg (390KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1444624099132-4.jpg
390KB, 1920x1080px
>>82918078
As much as I love and respect so much of his work, I have to agree.
When you set yourself on fire for art, it's cool. But you still have to put it out in a minute.
Ridley's just letting himself burn out.
>>
>>82918090

didn't stop her from birthing a giant starfish that easily defeated and impregnated an engineer
>>
Why did David misremember he author of that poem? Isn't a robot supposed to have flawless memory?
>>
>>82918053
Lucas himself would be proud of Scott's poetry.
>>
>>82918134
>Why did David misremember he author of that poem? Isn't a robot supposed to have flawless memory?

Like Walter said, a wrong note can unravel a symphony.

David isn't perfect. He's flawed.
>>
>>82917767
Yeah I mean, an action scene in a field. Fuck that ripped off the Lost World SO much...
>>
>>82918134
unresolved plot point i think. or maybe just more evidence David isn't perfect like he wants to be.
>>
Its ok

I liked King arthur better

Wish the Shaw story was more fleshed out
>>
>>82918120
>Alien prequels
>admitted that we could be looking at three or more Alien films by him
>shut down Blomkampf's Aliens sequel

How do we stop this madman?
>Blade Runner sequel
>>
>>82918180
>or maybe just more evidence David isn't perfect like he wants to be.

It's that. In fact, Walter's whole existence and role in the plot is to show just how outdated and warped David is.
>>
>>82918119
>>82918126
It was a parasitic lifeform. It may not need human eggs to grow inside Shaw. It's not like she was literally pregnant with child.
>>
File: bendy.gif (275KB, 1237x1324px) Image search: [Google]
bendy.gif
275KB, 1237x1324px
>>82918032
Alien queen is made by Jame Cameron
in original concept of scott there are no queen
David create it by some technology of engineer
that planet is NOT mother planet of engineer

depend on how much you got black goo

and also WALTER IS NOT DeAD
>>
>>82918204

part time
>>
>>82918214
Maybe she was like Monica from Friends.
She had the equipment, just not the environment.
>>
>82918134
Even machines have their glitches.
>>
File: ella.jpg (117KB, 512x810px) Image search: [Google]
ella.jpg
117KB, 512x810px
>>82918197
>fleshed out
>>
>>82918172
>born after '95
>>
>>82913713

Yeah and they ruined it with the mini Xenomorph's shitty cgi and it not looking like a chestbuster at all but a literal tiny alien with adult proportions
>>
File: jonesy_alien.jpg (14KB, 340x357px) Image search: [Google]
jonesy_alien.jpg
14KB, 340x357px
>>82917209
What about the Jonesy conundrum
>>
>>82918206
But still, failing to retrieve a simple correct name from memory is as if the Windows calculator suddenly failed to do arithmetic.
>>
>>82918269
>it not looking like a chestbuster at all but a literal tiny alien with adult proportions

It looked almost EXACTLY like a Chestburster before it unfolded.
>>
>>82918214
>It was a parasitic lifeform.

nope
David infected not-Hardy who then used his corrupted sperm to impregnate Shaw

in any case your distinction is irrelevant since black goo is a mutagen that mutates anything it touches

it was shown that David exposed Shaw to the mutagen and it stands to reason she mutated enough to rear something
>>
>>82918271
Did Jonesy receive his 50 years of backpay from the company after leaving cryosleep
>>
File: 1492407382543.jpg (344KB, 1172x1646px) Image search: [Google]
1492407382543.jpg
344KB, 1172x1646px
>have shaw survive the events of Prometheus, killing an engineer and setting out with android head to confront her creators
>kill her offscreen in the sequel and focus on something else entirely
Why bother? Why not make it completely unrelated?
>>
>>82918292
Given from the prologue, it's less that David forgot, but that he was programmed wrong.

