[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm writing a movie based on the story of an obscure indie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0175.jpg (2MB, 3648x5472px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0175.jpg
2MB, 3648x5472px
I'm writing a movie based on the story of an obscure indie game I found on steam. It was made by one guy.

Would I be risking it by ripping off the story completely? The gameplay itself is shit but the story was fantastic. The game itself is like 6 years old and barely anyone even played it. Could I get away with it?
>>
Ree answer me
>>
yeah
>>
>>82865724
>ripping off existing videogame which is on a platform from where everyone interested can gain almost immediate access to

All it takes for the guy is to show that his shit has almost exactly the same story and it was released way earlier. Why not just ask him about it?
>>
If the story is fantastic but the gameplay was shit, chances are that he himself ripped it off from a book or something. You better ask him first hand.
>>
>>82865724
I think you'll be found out.
>>
How about instead of wasting hours writing that bullshit you spend that time coming up with something original?
>>
>>82865724
What game?
>>
>>82866526
I mean the graphics are cool (8 bit) but it's obvious that he's an amateur in terms of game mechanics.
>>
>>82865724
Just ask him if you can use some of it. He'll probably think it's cool someone played his game.
>>
>>82865724
Shia? Is that you?
>>
>>82866771
I'm not totally ripping it off. Just the twist and the basic underlying plot, but with a lot changed
>>
If you cant think of your own ideas you're probably too much of a fag to actual write the thing so go ahead.
>>
>>82865724
Pirate everything, don't be afraid to steal if it's good and change enough to confuse the lawyers.

Meaning the first 10 minutes of gameplay.
>>
>>82867410

It will never be seen anyways. Just write what you want to.
>>
yeah as long as you twist it enough

all the good shit in watchmen was lifted from sirens of titan, which is very well known, and nobody really noticed or cared

still, why would you want to just retell someone elses story
>>
not to mention if your movie ever got made (it wont), you've now posted that you plan on knowingly plagiarizing it one a message board. screencapped this thread to screw you over in the future. happy travels!

please upvote senpai lulbaflubablubdrub
>>
Good artists borrow, great artists steal.

But copyright will be a problem if found out.
>>
>>82865724
Which game?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.