[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't seen a single movie of hers. Why exactly is she

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: Meryl-Streep-Wallpaper-9.png (938KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Meryl-Streep-Wallpaper-9.png
938KB, 1024x768px
I haven't seen a single movie of hers.

Why exactly is she so highly regarded?
>>
>>82774845
she's just a meme bro
>>
stop watching capeshit
>>
>>82774845
>Why exactly is (((she))) so highly regarded?
>>
>>82774845
completely disregarding trump memes or otherwise, she actually is very overrated. but she's had some good roles
>>
>>82774845
> I haven't watched her movies, help me to have an opinion without ever doing so

fuck off back to /v/
>>
>>82774845
She's good but for the most part her films a bad. She was in some classics early in her career but a lot of okay to bad movies since. I mean she's always good in them but no sense in watching because the movies are bad.
>>
the 'critics' always need to latch on to some group of actors they can oogle over. the movie that put Meryll Streep onto a this level was 'Sophie's Choice', really bad acting as usual served up in a very pretentious psuedo-intellectual plot
>>
>>82776240
I saw Sophie's choice last week and I did not get the hype. All main characters were obnoxious jews. Glad they died in the end.
>>
She gets nominated all the time because there aren't many other oscar-worthy actresses still around these days unfortunately.
>>
I've hated Streep long before Trump said anything about her.

She IS overrated as fuck. Why is she so highly regarded as the best actress ever? Simply because of circlejerking, literally no other reason. She delivers the same performance as any other high tier actor/actress, Hollywood simply chose her as the flagbearer
>>
>>82774845

She's the female Gordon Freeman. Both don't act for shit, every single one of their roles is just roleplaying as themselves but it gets mistaken as high quality acting because they are always posing as this 2good4u intimidating character that has everyone around them begging for their approval. It's like those people who always stay silent with a highborn expression that gets mistaken for intelligence and thus they are praised even though they haven't actually done anything.
>>
>>82774845
She's good at sucking her own futa dick. That's why. All that autofellatio is why she always has that stupid grin and why she turns into a giant fucking bitch diva when she doesn't get to genocide her own cummies.
>>
>>82774845
Shouldn't you go watch one of their movies, if you're so curious?
>>
>>82776861
>Gordon Freeman
>>
>>82776861
>Gordon Freeman
You're right, the guy can't act for shit, always pulling the silent protag crap.
>>
>>82776997
>>82777010

Fucking kek, I really need to sleep, jesus christ. Meant Morgan Freeman ofc.
>>
File: 1490000898526.jpg (17KB, 260x273px) Image search: [Google]
1490000898526.jpg
17KB, 260x273px
>>82776861
>Gordon Freeman
>>
She's a very good actress but she's never really been in any notable films, at least not playing as the protagonist.
>>
File: 1494618566966.jpg (43KB, 669x597px) Image search: [Google]
1494618566966.jpg
43KB, 669x597px
>>82776861
>Gordon Freeman
>>
>>82775394
>she's had some good roles

You completely failed to name any.
>>
>>82776471
This, hated her for years but that stupid speech sealed the deal for me.
I don't even give a fuck about the content of the speech so much as the arrogant, self-congratulating aura it had around it. Reminded me exactly of that George Clooney Oscars speech from a while back (another actor who just plays himself in every movie):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqDbG9h-f7c
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 350x304px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 350x304px
>>82776861
I still can't believe that fucking bore of an actor won the oscar for best actor over pic related
>>
>>82777139
Not him, but her only good stuff is where she's being a giant bitch (aka herself). Death Becomes Her or Devil Wears Prada really. Everything else is legitimately pretentious crap, especially anything recent like Suffragette.
>>
>>82777139
Not him but the devil wears prada and her playing Thatcher were good. The only real notable roles she's been in in like 10 years
>>
>>82777105
Sy cracks me up
>>
>>82777139
FAIL
>>
>>82777177
Damn I just remembered the south park episode of making fun of the amount of smug that came from his speech.
>>
She played someone from my country once and got the accent ALL WRONG
>>
>>82777403
It's even funnier knowing he voiced the dog in the Big Gay Al episode from years ago
>>
Literally because she is good at turning on the waterworks.

All she fucking does in Deer Hunter and Kramer vs Kramer.
>>
File: 1389289912607.jpg (47KB, 783x546px) Image search: [Google]
1389289912607.jpg
47KB, 783x546px
>>82776861
>Gordon Freeman acting
So thats why no half life 3
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.