[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be a black gentle man >want to watch Beauty and The Beast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

>be a black gentle man
>want to watch Beauty and The Beast live action film out of curiosity
>notice a lot of black bitches in the opening party scene
>"Okay, maybe the beast liked to swirl during his orgies."
>notice more and more black people in the town scenes
>movie is historically inaccurate but Hollywood is gonna pander I guess
>Watching episode of latest Doctor Who season
>once again blacks are overwhelmingly present and portrayed as just like everyone else despite slavery
>There is an Asian bitch in a shot as well
Is this going to be the trend now?
Hollywood/entertainment industries in the west glossing over historical facts that black people weren't super prevalent and weren't allowed to just waltz around like everything was A-ok?
I don't expect Disney to be historically accurate but come on. It's like one or two black people in the movie fine. I can handle that and understand what they're trying to do, but the amount of black people in the movie took me out of the movie watching experience. I'm black and I know that nigga weren't walking around like nothing was the matter. The Doctor Who episode was even worse because they directly mentioned that slavery was a thing in the era they were visiting yet there were tons of black background characters just hanging out.
It's seems weird to me.
>>
>>82903345
Dude everybody knows France was founded by black people
>>
File: 1464312831441.jpg (89KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1464312831441.jpg
89KB, 640x960px
>>82903416
And Adolph Hitler was black
>>
It's interesting to hear your perspective. I've often wondered whether black folks feel patronised by the whole thing, and it's definitely becoming more prevalent. That said, not sure how else black people can fit into a cheery historical narrative in any other way. How do you think black folks would feel if they were largely portrayed as slaves, exotic foreign dignitaries, or not at all?
>>
>>82903345
Didn't some European countries have African's join their army b/c of drumming skills?
>>
>>82903345
>weren't super prevalent
So you concede that they were prevalent to an extent. If so, why do such outliers make you so mad.
>>
>>82903345
iktf brother in white and not a
/pol/fag but the forcing of race characters and women into shows and movies that have no point and make no sense literally makes me mad cause its brings me out of the experience. i know its fiction but they always stick out and feel out of place because they arent characters, they are black cardboard cutouts and i feel insulted by that.
>>
>>82903537
>How do you think black folks would feel if they were largely portrayed as slaves, exotic foreign dignitaries, or not at all?
Well since we do that our damn selves I dunno.
I can't speak for everyone else because I'm an outlier.
I figure most black people wouldn't even know or care to know that blacks in a tiny French village wouldn't have been a thing.
>>82903619
I'm not mad. Annoyed if anything. I get they want to show more black faces in period pieces but imo they were too heavy handed and they look out of place.
>>
>caring about race in fiction
lmfao
>>
>>82903679
>i know its fiction but they always stick out and feel out of place because they arent characters, they are black cardboard cutouts and i feel insulted by that.
Maybe that's what I wanted to articulate.
It's like when a show adds a Latino character but they beat you over the head that they are Latino by having them drop Spanish phrases then say the same thing in English or have a thick cartoonish accent.
The black characters in Beauty and The Beast that had speaking lines felt out of place.
>>
>>82903537
most people probably dont constantly think about the insane nonsense you people filibuster your lives with

honestly it's got to be so tiring just to be inside your heads

>count up all the non white people everywheres i go
>make threads on the interwebs all day about it
>???
>jerk off into a sock
>>
File: images (8).jpg (7KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
7KB, 223x226px
>>82903837
yeah im fine when they are implemented good or you know have a reason to be there but most movies are
>oh lookie here a BLACK MAN
>OH ANOTHER ONE
>OH this on is a woman! LOOK AT HOW PROGRESSIVE WE ARE!
>"ok but why are they there? what do they do?"
>.........
>LOOK AT THAT ANOTHER BLACK GUY BUT WITH A TOPHAT
>>
>>82903905

>be a white gentle man
>want to watch Zulu live action film out of curiosity
>notice a lot of white bitches in the opening party scene
>"Okay, maybe the king liked to swirl during his orgies."
>notice more and more white people in the town scenes
>movie is historically inaccurate but Hollywood is gonna pander I guess
>Watching latest japanese film
>once again whites are overwhelmingly present and portrayed as just like everyone else despite not even living there
>There is an arab bitch in a shot as well

Gosh I wonder how the western media would react to that.
>>
>>82904071
OP here I want to see the Zulu animated movie now.
>>
>>82904071
This post basically BTFO Hollywood
>>
>>82903345
Last time I checked in the 1600s niggers were seen as monkeys that would would and talk so there wouldnt be any nigger in Europe unless they are a slave or if they came from Mali empire or some shit.
>>
>>82903345
as a black dude I feel the same..I think the whole reason I liked movies like LotR and Star Wars was the fact that it was mostly white people.It's always been somewhat off that we get token nigs in movies and tv shows as often nowadays when at the same time their is barely anything for african american civilians to relate to.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.