[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This movie was kino. [spoilers] >tiny alien hands >engineer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 291
Thread images: 23

This movie was kino.
[spoilers]
>tiny alien hands
>engineer genocide
>the flute
>Wagner
[/spoilers]
But there's one thing that bothers me: How did David grow his hair?
>>
>>82765399
>here's a strange planet we know nothing about, lets walk around with no helmets on
>here's some wheat we know nothing about or who planted it, lets eat some
>here's some weird poisonous looking sacks on the ground, lets poke them and take a deep breath
>here's a room with a dead guy and a weird violent creature that burst out of his back, lets open the door and charge in with a shotgun with no backup

It was visually great, and great production etc, but it was not kino.
>>
>>82765626
And yet none of this was as dumb as anything in Prometheus.
>>
>>82765952

You're right, it was dumber.
>>
>>82765952
Prometheus was kino you plebian
>>
>>82767595

prometheus was fucking shit you mentally impoverished knave
>>
>>82767797
is too deep for you, it's just that.
>>
File: 1493945713345.jpg (74KB, 540x526px) Image search: [Google]
1493945713345.jpg
74KB, 540x526px
>>82767797
>le reddit memes told me it's bad

This site is 18+ so please go back to bed you child
>>
>>82767797
nice redditspeak there cuckdexter
>>
why is everyone so goddamn emotional in this movie, almost none of them are professional despite being in charge of a trillon dollar space trip

its annoying desu
>>
>>82768617

humans are emotional, they were not supposed to be awake, that's why Walter was piloting the ship

if the crew were full of Vickers they would still be an emotional mess
>>
>>82765399
>Let me do the fingering

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>82765399

You're still in the stage of your life where the inclusion of Wagner impresses you. Underage!
>>
>>82765626
>here's a strange planet we know nothing about, lets walk around with no helmets on

STAR TREK STAR TREK STAR TREK SHUT UP ALREADY
>>
>>82769128
stop harping about star trek you fucking faggot, different universe different rules
>>
File: kissa_vainiin.jpg (57KB, 520x853px) Image search: [Google]
kissa_vainiin.jpg
57KB, 520x853px
>>82767595
>Every scientist is a retard in Prometheus.
>Also random fucking zombie bullshit.
>Kino
Get the fuck outta here.
>>
File: 1490200441339.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1490200441339.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>82769128
Atmosphere was breathable you doofus, it was established that it had no poisonous contaminants and biological agents are irrelevant.

Biological agents like bacteria, fungi or viruses are highly specialized and geared towards their host organisms, you're hard pressed to catch anything from animals on earth, unless multiple lucky mutations over dozens of generations occur in the pathogen, enabling cross species transmission.

Expecting pathogens from the other side of the galaxy to be compatible with earthborne organisms is asinine - expecting otherwise is going into Star Trek territory.

No one could have predicted that the biosphere was saturated with a 100% lethal bio-engineered pathogen, designed with an explicit purpose of targeting anything that lives.
>>
>>82769091
Alien movies were always sexualized to create more fear.
>>
>>82769649
>le everything remotely weird is a zombie
It was not a zombie. It was a genetic mutation because the black goo destroys your DNA.
>>
>>82770243
Didley didn't bother with logic, neither should you, trying to science out the bullshit will open up more holes senpai.
>>
>>82770243
>gee whiz theres no animals or lifeforms here
>i wonder why that is
>oh man you see this? *pokes alien ballsacks and breathes it in*

as stupid as the prometheus alien worm scene
>>
>>82771165
Dude was a raging faggot anyway, call it natural selection...
>>
File: 346346365756.jpg (7KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
346346365756.jpg
7KB, 300x188px
>>82765399

is Ridley Scott secretly homophobic?

"i'll do the fingering"
"i love you" *gay kiss*

>David is creepy,perverse and weird
>shows him having homo vibes with Walter, as if being gay is unnatural, degenerate or undesirable, along with the rest of his fetishes

As a LGBT person i'm actually semi triggered
>>
>>82771458
This pasta is stale
>>
File: 1405302934570.png (114KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
1405302934570.png
114KB, 200x194px
>>82771458

>tfw you will never be michael fassbender making out with michael fassbender
>>
>>82771458
No he is a narcissists
>>
Was the leak true? Did it end with David killing Walter and replacing the embryos with his agent and replacing Walter as the ships android with the remaining 3-4 people going on to the original colony planet like they planned prior to distress beacon?
>>
File: alien.png (655KB, 2376x1680px) Image search: [Google]
alien.png
655KB, 2376x1680px
The movie sucked after 20 or 30 minutes.
On the moment David shot the flare I said: "Oh fuck now it's ruined." The director didn't know what to do with that film. He tried to expand into every direction possible and failed because he was trying to show too many things that didn't need to be there and he didn't realize that Prometheus sucked.
The part with the two androids was slow and lame. To me it was obvious that they would switch places when David cut his hair. That fucking part with David explaining what he was doing with the aliens evolution was the worst of the whole film.
The parts with the second alien type were completely stupid.
The only actor that did his job well was Fassbender.
The dumbest thing in that film mas Ridley Scott himself. That guy quickly became worst than George Lucas.
>>
>>82771805
yes

also total xenomorph+neomorph screen time was less than 30 mins
>>
>>82772106
Hah. Some fucker said to me when I explained what I read in the leaks a few weeks back as 'bullshit copypasta' turned out to be the truth. My guess he was a shill trying to get people to see the film despite the leaks cause he seemed to do it in multiple threads.

I mean I can see what Ridley is doing, it's a slightly less in-your-face religious metaphor than BvS, but I can see it.

So is Shaw the Xenomorph Queen or the first Xenomorph Queen or the Queen Alpha or whatever word it is? I can see a much later film in the series, where they land on the Xenomorph's homeworld having a scene where you see scraps of uniform on the Queen or some shit

Thanks bra.
>>
>>82772321
So is Shaw the Xenomorph Queen or the first Xenomorph Queen or the Queen Alpha or whatever word it is?

its called the Queen Mother. it is never explicitly stated by david, but it is inferred. No, she is not alive. She is dead and opened up on the dissection table. David created eggs in his basement (literally) but the movie never really explained the exact process, hence the inference
>>
>>82772633
Ah. Thanks. I'll wait until it comes on TV and watch it then like I did with Prometheus. If you saw the film, was it better or worse than Prometheus? Worth a watch anyway? Anything interesting like world building or easter eggs or characters?
>>
>>82772633
>>82773091
Wasn't Ridley always fucking salty about Aliens? I doubt he would explore any aspect to the xenomorph that film added or respect anything from the comics
>>
File: Best Pepe.png (42KB, 318x300px) Image search: [Google]
Best Pepe.png
42KB, 318x300px
>>82765399
>it's a shill doesn't know how to spoiler episode
>>
>>82771458
Gays are creepy megalomaniacs tho.
>>
Easily a 9/10 sci-fi, I just wish Scott did less close-up shots of the ayy when it was running towards them and had it visible in the distance coming at them.
>>
>>82773091
in hindsight slightly worse than Prometheus, its very unsatisfying. Fassbender is the only good character, the rest are one dimensional/ forgettable/ too emotional on the verge of annoying. The butch didnt get enough time to develop, shes not Ripley tier.

neomorphs are not interesting or creative , they filled the same niche in the story telling as traditional xenomorphs. Now that we have xenomorphs i doubt we will see neomorphs again.

