[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People who don't think this is the best Star Wars movie,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: star wars empire 1_edit-xlarge.jpg (75KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
star wars empire 1_edit-xlarge.jpg
75KB, 1280x721px
Serious question
>>
>>82910311
its not Star Wars 1977
>>
>>82910311
Rogue one was the best by far. And Daisy in TFA put in the best acting performance in any of the films. If you disagree with this you're old as mold and your opinions are invalid.
>>
File: Bait4.png (122KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
Bait4.png
122KB, 625x626px
>>82910738
>>
>>82910311
I don't like how Lucas tried to put in his little bits of "wisdom" through ben and Yoda but it was actually just cringey stuff that a high schooler would come up with. Shit like "do or do not, there is no try". That's just feel good sounding bull shit with no basis in reality. I felt like it was the only movie in the series to pull that shit and that's why it turns me off.
>>
File: j-jonah-jameson.png (584KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
j-jonah-jameson.png
584KB, 720x540px
>>82910628
/thread
>>
>>82910311
It represents a more mature form of storytelling than the others. People talk about it like it's narrative is incomplete, I actually think it's very satisfying in and of itself. It's Luke's coming of age story. Beyond the "badguys win, so grim-dark" meme, lies the reality that Luke has won a personal victory by facing Vader and refusing to give in to his seduction. Luke losing his hand and facing up to his own ancestral demons represent a sort of coming of age ritual, out of which he will emerge as a scarred but mature adult. His arc is pretty much complete at the end of TESB, but ROTJ just spells it all out more for the normies.
>>
>>82910311

ESB doesn't introduce the main characters or the tools they use. If you go into ESB without watching the first Star Wars film you would be left scratching your head as to why a ghost is calling out to Luke and be bewildered at a flashlight that cuts things.

The movie also ends on a cliffhanger.

The only self contained movie of the original three is Star Wars 1977. Its all you really need to see, but ESB is a great sequel.
>>
Why are there three different Death Stars in 4 flicks, this is worse than Zeon remnants in Gundam
>>
>>82910628
but..that's the best one
>>
Luke's hero's journey was already completed and there didn't need to be another film

V retcons Darth Vader's role in IV to make him more significant and create it's twist at the end

It isn't a complete story in itself and requires the previous and following films

It doesn't do as good of a job at creating the feeling of an immersive, expansive, believable universe, probably because it starts to show more of it and takes it out of the realm of your imagination

etc. It is a good film but the original Star Wars is an almost perfect movie and Empire does not compare in that regard.
>>
>>82910628
This.

ANH can stand alone. You have to see ANH to appreciate ESB.
>>
Because the throne room scene in RotJ is the best part of any star wars film ever, eo ipso RotJ is the best film in the franchise.
>>
>>82910311
There's no podracing
>>
>>82911450
>clone
>sith
>hope
>return
>awakens
>rogue
Can't remember if there's a death star in empire; don't think so.
>>
>>82912028
ewoks
>>
>>82912581
Ewoks are rad. Fuck anyone who says they aren't. C3P0 is way worse and hes a main character in every movie.
The heaviest death in the entire saga is when those two ewoks get hit by an at-st and the one tries to get his buddy up, but he's dead and the dude is so bummed out.
Playing drums on severed heads is classic.
>>
>>82912847
>C3P0 is way worse

0/10
>>
>>82912581
>muh ewoks REEEEEEEE
oh shut the fuck up.
>>
I like the atmosphere of ANH more. ESB is great, but it always really bored me as a child. We get a solid opening, then the film just sort of drags.

Luke's training with Yoda goes on for far too long, and the counterpoint is Han and Leia's adventures in space which don't seem to exist for any real purpose. The asteroid-worm is cool, but seems more like a scene put in to keep the audience's attention than it does an organic part of the story.

Also, for some reason I never really liked Coruscant. I don't like seeing C3PO get dismantled. The climax with Vader and Luke is 10/10 though.

ANH is just a much more well-paced story, and Old Ben is my favourite character.
>>
>>82910311
There are no good star war movies
>>
Im not 12 anymore
>>
>>82912998
u mean bespin?
>>
>>82913172
Shit yeah, Bespin, thanks. I always confuse those two for some reason
>>
>>82910311
ESB is actually a bit of a mess with weird pacing, it keeps swapping between wacky hi-jinks of the Falcon being broken and then more serious stuff. It's disjointed. Also Hoth is really just a cool set piece but doesn't have enough dramatic weight to it, it's not built up as well as Endor and Yavin.

The original is just an amazing film start to finish, it has an actually arc to it and a genuinely great performance by Alec Guinness. ESB feels like an episode in a series, with just scenes to progress people through their storylines, it's not a great film by itself it relies on the episodes either side of it.
>>
>>82912998
Yeah the Bespin stuff is weak, a lot of the Hoth stuff is just kind of there, and the pacing is bad in the middle section.

A New Hope builds and builds, you are going on an adventure with Luke and everything ramps up to a climatic finish.
>>
>>82912976
it's no worse than people that get all upset over jar jar. They're both equally terrible and pivotal to the mythos of star wars(Jar Jar put Palpatine in a position of unlimited political power, and the ewoks help the rebels take down the shield that was protecting the second Death Star)
>>
>>82913578
The Ewoks are cute though.
>>
>>82913578
>They're both equally terrible

Lets not get over the top here. You don't need to be so dramatic and act like everything is either completely equally awful or based in every way.

The Ewoks are bad but there is a whole universe of degrees of awful, at which Jar Jar sits near the end.
>>
>>82913635
if it makes you feel any better, according to the new canon of books Jar Jar ended up a homeless street performer that only interacts with children because all of the adults hate him for pretty much turning the galaxy into a military controlled dictatorship for decades.
>>
>>82913848
I don't care what happened to him; he's not a real person. What I care about is how much he and many other factors made the prequels suck.
>>
>>82910846
That's what star wars is about though. Just because you have no moral compass, doesn't mean that star wars is shit.
>>
>>82912248
>>clone
>>sith
there's no death star in these mate, it's mentioned though. You're reaching.
>>
File: 1493093803651.jpg (214KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493093803651.jpg
214KB, 720x720px
>>82910311
TFA exists
>>
>>82910738
How excited are you for the next Transformers movie faggot?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.