[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dispite whether you like Damon as an actor or not why isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

Dispite whether you like Damon as an actor or not why isn't The Martian discussed more?
>>
literally the worst movie I watched during 2015

The only discussion you can get is talking about what you hated about it
>>
>>82882021
Because we're focusing on Ridley Scott's latest atrocity.
>>
>>82882021
On /tv/? It's seen as uncut, pure, distilled reddit.

On its merits? It doesn't hold a candle to the book, which has way more details and doesn't obnoxiously shoehorn in diversity.
>>
There are moments of cringe. Mostly from Damon himself. It could have been Castaway on Mars with more Charasmatic actor. The Earth crew is great imo, in fact everyone who isn't in space is.
>>
>>82882021
its a flick
>>
it was forgettable trash
>>
Maybe it'd be more popular if we ever actually got to Mars.
>>
>>82882265
This
It's a decent one-time watch, but the bottomline is it's a flick and there isn't much to discuss about it
>>
>>82882252
Even le quirky savant Daniel Glover?
>>
>>82882493
I guess not lol.
>>
File: 1491007918223.jpg (114KB, 576x498px) Image search: [Google]
1491007918223.jpg
114KB, 576x498px
>>82882021

Red.dit memes: the movie

Yeah, nah cunt
>>
>>82882021
theres nothing to discuss about it

its a 7.5-8/10 sci fi movie, thats about it
>>
>>82882790
Well there could be a sequel. We have to rescue Matt Damon from Europa or Pluto or something.
>>
the only redeeming quality of that film were the scenes set in space, however, the scenes that were set on earth were cringe tier, the smart nigger token character, the dumb blonde with glasses that didnt do shit, I can't even recognize the other characters, everything seemed to fake Earth wise
>>
The movie was too WHITE. It literally was shitty because it had white people aesthetic and humor

Space Pirate!? Lol for shitty white MMO gamers.
>>
>>82882021
what's there to discuss? It was an okay movie. It didn't leave many questions up to discussion by the time it was over
>>
>>82882021
>"im going to science the shit out of this!"
>"in your face neil armstrong!"
>theatre laughs

reddit the movie
>>
the martian is quite literally re.ddit: the movie. it's also full of scientific inaccuracies while trying hard to be accurate, nothing worse can be done.
>>
>>82882021
Because it's an aloof fun book with marginal science which was translated into a forgettable movie.

It's supposed to be a fun movie, and it is mostly, but it's not like a "lets chat about it" movie.
>>
>>82882021
I like Damon but that movie was shit
>>
File: image.gif (499KB, 500x258px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
499KB, 500x258px
>>82882779
>>82882161
>>82884625
>I don't like this movie
>Why?
>It's Reddit
>>
>>82882021
I didn't like any of the actors and the humor was just straight up awful. Plus it was too long and spent too much time focusing on the people back on Earth instead of having Damon go through more interesting challenges

moon is better
>>
funfact: the chinese government who owns shares in 20th century fox leaned on ridley scott to include a chinese hero storyline
other than that nothing wrong with the movie or damon
>>
>>82882021
Why aren't most movies discussed here? /tv/ is very plot oriented and the Martian is too straightforward to discuss in those terms, and people are too lazy to go further. I mean, this board collectively believes that allegories are pretentious and symbolism doesn't exist. It's a dead end and posters resist changing the discourse.
>>
>>82885018
the china plot was in the book anon

did they lean on andy weir now?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.