World building wise---there are still so many questions and it seemed like killing all the engineers was a cop out because Ridley didnt want to explain them or their motives any longer. You get like 30 seconds of them on the screen and the rest is all up to inference. My take was that they were a dying civilization in its twilight days, the architecture was very Rome like and the crowd was full of men
>>
>>82773427
Thank you for the insight into the mind of a pleb.
>>
>>82773427
Cheers.

>>82773489
Well let's hear your opinion on it, I'd like to. Not being rude.
>>
>>82765399
it tried to do too much in 2 hours. It couldnt decide whether it was a David movie, or a Alien/black goo movie, or a Daniels movie, or a Colonization sci fi movie

they all jostled for screen time and the notes are weak
>>
>>82773427
>all men
I swear I remember seeing kids and women anon, in fact I'm almost 100% sure
>>
>>82771165
that scene was given proper context by a deleted scene which showed the same person come across friendly creatures, it also established how the black goo mutated other life form
Too bad Prometheus was edited by Michael J Fox, I'm glad they hired a decent editor for Covenant at least
>>
>This movie was kino

Sad news. I was hoping it would be good.
>>
So uh.....is that scene where David is mass bombing the engineers along with all those scenes with Shaw in the movie? Or were they just in the trailer for fan service and hype?
>>
>>82773746
You see more of the bombing, no shaw
>>
>>82773746
the bombing is in
Shaw only shows up as a corpse
>>
>>82769128
>star trek
Star Trek's universe has such advanced fucking medical technology that any disease they come across is cured in the span of a 25 minute episode.
>>
>>82773781
>>82773786
So all those conversations in the passover trailer are not there? Fucking Ridley
>>
>>82770243
>take your helmets off on alien world because bacteria won't affect us
>despite numerous cases of cross-species disease on Earth, and the evidence of Earth species on the planet (wheat, which they consume)

The movie is not kino, nor was it good in the first place. Aliens are boring now, it's been done too many times and with so few changes in delivery.
>>
>>82771458
>bringing gays on a colony ship
It's like I'm watching a parody of an Aliens film. Did the Wayans have anything to do with this flick?
>>
>>82773848
when did they consume the wheat? i can only remember gay cowboy crushing it up in his hand
>>
>>82773887
To be fair they were just part of the transport crew they hired
>>
>>82773146
Ridley was mad that Cameron made a better film.
>>
>>82773887
well gays are not sterile

if a gay man nutted inside a woman she will still get preggo, getting an erection is the only semi troublesome part---but most men will fuck anything if they are horny enough
>>
>>82773896
a couple cutaway shots. Very unprofessional of these people to get so close and be so careless in the first place
>>
>>82773923
It's still no excuse, if I was in charge of that expedition I would want all my bases covered.

>>82773974
>if a gay man
But a gay man probably won't, considering he is not attracted to women.
>but most men will fuck anything if they are horny enough
So we can cure homosexuality by locking them in chastity?
>>
>>82774039
"probably wont" and "couldn't" isnt the same. If there was a legitimate need for extra sperm I'm sure they can provide. At worst they can always jerk off onto a petri-dish.

many straight men go gay in prison, a hole is a hole

as for gay men, you have no idea how many "discreet married men with kids" you can find cruising for gay sex on craigslist/grindr
>>
>>82774039
why would they want the transport crew to bang the reproduction specimen? I'm assuming they were selected for their specific genes or something, it doesen't really matter who carries them from point A to point B
>>
>>82774168
extra genetic diversity is always a good thing

of course you dont want obviously poor genes, but a healthy human bean with no family history of disease? why not
>>
>>82774141
>many straight men go gay in prison, a hole is a hole
>rape is a sexuality
Imagine being this much of moron.

>you have no idea how many "discreet married men with kids" you can find cruising for gay sex on craigslist/grindr
I'd imagine it's a higher number than it should be. I wonder if their wives know that they have a high risk of obtaining HIV because their husbands are unfaithful, perverted fiends.
>>
>>82774440
>rape

not all cases are rape, and many straight men become the top there, so they'd actually have to want gay sex/ some form of release.

in any case, sexuality can be flexed if needed, a prison is an out of the ordinary setting. Same as a spaceship/ new colony.

Also most people are like 90-95% heterosexual/homosexual and incidentally bisexual. You can say for now you'd never have gay sex, but maybe you'd accept a brojob from a 10/10 twink while you're drunk/ horny AF.
>>
>>82774812
>not all cases are rape, and many straight men become the top there, so they'd actually have to want gay sex/ some form of release.
IMAGINE
>sexuality can be flexed
So what's with gay pride and homosexuality acceptance? If it can be flexed if needed, why cater to them at all by putting them in a film?

>you can say for now you'd never have gay sex, but maybe you'd accept a brojob from a 10/10 twink while you're drunk/ horny AF.
>translation: I personally have a weak will, so that means everyone else must too otherwise that makes me a faggot

I'd never have gay sex, not even anal with a woman.
>>
>>82774876
how would I know? im not the writer

im saying its not a black and white thing, humanity didnt survive for 250,000 years without being flexible

>not even anal with a woman
what you are not willing to do does not always apply to others. Its not even gay to have anal sex with a woman.
>>
>>82765399
>engineer genocide
What
>>
>>82774876
I never got this shit about sexual flexibility
My dick does not get hard with men, how is it a choice?
>>
File: raw.cf.gif (517KB, 300x230px) Image search: [Google]
raw.cf.gif
517KB, 300x230px
>>82773789
Friendly reminder that Sisko did nothing wrong
>>
>>82774876
>I'd never have gay sex, not even anal with a woman.

You sure about that? Because this sounds really fucking gay.
>>
>>82774962
>humanity didnt survive for 250,000 years without being flexible
Humanity survived its existence thus far by being heterosexual. Homosexuality is a distraction at best and dysgenic at worst. Furthermore, homosexuals are a minority of the population and there is no evidence whatsoever to state that humanity "needs" homos.

>>82774962
It's not "gay" but it's still disgusting. Just because you're doing sexual acts with a woman, doesn't mean it's all great and A-OK.

>what you are not willing to do does not always apply to others
useless statement, I'm also not willing to murder people, ergo I should not have an opinion on murder?
>>
>>82775031
you're baiting but anal sex is the gayest thing you could do with a woman.
>>
>>82775123
If you're male and you're doing it with a woman it's not gay, you fucking mongoloid.
>>
I just watched it and I rate 6.5
Another case of a criminally overrated movie. Awful pacing, xenomorph is there for literally 15 minutes and fuck them for majorly fucking Shaw and for tht shitty ending
>>
>>82775097
>no evidence whatsoever

what if homosexuals are nature's answer to extra manpower/backup procreation for the tribe without the additional tax of new mouths to feed? who made you the arbiter of what is needed? They can hunt for the tribe and thus ensure their brothers' genes survive to the next generation.

and throughout history there are many gay men who contributed great things to civilization, like Alan Turing and Tchaikovsky.

