[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some films that are direct adaptations of H.P Lovecraft?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: v1[1].jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
v1[1].jpg
26KB, 300x300px
what are some films that are direct adaptations of H.P Lovecraft?
pic related
>>
not even a direct adaptation
>>
>>82869756
Yeah I know its not adaptation of Dagon but The Shadow Over Innsmouth
but its still an adaptation
>>
>>82869662
We got a Re-Animator movie decades ago, but it was a little silly.

By the way, did you guys hear about Lovecraft Country?
>>
>>82870014
>Lovecraft Country
>Jordan Peele executive producer
that's unfortunate, could be a great series
>>
>>82870126
I'm getting sick of all this race baiting shit thrown in my Lovecraft shit.
>>
>>82869868
Still not direct. It only has the basic premise and the hotel room scene in common.
It's as direct as Re-Animator.
>>
>>82869662

HPLHS made film versions of 'The Call of Cthulhu' (B/W, silent) and 'The Whisperer in Darkness' (color, talkie).
>>
>>82871531
Yeah, these and some of the shorts are the only direct adaptations. All of the shorts I've seen were unremarkable or just downright shit.
>>
File: 1447360546060.png (143KB, 680x798px) Image search: [Google]
1447360546060.png
143KB, 680x798px
>>82869662
There aren't any. Read a fucking book for once.
>>
>>82870014
>HBO has tapped comedian and director Jordan Peele to adapt Matt Ruff's horror novel "Lovecraft Country" with "Underground" showrunner Misha Green.

>The "Key & Peele" co-creator, who is basking in the success of his clever horror satire "Get Out," is going back to television by teaming up with J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot and Warner Bros. Television for the one-hour series.

>Through his Monkeypaw Productions, Peele reportedly brought Ruff's book to Bad Robot and enlisted Green to helm the project, according to Deadline, which first reported the news.

>The Comedy Central star took to Twitter to clarify that the show "is more of a social thriller/horror/sci fi/ based on Matt Ruff's book" than a drama.

>Green, whose slavery drama "Underground" is on WGN America, also touted the new project, tweeting that there were no words for how excited she is "to tell genre stories where the black folks don't die first."

>Peele and Green will serve as executive producers along with Abrams. Green will also pen the pilot and serve as showrunner.

>Ruff's 2016 novel is set in the Jim Crow-addled 1950s and revolves around Atticus Black, who embarks on a road trip to find his missing father. He and his traveling companions, Letitia and his uncle George, face a slew of cosmic horrors and racism along the way. The anthological horror series is meant to reclaim genre storytelling from the African American perspective.

If this doesn't prove the existence of monkey's paw wishes I don't know what does
>>
>>82871884
But that's exactly what the book is about. What's the "monkey paw" aspect of it?
>>
>>82871973
>I wish for more adaptations of Lovecraft
>get fanfiction
>>
>>82871884
>reclaim genre storytelling from the African American perspective.
Never really "theirs" in the first place

Its like an Irishman writing a modern book "reclaiming" the genre about slavery from the black man.
>>
>>82869662
There is non, with maybe the exception of the silent Call of Cthulhu adapation

>>82869868
You're either retarded or don't understand English
>>
The Lurking Fear
From Beyond
Herb West
The Unnamable
>>
>>82869662
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPFx5tu3bsI
>>
>>82872068
It's not even an adaptation of Lovecraft, nor it claims to be. It's like being disappointed because you wanted one last Elvis movie and you got Bubba Ho Tep.
I mean, it's not like they released a movie called "At The Mountains Of Madness" and the cast was full of faggots and transgenders or whatever.
>>
File: The-Resurrected1.png (317KB, 325x485px) Image search: [Google]
The-Resurrected1.png
317KB, 325x485px
>>82869662
The Resurrected.

It's The Case of Charles Dexter Ward directed by Dan O'Bannon
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.