[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Imagine a movie where based David Lynch directs his own style

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Dune-Poster.jpg (140KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Dune-Poster.jpg
140KB, 600x900px
>Imagine a movie where based David Lynch directs his own style of Star Wars fantasy, with the same dream-like/surreal world we all come to like.

Can we all agree this is a good movie?

I mean sure it's not Star Wars great, but it's (you can say) a foreshadowing of Lynch's style.
>>
It's garbage. The guild navigators looked cool though.
>>
>>82867165
I love it. One of my faves
>>
>paul gains bene gesserit skills through training not through mary sue
>>
Awful movie made by a meme director using an awful book as source.

And Jodorowsky is also a hack before you een ask.
>>
It's fucking horrible. And this is coming from a Lynch fan.
>>
>>82866895

no because its shit. And Im not even saying this in a "muh book was better way!" because I never even read the book. It was unfocused garbage and basically just masturbation. Jodos Dune would have been even worse.
>>
>>82867510
Jodorowsky's Dune would've been amazing, because that would have been some kind of surrealist trip.
>>
>>82867457
>awful book

ILLITERATE FAGGOT MAGGOT HAGGOT MORON BORON RETARD FETARD BABOON DONKEY HIPPO IDIOT IMBECILE MUNKTOOOOOOOOON
>>
>>82867457

it is not an awful book. i heat you with evry fiber of my dog's carpet. fact you. go to heel.
>>
File: dourif.jpg (69KB, 600x304px) Image search: [Google]
dourif.jpg
69KB, 600x304px
This is my "fuck you, I love it" movie. Great music, costumes, and sets. You either like the story, or you don't. The suits with the money should have let Lynch just run with it and do his own thing. Too man unwashed fingers in the pie contaminated the final product.

I'd recommend watching the alternative version redux, but then again, if you already hate the film then you won't be interested regardless.
>>
File: IMG_4700.jpg (161KB, 800x1170px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4700.jpg
161KB, 800x1170px
>>82866895
All time classic... most alien-feeling of any sci-fi movie. Although I think producer Dino De Laurentis was the inspiration for Dick Laurent in Lost Highway. Plus future kinofu pic related
>>
>>82866895
It's a 6/10. Just taking out the retarded telekinetic shouting would've made it jump up at least one whole point.
Still, it captures a lot of the Dune aesthetics in a nice Lynchian way.
>>82867510
>Jodos Dune would have been even worse.
Absolutely. The notion that Jodorowsky's Dune would'be been any good is another popular narrative that probably stems from people getting meme'd by that stupid documentary. Jodorowsky's Dune would've sucked balls.
>>
>>82867385
He was fucking bred to be a Mary Sue
>>
>>82868311

he still needed bene gesserit training to survive the spice agony and use his kwisatz haderach powers. and his bene gesserit skills like voice came from training not by by pausing marysuecally in middle of fight.
>>
File: alicia witt.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
alicia witt.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>82868136
For he IS the Quizat Haderach.
>>
>>82868703

How could this be?
>>
>>82866895
I love this movie but maybe because I first saw it as a kid and became a pretentious and sufferable young adult. I wish there was more sci fi media that give me a tripped out feeling like this.
>>
The ending shows fundamental misunderstanding of not only the source material but even its own adaptation.

That rain was just so stupid.

The rest was fun. Great prologue.
>>
>>82866895
I watched the first half an hour of this movie and had literally no idea what the fuck was happening
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.