[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started watching The Last Kingdom. I just finished episode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: lking.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
lking.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
Just started watching The Last Kingdom. I just finished episode 1. Is this ragnar lothrbrok in the series? I am slightly lost on who all these people are. Are we in the same time period as the TV series, "vikings"?
>>
>>82814202
Why did the main viking guy kill his wife WTF?
>>
>>82814202
bump
>>
Set in the late 9th century AD, when England was divided into seven separate kingdoms. The Anglo-Saxon lands are gradually attacked, plundered and in many areas effectively ruled by Viking Danes. The Kingdom of Wessex remains the last major stronghold against the Danes.
The protagonist, the fictional Uhtred of Bebbanburg, is the orphaned son of a Saxon nobleman of Northumbria after his brother and father are killed by the invading Danes.
>>
>>82814202
Ragnar was not a terribly uncommon name, as I understand it.

Some of the questions of the historical validity of the Ragnar Lothbrok epic pivot on possibility that the stories of his many deeds are not about the same person.

I hear of one camp asserts that the Lothbrok epic is actually an amalgam of lives of three different men named Ragnar.

But I think that at least a few facts are important and agreed upon at least for the sake of this shows. Ragnar Lothbrok was a famous Viking. Ivar the Boneless was the son of Ragnar Lothbrok. Ivar led the Great Barbarian Army which led to the establishment of the Dane Law in England.

As he was himself famous and the father of the leader of the greatest Viking army in history, after his death, the not uncommon name of "Ragnar" only grew in popularity.
>>
>>82814202
Does anyone read these books? Or is the TV series better?
>>
It's set after the current season of Vikings when Ivar and his brothers invaded England to avenge Ragnar basically is the simpleton way to explain it.
>>
Did season 2 only get 8 eps?

>>82814202
>Are we in the same time period as the TV series, "vikings"?
It's about a generation after the event of Vikings, Alfred is a kid in Vikings, in Last Kingdom he's an adult and has grown kids of his own.
>>
Nope its set after Ragnars death. So his some of his sons are still around ruling parts of Britain and Ireland.

You really only meet one of Ragnar's kids, Ubba in season 1.
>>
>>82814786
bump
>>
>>82814202
What's it like being a brainlet?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.