[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, we can all agree this was the greatest action movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: T2-Poster[1].jpg (428KB, 1000x1426px)
T2-Poster[1].jpg
428KB, 1000x1426px
So, we can all agree this was the greatest action movie of all time, right?
>>
>>82760063
No joking around it pretty much is. I'd regard Jurassic Park 1 and T2 on pretty much the same tier.
>>
>>82760063
I'd say so yes
>>
>>82760063
Yup.

It isn't even debatable.
>>
Die Hard for me /b/ro.

T2 a close second though
>>
while you're at it guys: the greatest action movie of all time is Ghostbusters: Answer the Call
>>
I prefer Aliens 2bh. T2 is second place.
>>
Die Hard is better
>>
The Terminator > Terminator 2
>>
Yea it was made in a time period when the term "block busters" wasn't even a thing yet. You had excellent directors who knew how to tell a story and how to properly manage most of the steps in the film making process. Producers mostly got out of the way since these directors had already proven themselves with previous works and therefore were able to size up the budgets pretty high, especially for special effects. Special effects at the time was what producers knew would bring people to theaters before the advent of early CG technologies. Basically this business model climaxed at around the late 90s to early 2000s for various reasons. Now all we get are insanely focus grouped films where the producers only look at spreadsheets to determine what types of demographics will buy tickets. Special effects dont seem so special when anymore when you can just paint your entire film set green and hire an entire legion of low paid CG artists to render entire scenes.
>>
>>82760063
Yes 100%.
Robocop and Die Hard aren't far behind though.
>>
>>82763642
Scripts aren't written in accordance with the genre the story is set in but rather to appeal to most audiences. Don't even get me started on more recent trends where it seems everyone and their mum had to shoehorn in current politics at every step of production for a film, just to garner more attention or feel more relevant to the masses. I honestly hate sounding like such a pessimist but at some point you have to realize that the medium has changed significantly over time and not necessarily in a good manner.
>>
>>82760063
The Empire Strikes Back of Terminator movies.
>>
>>82760063
I don't know how to write this without sounding like a tryhard contrarian, but I never liked T2 as much as the general audience.
The cinematography is great, I love the T1000 and the T800, I also liked how they made Sarah Connor into a believable fighter (not like today, she is still a woman, this is something Cameron did perfectly in the past, he wrote female characters who were still women and not man with boobs), but my main problem is:
John Connor is an asshole, sure, this is the point of his character, but I never felt for him until the very end, I hate this child, I don't like the actor, he almost destroys the movie for me.
It's too fucking family friendly and the dialogue is apart from the interaction between Sarah Connor and T800 explaining things fucking cringe 90s shit.

I like T1 more.
>>
>>82760063
Ever seen True Lies, Eraser, Commando.. those I'd argue are on the same tier, Commando being the weakest and True Lies being the best
>>
File: trump_small_hands.jpg (68KB, 915x510px) Image search: [Google]
trump_small_hands.jpg
68KB, 915x510px
>>82763642
>he doesnt know JAWS started summer blockbusters

topkek. what are you.. 12?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.