[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Moon King is defeated >he is reduced to a mortal old man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

>Moon King is defeated
>he is reduced to a mortal old man with no memories
>Kubo and the villagers obscure the truth from him and brainwash him

Why are "good guys" always so cruel?
>>
>>82787642
I saw the movie recently too. I just sat back and kept my mouth shut since my little brother suggested we watch the novie, but I was thinking (when the ending came) that it seemed to be making fun of japanese society.
>>
>>82787642

adults cant enjoy movies made for kids.
>>
Hanzo's death genuinely shocked me. It's very rare for a major character to be disposed of in such a quick manner.
>>
That part irked me too. It's like they're implying that history revisionism is good if it benefits their agenda.
>>
Or they just wanted to give the old bastard peace.
>>
>moon king is talking about the sacrifices necessary for advancement as a people

>kubo is all FUG DAT PRAYING TO LANTERNS BEATS THE FUCK OUT OF GODHOOD

what did they mean by this
>>
>>82787776
Not really a movie for kids. The movie opens with his mother getting brain damage.
>>
>>82787642
I appreciated that they didn't magically bring his parents back to life at the ending.
Reminded me of kids movies from the 80s that weren't afraid to get a little dark.
Also jaw dropping on a technical level. It should have done better in the theaters.
>>
>>82787642
Dude, he was an evil murderer who wanted to rip Kubo's remaining eye out. Kubo could've killed him, but instead he gets to live his last years as a respected elder in a comfy village.
>>
>>82788698
Technical details alone do not a movie make. It had mediocre everything else, it had nothing particularly stand out, it was bland. You can have all the pretty visuals you like, but directing all your budget and effort into your ultimately obsolete visual effects which you're using just for the sake of brownie points. It looked good enough to be CGI, it's only angle was muh stop motion, which kids don't care about, only animation snobs. Kubo got what it deserved.
>>
File: 1477338129547.jpg (12KB, 317x267px) Image search: [Google]
1477338129547.jpg
12KB, 317x267px
>>82788848
Don't quit your day job.
>>
File: 1272.jpg (80KB, 806x538px) Image search: [Google]
1272.jpg
80KB, 806x538px
>>82788876
Stay mad that your shit tier kids movie was forgotten by everyone two weeks after it came out, lad
>>
>>82788848
>It had mediocre everything else
I disagree, it was a fine coming of age story with fun fantasy elements, and a heart.
Superior to the samey-same turd's disney craps out.
>>
>>82788939
>forgotten by everyone two weeks after it came out
And yet here we are talking about it.
>>
>>82788996
It didn't have enough to stand out for me. Just didn't do anything for me. It was too highly skewed in favour of its practical effects, which while nice and all, doesn't alone deserve some kind of gold star for effort. The only scenes I remember are when the sisters first appear because it was alittle spooky and the giant skeleton. I don't remember the rest of the movie at all.
>>
>>82789053
Yeah man, conversation's just exploding, isn't it?
>>
>>82789163
I liked the relationship with his mom, the call back to the story he told in the market. The fact that it didn't resolve with an ebin battle. The oragami boat. The ending in the cemetery. Using the strings from his parents to fix his nip-banjo.
I'm not saying its a 10/10 flawless movie, but I found myself genuinely enjoying it and thought more than once that I wish it had been a movie that was out when I was a kid.
It really appreciated that it didn't treat the audience like they were stupid and fragile, like so many other movies for kids seem to do now.
Solid flick. And as an 80's that grew up on harryhausen, I have a soft spot for stop motion. It requires love and craft, and it shows in the finished product.
>>
>>82787926
*tips shamisen
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.