>disgusting
who cares, monogamy and "sex after marriage" is actually a very recent thing, humans have been around for way longer than the abrahamic religions
>>
>>82775175
>it's not gay
Yes it is. Another example would be wearing women's clothing while fucking a woman. that would also be gay.

Is anal sex with a woman preferable to anal sex with a man? Yes, of course. But regular sex or oral sex from a woman is not as gay as anal sex with a woman.

What's the point of anal sex with a woman in the first place, it's ignoring her femininity in the first place.
>muh tight hole
If her cunt isn't tight then find a less used woman.
>>
>>82775302
>gay
having a preference for men

>having [X form of sex] with a woman is GAY because im not comfortable with it
being this retarded

by definition you're 100% wrong
>>
>>82770243
>No one could have predicted that the biosphere was saturated with a 100% lethal bio-engineered pathogen, designed with an explicit purpose of targeting anything that lives.
That's why you wear a helmet or a mask.
>>
File: Dr. Pepe.png (189KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Pepe.png
189KB, 500x498px
>>82775273
>what if homosexuals are nature's answer to extra manpower/backup procreation for the tribe without the additional tax of new mouths to feed?
That's probably the dumbest thing you've said so far. The homosexuals themselves are the additional tax of new mouths to feed, since they do not contribute to distribution of the group's genetic information.

>who made you the arbiter
>implying I have to be a god in order to make a criticism

>They can hunt for the tribe and thus ensure their brothers' genes survive to the next generation.
Straight men can do the same exact thing AND pass on their own genes as well. The homosexual is defective even in the purpose you just provided.

>here are many gay men who contributed great things to civilization, like Alan Turing and Tchaikovsky.
Wow, men living pampered livings in western developed nations that would have done the same exact things if they were straight. Their homosexuality didn't contribute to their success, it limited the spread of their higher intelligence to future generations. Despite their great creations, they did not pass on what truly made them great in the first place- their genetic code. If a great homosexual DOES pass on their information, they have done it heterosexually... proving homosexuality to be a distraction/defect.

>disgusting
>who cares
Do you honestly believe the human reaction of disgust has no tangible real-world consequence or purpose? Civilization was built around the practice of monogamy and traditional heterosexual marriage. Unless you're about to advocate for anarchotribalism, you have nothing to stand on.
>>
File: laughing popcorn.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
laughing popcorn.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>82775346
>letting a woman fuck your ass with a thick strapon is not gay because she's a girl
Tie a rope around your neck and swing around for a bit, pal.
>>
>>82765626
To be fair it looked just like earth.
>>
>>82775456
>ensure strength of tribe
>do not contribute to distribution of the group's genetic information.

>Straight men can do the same exact thing AND pass on their own genes as well
and straight men tend to have kids, leading to the increased taxing of resources for the tribe. You think food drops from the sky?

>implying having children is the -only- contribution you can make to your species
by that logic, if you are a gay man who invented a machine which solved civilization issues, they still didnt contibute?

>Civilization was built around the practice of monogamy

omfg, learn some history. Monogamy is not the norm biologically. Powerful men in many cultures in the past had harems, as do all apes in the wild.

you understanding of the world is literally pleb tier
>>
>>82774039
>>82773887
None of the scientists were expected to have any kids. That's what the 20,000 human embryo's in cryo were for.
>>
>>82775228
>overrated
what?
>>
>>82775766

Thats good for movies hence the green color
>>
>>82775302
Okay got it you're either baiting or actually retarded.
>>
>>82775823
So do you think a 6.5 shouldn't be a good score? Because a 5 should be average. That's why it's in the middle.
>>
File: that way.jpg (353KB, 986x554px) Image search: [Google]
that way.jpg
353KB, 986x554px
>>82775644
>ensure strength of tribe
>by eating and taking up space without passing on genetic information
nice meme

>leading to the increased taxing of resources for the tribe
>"kids are a tax"
Kids are an investment and necessary part of why the tribe exists in the first place. They are what is protected most, with a close second going to females (which incubate, care, and feed them).

> they still didnt contibute?
They did not contribute to the passing down of genetic information, please try to keep up. Now imagine this: A father who creates a computer, his son improves it, and his grandson improves it further. Amazing contribution!
Now picture this: A man creates a computer, and then dies. Which one best represents the homosexual?
>omfg
pic related
>Powerful men in many cultures in the past had harems, as do all apes in the wild.
Cool point, guess we should go back to raping conquered women. Fuck, apes in the wild sometimes engage in incest and cannibalism. We should too, after all apes do it and primitive humans used to do it!

>>82775663
>hey guys, sending you out to colonize another world. Don't actually reproduce though.
>>
>>82765626
They spend time discussing how eerily similar this planet is to earth before they arrive

>here's some wheat we know nothing about or who planted it, lets eat some
I don't recall them ever eating the wheat

>here's some weird poisonous looking sacks on the ground, lets poke them and take a deep breath

The guy accidentally stepped on those and the tiny spores, which are invisible to the naked eye, entered one of the many orifices in the human body all without the host ever knowing.

>here's a room with a dead guy and a weird violent creature that burst out of his back, lets open the door and charge in with a shotgun with no backup

She thought she could take it out with the bigass shotgun, but women.

None of your points are valid.
>>
File: 1442313676375.jpg (49KB, 957x720px) Image search: [Google]
1442313676375.jpg
49KB, 957x720px
>>82775919
Oh yeah, and they had more colonists in cryo as well. No idea how much though. Plus I'm saying that they don't need to reproduce IMMEDIATELY when they get there since they've got tens of thousands of baby's to grow and birth using science. No putting them in humans required.
>>
>>82776099
>image says you are a fag
that's almost ironic
>>
>>82776070
>which are invisible to the naked eye
>we both see and hear the result of him stepping on it, which was very obvious
>>
>>82773146
I'd be pretty miffed if a hotshot cunt made a cheap and repetitive action flick that detailed the physical limitations of my cosmic horror, and legions of nostalgic manchildren held up his kitsch as an equal to my film.
>>
>>82776146
Oh no. I'm proving how you're wrong. I must be a fag for actually caring about getting facts correct.
>>
>>82775919
>>82776099
The guy in cryo were supposed to colonise, the crew you meet in the film are basically space truckers, hence why they are expendable
>>
File: inoperable cancer.png (53KB, 571x618px) Image search: [Google]
inoperable cancer.png
53KB, 571x618px
>>82776200
>proving me wrong
>nothing he said proves me wrong about the inherent stupidity of allowing homosexuals on a colonization mission

Whatever it takes to justify sodomites, you'll believe.
>>
I had a great with this movie.

My one and only major gripe with it was the big "twist" about David pretending to be Walter. I saw the twist coming from miles away and it's all because they just had to show how David could get the upper hand by doing that cliche, zoom in to the guy grabbing the weapon at the last second shot before they cut away from the Walter-David fight.

I can't shake the feeling on how great it would've been to be clueless about that twist.
>>
>>82775919
stop moving the goalposts.

1stly, contribution to species is not solely genetic based.