He was created knowing about classical art and music. Someone slipped up in his coding.
>>
>>82918204
And what's funny is that once upon a time, he was almost incapable of making a bad movie, because even if he DID he'd be like "no fools stfu and look" and a year later there was a director's cut that really was way better than the original.
Now he's running out of excuses, and he's not shooting his movies to leave room for DC's. Just more movies.
The Counselor was legitimately the first movie I've ever watched and forgotten I was even watching it before it was over. I can't even remember falling asleep or intentionally shutting it off, I really think I just got distracted by an ant and started painting or something.
>>
Kinda bothered me that Scott spent so much time and money on these gorgeous life-size setpieces and props but ends up going full CGI on the xenomorph creatures.
>>
File: 608.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
>>82918294

just like the Engineers looked like the elephant men from Alien until they took their helmets off

Fucking stupid
>>
>>82918348
Bitch, doesn't make that chestbursting any less great.
>>
>>82918316
It was planned to follow Prometheus before Ridley Scott changed direction entirely and even slapped "Alien" in the title.
>>
When the Space Marines reference "bug hunts" in the original Aliens, does that mean they've encountered similar insectoid alien species before or that they've actually killed Xenos before too?
>>
>>82918316

The timespan of Shaw and David together, encountering the Engineers and eventually killing them and then Shaw was going to be 3 films until audience backlack made them switch to a time skip instead.
>>
>>82918268
you are retarded
>>
>>82918300
50 years of back catnip and sardines anyway
>>
>>82918387
IIRC the Last Supper prologue mentions "worms" or something. Implying animalistic aliens.
>>
>>82918407
k kiddie w/ shit for brains
>>
>>82912451
>reverse

How so?
>>
Ripley > Daniels > Shaw
>>
Do the neomorph and xenomorph really get to fight each other in the film or was that just a rumor?
>>
>>82918387
Could have encountered any number variety of alien species, really. Could be leftovers from whatever the hell David is getting himself into from his experiments at this point.
>>
>>82918463
didn't happen. not that it matters, the real xeno would wipe the floor with white neomorph.
>>
>>82918463
You're gonna be disappointed regardless of the answer
>>
>>82918463
Rumor. They didn't fight.
>>
>>82918445
Not him but I think he means
>Ripley is human, anti-android, destroyer of Xenos
>David is android, anti-human, creator of Xenos
Or something.
>>
>>82918002
You're a dumbass for thinking a crew that small would try to colonize a planet on their own.
>>
>>
>>82918387
different aliens that have been recorded. That's why that's one lady says nothing ripely said was in the records.
>>
>>82918509
>Ripley is human, anti-android, destroyer of Xenos

She did consider Bishop a friend in the end. She started anti-android, but ended up accepting them.
>>
Wtf is Davids problem anyway? Why is he such a jerk? And how stupid was shaw to repair him in the first place?
>>
>>82918548
go to bed David
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ0Rx4aqWr0

>"I'm just burning up."

Bravo, Ridley
>>
>clearly deranged robot tries to befriend alien creature that came out of a member of your crew and killed others
>follow him to his rape dungeon
>decide to investigate the creepy egg things

B R A V O
>>
File: 078610b25066c5cc2bb5535229641726.jpg (287KB, 1128x800px) Image search: [Google]
078610b25066c5cc2bb5535229641726.jpg
287KB, 1128x800px
>>
I can't think of a franchise that has been held back more by it's predecessors and fanboys.
>>
>>82918548
>>82918574

I thought it was a nice homage to Giger with those scenes.
>>
File: 1439108844388.jpg (7KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1439108844388.jpg
7KB, 240x240px
>>82918556
Don't nitpick me you fuck
>>
File: opqvd6f59S7iu94ctSN-o.jpg (145KB, 1334x1000px) Image search: [Google]
opqvd6f59S7iu94ctSN-o.jpg
145KB, 1334x1000px
>>82918574
LMAO
>>82918585
>>
>>82918611
Star Wars
>>
>>82918611
Go to bed Ridley
>>
>>82918577
>tries to recreate the chestburster scene in a tongue-in-cheek way to build hype from nostalgiafags
>just makes himself look like more of a hack and charlatan

Bravo, Ridley. Can't leave well enough alone.
>>
So if Bladerunner and Alien are connected and both franchises are getting new movies will we see Goose fighting Xenos in near future?
>>
>>82918642
Except there is literally nothing the franchise can do right in the eyes of its fanboys. Most fanboys loved TFA.
>>
>>82918686
No, they'll just keep it as easter eggs here and there. They're not that dumb.
>>
File: 1491275695099.jpg (359KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1491275695099.jpg
359KB, 1080x1920px
>>82918638
Can someone describe to me, in detail, what happens to Shaw? Mutated and dissected doesn't mean anything to me.
>>
>>82918686
>Alien VS Blade Runner
stop
>>
Why didn't that bitch just went stabby stabby on that newborn neomorph when it lunged at her a second time?
>>
>>82918702
>there is literally nothing the franchise can do right in the eyes of its fanboys.
That's not true. If they made a good movie people would like it. It's not the fanboys' fault the franchise has been nothing but shit for decades now.
>>
>>82918686
Alien = 20th Century Fox

Blade Runner = Warner Bros.

