[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just rewatched this movie after so many years Just one question,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: hulk.jpg (31KB, 409x575px) Image search: [Google]
hulk.jpg
31KB, 409x575px
So I just rewatched this movie after so many years
Just one question, what the fuck were they thinking?

Seriously, now that I see it with ''grown up'' eyes I noticed that it's literally an artsy fartsy comic book movie, nothing funny about it and nothing ''superhero-ish'' in it.
And one can think maybe now I can appreciate it but thing is it's not only an artsy mess of a film but it's fucking boring, you can make a good serious comic book movie but this one has nothing interesting in it, not even the Hulk scenes can save it
Ignoring the awful CGI, the annoying comic book visuals, everything else it's still shit, the fact that it got greenlit makes me wonder if they were just experimenting with superhero movies back then
I mean X MEN and Spider-man both came out before this and they were good, what were they thinking when making this Hulk? what was so hard?
>>
>>82881121
Also, was this film ever intended to become a franchise like X Men or Spider man? The ending implies it wasn't but maybe they did wanted to go further
>>
I can't say for sure. I'm sure making a movie is complicated and somewhere in the process it just ends up what it is.

I think in this movie it was just a combination of the actors, writers, editors that just lead to some boring shit that wouldn't be remembered.

Come to think about it I can't think of any scene or anything at all I can call memorable or just recall off the top of my head that Jennifer Connelly did. Same with the other actors in that movie. I'm not sure if they just happened to choose that role and script for that reason or if it's just because they are good actors but pretty much just capable of talking with a straight face. Writers should have added a bit of humor in there.

Three dogs were over kill also for that fight scene. For a person like me there's a point where there is just too much going on to remember any one thing. Three dogs taking turns getting fucked up (we knew Hulk wasn't going to die). They should have left it at one bigger one or something..
>>
>>82881121
>>82881208
>>82881897
fuck off pleb
>>
>>82881121
>Seriously, now that I see it with ''grown up'' eyes I noticed that it's literally an artsy fartsy comic book movie, nothing funny about it and nothing ''superhero-ish'' in it.
>And one can think maybe now I can appreciate it but thing is it's not only an artsy mess of a film but it's fucking boring, you can make a good serious comic book movie but this one has nothing interesting in it,

Zero legitimate arguments found other than "awful CGI" and "annoying comic book visuals"
>>
>>82881121
The movie and the cgi was fine.
>>
>>82881955

You have a shitty taste in movies
>>
>>82882007
The dialogue is fucking terrible and the story is completely boring, ignoring also that the action was boring too

>>82882102
The CGI was not fine, hulk's pants looked painted over, the helicopters looked straight out of a videogame and so did hulk
And many other things
>>
ee's Hulk was brave. And a brave film that's flawed is always better than safe focus-tested garbage. Eventually the safe shit becomes boring and you'll beg and scream for the brave and flawed to return.

What's funny is that the CGI of a 2003 movie is far beyond anything made by Marvel. Hulk looks amazing. And the film is just as colorful as the comics instead of shades of grey that Marvel Films are.

It does become even better when you realize that a safe and inoffensive movie is always going to be mildly entertaining whereas a bold film can range from bad to great. And once you grow tired of the mildly entertaining (after 14 Marvel quipfests, you do), then you suddenly yearn back to the days where filmmakers took risks and didn't fear mistakes.

Disney hires yes-men directors for a reason. They don't care about the artistic integrity of a film. All they care about is a slave that abides to the results of focus-tests and political agenda. A person like Ang Lee would never abide under them.

Just look at Star Wars. Everyone hated on the prequels but after a dozen safe Disney films that all copypaste the same script but with different skin colors, then people will scream for the imagination and boldness to return. Despite their flaws.
>>
>>82882202
The CGI holds up well considering the release date and how most of the time there's sunlight projected onto the Hulk, a big no no when it comes to CGI
>>
File: 5763428843_ce57f1f3a9.jpg (32KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
5763428843_ce57f1f3a9.jpg
32KB, 250x272px
>>82882202
>boring
more tasteless plebeian word fodder
>>
File: hulksplode.gif (3MB, 300x166px) Image search: [Google]
hulksplode.gif
3MB, 300x166px
it is my favorite capeshit movie

the part in the end where Nolte hams it up in the hangar and the fight afterwards is pure kino
>>
>>82881121
That one eye showing is blatant Satanism. It's thinly veiled Illuminati bullshit masquerading as Jewish luciferianism.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.