2ndly. gay men CAN have children, they are not infertile---l2bio

and biology does not care if sex was rape or not rape
>>
>>82776230
>colonization mission
>faggots and racemixers act as human shields for the thousands of people in cryo sleep who are actually going to reproduce
I can't see how this is stupid
>>
>>82776175
>we both see and hear the result of him stepping on it

It's almost as if movies sometimes emphasized on things so the audience can know what's going on and what it is. Do you know what an omnipotent point of view is? or did you skip school that day?

And besides, he didn't breath it in. It entered his ear drum.

Again, none of your points are valid
>>
>>82776175
>WHAT THE CAMERA SEES IS WHAT THE CHARACTER SEEES
is this your first movie ever?
>>
>>82776191
yet everyone remembered aliens
>>
Why the fuck did this movie rape the alien lore so hard?

>Facehugger embryo gestates in just a few hours
>almost fully mature alien comes out instead of some nymph-like bitch
>facehugger delivers payload in literally less than 10 seconds
>it turns out the facehuggers were engineered from Shaw's eggs, so how the fuck did they end up spreading to the LV whatever?

Also the movie had literally 0 character development, we didn't know anything about any character asides from Oman being a man of faith
>>
>>82776191
I'd be miffed about that too, but I would then try to take the franchise in a direction that makes sense, not this Prometheus bullshit.
>>
>>82776392
>muh character development
not every story ever told is about that
other than that I agree, there's no logical way to connect this movie to Alien
>>
>>82776392
Both this and prometheus take place almost a century before Alien. Plus these aren't the same facehuggers. They're a different breed. That's why they make protoxenos rather than xenos.
>>
>>82776445
>almost a century
>exactly 18 years
>>
>>82767797
>le prometheus was shit meme
not this again, fucking normies that know shit about filmcraft.

That movie was master crafted but it only suffered on the screenplay because fucking autist nerds like you are plaguing the industry.
>>
>>82776392
>Facehugger embryo gestates in just a few hours
gestation time has proven to vary wildy through the films, also we have no idea how long they were actually there.
>almost fully mature alien comes out instead of some nymph-like bitch
alien 3
>facehugger delivers payload in literally less than 10 seconds
dont have a cinematic evidence for it, but it happens in the comic. most recent being alien: defiance. still strange though.
>it turns out the facehuggers were engineered from Shaw's eggs, so how the fuck did they end up spreading to the LV whatever?
This is the bullshit part,
>>
>>82776445
>almost a century
>less then 2 decades
hmmmmmmmm
>>
>>82776443

I mean I agree but damn we didn't even know the name of every character or a tidbit about it .That girl that got decapitated by the neomorph, did she even have a line?

Fucking friday the 13th films introduced all their cast and gave them lines

>>82776445
Protoxenos? They were xenomorphs, identical to the what we're used to. The Neomorphs didn't come from the facehuggers, those were from the spores.

And david explicitly says he created the eggs with the facehuggers, presumably from exposing Shaw's eggs to the virus
>>
>>82776488
My bad. But the xenos we see in this film that had fast growing chestbursters got wiped out completely by the end. The only two remaining ones were probably experimented on further by david while he had they're embryos in cryo.
>>
>>82776575
>identical to what we are used to
they are actually very different in looks, even when comparing it to the runner. however there are a million things that qualify under xenomorph like those fish things from the comics. so it doesnt matter.
>>
>Choose a vital skeleton crew to lead an extremely important mission
>Turns out they're all married couples

Didn't anyone in the company thought about how risky that would be? Everyone becomes unprofessional the second something affects their partner.

Also I was pretty disappointed at the "Humanity" from these characters. Tennesee asks for his wife every 5 seconds, and when he finds out about her, he shuts up and is completely unaffected 1 hour later
>>
>>82776575
Protoxenos as in they're a precursor to normal xenos. Look at the OP. It's body is far more fleshy looking and less biomechanical in appereance and it's back tubes look more like a reversed ribcage.
>>
>>82776389
Everyone remembers 9/11 too.
>>
File: xeno.png (203KB, 560x373px) Image search: [Google]
xeno.png
203KB, 560x373px
>>82776644

Alien comics are non canon. There's a comic where some little girl sprints with a revolver and kills like 3 aliens and injures a queen.

Also, they looked pretty damn similar, I can't spot the difference desu. And the credits referred to it as xenomorph, not proto xeno
>>
>>82776656
i think the idea was that they just live in the colony along with the rest. but man, despite how meh this movie was, it has KILLER set up and potential for the next one that ridley has already started... but this is ridley. there must have been a reason they didnt call him back for aliens.
>>
>>82776709
>muscles on top of exoskeleton

BRAVO
>>
>>82776709
then you really are blind, look at a pic of big chap, there are almost no bio mechanics on it. dont get me wrong, i enjoy the fleshy looks, but they are very different looking. but again, the aliens from alien to aliens to 3 to Resurrection all look different. so it doesn't really matter, its just very out of place with the rest.
>>
>>82776709
the fire and stone comics have been officially announced as canon, plus a bunch more. None of the old ones though, all recent stuff.
A few of the most recent novels has been canonized too, plus the videogame alien colonial marines
The AvP movies have been deemed a "what if" scenario though so they are non canon
>>
Daily reminder that Xenomorphs aren't scary anymore and Ridley knows that. The real source of horror in the movie is David.
>>
>>82776797
you're right, but I just assumed that the "biomechanical" stuff was due to the differences between practical effects and cgi
>>
>>82776865
meh im assuming that david is gonna an hero himself with a chest burster or throw android flesh dna in there during the next movie. because fuck it at this point.
>>
One of the black virus xenomorph survived, right?

Only one was killed by capt. Oram, what happened to the other one?
>>
>>82776973
first one was shot to death in the grass field
>>
>>82776973
wasnt it in the landing craft that exploded?
>>
>>82777003
no you see it hilariously chimp out outside right before the lander explodes, it eat shits during >>82777002
>>
>>82776973
>>82777003
Didn't the other one run off before the ship exploded?
>>
>>82777002
>>82777003
>>82777038
>>82777039

wait, didnt david scare it away with the flare he shot?
>>
>>82777002

Didn't it escape after David shot the flashlight?
>>
>>82777067
Isn't it the one that comes back and rips off that one girl's head?
>>
>>82777074
it scares of the one that gets shot by the captain, the other was already dead.
>>
>>82776500
The screenplay is one of the most important parts of a movie. Yes, it had great visuals, but the screenplay was atrociously bad.
>>
>>82777097
>>82777074
>>82777039
>>82777038
>>82777003
>>82777002
>>82776973

ok lads, there are 2 neomorphs

#1 was from the guy who went for a smoke while accompanying bioscience girl
#2 was from gay cowboy's lover who took a whiff of alien spores

#1 was on the landing craft that got incinerated
#2 was the one that came out of mr fruitcake when they reached the landing craft

#2 escaped after david shot the flare and I assume its the fully grown one which gets shot by the captain in the engineer's temple later
>>
>>82776500
>the screenplay sucked
>on the movie advertising itself as a lorefag movie
>m-mastercrafted
retards should be shot.
>>
If David wiped out the engineers, how does "Alien" start with the crew getting inside an engineers ship with xeno-eggs ?

