[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chapman>Cleese>Palin>Idle>Gilliam>J ones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: Flyingcircus_2[1].jpg (17KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Flyingcircus_2[1].jpg
17KB, 400x300px
Chapman>Cleese>Palin>Idle>Gilliam>Jones
>>
>>82852601
are you mad?
it's Chapman = Cleese > Palin=Jones > Idle> the american
>>
>>82852601
bruce, dave, scott, kevin, and mark were 10000% better than those fucking brit bong 'humourists'
>>
>>82852601

Palin's always been my favorite. His performances are massively underrated. I can understand why he's always overshadowed by Cleese who is legit godly though and Chapman with his dead comedian legend meme status
>>
>>82852671

Get your contrarian shit out of my thread.
>>
Cleese has the absolute best deadpan of all time

Prove me wrong faggots
>>
File: The_Goon_Show_(cast_photo)[1].jpg (17KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
The_Goon_Show_(cast_photo)[1].jpg
17KB, 340x255px
Goons > Pythons
>>
>>82853510
Spike > Cleese
but
Python > Goons
>>
>>82852601
idle > chapman > palin > gilliam > cleese > jones

best to worst
>>
>>82854214
Idle, Gilliam and Jones did the work
The others just rode on their coattails
>>
>>82853510
>>82854175

Palin apes the Goons with pretty much every character he does, and it's magical.
>>
>>82854454

>>Parrot Sketch
>>Cheese Chop Sketch

Palin/Cleese are the God Tier writing pair of Python.
>>
>letting an american in on your british comedy group because none of you can't draw for shit

w e w
>>
>>82852601
Switch Jones and Gilliam and I agree.
>>
Chapman is my favorite Python member but Gilliam shouldn't be that low
>>
>>82858345
In actual skits he was the worst and I didn't enjoy his animations more than the average skit desu (with a few exceptions).
>>
>>82852601
I'm not going to rate them. I love all of them.
>>
Cleese should obviously be on the same spot as Chapman.
>>
You only prefer Chapman because he died, it's always like this
>>
>>82858688
Wrong. I liked him the best before I even knew he was dead.
>>
>>82858688
he wasn't that good in flying circus, but god-tier in the movies
>>
>>82858688
Chapman is the best actor out of all of them (his roles in Holy Grail and Life of Brian were amazing), and Chapman had some of the best delivery in his sketches. He always had an amazing dark sense of humor.
>>
https://youtu.be/Ygg2KlicnOQ?t=3m57s

Chapman kino
>>
Cleese and Palin were probably the best in the first seasons because of their more active and charismatic roles. Jones and Chapman played more reserved or "slow" characters.
>>
>>82852601
People underestimate how much Giliam's visual style has an impact on the show at large, though of course he was pretty underutilized and the most lukewarm in the features.
Anyway, OP's list is more or less right though I'd say Palin and Cleese were equal. Palin often felt more unintentionally funny though, weird as that sounds from what was such a tight knit production. The more I mull it over the more I think Idle might be just that bit better.
But yeah anyone who doesn't have Chapman at the top is grossly misinformed and pleb.
>>
>>82853257
He's such an excitable guy in real life too
I think that's just an act though, he's got this anger deep inside of him that he taps into when he needs to be utterly emotionless at even the most absurd things
Well, used to anyway, now he's just a shilly old codger, but he earned it
>>
>tfw Jones is suffering from dementia

his historical stuff is great, its sad to see him losing grip
>>
>>82858688
Not true. Chapman was always stellar and the most solid of them. Cleese could be better at times but Chapman was consistently good.
>>
what´s so great about chpaman is that unlike the other pythons he played all his roles 100% real
he never embellished it or gave any kind of comedic exageration like palin would sometimes.

and i think idle is underrated, he just looks so innocent that is impossible not to believe anything he says.
the others always had too much of a wink wink nudge nudge to their performance but chapman played it as straight as it could be possible considering some of his roles
>>
>>82852780
I have the exact same opinion. OP's list is accurate except Palin should be higher.
>>
>>82859410
Are you kidding? Chapman was a fantastic comedic actor but to say he always played it straight with no embelishing or comic exaggerating is mad. Have you ever seen a normal person before?
>>
Name a better sketch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7UqhDs8zj4
>>
Palin>Chapman=Cleese=Jones=Idle>Gilliam(lol who)
>>
>>82858688
I'm sure he only became hyped after he died, that's why he starred both their movies while dead. It's not that he's the best actor or anything.
>>
>>82858688

No I prefer him because he was a massive pooftah
>>
>>82859570

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmMD4ij8GHk

Watch Chapman and Cleeses chest during this bit, they're both heaving because they're breathing through their noses. If they opened their mouths even a little they'd have broken out in laughter.

>that worthless audience barely fucking laughing
>>
Palin > Cleese > Idle > Jones > Chapman > Gilliam

Chapman is a good actor but he's not funny, that's why they put him in all the serious parts. Gilliam just isn't funny, good director though.
>>
>>82859893
>deadpan isn't a thing
>>
>>82859570
Mr Hilter and its followup.
>>
>>82852659
>Idle> the american
Idle went on to "star" in National lampoon's Europeen Vacation.
Gilliam went on to direct Time Bandits (1981), Brazil (1985), The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (1988), 12 Monkeys (1995), Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998), and The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009).

<
>>
>>82856169
Pallin wrote with Jones didn't he? because they went to oxford
Cleese is just in this one because he was the best at playing angry characters
>>
>>82852601
According to Eric Idle:
Idle>Idle>Idle>Idle>Idle>Idle
>>
>>82859754
Haven't seen that sketch before, it was great. The comments on that video are fucking cancer though.
>>
>>82852780
>>82852601
the cycling tour has always been one of my underrated favorites with palin
>>
>>82859570
I like tons of their sketches, although this one always gets me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYV-qYeWPkk
>>
>>82859570

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyFfmGf3b2Y
>>
>>82852671
Unironically literally who?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.