[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hasn't any Capeshit used the traditional coloring style

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: doom-is-still-a-douchebag.jpg (266KB, 410x388px) Image search: [Google]
doom-is-still-a-douchebag.jpg
266KB, 410x388px
Why hasn't any Capeshit used the traditional coloring style of comics?
flat and solid
entire backgrounds one color
nice bright primary colors

would make a visually interesting flick
>>
Kys capeshitter
>>
this is actually a interesting idea. it seems like it would be reeeaal easy to fuck up
>>
No one takes comics seriously, thats why. Except Zack Snyder.
>>
>>82806983
the original cartoons did.
>>
>>82806983
why hasn't any capeshit used the actual comics as a source? you know, like, tell the stories as they appeared in the beloved original works?
>>
>>82806983
Dick Tracy
>>
>>82806983
I can't picture any way this could look good in live action.
>>
>>82808217
They used to until 2010 when iron man 2 was released
>>
>>82808108
that's because the original cartoons were made in the 60s, the same time as the comics.
>>
Seems like they're going in that direction with Ragnarok. It's reminiscent of the old 70's Thor comics which look like fucking Dr. Seuss.
>>
>>82808299
nah. look at the shitshow of X-Men. decades of utter bullshit. sam raimi's spider-man was fine for children only. fantastic four, ghost rider, all garbage. that stuff did not honor the source material. you can make an origin story but i'm talking about really capturing the source material. not churning out a lazy version of it.
>>
>>82807300
This
>>
>>82808354
looks like the same dull colors as usual
>>
File: dick tracy.png (1MB, 1440x781px) Image search: [Google]
dick tracy.png
1MB, 1440x781px
>>82806983
They actually did back in the 90s, it's still one of the best looking films out there.
>>
Suspiria kinda looked like a comic book in parts. More movies should copy that

too bad they don't use technicolor anymore
>>
>>82806983
Batman and Robin did also the one with Val kilmer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qG9axae8eE
>>
>>82809795
God damn, with that movie and Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and Rocketeer, the Mouse really got that fucking era
>>
>>82806983

Dick Tracy is for you.
>>
>>82808231
Holy SHIT, this ACTUALLY EXISTS.
>>
File: suspiria-212.jpg (237KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
suspiria-212.jpg
237KB, 1920x816px
Dick Tracy is a good pick but doesnt go nearly far enough

I was thinking Suspiria levels
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.