It doesn't make sense, David created them after killing the engineers.
>>
>>82777262
But you see #1 escape the landing craft. It clearly runs off frame seconds before the explosion.
>>
>>82777262

#1 escapes before the ship explodes, there's a shot of him running off the grass
>>
>>82777262
wrong
1 was born on the craft and left the craft and was later shot in the field
2 was born from the fag, was scared away in the field, and died at the temple.

They LITERALLY say "watch out, there is another one"
>>
>>82777284
thank ridely "i dont care, ill make something up" scott
>>
>>82777348
so did #1 explicitly die in the field? im confused, i dont remember seeing that

>>82777284
it'll all be explained in the (((next))) movie
>>
>>82777284
Engineers are an advanced species. You think they only lived in one planet? Even humans were colonizing planets. Also, they dudes that were killed looked like peasants or something, maybe just a shitty colony.
>>
>>82777421
yes it was riddled with bullets.
this also says the same thing
http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Neomorph
>>
>>82777215
The screenplay was sub par but what really murdered the movie was editing, the movie had no flow and 90% of the "plot holes" are explained in scenes that were inexplicably chopped off, while stuff that shouldn't have been left in (like the religious rants written by someone who obviously has no idea about what religion is in the first place). I haven't seen any of the fan edits but I'm sure they're better than the actual movie
>>
>>82777284
Wait David managed to wipe out the engineers? How? Guy was just a head last we saw him
>>
>>82777284
>race of colonizers
>kill off everyone in their capital
>exterminated forever omfg lmao @ u engineer
sure
>>
>>82777506
>Guy was just a head last we saw him
Shaw put him back together
>>
>>82777506
he filled up a gorrilion black goo missles and just fucking dropped them over the engineer city like a mad man.
>>
File: 32193389103.jpg (90KB, 951x840px) Image search: [Google]
32193389103.jpg
90KB, 951x840px
>humans are genetically the same or very similar to the engineers

>engineers when exposed to black goo
near instant flesh-rot death

>humans when exposed to black goo
turn into zombies after a few hours

why the discrepancy? I though Prometheus stated that the DNAs of humans and engineers match
>>
>>82777570
well we see in the opening of prometheus that the ritual of engineers staring life on a planet is them BLACKING themselves, so maybe when life born of goo comes in contacts with more goo, the dna cant handle it

this is just my thoughts.
>>
i need the digits give them to me!
>>
>>82777540
>>82777473

Then how did the surviving engineers transported David's eggs on the 1st film?

Did they return to their planet and thought "WOW MY PEOPLE GOT WIPED OUT FO EXISTANCE, HEY LOOK! SOME STRANGE ALIEN EGGS, I'M GONNA TAKE IT WITH ME!"?
>>
>>82777570
my real question
>there is a mural of a deacon on the juggernaut
>how to make a deacon
>infect a guy with a drop of goo
>make him fuck a chick
>chick gives birth to a *not* facehugger
>it impregnates an engineers
hmmmmmm very convoluted
>>
Ridley thinks he's smarter than us
Ah the wheat yes da wheat genetically modified to what we have today. Found on other planets. Do you get it normies do you. please Ridley off this world.
>>
>>82777570
One drop created that abomination while a fuckton of black goo obliterated them. It's like radiation.
>>
>>82777654
David is off to create a whole ecosystem of xenos, maybe some engineer out there later tries to harvest the eggs from the new ecosystem to use as weapons, the fuck do I know
>>
>>82777654
Maybe because david didn't created them, he just reverse engineered the xenomorph.
>>
Did anyone else notice the ship looked like a dick on one of the screens during the solar panel repair
>>
>>82777732
that would mean he was just lying when he explained how he made them, that wouldnt make any sense.
>>
>>82768060
why don't you shove it shitstain
>>
>>82777823
He could have still engineered them himself while using information he found from the engineers
>>
>>82776850
>the fire and stone comics have been officially announced as canon
>predator plasma cannons cannonically bounce the fuck off engineers
Predators confirmed BITCHES OF THE UNIVERSE
>>
>>82777881
ridley says himself in an interview that david made the xenomorph. david is the originator, those eggs in alien are connected to him. there is no debate or discussion to be had. ridley is just gonna pull some wild bullshit thats gonna be retarded to connect it to the derelict.
>>
>>82776443
It's the most important or top 2 most important thing in a movie. If the people are card board cut outs or generic, there's little reason to care what's happening on screen, even if a lot of other things are being done well.

There are likely almost no movies in the top 200 of all time (of a legit list) that don't have decent or great character. development.
>>
>>82777559
>Even off screen the characters in Prometheus are mind boggling stupid
Good lord
>>82777570
That small genetic difference makes a big difference when it comes to black goo, how do you not understand this
>>82777909
Perhaps but the predator won that duel
>>
>>82777909
>predator bomb leaves nothing but skeleton
predators have way bigger guns then the plasma cannon you know? and their spears seem to do decent damage, so their spear guns would be good.
>>
>>82777823
He didn't made them but he maybe tried to perfect them. He also was a lying asshole if you didn't noticed.
>>
So, what exactly did David do to Shaw?

And why? Didn't he love her?
>>
>david said he and shaw arrived 10 years ago
>david bombs the engineers
>we see that the planet has harsh weather and david says storms can last for weeks
>dead bodies still lying on the ground after 10 years
>shaw's body still looks fleshy and wet

wheres the decay? they should all be bone by now
>>
>>82778015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo30bZc10D0
Literally says in this interview that david made them, dont make things up.
>>
So has Ridley fucked up this franchise with retarded movies worse than Lucas did?
>>
>>82778067
wouldnt it be funny if Shaw fucked up his circuitry while repairing him

maybe she wired something wrong
>>
>>82778072
god knows what david did to her, she might even be in some sort of half dead, half alive state
>>
>>82778067
>Robots
>capable of love
Do not trust machines
>>
>>82778119
>>82778067
its mentioned that they specifically made the newer models after david to have less emotion because they were all apparently absolute madmen. i mean, normal humans can do some fucked up things to people they "love"
>>
>>82778098
Nah
>>
>>82778190
You don't have to be in love in order to do fucked up things, a lot of fucked up things can be done in the name of science and knowledge.

More importantly if you don't force your AI to follow the 3 laws of robotics then you fucked up
>>
>>82773848
This is the actual problem. It's not as bad as Prometheus for how obvious the idiocy is there but it's still bad. Anons above are right that a bio active alien planet that has been strenuously examined by probes for years and has been determined to have a safe atmosphere and presents no real corrosive or abiotic tendencies elsewhere in its ecology would probably not be approached by explorers concerned over bacterial, viral, or possibly even fungal infection.

But they still would wear masks. Always always always be redundant with preventative measures. Act like there's a chemical spill even when there hasn't been one. It's an alien fucking planet.

But beyond that, this is a planet with Earth ecology. Red. Fucking Flag. This is not a beacon of hope. This should have made every scientist awake on the Covenant immediately reach for hazmat suits. If it has macroscopic earth life, it has microscopic life tailored for it. They should have avoided that planet like the literal plague it most likely was.
>>
Movie was absolute garbage. At least Prometheus had interesting ideas.