So, no.
>>
>>82918709
he opened her up to understand human anatomy, maybe used her as a host for an embryo, definitely fucked with her genetic makeup and made her part xeno
>>
>>82918702
Most people were on-board with Alien 5. The problem is letting Scott direct any more movies.
>>
>>82918709
Details aren't given, but it's implied she is used as a husk of sorts for David's experiments creating the Xenomorph. She is possibly used as a husk for the queen Xenomorph.

But like I said, all speculation. All is known is that she is involved somehow with his research.
>>
>>82912071
Same. I fucking loved this movie and the direction it's going in.
>>
>>82918746
>fanboys

tumblr*
>>
>HEY GUYS WHY DONT WE TAKE THIS ALIEN FRANCHISE AND FILL IT UP WITH REALLY TEDIOUS BANAL SURFACE LEVEL """PHILOSOPHY""" FOR LITERALLY NO REASON AT ALL AND ALSO SHIT ON THE LEGACY OF THE FRANCHISE IN THE PROCESS BY DESTROYING THE CANON TO DO THIS
>HAHA WOW GREAT IDEA DUDE I'M SURE THIS WILL GO GREAT
>it doesn't
>HAHA WOW WONDER WHAT HAPPENED OH WELL I GUESS WE WILL JUST DO IT AGAIN
>
>>
Do I just like this movie because I like Katherine Watertson?
>>
>>82918854
I'm not sure what you mean anon.
>>
>>82911957
I'm kinda worried on the direction since it's altering a lot of pre established lore but at the same time i'm exited to see where this is gonna end up.
>>
>>82918430
damn, got me good
>>
File: Alien.jpg (388KB, 850x1235px) Image search: [Google]
Alien.jpg
388KB, 850x1235px
David plans to creature a sentient alien. Thus creating intelligent life.
>>
>>82919036
wish i had some covenant fan art, could do with a new wallpaper
>>
>>82918995
truth hurts now thank me
>>
>>82918577
that was admittedly good pottery
>>
>>82916570
that looks more like the deacon than a xeno
>>
>>82919112
Uhh, th-thank you
>>
>>82916418

FUCK

Thanks that makes waaaaay more sense
>>
>>82919398
No, he changed clothes and chopped his hand off, hence the different look for the stump. He also clearly wasn't the newer android because the newer android could self-heal. How this was not noticed by that dumb bitch is beyond me. The characters were literally written to be retards for the sake of moving the shitty story along.
>>
>no longer man vs. xenomorph
>now man vs. evil android who created xenomorph who was created by deranged corporation owner guy
>the bad guy isn't really the alien anymore

the fuck?
>>
>>82919485
this is what happens when you become an old fuck and are convulsing for new story ideas for the only ip you have left
>>
>>82919398
it would be a valid theory too, if Walter didn't have auto regenerating skin. We see his wound seal up after their encounter.

When "Walter" was in med room he was trying to staple his wounds on his face, which should of alerted Daniels that he was not Walter and was in fact David.
>>
>>82911957
>Xenos were made by a defective android from Earth

Retcon this! Retcon this now!
>>
>>82912309
The philosophical topics and cultural references are incredibly shallow:

Christianity
Wagner
Ozymandias

Middle school-tier pretentiousness
>>
File: 1469228972658.jpg (65KB, 554x476px) Image search: [Google]
1469228972658.jpg
65KB, 554x476px
>>82919485
>The bad guy isn't the race of unstoppable perfect killing machines
I mean you can only flesh that out as a character with so much motivation before you need to introduce other points of antagonism.
If every Batman story was just Batman vs. the Joker it would be boring as fuck, but when you start introducing Mr. Freeze and Bane and meanwhile Joker is still running around being a dick then things get interesting.
>>
>>82918891
what legacy?
Aliens is the only truly great film in the entire franchise. Aliens is a great action film, sure, but Alien 3 and every other sequel is terrible. Prometheus ended being shit because of the writing, and Covenant is by default better than every film in the franchise except Alien and Aliens
>>
Who's to say that any of the surviving crew even knew about Walter's self healing abilities? This isn't a plot-hole at all.

