[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just saw this today. What did /tv/ think? I liked it but was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: the-handmaiden-poster.jpg (310KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
the-handmaiden-poster.jpg
310KB, 825x464px
Just saw this today. What did /tv/ think? I liked it but was a bit caught off. Was expecting a thriller.
>>
I fapped like 6 times
>>
Same. It had a lot sexiness instead of violence not that I'm complaining. The film is pretty forgettable.
>>
>>82840903
I thought it was sweet with the romance. Forgettable seems a bit strong?

Not a Titanic but noteworthy I thought. The sex scenes seemed excessive latter half though.
>>
>>82840355
It's all right.
>>
>>82840355
I was annoyed as soon as I recognized the plot and story from "Fingersmith". "Handmaiden" was quite a lot sexier though.
>>
Third act problems abound.

Despite all his hype I really think Chan-wook is the least consistent of the "big 3" SK directors from the noughties.
>>
File: 1494324957419.gif (2MB, 355x150px) Image search: [Google]
1494324957419.gif
2MB, 355x150px
I liked it. Not my favorite from Park (I like Stoker best) but it's still very much his style.

Dem sex scenes tho, wew.
>>
>>82841213
The end of part 1 had me gutted but the reveal was nice. After Old Boy I expected a sad or horrible ending but was happy. I thought the final boat scene spoiled the mood however.
>>
>>82840355
Someone post the webm. You know the one
>>
File: the-handmaiden08.jpg (487KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
the-handmaiden08.jpg
487KB, 2000x1333px
>>82841558
>Happy

But the best character died.
>>
>>82842001
I didnt like him. He was an asshole. My favourite was Sook Hee. Actress herself was beautiful and looked like she had not undergone surgery which was a huge plus.
>>
>>82842122
I found him to be the only sympathetic one honestly.

Sook Hee was good. I found her opposite miscast however. I guess casting an actual Japanese actress would have been out of the question.
>>
>>82842237
>only sympathetic

Guy planned to screw over a seemingly innocent woman/ maid into a mad house for his own gains.

Guy was an ass man.

>opposite miscast

How so? I didnt read the story the movie was based off but she seemed alright. Only way id cast it is to get Sook Hee a dead ringer i suppose.
>>
>>82842399
>Guy planned to screw over a seemingly innocent woman/ maid into a mad house for his own gains.
He was a wannabe Casanova. And he had the best lines. I'm not judging him morally I just found him the most interesting/human.

>How so?
tbph I just didn't find her very attractive.
>>
>>82842634
Fair point on the Casanova comment.

>tbph I just didn't find her very attractive

That too. Honestly I felt Sook Hee's actress looked a fair bit younger than her but supposedly thats not the case.
>>
the twist has a twist on the twist

and what a twist it was!
>>
>>82842901
Yeah but idk who they should have cast instead. I guess someone as cute as the lead like Lee Da Hae or IU would've worked. Would have given the romance a more childish tone I guess.

Of course it would've been extremely hard given the subject matter but I would've taken less sex for a cuter Lady Hideko.
>>
>>82840355
I thoroughly enjoyed this. Interesting genre bending, great production design and cinematography.
>>
>>82842001
At least he got to die with his dick___ intact.
>>
The maid was cuter than the lady
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.