Every character but David was uninteresting, the ending of Prometheus gets shit on and the xenos dont do shit.
>>
>>82769091

There's an interview where Fass and Ridley laugh at that line
>>
>>82773689
He didn't say "all men"
>>
Do any of the female cast get face fucked by the face huggers? I need to know as this is a big fetish of mine
>>
So what's next for the Engineers? Are they really gone for good?
>>
>>82776575

Are we forgetting that technically Shaw shouldn't even have eggs?

Prometheus says she's sterile
>>
>>82765626
Was the wheat wild or man made?
>>
File: IMG_0824-475x382.png (61KB, 475x382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0824-475x382.png
61KB, 475x382px
>mfw David creates the Xenomophs
>mfw lorefags got BTFO by based Ridley
Get fucked you pseudo-intellectual cunts
>>
>>82779735
That's not what sterile means necessarily . You can have normal ovaries with eggs that just don't respond properly to the hormone signal to release, for example. Then you would have fertile eggs that just wouldn't be available without some kind of elaborate medical procedure.
>>
>>82765399
Damn, this movie is a total letdown.

>>82776070
>They spend time discussing how eerily similar this planet is to earth before they arrive.
They're scientists. They should've known better to NOT just trust data without taking any BASIC precautions.

>I don't recall them ever eating the wheat
No they never, but iirc he smelled it. Less stupid, but stupid nonetheless. Unless I'm wrong and he didn't smell it then I'm sorry.

>The guy accidentally stepped on those and the tiny spores
He's talking about the second guy in the Engineer's ship entrance. See my first point about basic precaution.

>She thought she could take it out with the bigass shotgun, but women.
Still a scientist. It's the more understandable stupid, but stupid is stupid.

See, lots of this movie plot can be avoided with not doing anything stupid.
>>
It was shit desu.

>marketed as horror
>and body horror
not even scary, nor did it make me squirm
Prometheus at least made me squrim a bit with the trilobyte and that goddamn snake thing going down the dude's throat.
>>
>>82765399
Come on anon, it's 2017. An android that grows hair isn't that weird. He's not going to short circuit if he takes a bath either.
>>
>>82767797
this
>>
>>82773838
>le director's cut
>>
>>82765399

So is this another BvS/MoS/SW prequels where autists pretend it's great because mainstream hates it?
>>
>>82770243

Remember fucking South America and what new viruses did to it?

Those people are supposed to be smart scientists selected to go into space. Not some rednecks.
>>
>>82767595
I read that in a high pitch squeaky voice
>>
>Shaw trusting the robot that killed her whole crew

Fuck you Ridley
>>
Any alien isolation-esque spooky moments or just hack and slack bullshit
>>
>>82780896
I mean, that actually makes sense when you consider how much of a manipulative asshole David is.
>>
My favorite part was when they drive of cliff and one of them says " Harry Potter can suck my diiiiiiiiiick!". Man leave it to Scott to bring sci fi horror back in its spot as head chef of the food chain.
>>
>>82780949
Letting a rogue robot put you into cryosleep makes sense?
>>
OP here. Didn't expect this thread to be half discussions about the morality of homosexuality.
>>82779908
I did feel a smug sense of satisfaction when all the engineers got holocausted. Lore-fags BTFO.
>>
I was in the military (not US) and our battalion had 700 men. Our colonel was wicked intelligent because he was literally one out of 700.
Now you've got 2000 people on a space ship and the smartest guy you could find was James Franco? The second smartest was a religious idiot and the 3rd smartest was a chick who was banging your smartest guy?
Why are people in the future so fucking stupid?
2000 people is a lot to chose from and I'm guessing those 2000 were already chosen from a larger group of people.
>>
>>82776500
You are braindead
>>
Can we all agree the backburster scene was goat?
>>
>>82779615
Sadly no
>>
Do any of the charcaters get high in this movie, I just when to see a movie where the characters get turnt and the alien comes out and there all bug eyed like whoa!
>>
File: redditor.jpg (66KB, 305x574px) Image search: [Google]
redditor.jpg
66KB, 305x574px
>>82780893
>>
>>82781083
Yes.
Also, tiny xeno hands.
>>
>>82780511
It doesn't savor anything. It's just skipping along at it's brisk pace not taking any time to let the audience appreciate anything.

Facehugger?
>ZAP ZOOM SOP BWAP ZIGGITY BAP WHO CARES HOW GROSS THIS IS LETS GET TO THE GOOD PART

Alien birth scene?
>AINT GOT NO TIME FOR CHEST BURSTERS AND HIDING AND SHIET NIGGUH ITS TIME FOR DA M-D-K!!!
>>
>>82781121
Shit was fucking adorable.
>>
>>82781106
Whon of the charcaters is all choking over his weed like " what the fhhhuggg..." As his best friend gets slapped by that xeno and his friend is just " wHAT THE FHUU.."
>>
>>82781083

Thought it was awful and shlocky and only missing Tom and Jerry sound effects when they slipped on blood
>>
>>82781160
Had a cool idea for a side character some black dude all vaped out with locs and he's just staring into the abyss thinking about kool aid some shit and the xeno pops his head out and the black dude just puffs his thick vapes at the xenos face
>>
>David creates the Alien
>somehow they end up on another Engineer ship that crashes on LV426 for Ripley and co to find
>next movie is another prequel so there won't be an explanation
What did they mean by this?

I saw Covenant last night and it was mostly entertaining, but fuck me some of the script was terrible, the characters were all just fodder for shocking death scenes and the more information we get about the origin of the alien the less I want to know. The original worked because it was a slow, tense burn with some unfathomable monstrosity from outer space hunting the crew. There was a sense of mystery and the unknown. All of that is lost and replaced with cliche dialogue, shallow characters and melodrama.
>>
>>82781212

How was it shlocky?

The buildup was great and the effects until the dodgy CG Alien was great

That and the Cornfield scene was the only part of the film that actually had urgency about it
>>
>>82781083
it was ok

but the extremely fast development time bugged me

if these neomorphs and protoxenomorphs are earlier versions of the aliens they should be less efficient/ weaker
>>
>>82781219
>>82781219
>>82781219
There gatta be a seen where like half the crew in a room doing mad bong hits and just get blown out and the alien comes and kind of sniffs them or some weird shit and they offer him a bong hit and he does it starts going crazy whiling it's tail around and they start laughing and some dude gets his head chopped of by the bong hit xeno tail
>>
>>82781263
Some of the "leaks" claimed there was supposed to be a neomorph vs xenomorph fight. I'm kinda disappointed it didn't happen.
>>
>>82781337

Good we dont need that crap from AVP
>>
>>82781350
>AVP
>Alien vs Predator
>Predator
What exactly did you misunderstand here you mouth-breathing idiot?
>>
>>82781425

What exactly did you misunderstand?