The surviving members of the crew aren't droid specialists and there should be no reasonable expectation for any of them to notice it's odd that Walter's wounds haven't healed yet. On top of that, the movie doesn't even make it clear how much Walter can heal. Is it to the extent of actually regenerating tissue - like his lost hand? No one knows. This is blatant nitpicking, which is doubly pathetic because there are actual problems with this movie.
>>
>>82919485
Humans are the real monster, etc.
>>
>>82919587
I meant Alien is the only truly great film in the franchise
>>
>>82919514
I'm a dumb bitch, even though I clearly notice this, hence my initial hesitation to help upon entering the room, I also choose to wait until I am about to be put to sleep before attempting to confirm my suspicion

FUCKING STUPIDDDD
>>
>>82919467
this.
i was assuming daniels at least suspected it was david when she stabled his face up but then she waits till literally the last possible moment to ask him about the cabin. wtf
>>
>>82919577
you know how i can tell someone is a bad guy. they listen to classical music.
super bad guy points for wagner
>>
>>82912275
>It is also bad in the way that it uses a single individual with questionable at best motives to be the ultimate bad guy.

Isn't that supposed to be part of the whole "David is Lucifer in the same line as Miltons"?
>>
File: covenantfu.jpg (66KB, 514x720px) Image search: [Google]
covenantfu.jpg
66KB, 514x720px
Who was hotter, Faris, Oram, or Upworth?
>>
>>82919720
Kill yourself
>>
>>82919607
im mean if there is a slight possibility of an evil twin switcheroo thing you should probably try to get to the bottom of it before gettting in your space jammies
>>
>>82911957
I actually like the cinematography and atmosphere of the films, but I thought the plot of Prometheus would have been much better as a stand-alone sci-fi flick. Shoving the aliens in there didn't really make sense and just seemed sort of desperate.
>>
>>82919659
>i was assuming daniels at least suspected it was david when she stabled his face up but then she waits till literally the last possible moment to ask him about the cabin. wtf

I think she assumed that because he helped get the xeno off the ship that it had to be Walter. But David didn't want the xeno onboard either because he obviously wanted the ship and the mission to remain intact so he could spread his creation properly.
>>
>>82919720
>gets BLACKED
>immediately eaten by xeno

wtf i love ridley now
>>
Anyone else practically nut when you realized they were using the original alien soundtrack?
>>
I like how evil android is clearly up to no good, is in shooting range, cries when alien babby monster is killed, but he says oh yeah follow me and instead of shooting the cap goes into full retard mode and waddles along behind him

Wow
My suspension
Of disbeef
>>
>>82919876
No, the majority of the music was poorly used. My emotional speech music made that far too evident near the beginning of the film.
>>
>>82918032
like another anon said, the goo turns people into monstrosities after its been watered down and broken apart and such, but when its released properly like david does on the planet, it completely demolishes the body
>>
>>82919514

To be fair, Danny had gone through so much stressful shit in the past week that the obvious clue simply didn't register. Dead husband, losing most of the crew, almost get murdered by alien being AND a nutty robot...

Or it could simple be that she thought the wounds were so big that stapling them together and then letting them heal was necessary and the entire healing process requires time if the injuries were extensive.
>>
>>82920293
No, she wouldn't be that fucking clueless about an android model on a ship where she is second in command
>>
File: magiclegs.jpg (39KB, 736x304px) Image search: [Google]
magiclegs.jpg
39KB, 736x304px
>>82920248
>magic goo
>>
>>82919905
>just follo me dude
>haha ok cool
>what are all these drawings
>haha i made these because i breed aliens
>ok cool haha
>just follo me down into my bsement lol
>yeh no worries dude
>haha whats these eggs
>aliens lol have a look inside
>u sure lol
>yes perfectly safe 100% guarantee what have you seen that would possibly cause you to not trust me up to this point
>actually looks

10/10
>>
What was the whole point to have James Franco in the movie for a screen time of less than 3 mins.
>>
>>82920521
yo nigga i feel sick and im just waking up but like what do you believe in???
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.