[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the /tv/ consensus on this? Just reshown on SyFy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: v-for-vendetta.jpg (357KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
v-for-vendetta.jpg
357KB, 1920x1080px
What's the /tv/ consensus on this?

Just reshown on SyFy

For me it was a shitpile of bad dialogue, shitty exposition and miscasting. And yet...
>>
>>82802463
What was bad about the casting? I thought everyone did a great job.

I haven't watched it since High School but it's way better than most capeshit.
>>
File: Alan-Moore-small.jpg (183KB, 410x600px) Image search: [Google]
Alan-Moore-small.jpg
183KB, 410x600px
>I've read the screenplay, so I know exactly what they're doing with it, and I'm not going to be going to see it. When I wrote "V," politics were taking a serious turn for the worse over here. We'd had [Conservative Party Prime Minister] Margaret Thatcher in for two or three years, we'd had anti-Thatcher riots, we'd got the National Front and the right wing making serious advances. "V for Vendetta" was specifically about things like fascism and anarchy.

>Those words, "fascism" and "anarchy," occur nowhere in the film. It's been turned into a Bush-era parable by people too timid to set a political satire in their own country.

>Alan gave some details about bits of the V For Vendetta shooting script he'd seen. "It was imbecilic; it had plot holes you couldn't have got away with in Whizzer And Chips in the nineteen sixties. Plot holes no one had noticed."

>What Moore found most laughable however were the details. "They don't know what British people have for breakfast, they couldn't be bothered. 'Eggy in a basket' apparently. Now the US have 'eggs in a basket,' whish is fried bread with a fried egg in a hole in the middle. I guess they thought we must eat that as well, and thought 'eggy in a basket' was a quaint and Olde Worlde version. And they decided that the British postal service is called Fedco. They'll have thought something like, 'well, what's a British version of FedEx... how about FedCo? A friend of mine had to point out to them that the Fed, in FedEx comes from 'Federal Express.' America is a federal republic, Britain is not."
>>
>>82802463

casting was fine, and the writing is ok, the problem is it comes off as too goofy and capeshit-esque when it should have been a bit more serious and gritty like the comic
>>
>>82802524
>it's full of plot holes
>can't name a single one
>can only nitpick irrelevant names of breakfast items

Sounds like he posts here desu. Also, eggs in the basket has dozens of names, and is in fact British.
>>
>>82802524
>dude Thatcher is a dictator lmao

Sounds like the film improved his work
>>
>>82802505

Stephen Rea in particular
>>
>>82802524

moore is based

he's 100% right for hating hollywood's movies of his work
>>
>>82802629

For a Britfag watching it, the writing grates a bit. We never say "cop" and seldom say "bollocks", little things like that, the pronunciation of "lever" should have been ironed out
>>
I read the comics when they came out (probably too young). They capture something of the time, especially around the miner's strike. I just remember it being colder and darker than it gets now. Everything was worn out and all the more jarring for being 60s and 70s stuff. Its an era of pool's coupons, rented TVs and fish & chips.

Could be best remade as a period piece, Tinker Taylor style.
>>
>>82802872
Fair cop*

*I learned this phrase from Monty Python
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.