We dont need tacky fights, like the AVP films, in the new Alien movies
>>
at this point the AVP movies are on par or better than these 2 neo-aliens/ prometheus movies

for real
>>
>>82780978
If that wasn't in the movie, it should have been
>>
Soldiers/scientists in charge of a trillion dolar colony ship with 2000 people on it are trusted to make the correct decisions, but they fail in the most retarded way to even follow what should be standard protocols, they went and landed into an unknown planet, the very first thing they should do is scan the fucking place, yes, they determine it was almost identical to earth after scanning it, but somehow fail to locate a large city of holocausted engineers. Next on the list should be determine if there is wild life, they didn't even flinch at the idea that nothing was alive exept for plants, in a planet identical to earth including plants, that is a huge fucking red alert, no masks, no nothing. Also humans in the future don't know what fucking spore releasing fungi look like for some reason, the last thing anyone with half a brain would do is sniff the thing.

Tee the pilot of the dick shaped space craft wasn't able to take a single decision based on logic, "oh no, sounds like everything down there is going to hell do to an unknown danger, muh feelings for my space biologist wife who probably violated every fucking protocol by bringing a guy who is clearly violently sick into the only ship capable of getting everyone out, will impair my decision making process and risk absolutely everything for retarded people who based on retarded assumptions went down there without any kind of preparation"

Also the hot tits that got decapitated was told to stay near the temple camp, and guess what happens next, she tries as hard as she could to get the farthest from the camp, knowing there is a fucking man eating space dog out there capable of killing everyone.

The dead of the first captain was totally inexplicably retarded, "hey fellow engineer who designs this cryopod, lets make them totally unsafe for space travel, at the slightest movement make it so it explodes and incinerates everything inside the pod, without any kind of safety features"
>>
>>82781227
The franchise is dead. The only reason it was ever entertaining was because there was a mystery behind the horror. Like, where the fuck did these things come from, and who was the pilot of the ship that crashed into that uninhabitable planet?

Then you find out it was all because a robot with daddy issues decided to cleanse the genepool of a bunch of human retards in space and then play patty-cake with their entrails
>>
>>82781448
Why would a Neo vs Xeno fight be tacky?
Literally selection of the fittest nigga.
>>
>>82781598

Because when it comes to movie monster fights they are mostly shit

/tv/ itself constantly rips on the AVP movies and the fights in Jurassic Park 3 and World
>>
>>82781630
Well excuse me, I don't watch enough of these tacky monster movies to draw conclusions about such trends.
>>
>>82765626
>poisonous looking sacks
They looked more like animal turds though.
>>
>>82781598
>Literally selection of the fittest nigga.

These are the people Ridley Scott has to appeal to
>>
>>82781565
Tee was so stupid and retardedly emotional for a guy

IIRC initally he had no idea how they were doing right? for all he knew the team could be having a jolly good time, i didnt know why he was freaking out so much over not having communication for a few hours due to the storm
>>
>>82781565

The second captain, a man of faith, is somehow allowed to go on with the colonists, knowing from the beggining his judgment is already impared, at the temple he commits the classic alien eggs scene ,"Let's follow this android who seems to be really out of place, who is catched interacting with the xenomorph who killed hot tits, into an underground space eggs stash, and for some reason I am greatly compelled to touch the alien egg"
Apart from being a clear violation of any safety protocol that's related to alien life forms, it's pretty easy to deduce that these eggs are related to the man eating space dog since nothing else is alive.

The engineer city that got holocausted by david seems to be just a simple colony, one isn't expected to believe that an incredible advanced species capable of space travel is only located on a shitty planet prone to electromagnetic storms and hurricanes and what not, to be their only homeland.
>>
This deleted scene from Alien is better than anything in Ridley's latest garbage.

https://youtu.be/WsU6yaA0r0w

What happened to the man?
>>
>>82781704
>IIRC initally he had no idea how they were doing right?

Except for that entire video call he had with his wife where she sounded distraught and talked about a monster
>>
It was still never answered how David beat Walter in a fight.

Walter was the superior model, in every aspect, but are we to believe David beat him in a fight whilst downed, or that he managed in a split second to convince Walter to stand down, and let him re-attack the humans whom Walter was programmed to defend?
>>
>>82773941
Aliens is great but it isn't better than Alien anon
>>
>>82781835
it was the kiss

david gave him android gay aids
>>
People complaining about stupid little accidents that have big consequences. Yes, it was stupid of them not to wear helmets. So what? We are only human. Life is a series of stupid unfortunate events. Your parents having sex was a stupid unfortunate event.
>>
>>82781791
>The engineer city that got holocausted by david seems to be just a simple colony

Guys I think I've got it. What if the black goo is used to turn people into engineers?
It wasn't a weapon, they were trying to "evolve" us into them.
>>
>>82781835

Because they must leave something for a sequel/prequel for retarded reasons, walter clearly had the upper hand and somehow lost to a cliche zoom in to murder weapon scene.
>>
>>82781835
the shot of him grabbing the knife while whispering secret robot jutsu to distract walter.
>>
>>82781835
That part annoyed me as well, even though I enjoyed the movie. Maybe the xenomorph helped David or something, or maybe he just used his creativity to somehow beat him.
>>
>>82781858
literally not an excuse

a team of educated science people decide to romp around on an mysterious, recently discovered planet in tshirt and jeans

this wasnt an unfortunate event, this was like 20 people deciding to drop 100 points in IQ collectively

also why would the captain, the highest in command, be down there? he should be on the ship to oversee everything.
>>
>>82781858

Yet, my parents weren't the fucking people in charge of 2000 lives in a very well funded and equipped colony mission. Just because we were accidents, it doesn't mean you are entitled to fuck in every possible way
>>
>>82781867

They clearly express disgust for humans in prometheus, humans are probably an abomination between an engineer and an earth chimp.
>>
>>82781997

Cont. you don't try to rationalize with the chimp, you just eliminate it or make it your pet.
>>
What you all seem to fail to get is they were colonists. They were supposed to take risks. Humanity was dying and they were sending lots of colony ships into deep space. You think the Covenant was the only one? Everybody knew some of them would not make it. You have to take risks like landing on a random habitable planet if you want to discover a new world for your species. Christopher Columbus took a risk when there were no land in sight and his crew was telling him to get back home. Neil Armors taking a risk when he agreed to fly to the moon. Sometimes you have to choose to do the stupid things in order to make progress.
>>
>>82782100

Yes, they are colonists, in a very well funded and equipped colony mission, in the future, where the ones in charge are scientists and soldiers, they probably went through many preparation courses, you wouldn't let a toodle fly a plane, let a lone a giantic space craft, to assume they were unprepared for this kind of situation is flawed.
>>
How did David

1. Beat Walter when he was on his back
2. Repair his damaged vocal chord / voice box
3. Chop off his hand
4. Change clothes into Walters clothes

And still have enough time to race back out to the Covenant
>>
>>82782409

David was fixed by shawn, how?

Ripley magic literally
>>
>>82782449
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus
>>
File: 8789799.gif (891KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
8789799.gif
891KB, 500x275px
The only thing that genuinely spooked me was the face Walter made when David forcefully shut him down after the android smooch.
>>
>>82765399
>This movie was cinema.
Yeah. No shit, retard?
>>
File: spepe.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
spepe.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>82782497
>there will never be a movie about the adventures of Shaw and David's head.
>>
Do you see tits in the shower scene?
>>
>>82782621
only side boob

>>82782516
the entire cinema was audibly cringing when david leaned in for the gay kiss lol
>>
>>82782516
yeah, that was shocking actually. it was such a weird face to pull.
>>
>>82765399
Fuck off shill they ruined 30 years of mythology by fucking it up for me and making it a man made disease instead of an alien
>>
>>82781791
>catched
>>
>>82776070
>They spend time discussing how eerily similar this planet is to earth before they arrive
If you seriously think this is an actual argument, you should feel bad.

>I don't recall them ever eating the wheat
This is correct, the other anon was mistaken.

>The guy accidentally stepped on those and the tiny spores, which are invisible to the naked eye, entered one of the many orifices in the human body all without the host ever knowing.
One of them did, the shaven dude who staid behind with Black Biologist. He's talking about Gay Dude (or at least I think it was him), when they enter the alien spaceship that crash landed there are more spore sacks and he just puts his exposed face right in front of them.

>She thought she could take it out with the bigass shotgun, but women.
Sure, a real person might have behaved like that in that situation. The point is that a movie should find a better, less irritating way to raise tension or cause a situation to escalate.
>>
>>82765952
>prometheus
never forget the geographer that got lost in the ship he mapped
dropped the film at that point
>>
>>82765399
My nigga.

3rd best Alien movie after 1 and 2 IMO, really loved how they made the Neos and Protos tanky as fuck and genuinely threatening. Can't wait to see how scary an actual fully developed Xeno is, got a feeling bullets won't do shit to it since they had a hard enough time taking down the fleshy Neos.
>>
>>82782516
I'm glad I wasn't the only one, those couple of frames were the most unsettling thing in the film for me
>>
>>82771458
>As a LGBT person i'm actually semi triggered

haha what a normie, i'm LGBTQPZHN
>>
>>82770706
it quacks like a zombie, it waddles like a zombie it looks like a zombie. It doesn't matter what the specific circumstances of the movie called for it, for all intents and practices, it's basically a zombie, and that's a bit disappointing coming from Ridley, but it's also far from the real problem(s) of Prometheus.
>>
If the facehuggers eggs were created by david, how are they in the ship of the first film when ripley finds them and with and engineer there too?
>>
>>82783530
What's the problem exactly? The engineers aren't necessarily extinct by the end of Covenant, so it's just a matter of one of them entering in contact with the facehugger eggs (or David) at some point.
>>
>>82782646
And corpse boob
>>
>>82768797
this, I mean the film did spend a solid 30 minutes setting up why they were emotional and lost their composure, and pointing out that they weren't supposed to be in control in the first place
>>
>Exploring alien planet, uncharted territory
>"Imma take a piss!"
>proceeds to smoke a cigarette, no piss.
This character infuriated me.
>>
>>82784014
the """"""biologist"""" didnt even blink when the guy suggested he was going to contaminate the water with his piss

i get that there are earth plants magically on this planet but its still an alien planet
>>
>>82783519
which are?
>>
File: noice mate.png (877KB, 1066x568px) Image search: [Google]
noice mate.png
877KB, 1066x568px
>Couple of months ago i saw the whole ring cycle.
>mfw Entry of the Gods Into Valhalla
>>
File: MURAL1.jpg (760KB, 1434x1920px) Image search: [Google]
MURAL1.jpg
760KB, 1434x1920px
Okay. So where is the story meant to go from here?

David has 20,000 colonists, a new Earth and TWO facehugger embryos. He doesn't have access to his black goo or research.

So he's going to get just two Xenomorph out of this. How does this help? As far as we know, the Alien Queen and the Hive like ecosystem isn't canon anymore. Ridley hates Aliens.

Are we going back to Xeno adults being able to turn humans into facehugger eggs? If that's the case, why did both of the Xenos at the end of Covenant go on a full blown murder spree with no attempt made to capture humans for breeding? With that lack or foresight, they'd run out of human breeding material pretty fucking swiftly and doom their race.

It's so fucking weird because Aliens managed to accomplish in 1 reveal (the Queen) a more elegant origin for the eggs/xenos than Ridley has managed in two movies.

What's worse is that Ridley already gave us the answer in Prometheus. Just look at the mural where they discover the black goo. You can see the Xeno, to the sides you can see facehuggers attacking humans. We got our answer: Engineers created us as a form of cattle to propagate Xenomorphs. They created black goo. They were using it to perfect the Xenomorph as a bioweapon. They created us in their own image as a way for Xeno to breed. It made sense. Sure it wasn't the best answer, but it was one. Now in Covenant, we have David rediscovering all the Engineers notes on Xeno creation/breeding and using it to extinct both us and the Engineers. Ironically this closes off the universe Ridley is building and making it even smaller than Star Wars. The Nostromo never landed on a random planet and encountered a nightmare alien species. Xenomorph are almost as human as we are, sharing the same creators and needing us to breed. It's makes the concept of a space terror much less frightening when they're practically our neighbours that could have existed on Earth.
>>
Hey so did David create the black spores that killed the engineers or was it already on the ship? Explain. I can't remember much if Prometheus.
>>
>>82784582
The ship they took was full of the stuff. Shaw was flipping out about it when they were trying to talk to the Engineer in Prometheus
>>
>>82783530
We don't know if that's the case yet, David may have just recreated something the Engineers knew about.

We also don't know if that was the actual home world of the Engineers, it looked like more of an outpost world or something. I have a feeling the actual world the Covenant was looking for may be the real home world of them.

It could go in multiple directions right now, we still don't really know jack shit about the Engineers really.
>>
>>82784233

David has 2000 colonists you dumb fuck
>>
>>82784233
>Ridley hates Aliens.
Where did this meme come from? Ridely likes what Cameron did with Aliens and respects him a lot.
>>
>David decides the human race doesn't deserve to survive
>attempts to create the perfect organism to succeed the humans
>except the Xeno requires a human host to reproduce, so he still needs humans to exist for his prefect organism to thrive
>surely this dependency on humans means it's not so perfect after all

Isn't this a massive plothole or did I miss something
>>
>>82778086
Jesus christ is the guy a journalist or professional cocksucker.
>>
>>82782621
Just briefly and then sideboobs
>>
>>82784945
He never said that this was to succeed humans, so that another race may evolve. The xeno could just be a means to that end.
>>
>>82765399
The only bit that annoyed me was the captain looking into the egg because david told him to.

At this point there's 0 reason to trust him
>>
>>82782646
I thought that was a godfather reference with freddo and all things
>>
>>82786047
>At this point there's 0 reason to trust him

Well we know he was an idiot. He believed in god
>>
>David wants to create the perfect lifeform

>Creates a feral species that destroys every animal in its sight

U wot

Also, did the neomorph didn't attack David because he was a robot or why?
>>
>>82786837
Maybe it recognised that David was it's creator and didn't want to hurt it
>>
>>82786837
>David wants to create the perfect lifeform
>that is capable of wiping out humanity

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>82786837
David wants to wipe humanity so a new species to evolve, and the xeno is the perfect tool to make that happen.
Did you listen to a word he said during the movie?
>>
>>82784964

What's the difference?
>>
smallfat
>>
>>82780881
You do know South Americans were still "*humans.," meaning their physiology would be the same as the Europeans. Meaning every single virus a European could get, the natives could. Because we're the same species
*by any non-/pol/ definition
Thread posts: 291
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.